4.00 star(s) 5 Votes

ohwonders

Apr 7, 2022
Seems like a game worth keeping an eye out for solely because of the art-style, always nice to see people take such approaches to games, it's very refreshing :D

Reactions: ell
Mar 3, 2022
I actually like the models. Anything is good when compared to the same models in every other game. But its near impossible to play due to how laggy it is.

Yeah fuck it. It was so slow that I just looked at the images in the folder. Hopefully the criticism doesn't put the dev off and he learns some tricks and stuff and gets the game working. Will be worth a look in a few updates hopefully.

Reactions: Gabaw

Gu Changge

Mar 13, 2018
what the hell, the game is almost 5GB and is barely any sexual content nor places or characters, damn

banuma

Jul 5, 2018
I like your thick women but have to agree that that shader is a bit funky. And good content is worth much more than grind. I think Pig Princess is a prime example how to do a nice story and how to introduce your world without grind but more character interaction and situational minigames.

Just my two cents. Good luck to you and I hope you just do it your way and have some fun. : )

Goblincore

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2022
I like your thick women but have to agree that that shader is a bit funky. And good content is worth much more than grind. I think Pig Princess is a prime example how to do a nice story and how to introduce your world without grind but more character interaction and situational minigames.

Just my two cents. Good luck to you and I hope you just do it your way and have some fun. : )
Thanks I'll check that one out, the next update was going to be more of an introduction to the wider world what with adding the school and all that, like Felsi (dwarf girl) is the way to bridge the gap between where the mc from and where he is now, so the player sort of gets the intro from the MCs perspective

Reactions: fanboi

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Is there any way to advance time of day? It feels like there are things that might only happen later in the day but there's no way to advance past afternoon?

Also does the main house have a second room? there's an arrow but it is never clickable?

edit: nevermind I hadn't found the farmcrops you can accesss while looking into the barn.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melmoth99

Goblincore

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2022
Is there any way to advance time of day? It feels like there are things that might only happen later in the day but there's no way to advance past afternoon?

Also does the main house have a second room? there's an arrow but it is never clickable?

edit: nevermind I hadn't found the farmcrops you can accesss while looking into the barn.
The arrow leads to the moms bedroom (or at least the bed), there was some sort of glitch in the code with the arrow or the scene, I've since fixed it so it'll be working in the next update

Reactions: Melmoth99

Goblincore

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2022
Then I am sorry to say that you're lying with your tags. The tags can only contain WHAT IS ACTUALLY PRESENT IN THE GAME CURRENTLY, so please remove:

lactation oral sex pregnancy rape virgin voyeurism

As none of that is present.
It's not cool to advertise your game with something that's not true.

Also, you're gonna have to take a course in game making and ESPECIALLY image compression.
Your png images are between 5 and 20 megabytes PER IMAGE. And you have no content that warrants a game almost FIVE GIGABYTES in size. The game is compressible to FAR less than the 184 MB that someone compressed it down to. And most of that is honestly the renpy engine.
None of your PNG images are compressed even a bit. Not cool!

Finally... your graphics don't work. All the women look like someone killed them, stuffed them, and then posed them. If someone told me that this game was made with a Commodore Amiga in 1992, I would likely believe it.

So long story short, take a game development course, buy a pair of glasses so you can see your graphics. Learn how to properly compress graphics AND ARHIVE YOUR MEDIA INTO .RPA ARCHIVES!

Then, once again, don't lie on the tag list.
Incest is in the game (right now between MC and aunt)
Lactation is in the game (a few lines with the mom and you can see when the goblins hold her down)
Oral sex is in the game (there's a scene between MC and aunt where she sucks him)
Pregnancy is in the game (the mom is literally and very clearly pregnant)
Rape is in the game ( guard is raped in the first scene of the game)
Virgin is in the game (MC starts off as a virgin as all MC's on this site do)
Voyeurism is in the game (with the scenes where you spy on the mom and aunt bathing)

5/7 of those are literally unavoidable and in the first minute or so of the game. Try actually playing the game before you comment on it being fake advertising.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
I did play the game.
1) I didn't get that at any time.
2) A few lines (text?) doesn't warrant a tag.
3) Didn't see any oral either.
4) Pregnancy is pregnancy, but the tag kind of requires the breeding to take place in game.
5) Rape, well ok, but one picture - really?
6) Virgin kind of pertains not to the MC but the characters the MC decides to "jump".
7) Voyeurism, well, that is an opinion. I don't get the feeling that he is spying, more like actually watching them.

All in all, one image does not warrant the use of a tag. It has to be prominent in the game. Otherwise you could riddle this mess with practically any tag on the site.

I didn't actually bother to check your pictures to see if they are really there. (I deleted it because frankly, a game is supposed to make you want to watch. This did the opposite) ... As far as game content, I was only able to watch the aunt chop wood, go to the two other aunts, and watch them sunbathe. And then watch mom take a bath in the pond. At that time, I couldn't get any further. Perhaps it's a bug (I wouldn't be surprised) and perhaps I just became too nauseated from the graphics and just quit and deleted the game.

Maybe that's because your game is so messed up that it isn't really obvious what to do. A guide, perhaps, would be in order.

Buddy, you've been here for a month. Look at my history on site. I might be very strict here, but maybe others could chip in on their opinions. I'm pretty sure a lot of site users would confirm my claim that one or two images does not constitute the use of a tag.

At the very least, the bit of my post you did not comment on, maybe listen and don't require people to download 7+ GB for a game with practically only still images (and not even good ones). Some people here have limited bandwidth.
Many of the actual 3D games here are 1-2 GB in size. And they have far more content than your 2D game.

I could replay and voice my opinions in a review (seems you need them). I'll do you a favor and refrain from that.

https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2023-02-03.10394/

The amount of content does not preclude the use of a tag, so long as it is present, nor does the individual player's ability to find said content within the game. I won't bother addressing these points individually, but I can confirm that the oral scene is currently in the game. Based on the definitions in the tag rule post you should probably save your frustration and sass for a dev that deserves it.

Reactions: Goblincore

Goblincore

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2022
I did play the game.
1) I didn't get that at any time.
2) A few lines (text?) doesn't warrant a tag.
3) Didn't see any oral either.
4) Pregnancy is pregnancy, but the tag kind of requires the breeding to take place in game.
5) Rape, well ok, but one picture - really?
6) Virgin kind of pertains not to the MC but the characters the MC decides to "jump".
7) Voyeurism, well, that is an opinion. I don't get the feeling that he is spying, more like actually watching them.

All in all, one image does not warrant the use of a tag. It has to be prominent in the game. Otherwise you could riddle this mess with practically any tag on the site.

I didn't actually bother to check your pictures to see if they are really there. (I deleted it because frankly, a game is supposed to make you want to watch. This did the opposite) ... As far as game content, I was only able to watch the aunt chop wood, go to the two other aunts, and watch them sunbathe. And then watch mom take a bath in the pond. At that time, I couldn't get any further. Perhaps it's a bug (I wouldn't be surprised) and perhaps I just became too nauseated from the graphics and just quit and deleted the game.

Maybe that's because your game is so messed up that it isn't really obvious what to do. A guide, perhaps, would be in order.

Buddy, you've been here for a month. Look at my history on site. I might be very strict here, but maybe others could chip in on their opinions. I'm pretty sure a lot of site users would confirm my claim that one or two images does not constitute the use of a tag.

At the very least, the bit of my post you did not comment on, maybe listen and don't require people to download 7+ GB for a game with practically only still images (and not even good ones). Some people here have limited bandwidth.
Many of the actual 3D games here are 1-2 GB in size. And they have far more content than your 2D game.

I could replay and voice my opinions in a review (seems you need them). I'll do you a favor and refrain from that.
1-7 completely irrelevant as they're all present in the game.

I didn't acknowledge what you said about the file size because I've already addressed it a few times in the thread and didn't want to repeat myself again.

As for your history on the site it looks like most of it is you picking apart the tags in various games, and apparently wrongly according to "jackeasy" above me. You strike me as the type to write a yelp review and think they're a food critic, so by all means please do NOT write a review because according to what others have said you're not qualified to.

Mar 21, 2019
Interesting concept. I wanted to play this some before commenting on the art, as the in-game experience can always be different.

My initial impressions are that the art direction isn't the worst it could be, but I think the mashup of realism and cell shading end up negating the desirable qualities of both. Cell-shading helps define form using color and shape, while realistic detail conveys the differences in texture and materials. It feels indecisive however, having something things with very little texture detail that look really great cell shaded, but also having things like shirts, wood, brick, etc. with way too much detail.

This is in the early stages, but having all those minute details cell shaded turns them into a muddy mess that creates a high amount of visual clutter and distraction. In some scenes it's not so bad, but in others, it's very hard to understand what the visual hierarchy is on a scene-to-scene basis. I noticed a lot of sequences have the black borders on the top to focus the scene; that may or may not be intentional because you noticed it as well, but they do hide some of the noise.

Here's an example that works pretty well and gives us a good view of the scene:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The amount of heavily detailed texture is low and the colors are distinct enough to give a sense of depth and scale even without shadows. Overall, easy to look at and know what I'm looking.

Here's an example that is just hard to take in:
There's so much detail on everything that it's melding together in a soup. You can barely make out the shelves in the back or tell if the circular objects are the wood, or kitchen pans. There's no where for the eye to rest, and I would define looking at it as "scratchy."

Overall, I'm not saying to scrap the notion of having some realistic textures, but I definitely think toning back some of the detail is something to think about. That can give your game a more solid visual language. If you want to go the way of more detail, lighting/shadows would greatly improve some scenes. Again, this is super early obviously, so you may have plans in the future to lean into one way or the other.

Goblincore

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2022
Interesting concept. I wanted to play this some before commenting on the art, as the in-game experience can always be different.

My initial impressions are that the art direction isn't the worst it could be, but I think the mashup of realism and cell shading end up negating the desirable qualities of both. Cell-shading helps define form using color and shape, while realistic detail conveys the differences in texture and materials. It feels indecisive however, having something things with very little texture detail that look really great cell shaded, but also having things like shirts, wood, brick, etc. with way too much detail.

This is in the early stages, but having all those minute details cell shaded turns them into a muddy mess that creates a high amount of visual clutter and distraction. In some scenes it's not so bad, but in others, it's very hard to understand what the visual hierarchy is on a scene-to-scene basis. I noticed a lot of sequences have the black borders on the top to focus the scene; that may or may not be intentional because you noticed it as well, but they do hide some of the noise.

Here's an example that works pretty well and gives us a good view of the scene:
The amount of heavily detailed texture is low and the colors are distinct enough to give a sense of depth and scale even without shadows. Overall, easy to look at and know what I'm looking.

Here's an example that is just hard to take in:
There's so much detail on everything that it's melding together in a soup. You can barely make out the shelves in the back or tell if the circular objects are the wood, or kitchen pans. There's no where for the eye to rest, and I would define looking at it as "scratchy."

Overall, I'm not saying to scrap the notion of having some realistic textures, but I definitely think toning back some of the detail is something to think about. That can give your game a more solid visual language. If you want to go the way of more detail, lighting/shadows would greatly improve some scenes. Again, this is super early obviously, so you may have plans in the future to lean into one way or the other.
yeah the realistic textures aren't intentional it's because some of the assets like the barn and the houses are assets from the unreal marketplace, so the textures need redoing because they're all the default stuff, eventually it'll all be replaced with the cartoon materials so its more uniform. but like you say, early days yet

TNVL

Aug 21, 2018
okey, the game concept looks cool, and the bodies is nice, but is the filter/render or whatever u done, make this just unplayable. If u redo this, in a another look/style, will probably enjoy it.

Reactions: banuma
Mar 21, 2019
yeah the realistic textures aren't intentional it's because some of the assets like the barn and the houses are assets from the unreal marketplace, so the textures need redoing because they're all the default stuff, eventually it'll all be replaced with the cartoon materials so its more uniform. but like you say, early days yet
Awesome, I figured with as much attention you've put into the characters and story so far, the visuals will eventually reflect your vision. Definitely watching.

Reactions: banuma

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
Baker looking like her own buns are fresh outta the oven :KEK: Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this one. Looks like you've addressed or at least acknowledged most of the criticism so I'll leave it at that.

Goblincore

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2022
Baker looking like her own buns are fresh outta the oven :KEK: Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this one. Looks like you've addressed or at least acknowledged most of the criticism so I'll leave it at that.
And THAT'S why its called the Rosy Cheeks bakery!

• Haha
Reactions: Gabaw and banuma
4.00 star(s) 5 Votes