• Lily

• Freya

• Klara

• Naomi

• Moon

Results are only viewable after voting.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Love this avn but the newest chapter kinda showcased my problems with most harem setups.

There’s just no way to make this shit believable lmao and it’s even worse when the MC is supposedly such a good guy.

It works for me in avns like desert stalker or probably will work in sicae too as the sicae-mc is a badass and somewhat of an asshole. And the whole assassin clan stuff can support it too.

In Sicae the girls can be drawn to him due to his status/power/strength or whatever

But in My Bully is my lover the girls only like the Mc because he‘s such a good-hearted guy just that he really isn’t when he’s in secret relationships which multiple girls at the same time who all know each other lol

It worked well for Gwen, Moon too but for everyone else it’s hard to make believeavle.

Maybe an earlier introduction of the harem would have been helpful

And somehow nobody was angry with the mc with the good old harem trope of the sweet mc who just isn’t able to not care (aka fuck them stupid) about these poor, lonely models lmao

Sorry for the little rant, it isn’t really about mbml and more about my gripes with most harems in general, eternum for example will face this problem in a even worse way (or cheaply skip it like oialt).

It’s just very hard to create a good story which involves a good setup for a harem subplot

the avn is still amazing

Ford Mustang

Jul 12, 2023
Love this avn but the newest chapter kinda showcased my problems with most harem setups.

There’s just no way to make this shit believable lmao and it’s even worse when the MC is supposedly such a good guy.

It works for me in avns like desert stalker or probably will work in sicae too as the sicae-mc is a badass and somewhat of an asshole. And the whole assassin clan stuff can support it too.

In Sicae the girls can be drawn to him due to his status/power/strength or whatever

But in My Bully is my lover the girls only like the Mc because he‘s such a good-hearted guy just that he really isn’t when he’s in secret relationships which multiple girls at the same time who all know each other lol

It worked well for Gwen, Moon too but for everyone else it’s hard to make believeavle.

And somehow nobody was angry with the mc with the good old harem trope of the sweet mc who just isn’t able to not care (aka fuck them stupid) about these poor, lonely models lmao

Sorry for the little rant, it isn’t really about mbml and more about my gripes with most harems in general, eternum for example will face this problem in a even worse way (or cheaply skip it like oialt).

It’s just very hard to create a good story which involves a good setup for a harem subplot

the avn is still amazing
It's still a fantasy game so I never take it serious in the first place.As for Eternum, it's obvious Dev will skip the development of harem like nothing happen.

Last edited:

Porthas

Feb 26, 2021

the avn is still amazing
I don't think it's hard. I think most games don't bother or can't because they're not smart enough.
It's easy peasy though. Here's just a few examples.
Women who don't mind sharing, state so repeatedly, they can "not mind" sharing for a variety of reasons - they want a low-maintenance relationship, they get off on watching, etc.
Women who've come out of really bad relationships, MC is really close childhood friend, he saves them.
Women who were former slaves, MC rescues them and they feel gratitude/indebted.
Women who are in a setting to accept multiple wives because man is in leadership/power position - need heirs can set women and their kids up with status and wealth.

Just a few examples, men like all of the above. It's not hard.

Devs/writers - you can't go wrong with a strong, masculine hero / anti-hero MC who saves the day and saves the women. Men like this stuff - most of us do.

Weak, mommies-boy MC's can't really pull off a harem, nor can the skittish little Japanese MC's who are afraid of women, are intimidated by women (and everyone else) - they can't pull it off either. They're also not funny.

Free advice, guaranteed to work for a large audience. Don't believe me? Hollywood did it to great success.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018

the avn is still amazing
I kinda like how it's handled here. Sure, "let's make a competition out of it" seems a bit silly under the RL-microscope but that theme is actually supported with character development (just look at Aine for example, I like her development in this harem setting it's just fun and heartwarming to read). Harem genre will always have the believability problem as long as you've grown up in a monogamous society - there's just no way we can rationalize it properly in our minds because it's just so out there - which is also why it's such a popular genre.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: P3zz0

Kugatsu500

Feb 20, 2018

the avn is still amazing
Honestly, the problem comes from the idea of believability. Harems, specially anime/manga or anime/manga based harems are meant to be wish fulfillment, that is also why they are usually (though not always) attached to Isekai or other OP MC settings. They are not meant to be realistic representations of how a harem or even how relationships, for that matter, would, or should work in real life. They are fantasies and wish fulfillment. Even in polyamorous relationships, I don't think you would be able to find a harem type of thing, because unless you are a rich man from a specific culture, or from 1000 years ago, a harem by itself is already pretty unrealistic. I wouldn't say it is impossible to find one, because I don't know every single relationship setting in the world, but I'm confident even if there is one out there, it is pretty rare.

About people falling in love with MC it is just a thing about taste. For every woman out there who will love a guy like Sicae MC, who is a badass powerful assassin, there is a woman who will love a kind hearted common dude. Also, according to Jess, Sicae MC is suposed to be kind hearted as well, just a bit more edgy. She even says that MBML MC reminds her of him iirc. Also, MC has some layers to him as well, he took charge when it came to confront Hera and Moon said he displayed bloodlust when talking about finding his father. In his conversation with Jess in the latest chapter, he seemed to be quite resourceful as well, it even caught Claire's attention (I wish she would be one of the LIs honestly).

And about people not getting mad about the harem. Sky got her heart broken and it took a while for her to even speak to MC and get on board with everything, Aine was pissed when Freya came into it and Emma wasn't very keen on the idea either, but eventually they decided they loved MC enough to come around and acclimate to the whole thing. It is a harem, for it to work as a harem, all girls have to be ok with it. If every single girl got pissed with the idea and refused, wouldn't be a harem and if they just got pissed and you had to spend a bunch of time trying to convince them, it would make for a bunch of unecessary drama that would drag the game around. If you like this type of drama, more power to you, to each their own, but honestly, when I play a harem game or read a harem manga, I just want the girls to get along and everyone to be happy.

All this things are even more true on a hentai VN, if you got a bunch of drama trying to build the harem, it would take away from all the +18 action and then it would be pointless to make it an adult game.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
About people falling in love with MC it is just a thing about taste. For every woman out there who will love a guy like Sicae MC, who is a badass powerful assassin, there is a woman who will love a kind hearted common dude. Also, according to Jess, Sicae MC is suposed to be kind hearted as well, just a bit more edgy. She even says that MBML MC reminds her of him iirc. Also, MC has some layers to him as well, he took charge when it came to confront Hera and Moon said he displayed bloodlust when talking about finding his father. In his conversation with Jess in the latest chapter, he seemed to be quite resourceful as well, it even caught Claire's attention (I wish she would be one of the LIs honestly).
You got me wrong, i didnt said its unlikely for girls to fall in love with a kind hearted and careing guy. It happens all the time in reality. But it kinda falls flat when he's cheating behind the girls backs all the time and if he isnt really kind-hearted whats there to fall in love with him so far? Esp as its like 8 or 9 girls so far.

The point it tried to make about the sicae mc (and the sicae-setting) was about it being more reasonable considering his character and his position/status/abilitys and he isnt potrayed is this lovey-dovey guy who loses his heart left and right, instead he activevly keeps the li's away from him at first.

And yeah i think we will see a progression with our mc too and seeing it already (but the girls were already in love with him at this point) and i like the mc being not the standart-kind of mc but it doesnt really fit together at this point imo.

I agree completly about Claire but she has a different view on most things anyway lmao, she for sure doesnt need a "strong/hyper-masculine" guy, shes probably stronger than all guys on the planet anyway lmao.

And about people not getting mad about the harem. Sky got her heart broken and it took a while for her to even speak to MC and get on board with everything, Aine was pissed when Freya came into it and Emma wasn't very keen on the idea either, but eventually they decided they loved MC enough to come around and acclimate to the whole thing. It is a harem, for it to work as a harem, all girls have to be ok with it. If every single girl got pissed with the idea and refused, wouldn't be a harem and if they just got pissed and you had to spend a bunch of time trying to convince them, it would make for a bunch of unecessary drama that would drag the game around. If you like this type of drama, more power to you, to each their own, but honestly, when I play a harem game or read a harem manga, I just want the girls to get along and everyone to be happy.

All this things are even more true on a hentai VN, if you got a bunch of drama trying to build the harem, it would take away from all the +18 action and then it would be pointless to make it an adult game.
I agree with sky and should have included her with gwen and moon where it mostly worked out. Its mostly Aine's and Freya's reaction which seemed to be not reasonable at all to me. Being caught fucking your fiances sister and nobody cares is just weird for me lmao, Emma was very questionable imo too already.

Im not looking for the drama, it would have been worked out better having the talk without being caught fucking your fiances sister minutes earlier already but i guess i would have wished for a different setup. I think there would have been possibilitys to get everyone on board with gwen's help in more believeable way. Maybe ..

But on the other hand im not looking for a nonstop competition between the harem-girls for the mc's attention either, it sounds really annoying and unnerving lmao (i dont think it will be like that in the avn but the idea in general). I would really prefer a harem with harmony between the girls.

And i dont really get your reasoning. Your saying its a harem game and therefore all girls have to be okay with it no matter the setup .. yeah no .. my point is getting there in a way which is reasonable.

And just to clarify again: Its not that big of a deal, just a minor gripe for me. The avn is still a 5/5 imo and i dont mind the MC and even like him for being different to usual mc's.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
I don't think it's hard. I think most games don't bother or can't because they're not smart enough.
It's easy peasy though. Here's just a few examples.
Women who don't mind sharing, state so repeatedly, they can "not mind" sharing for a variety of reasons - they want a low-maintenance relationship, they get off on watching, etc.
Women who've come out of really bad relationships, MC is really close childhood friend, he saves them.
Women who were former slaves, MC rescues them and they feel gratitude/indebted.
Women who are in a setting to accept multiple wives because man is in leadership/power position - need heirs can set women and their kids up with status and wealth.

Just a few examples, men like all of the above. It's not hard.

Devs/writers - you can't go wrong with a strong, masculine hero / anti-hero MC who saves the day and saves the women. Men like this stuff - most of us do.

Weak, mommies-boy MC's can't really pull off a harem, nor can the skittish little Japanese MC's who are afraid of women, are intimidated by women (and everyone else) - they can't pull it off either. They're also not funny.

Free advice, guaranteed to work for a large audience. Don't believe me? Hollywood did it to great success.
There are ways (as i tried to point out with the sicae or desert stalker examples) but imo it isnt as easy for every setting like youre makeing it out to be.

The woman who like to share angle can work but it becomes less and less likely when its like 9 or 10 women at the same time who somehow all like it. It kinda requires one main-wife/gf who allows the others to "participate" in the harem which for example wouldnt work in my bully is my lover.

Woman who came out of a bad relationship or were former slaves kinda face the same (avn-)problem about a huge crowd of the audience looking for pure/virigin/untouched girls or girls who never ever had any attraction for any guy alive but the mc. Which is kinda dumb but imo a reality.

I can promise you if aine, gwen, emma or skye had a bf in the meantime their popularity would go down reaaaalllyy fast.

Your last example is a setup which works but not every avn can be a setup like that, there are always rags to riches storys too or whatever. And in case of my bully is my lover its kinda impossible to wait for him to reach "power" to establish the harem as the game will be close to over at this point.

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Now I wonder if the plan to use Shu back then to drive Francis away had involved this outfit instead, and maybe a night date at some fancy-shmancy joint. The guy would've lost his mind
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.20 star(s) 142 Votes