4.20 star(s) 34 Votes

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
This game took shots at pretty much everyone from LGBTQ+ stawmen, to people worried about getting coronavirus, to black people having sensitivity to racism and fearing being shot, to twitter mobs against apparent/supposed rapists and a person who went to stand around at a protest with guns and got attacked for it, to "ze/zir" and "west softies," and it was the lines about white people that got you?
Idk I just thought the developer was lecturing us about it all tbh lol.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
So now that we're done with the fake harem stuff, we're onto virtue signaling and wokeism? Despite cracking jokes about basically everything and everyone? Uh huh.

If someone wants to reach out with questions or anything else, my DMs are open. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread, but I won't be responding much anymore.

Calz

Mar 12, 2022
So now that we're done with the fake harem stuff, we're onto virtue signaling and wokeism? Despite cracking jokes about basically everything and everyone? Uh huh.

If someone wants to reach out with questions or anything else, my DMs are open. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread, but I won't be responding much anymore.
Please don't take offence, I honestly just thought some of the white jokes were actually intentional and you were hating on white people because I failed to see that you were actually making fun of people constantly criticising white people. At the end of the day I'm the idiot and I apologize.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Please don't take offence, I honestly just thought some of the white jokes were actually intentional and you were hating on white people because I failed to see that you were actually making fun of people constantly criticising white people. At the end of the day I'm the idiot and I apologize.
None taken. I understand that everybody receives humor (especially written) differently. What doesn't land for someone will land for someone else. And for more edgy jokes, they can come off as more offensive/intentional than they intend to. I tried to spread it out a bit, but maybe went a little harder than I should've at some points, especially knowing how divisive a lot of this stuff still is.

Not to overshare, but I basically grew up in an Inglewood equivalent until I was teenager. Lots of ribbing, race jokes, your mom jokes, etc. The usual mid-90's/early-00's humor when stuff wasn't quite as polarizing as it is now. Kind of went with what I know as 'the white kid' in what many would consider a 'ghetto' area and transferred it into the story. Different time, different places, and different environments.

But don't call yourself an idiot. It is what it is, as I said above, it's not always going to land clearly for some. The written medium is kind of a bitch in that way. Again, I probably did go a bit overboard. Will try to scale it back.

Sep 3, 2020
yes brother in my opinion the dev doesn't have to ignore the thread

it was just an honest misunderstanding and we all talked about it and resolved it

I hope he doesn't avoid answering questions on here anymore

because these things happen in game development people will argue and have misunderstanding

but as long as we can talk about it and then come to an understanding it's all okay but it's up to the dev

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Very very RARE but there was one just drafted this year.

Last one was 20 years ago with the NY Giants Jason Sehorn.
I believe Troy Apke was drafted, though he didn't have as much success as Sehorn. Not sure if he's even on a roster at this point.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
I believe Troy Apke was drafted, though he didn't have as much success as Sehorn. Not sure if he's even on a roster at this point.
for all then non "football people" outhere it would be nice to add some text/faq what is what
i had to search the term "NIL" - and you know how searchengines are ...
at the beginning of the game there are a lot of terms that - atleast i - not understand
and if this game is a lot about this sport .. well..

great renders and animations
text needs additional proofread

thanks for sharing it with us MissFortune

Sep 3, 2020
None taken. I understand that everybody receives humor (especially written) differently. What doesn't land for someone will land for someone else. And for more edgy jokes, they can come off as more offensive/intentional than they intend to. I tried to spread it out a bit, but maybe went a little harder than I should've at some points, especially knowing how divisive a lot of this stuff still is.

Not to overshare, but I basically grew up in an Inglewood equivalent until I was teenager. Lots of ribbing, race jokes, your mom jokes, etc. The usual mid-90's/early-00's humor when stuff wasn't quite as polarizing as it is now. Kind of went with what I know as 'the white kid' in what many would consider a 'ghetto' area and transferred it into the story. Different time, different places, and different environments.

But don't call yourself an idiot. It is what it is, as I said above, it's not always going to land clearly for some. The written medium is kind of a bitch in that way. Again, I probably did go a bit overboard. Will try to scale it back.
speaking as someone with a reading disability who gets things wrong all the time it ok

I actually love, jokes, I hope you don't scale it back.
:)

honkyfifteen

Jan 14, 2020
Great start to the game. A few things to critique

- The half face MC. i am happy you are changing that.
- Some of the dialogues seem too long. For some scenes i lost focus as there was too much to read in a single dialogue :D. Maybe separate them out
- Based on your previous comments, i am assuming Yuna is like a forced girlfriend for now? I dont really enjoy that, so i hope you soon give an option to reject her.

Overall pretty good start. Tho i am not really familiar with American football, so somethings were confusing for me when they use technical jargon :D...

Reactions: MissFortune

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
for all then non "football people" outhere it would be nice to add some text/faq what is what
i had to search the term "NIL" - and you know how searchengines are ...
at the beginning of the game there are a lot of terms that - atleast i - not understand
and if this game is a lot about this sport .. well..

great renders and animations
text needs additional proofread

thanks for sharing it with us MissFortune
Was definitely thinking about that heading into the next version. Just trying to figure out how to implement it in a way that doesn't get in the way. Was thinking something like a Glossary, something in the style of what Philly did with CoBD.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
Was definitely thinking about that heading into the next version. Just trying to figure out how to implement it in a way that doesn't get in the way. Was thinking something like a Glossary, something in the style of what Philly did with CoBD.
that would do it , yeah :)

Reactions: MissFortune

MickeyMantle

Jun 28, 2023
Oh for crying out loud, why not finish WWJK at least before starting another AVN? Another BurstOut in the making it seems (that I unsubbed from long ago, not in the habit of supporting half a dozen AVNs I didn't originally sub to).

Aqua888

Jan 10, 2023

Like I asked this question already you didn't reply,so again I'm requesting/asking could you please consider adding Laura as a love interest

4.20 star(s) 34 Votes