Jacob VK

Mar 29, 2019
Ok ... pls add sandbox tag (bc we have no freeroam tag). I DLed the game and the first thing is a tutorial about stats, smartphone setting, image cropping and some other POINTLESS stuff for a game.

And I found a game stopping bug when you visit cooper's house:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'rel1_cooper_rsalph1a_updated'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes/r1/release1.rpyc", line 269, in script call
  File "scenes/e1/eyepatch1.rpyc", line 990, in script call
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1485, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Mothers and Daughters 0.1.0i
Sun Nov 14 15:01:03 2021
Not much content - sure you have 3 different locations to pick, but 1 broken too.

Most girls look quite strange and/or ugly, but hey ... matter of taste I guess.

Not the worst, but maybe first care about game breaking bugs before you spend time on picture cropping for your smartphone background.

Edit: Oh on the NTR stuff - as far as I understand it, I really like that approach. It is used as a "punishment" (or bc you dont care about the LI) and that sounds great. I said it several times, I do like it in games when you are not the target of all the cruise missile pussies in the game and when you can indeed fuck up with some depending on your choices.
I hate free roam, but maybe just to see how that will be implemented I might keep an eye on this.
i got the same error what to do?

Rectory

Sep 3, 2020
Hey, I played it complete, the LI models are fine, and it shows there is a lot of work on the mechanics of the cell phone and the walktrough is very well implemented, the only thing that seemed strange to me is that we can only visit 1 place after going to the college, a lot of content is lost in 1 single playtrough (seeing that harem is planned I thought that the player could visit all the places and decide which paths to follow) but in general the game has potential and is well presented, if some kinks are going to be avoidable I don't think there will be much problem in general . (Regarding the situation that you commented on ntr and blackmail, it is your story, your game and you can do whatever you want, but imho don't implement it with the family or some main LI, that can generate a shitstorm hahaha)

Good luck dev
Dev already told it wont be with family. You can play this freely without worrying.

Reactions: Chimba

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
Looks good so far, glad the moms actually look like like a mom & not a playboy playmate. Also curious to see what his teachers are going to look like. hey dev think you can show us a few prewiew pics of the teachers at uni?

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Looks good so far, glad the moms actually look like like a mom & not a playboy playmate. Also curious to see what his teachers are going to look like. hey dev think you can show us a few prewiew pics of the teachers at uni?
Depending on your choices you might have already met two of them ;)

Reactions: Yukemoto

bludmarine

Jul 5, 2020
I agree with this. As of now I have two saves going, one right before you pick your classes and the other at the end of current content. Giving us a preview would let me know if there are any characters I want to avoid.

As an aside, I like new character's names appearing as unknown until after you go through introductions.

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Hey, I played it complete, the LI models are fine, and it shows there is a lot of work on the mechanics of the cell phone and the walktrough is very well implemented, the only thing that seemed strange to me is that we can only visit 1 place after going to the college, a lot of content is lost in 1 single playtrough (seeing that harem is planned I thought that the player could visit all the places and decide which paths to follow) but in general the game has potential and is well presented, if some kinks are going to be avoidable I don't think there will be much problem in general . (Regarding the situation that you commented on ntr and blackmail, it is your story, your game and you can do whatever you want, but imho don't implement it with the family or some main LI, that can generate a shitstorm hahaha)

Good luck dev
The problem with playing the three locations is that you'd meet Kimberley in two of them.

Also, by not going shopping there are consequences with mom. If you don't maintain the relationship with vanilla mom you will have problems bringing girls back to your bedroom. Or for Victoria, it will be the usual affinity/persona consequences.

One option I did consider, and could still change is to give you an option between Cooper's house or Gym. If you choose Gym then you go shopping after. If you choose Cooper's house you'd have an option to leave halfway and go shopping or stay and meet Kimberley.
That way you get to play more content and there's no real change to the overall story.

As for teacher previews. There are still two playable days before college starts where you'll meet more characters. You might flirt with someone and find out she's your new teacher ;)

bludmarine

Jul 5, 2020
One option I did consider, and could still change is to give you an option between Cooper's house or Gym. If you choose Gym then you go shopping after. If you choose Cooper's house you'd have an option to leave halfway and go shopping or stay and meet Kimberley.
That way you get to play more content and there's no real change to the overall story.
I would definitely recommend implementing this.

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
I really enjoyed this and it has plenty of potential. The array of detail take it to a different level. The renders are going be an area of contention but I'm absolutely fine with it.

Over to you Developer. Looking forward to the next update. You are going to get find an audience for sure.

Yroi

Nov 6, 2020
How am I supposed to help someone else lose their virginity when I haven't myself at the age of 20, game too hard, I give up,

• Angry
Reactions: zerozip0

JohnGlenn

Aug 18, 2017
Rather than go down the route of the land lady I opted for a different strategy. The aim is to make the story work with and without the patch.
Without the patch you live with your mom, who you can’t bone. Victoria and Catherine are your neighbors.
With the patch you move next door. This makes Victoria the mom and Catherine the sister.
Does that mean that Victoria is a LI when playing with the patch?

indyfordfan

May 13, 2018
Excellent start to the game. It is much more realistic than 99 percent of the games on here. Please keep it that way, LOL. I love that it isn't all "Supermodels" on here, and it shows that normal looking people can be on a game. I love that Catherine said her boobs are bigger after having kids. Thank you for the great start!
[/QUOTE]

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I think Powers that Be took a situation where a partner cheated on you in the past and although revisiting the content is painful to both the player and the MC, it can be a healthy push and pull.

It's not a matter of MC being a saint that takes no blame. If you so choose, you can be an asshole, but if you are compassion you get a bittersweet back and forth of a person (MC) who neglected his family, and a wife who cheated on him (MULTIPLE TIMES on MULTIPLE chances). It's bitter sweet because MC made mistakes based on love, Wife made mistakes based on selfishness. It really makes you feel how two people could have found themselves in that situation.

I don't think this game has this idea of En Tee Argh. But in the example above, MC was able to become a better person that is respected by all his family including the cheating wife. The more likely scenario in this is that it's an interesting plot point that breaks from a monotonous MC = Winner. Winner take all. I think the fact that the girls involved aren't family makes this game playable to me. I'm still wary of such content, but hopefully it's done well when it comes around to justify it.

Reactions: clowns234

Spin256

Mothers and Daughters
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Ok ... pls add sandbox tag (bc we have no freeroam tag). I DLed the game and the first thing is a tutorial about stats, smartphone setting, image cropping and some other POINTLESS stuff for a game.

And I found a game stopping bug when you visit cooper's house:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1485, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.context().call(label, return_site=self.next.name)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Mothers and Daughters 0.1.0i
Sun Nov 14 15:01:03 2021
Not much content - sure you have 3 different locations to pick, but 1 broken too.

Most girls look quite strange and/or ugly, but hey ... matter of taste I guess.

Not the worst, but maybe first care about game breaking bugs before you spend time on picture cropping for your smartphone background.

Edit: Oh on the NTR stuff - as far as I understand it, I really like that approach. It is used as a "punishment" (or bc you dont care about the LI) and that sounds great. I said it several times, I do like it in games when you are not the target of all the cruise missile pussies in the game and when you can indeed fuck up with some depending on your choices.
I hate free roam, but maybe just to see how that will be implemented I might keep an eye on this.
i got the same error what to do?
Yup , me too.
Same error.
Hope dev fixes it.
A new patch fixes the issue. The Mega link on the OP has the new link and I've asked for the other mirrors to be updated.

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
Hey Dev,

Have you considered a toggle or option at the beginning of the game or on the options menu to turn the NTR/Sharing elements off?

I respect that your being upfront about what you intend (that's already 10 X better than many Dev's on F95), and I can understand the desire to have these elements for a story, but the reality is that only having them avoidable by action (as it seems to be) is going to keep many players away.

Whatever you choose, best of luck.

3.50 star(s) 35 Votes