Mikas60

Jul 20, 2017
I'm also stuck at the end of Episode 7. I have 54/54, I also tried to follow the tutorial but nothing changed.

Does anyone have a save file at the very end of Episode 7 or the very start of 8?

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
I'm also stuck at the end of Episode 7. I have 54/54, I also tried to follow the tutorial but nothing changed.

Does anyone have a save file at the very end of Episode 7 or the very start of 8?
There is a: "skip to next episode" feature in the game. Click on the lower left icon. You might try the help gallery first tho.

Ragnarprime

May 28, 2019
Yeah those stuck in episodes 7-9 they are working on it, latest update messed up some code on those events. (mostly the first few breakfast events that make it impossible to progress)

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Yeah those stuck in episodes 7-9 they are working on it, latest update messed up some code on those events. (mostly the first few breakfast events that make it impossible to progress)

DumDumDougan

Jun 9, 2018
I have to admit I'm stumped again.

I can't get Anna to show me her dancing in chapter 9. After clicking her icon in the top left corner to get her interaction, the "Yes" button never becomes clickable even tho I'm pretty sure I tried every possible action available.

She's is also not available in any other situations from that point on, if I haven't missed anything.
She only appears on the boardwalk, practicing dancing and not allowing me to see.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018

I can't get Anna to show me her dancing in chapter 9. After clicking her icon in the top left corner to get her interaction, the "Yes" button never becomes clickable even tho I'm pretty sure I tried every possible action available.

She's is also not available in any other situations from that point on, if I haven't missed anything.
She only appears on the boardwalk, practicing dancing and not allowing me to see.
send me your save file

maxorka

Jul 21, 2021

I confirm. I have exactly the same problem

BananaDragon

Jan 11, 2020
I don't think I've ever spent as long troubleshooting the core progression of this game as I have any other game ever. There's literally multiple soft locks from Episode 5 onwards that prevent progression unless you nuke all your saves and start from the beginning of the entire game. There's also no documentation anywhere on how to fix any of these issues.

It's almost impressive how someone managed to fuck up coding in RenPy this badly.

Reactions: yourmomma

DumDumDougan

Jun 9, 2018
I don't think I've ever spent as long troubleshooting the core progression of this game as I have any other game ever. There's literally multiple soft locks from Episode 5 onwards that prevent progression unless you nuke all your saves and start from the beginning of the entire game. There's also no documentation anywhere on how to fix any of these issues.

It's almost impressive how someone managed to fuck up coding in RenPy this badly.
Programming is not easy
Just saying

BananaDragon

Jan 11, 2020
Programming is not easy
Just saying
And I sympathize - but when your literal job is to code (what is essentially) a PowerPoint show with one of the most accessible VN makers available, there is no excuse for the game to work so poorly. Like, the current version of Episode 7 literally has a soft lock in the first 10 minutes of it the end user cannot rectify individually.

Cool game and all and I don't mean to shit on the developer too much, but come the fuck on. Do better.

maxorka

Jul 21, 2021
Please download from my Patreon site or play episode 9 with 9.31. You can find it on my Patreon site too.
Thank you, it helped. But honestly, reaching 10 episodes over the past couple of days I'm tired of downloading different versions of the game to go further along the plot and avoid bugs. But the game itself very hooked. Perhaps from the following month I will support you a little on Patreone for 11 epiosis. Thanks.

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
And I sympathize - but when your literal job is to code (what is essentially) a PowerPoint show with one of the most accessible VN makers available, there is no excuse for the game to work so poorly. Like, the current version of Episode 7 literally has a soft lock in the first 10 minutes of it the end user cannot rectify individually.

Cool game and all and I don't mean to shit on the developer too much, but come the fuck on. Do better.
"don't mean to shit on the developer too much" but then "no excuse for the game to work so poorly" and "It's almost impressive how someone managed to fuck up coding in RenPy this badly.".
Make up your mind because you are saying one thing and doing another.

I haven't seen the code, nor do I care to, but if you like the game and want to get your message across to the dev, don't go calling the technical skill of the dev complete and utter crap. He is the guy responsible for the technical side of the game after all. Whether it's true or not, don't be dick about it.

Reactions: Rolo
2.50 star(s) 93 Votes