Burg

Jul 22, 2017
so whats going on with the game? i click the last save i have and it finishes the scene then goes to the end doesnt matter what save i hit am i doing anything wrong? thanks
Could be anything, but my guess is that either have to do a clean extract of the game in a different folder than you're currently using. That should sort out issues with a bad extract/copy of the game or any issues that any mods might cause.

Without knowing what version of the game, what OS you're running, or having access to the save, I can only guess.

Max Headroom

pauper commilito CtSH
Sep 27, 2017
Could be anything, but my guess is that either have to do a clean extract of the game in a different folder than you're currently using. That should sort out issues with a bad extract/copy of the game or any issues that any mods might cause.

Without knowing what version of the game, what OS you're running, or having access to the save, I can only guess.
See OP, Changelog 9.2 (Spoiler) and somewhere in the last pages is a picture which shows the points to click.

Reactions: Burg

Thesar

Feb 8, 2021
The public Version of Ep. 8 doesnt work. I start with my Save file from 7 and after the first Animation the game told me u cant play this Version. What do i wrong?

PSG1

Sep 10, 2017
The public Version of Ep. 8 doesnt work. I start with my Save file from 7 and after the first Animation the game told me u cant play this Version. What do i wrong?
I think that you may try to repair this problem by clean up all your saves, from game and from C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\My best friends daughter , then download latest save and persistent file from post on patreon where you downloades public release of the game and it will probably work.

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
You shouldn't have to start over. Go to Patreon and find the public release of ep 8.6. It has instructions on what to do. You have to use the end of ep 7save game and either delete the persistent file in MBFD game/saves folder and the c:/user/appdata/roaming/renpy/mybestfriendsdaughter folder or replace the persistent file with the ep 7 persistent file. The ep 7 persistent file will unlock all galleries from ep 2-ep 7 while leaving ep 8 gallery locked so you can use the gallery/hint system.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Most dev's make a game for money and just like a store owner puts a lock on the doors to his store devs try to keep out those who are not buyers.
But this is a pirate site and we try to share items with others on this site. If a dev knows his work is on F95 then it's being pirated. However this dev does make the game available after the paying costumers get the release first.
The problem comes in when it's a good game and then waiting the extra time can be maddening.
I understand your point :) ... but .. whether you play a leaked version or public version your waiting time will be exactly the same - in worse case you'll wait 2 months :)

• Angry
Reactions: filochard

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I think that you may try to repair this problem by clean up all your saves, from game and from C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\My best friends daughter , then download latest save and persistent file from post on patreon where you downloades public release of the game and it will probably work.
Please try again - I made and update last night. If your save file was not at the end of the day you could run into the unlock function.

taru

Apr 23, 2018
Unfortunately there is not. Would be nice though. In ep1 Julia is just still too shy and not horny enough to do something like that.
Edit:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
well thanks for letting me know although the dev should try to fix that cause giving two answers to choose from but one you cant pick kinda sucks and isnt needed. so thanks mate.

• Angry
Reactions: Max Headroom

Thesar

Feb 8, 2021
You shouldn't have to start over. Go to Patreon and find the public release of ep 8.6. It has instructions on what to do. You have to use the end of ep 7save game and either delete the persistent file in MBFD game/saves folder and the c:/user/appdata/roaming/renpy/mybestfriendsdaughter folder or replace the persistent file with the ep 7 persistent file. The ep 7 persistent file will unlock all galleries from ep 2-ep 7 while leaving ep 8 gallery locked so you can use the gallery/hint system.
So I do everything you said, i delete the persistent file and Savegames from both Folders. Than i copied the Ep 7 Savegame file and the new persistent file in both Folder. Nothing happend. I started from beginning but at the End of Ep 5 is finish. So i have unlocked all Gallerys also Ep 8.

Thesar

Feb 8, 2021
So now i started ep 8, but same like 2 days ago after the first Animation comes u cant play this Version....

ut1stgear1

May 2, 2020
So now i started ep 8, but same like 2 days ago after the first Animation comes u cant play this Version....
Not sure what to tell you. This is what I did. Copied the end ep 7 save and the ep 7 persistent to my appdata/renpy/mybestfriends folder. It worked fine for me. The reason I used the ep 7 persistent file was so the ep 8 gallery would not be unlocked but all the others would be unlocked. Just to be sure, did you download v 8.61 from Celaviegroup patreon site? If you are playing the leaked version from here on F95 it won't work.

Thesar

Feb 8, 2021
I download the version from this site and this is 8.6

Last edited:
2.50 star(s) 93 Votes