Dima1999

Oct 20, 2018
Delayed.

■ Release of the product version from spring to summer 2023 ->
■ Release of the product version from July to September 2023

We've updated our launch outlook based on current progress and remaining work.
At this stage, it is highly likely that it will be around August 2023, but as a guide, we are taking intervals of one month before and after.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler
Aug 22, 2018
Delayed.

At this stage, it is highly likely that it will be around August 2023, but as a guide, we are taking intervals of one month before and after.
Big sad.

... Although of course I'd rather have a delay and end up with a good game, rather than having them rush it out.

Reactions: Rat-attack

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
Not that bad of a delay since in this blog post from 31-10-2022 ( ) they were saying about an release date being after December of this year since it has been too far off to tell for sure at that point. So I would instead consider it as them instead that they are reducing the max time till release due to what I understood them saying in that post as saying that Summer 2023 was when they would probably be sure of a release date and it could be past 2023 of the release. But I haven't kept up to date with these posts since I try to avoid self hyping up too much so probably missed something or misunderstood.
Anyway in my mind if it's before December of this year I'm happy with it. Though....this does make me start to get a bit concerned though about the size of the game as keeping in mind the Demo was released about 3 months ago it was complete up till the second boss, adds the question to me of how many bosses are planned and if it's going to match Mission Mermaiden's length and content at least. Since I recall seeing them showing what could be the full teleport/fast travel map in one of their dev videos and in the Demo we got access to just under half those spots with two at minimum not having anything to do or going on in them due to story stuff I believe. Additionally for Mission Mermaiden they had like 7 bosses right (technically 2 as one was a two stage fight)? 3 of which were in the final area while two was in each area so if the map is the same then I worry about fitting all those bosses in without cutting them out. So I hope, hope, hope, that the map has been expanded upon since that dev video and this does end up even bigger than Mission Mermaiden but I feel it would be wrong to not remain sceptical and cautious since there's too many games that have seemed promising that flop massively even though some had games made before them which were wonderful works.

PS As I felt like the hypnochair and tentacle wall traps never got a chance to shine in Mission Mermaiden as a result of them being purely in the last like 2-3 levels, I don't know if that's just me though?
(MCswagger's mod helps a ton with getting the hypnochair more noticed since it also removed each unique chair having to be visited and forced you to them) I think so due to maybe attempting to cram them in slightly at the last bit of development without enough time to fully test that last area zone out.

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
Yep has been for a while now unoffically. I don't believe I've heard anything saying that they have plans to translate it offically so don't hold out for that. If you don't want to wait for the text to get translated you can use a translated text file someone has made to get the translation instantly.

Estka

Dec 16, 2019
PS As I felt like the hypnochair and tentacle wall traps never got a chance to shine in Mission Mermaiden as a result of them being purely in the last like 2-3 levels, I don't know if that's just me though?
You're not wrong, the devs even mentioned that the mod added a lot of things that they thought was neat and were added into the new game they're developing.

• Wow
Reactions: Rat-attack

Mc swagger

Oct 19, 2019
You're not wrong, the devs even mentioned that the mod added a lot of things that they thought was neat and were added into the new game they're developing.
They did!? If thats true I would be honored! Do you remember where/when they mentioned my mod?

Reactions: Naurachne

Kantoraketti

Mar 10, 2019
Delayed.

I though the game already completed? Then whats this delay about??

Rat-attack

Aug 18, 2020
Couldn't we technically get a thread made for Hachina as there's been two pre-release versions released so that we can move all discussion over to it and not confuse people about if we're talking about that or Mission Mermaiden?

Hyurin

Oct 19, 2018
A random dude made a crappy mod for the game that you can find here. It makes the original game more challenging, so you dont have to loose on purpose to see the good parts of the game. It does not add new stuff like scenes or levels to the game. I would have made it different but hey, who am I to judge
isn't that modder you XD
well i was hoping with that mod other will go to mod that game as well but in the end i only see that mod XD

4.10 star(s) 19 Votes