Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
(I haven't played GH, but My Dorm has been compared to it, so I did some reading in its thread)
The funny thing is, your games aren't really THAT similar, but the similarities ... and the timing of their appearance (or at least announcements) was uncanny.

If you ever have time, give it a whirl. I think you'll be amused.

Reactions: Trope95

Vualen

Nov 5, 2018
Was it only me who noticed, that scenes from last versions didn't have any sex sounds or moans... For me it is quite big disadvantage comparing to previous versions...

omniquad

Jul 18, 2022
View attachment 2378955

Overview:
A man, Mark by default but can be changed, returns home after college to find that his father has fled to the Caribbean with his mistress, after years of embezzling money at his job, leaving his now ex-girlfriend at home without money.
The main character will have to help turn the family home into a college dorm while reconnecting with the people he left behind when he started college in another city.
The game will show how old relationships are renewed, as well as the creation of new ones, with our character deciding which women to start these relationships with.
The current story features 15 girls/women with whom there was a previous relationship; in the following chapters new women will be introduced, both previously known by the character, as well as new relationships to develop.

Yes, the MC looks older than his real age for reasons explained here

Future development plans are explained here

Thread Updated: 2023-04-28
Release Date: 2023-04-09
Developer: Tropecita Games - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.10A.1
Language: English, Spanish
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Mac: MEGA - PIXELDRAIN - -
Android: - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -
Android
(Pre-patched): - MEGA - PIXELDRAIN -

How to Update
Win/Linux: v.0.9A.1 -> v.0.9B.2
MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

Mac: v.0.9A.1 -> v.0.9B.2
MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

COMPRESSED
Win/Linux
:
MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

Patches:
Extras: FAN SIGS -
FANSIGS2 - FANSIGS3 - FANSIGS4 - MULTI MOD*
*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1783704 View attachment 1783712 View attachment 1783717 View attachment 1783718 View attachment 1783719 View attachment 1783720 View attachment 1783721 View attachment 1783728 View attachment 1783729 View attachment 1783730 View attachment 1783731 View attachment 1976052 View attachment 1976054 View attachment 2113622 View attachment 2113624
The archives on both Pixeldrain and GoFile are corrupted. Extraction error. Please fix.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Temperament: I guess you mean the girls' personalities. So every incest game should have the innocent sister, the bitchy sister, etc? Then we are replaying the same game once and again.
Pace: Have the same pace Dating my daughter and Grandma's House? Two successful games with diametrally different paces (in some cases). Shit! Even GH has different paces for different characters! In the same game! (I haven't played GH, but My Dorm has been compared to it, so I did some reading in its thread)
Quality of the plot: The quality of the plot is subjective. I think most writers (not my case) think their work is the best out there with surprising twists/wholesome scenes/great sex/whatever. I'm sure the most unsuccessful writer thinks his plot is better than the one in more known games.

I don't see anything wrong with genre standards. I also don't see anything wrong with breaking them.
There were two standards for sci-fi movies up until the 70s: Low budget movies or philosophical movies. Then one guy called George Lucas broke all those standards. I'm not an AVN George Lucas, but I'm not afraid of breaking standards, tropes, or clichés.
The trek between conformity and irreverence. I abhor conservatism simply because it smells of mothballs and old dust.

Try new things. Try them until it breaks, then go back a few steps and keep trying. There are NO limits, NO standards. This is a true Wild West. You know, the epitome of Freedom, of Bold action and Daring behavior.

Break the molds. Do whatever works for you.

"Incest Genre Standards" WTF??? A few games managed to cut above the rest, and guess what, when they did, they were Revolutionary, now someone wants to create a standard from it? The whole genre is subversive, the whole point of the genre is subversion. Is about burning barriers and going in a counter-culture direction. The idea of trying to limit your creation because you are not following someone's self-adopted standards is against the whole concept of the genre.

And to the standardizer, please stop. You are trying to harm this GREAT story, by imposing a non-existing standard of a genre that is the opposite of standardization. Also, please understand that your view isn't a global truth, it's JUST your view.

blow-mind-mind-blown.gif

Peace :(

ArxiDemon

Sep 27, 2017
Temperament: I guess you mean the girls' personalities. So every incest game should have the innocent sister, the bitchy sister, etc? Then we are replaying the same game once and again.
Pace: Have the same pace Dating my daughter and Grandma's House? Two successful games with diametrally different paces (in some cases). Shit! Even GH has different paces for different characters! In the same game! (I haven't played GH, but My Dorm has been compared to it, so I did some reading in its thread)
Quality of the plot: The quality of the plot is subjective. I think most writers (not my case) think their work is the best out there with surprising twists/wholesome scenes/great sex/whatever. I'm sure the most unsuccessful writer thinks his plot is better than the one in more known games.

I don't see anything wrong with genre standards. I also don't see anything wrong with breaking them.
There were two standards for sci-fi movies up until the 70s: Low budget movies or philosophical movies. Then one guy called George Lucas broke all those standards. I'm not an AVN George Lucas, but I'm not afraid of breaking standards, tropes, or clichés.
I wasn't going to force you to comply with the standards, it's impossible anyway. As far as the "bitchy/innocent sister" thing goes, that's again a cliché in my opinion. In our case it was about the appearance of the protagonist, about how he stands out against the background of many incest games (no, the character shouldn't look like Justin Bieber, but making him half-Conor McGregor is also weird).
As for how the author thinks, this is a rather slippery slope. In the world it is accepted that an objective criterion for evaluating the quality of a product is its popularity and sales. But we understand that this is not quite how it works, and that there is always a number of hidden gems. Oh, I missed the point when we went from sex games to George Lucas, but it's funny. Anyway, your patreon and ratings on F95 say that you've had some success. Your approach to making the game works. So good luck.

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
MC is a cheater. Let me say first I really like the game. But the MC is in several relationships by the end of this update, and he is not being honest about it to all the girls he is with. After all that talk to Erika, Scarlett and some of the other girls about how Jack was so wrong for cheating on Erika... and now he is doing the same shitty crap. Very disappointing.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
MC is a cheater. Let me say first I really like the game. But the MC is in several relationships by the end of this update, and he is not being honest about it to all the girls he is with. After all that talk to Erika, Scarlett and some of the other girls about how Jack was so wrong for cheating on Erika... and now he is doing the same shitty crap. Very disappointing.
Let's dig deeper...

Who is he cheating with? Who hasn't he been clear about his relationships?

Be specific if you can...

Peace :)

• Red Heart

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
Let's dig deeper...

Who is he cheating with? Who hasn't he been clear about his relationships?

Be specific if you can...

well in my game the MC has knocked up Emma, Erika, Norah, Eileen, Alexa and maybe some others I forget, but I am pretty sure he has not told everyone about everyone. Maybe I missed something, I did start skipping some text there at the end. So has the MC told every girl he is fucking about every other girl? I know Martha does not want him to tell anyone about their relationship. And I don't think he has told the girls he is fucking his aunt (erika saw them, but he didn't tell her).

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
well in my game the MC has knocked up Emma, Erika, Norah, Eileen, Alexa and maybe some others I forget, but I am pretty sure he has not told everyone about everyone. Maybe I missed something, I did start skipping some text there at the end. So has the MC told every girl he is fucking about every other girl? I know Martha does not want him to tell anyone about their relationship. And I don't think he has told the girls he is fucking his aunt (erika saw them, but he didn't tell her).
But he didn't hide that fact, that there may be other girls. They're aware of being in a poly-/harem-relationship. And not all of them are ready to reveal to the others, that they have a relationship with the MC.

• Red Heart

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
But he didn't hide that fact, that there may be other girls. They're aware of being in a poly-/harem-relationship. And not all of them are ready to reveal to the others, that they have a relationship with the MC.
well still feels like he is not being honest to me, but not like I am going to stop playing. Just my opinion. My favorite MC is from WVM... so secrets there they all live with him :)

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
The funny thing is, your games aren't really THAT similar, but the similarities ... and the timing of their appearance (or at least announcements) was uncanny.

If you ever have time, give it a whirl. I think you'll be amused.
I should test it, but I've been told it's long enough to delay My Dorm's development for some time, so I will wait until my company sends me on a work trip. :D

Was it only me who noticed, that scenes from last versions didn't have any sex sounds or moans... For me it is quite big disadvantage comparing to previous versions...
I didn't find moans that didn't sound like someone strangling a cat for Erika and Simone. Better muted than ridiculous. I continue searching, and when I find good moans for them I'll retcon their scenes.

I prob could have started soemthing, she did once tell me that she could fall in love with me (fall in love with my tongue and dick would probably be more accurate) during one of our pillow talks and I basically told her that wasn't a good idea (I had 0 interest in a relationship at the time). I just thought she was hot (she looked 10 years younger than she was) and she was dtf so we fucked a few times. Started just by mowing her lawn (no, not her pubes), but the other lawns in my weekly rounds were all 60-70yo+'s (nope, didn't fuck them too, not into gilfs). She was just one of those women that liked 'em young. Kinda wonder if she's still humping teens, she's in her 70's by now.
She could fall in love but she didn't. You told her it wasn't a good idea. When was the last time someone telling other people's hearts what was/wasn't a good idea did any difference?

The archives on both Pixeldrain and GoFile are corrupted. Extraction error. Please fix.
What version?

Who eats red velvet cake for breakfast? that's just fucking weird.
If I could convince my wife to fresh bake it, me! If I should bake it, surely it would be a red concrete cake.

I wasn't going to force you to comply with the standards, it's impossible anyway. As far as the "bitchy/innocent sister" thing goes, that's again a cliché in my opinion. In our case it was about the appearance of the protagonist, about how he stands out against the background of many incest games (no, the character shouldn't look like Justin Bieber, but making him half-Conor McGregor is also weird).
As for how the author thinks, this is a rather slippery slope. In the world it is accepted that an objective criterion for evaluating the quality of a product is its popularity and sales. But we understand that this is not quite how it works, and that there is always a number of hidden gems. Oh, I missed the point when we went from sex games to George Lucas, but it's funny. Anyway, your patreon and ratings on F95 say that you've had some success. Your approach to making the game works. So good luck.
As you say sales aren't a quality indicator. How many Rolls Royce are sold? How many SEAT Ibizas? Is Ibiza the best car?
It also applies to popularity. Is it better a Marvel movie or an obscure Truffaut movie? Don't answer. It's a subjective question.
We didn't go from sex games to George Lucas. We went from false standards to a standard breaker. I named him as an example.
Success? I don't measure my success through my earnings (they are bigger than expected, lower than desired). Not even by the number of monthly downloads (I never could have thought about getting more than 100.000 downloads). My greater success is having met a lot of players who enjoy the story we (the players and I) are building. People I laughed with, I have had interesting discusions, cultural clashes, and a lot of opinions exchange.
My success is that I'm a more complete person than I was 364 days ago (tomorrow My Dorm makes its first year)

Who is he cheating on?
Norah and Eileen greenlighted him to be with other girls.
Erika, Emma, Scarlett, Daphne, Simone, Martha, Megan, Maddie, and Alexia know he is (or can be) with other girls.
The only one who doesn't know is Samantha, but she already accepted sharing him (with Martha).

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
well still feels like he is not being honest to me, but not like I am going to stop playing. Just my opinion. My favorite MC is from WVM... so secrets there they all live with him :)
There are 2 sides to this secret. His side, and the girls side. He's clear about having OTHER girls, and he respects the will of those girls about secret relations.

In your view, unless he discloses to everyone with whom he is with, he's cheating? Does it really matter who he's with or that he is clear about them not being the only one? What they NEED to know, and what they may WANT to know are different things.

He's open and frontal about the fact that there are others. That's the important thing. The second part, the "Who", well, some of them, like Alexia, need to be very hush-hush, not for the other girls but for the possible consequences on Jack's imprisonment. Samantha, also doesn't want it spread, mostly to her family, but also the MC's family, she doesn't really care about the other girls, she already knows about Martha, suspects that there are more, and hasn't objected.

I am sorry, but I think you are projecting a rule that doesn't really apply here. The MC doesn't have a girlfriend, that wants him to "spread" his love. He's doing it by himself, being as respectful and clear has he can. He's been trying to open up, battling the girls reservations about being in a poly relationship that they don't mind to be in, but aren't sure of how it will be received by their families.

So, all this to say, that he isn't cheating, by not telling them who's in the Harem/poly, they ALL know they aren't in a monogamist relation, they have all accepted it. Therefore there's NO cheating, just a respectful obfuscation of details that he's working on fixing. He's not stepping behind anyone, they all know, it is their choice to accept it...

I am aware that this isn't the customary way of doing this, but, at least to me, it makes a LOT of sense so far. There's clearly respect and affection, isn't that the highest possible standard?

Trope95

Formerly 'TropecitaGames'
Game Developer
Apr 11, 2022
Emma knows since the after Truth and Dare scene. She doesn't want to go public.
Erika knows since the sauna scene. She wants to tell Norah, there hasn't been any opportunity yet.
Norah greenlighted him at the cafe. She doesn't want to go public.
Eileen introduced the harem idea to him. She doesn't care who knows, but won't put a billboard at Newport entrance.
Alexia knows since the training session and discovered the first girl in the threesome scene. She can't go public.

The girls' desires are the main reason the MC is not telling any other girl with who he is.

Are there any watersports content in the game yet, I see it has gotten an urination tag?
As of now the only thing there is is a scene of someone urinating in a pregnancy test.

Awesome , awesome , at last older MC character model!
No shotas in My Dorm. I promise :D

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The trek between conformity and irreverence. I abhor conservatism simply because it smells of mothballs and old dust.

Try new things. Try them until it breaks, then go back a few steps and keep trying. There are NO limits, NO standards. This is a true Wild West. You know, the epitome of Freedom, of Bold action and Daring behavior.

Break the molds. Do whatever works for you.

"Incest Genre Standards" WTF??? A few games managed to cut above the rest, and guess what, when they did, they were Revolutionary, now someone wants to create a standard from it? The whole genre is subversive, the whole point of the genre is subversion. Is about burning barriers and going in a counter-culture direction. The idea of trying to limit your creation because you are not following someone's self-adopted standards is against the whole concept of the genre.

And to the standardizer, please stop. You are trying to harm this GREAT story, by imposing a non-existing standard of a genre that is the opposite of standardization. Also, please understand that your view isn't a global truth, it's JUST your view.

View attachment 2578919

Peace :(
I uploaded a spelling and grammar fix and waiting for people to proof read.
Dunno what came over me to write such nonsense. :oops:
Heart wave.gif
Who eats red velvet cake for breakfast? that's just fucking weird.
People that have a Martha, that's who... and, sadly, they aren't fucking yet... Weird, I know.

Peace :D
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: *This message has been brought to you by "FARL" (Fappers Against Reaction Limits)*

4.00 star(s) 101 Votes