• Klara

• Naomi

• Moon

Results are only viewable after voting.

NiiChan

Donor
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2020
Though the discussion of Episode V brings up a question: where are these events set?

One of the reviews questioned the use of Japanese honorifics with Emma, and then had some nonsense about cultural appropriation. And from that last phrase it's probably obvious that "cultural appropriation" doesn't bother me in the least, but it did strike me as a little odd, given that none of the characters look Japanese (I don't think Moon had even been introduced at the time).

But during Episode V, we encounter "Miss Security" a bit. And she has a patch on the left shoulder or sleeve of her uniform that says "Tokyo" (edit: though as I think about it, it says that in Roman characters, not Japanese). So are we set in Tokyo?
The game follows many Japanese tropes and cultural elements, but it has its own universe setting.

VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
I feel like shit...

Sky caught me having sex with Gwen and was sad. :cry: SORRY, HEAVEN!!! IT'S MY DICK'S FAULT!!! I'M MAKING LOVE WITH SOMEONE ELSE... BUT MY HEART WILL BE YOURS FOREVER!!! (and the other girls too...) PLEASE!!! BELIEVE ME!!!
d451dc73d9221094f942f9430640d7c7.jpg

Last edited:

Penis Lord

Apr 11, 2019

VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
I just finished Hera's flashback. Nothing justifies Hera's idiotic actions, but her story is tragic.

This shows how cruel this universe that NiiChan created is, Hera had a good character and a lot of willpower to help others, so much so that that was why Emma's mother dedicated her entire life to her, after her husband and son died at the hands of the man she loved, she changes her personality. I think that, in a structural way, Hera is just another victim and part of the system of mafia families and murderous clans, dehumanizing, reducing people to a means to an end, meaningless, incapable of functioning as human beings, as happened with Emma.

The theme of "love and hate", which she soon took for granted in her dialogue with MC, was simply the best way to deal with her pain, was to punish the people "responsible" for her sadness, because it no longer had meaning in her life beyond that.
Something particular had changed, much more than sadness over the death of her husband, and I like the message of this game (intentional or not) that trauma can make you suffer deeply, or be a great force for change.

Maybe I'm just making a pointless analysis, but I still wanted to share this.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Hard choice:

Which path should I follow? Harem Route or Emma Route?
There's nothing wrong with that. Emma solo is a different story, go through Emma route first, but save the moment of choice just in case... keep playing Emma solo until the end and you will understand what this one is, but my advice to you is to prepare some napkins....:coffee::whistle:

after Emma solo then you can play the harem route.

VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
There's nothing wrong with that. Emma solo is a different story, go through Emma route first, but save the moment of choice just in case... keep playing Emma solo until the end and you will understand what this one is, but my advice to you is to prepare some napkins....:coffee::whistle:

I already made my choice, which was the harem route because I think it makes more sense for the story, and I finally finished the prologue; When I finally get to the end of the game, I'll take the Emma route.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

Exactly how I did it ... Even if Emma isn't your favorite (she is mine) it's worth taking the side trip.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Exactly how I did it ... Even if Emma isn't your favorite (she is mine) it's worth taking the side trip.
It's been six-months since I played MBIML, and today I downloaded and played from the very beginning to feel that emotion, especially knowing that now the update is a little bigger than the previous ones... It will be very difficult, but i will have to go through it again :D

VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
It's been six-months since I played MBIML, and today I downloaded and played from the very beginning to feel that emotion, especially knowing that now the update is a little bigger than the previous ones... It will be very difficult, but i will have to go through it again :D
When I started playing this game, I was afraid that the prologue would be long and end up boring, and I saw a lot of comments about people giving up playing because of this. Now talking about MY experience with the game, I loved it. The game has anime tropes, but they didn't bother me. The characters are well written, even more so than I imagined they would be, for example Hera who had mentioned some comments above, I never expected a story as tragic as hers, Emma then... Wow...

Reactions: MAGO-DAG

Rem is the best

Jun 4, 2021
Just finished Emma backstory (just ep 5 not the solo ending) after a long time build up courage cause i heard it sad and damn i think Niichan must be love using our tears for drink
Now idk if i should continue for ep6 or not lol

Reactions: VinnneV

ArDZer

Feb 20, 2019
Just finished Emma backstory (just ep 5 not the solo ending) after a long time build up courage cause i heard it sad and damn i think Niichan must be love using our tears for drink
Now idk if i should continue for ep6 or not lol
And NiiChan is thinking to some extent in making a solo ending for Gwen, at least according to him sometime ago. I wonder what's he going to do in that one, if Emma's ending is taken into consideration. :unsure::unsure:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: VinnneV

VinnneV

Jul 20, 2023
And NiiChan is thinking to some extent in making a solo ending for Gwen, at least according to him sometime ago. I wonder what's he going to do in that one, if Emma's ending is taken into consideration. :unsure::unsure:
I can't imagine a solo ending for every character in the game, he could do that, but the point is that if we take into consideration the direction the story is taking, the harem route is what makes the most sense. Emma's solo ending "makes sense", because she is MC's childhood friend, they promised they would be together again, she has an entire chapter dedicated just to her...

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola
4.20 star(s) 142 Votes