VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Model Daughter Remastered [v0.05] [WickedGames]

3.80 star(s) 19 Votes

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021
Glad this thread and game are getting a bit more attention, finally. This last update was spectacular! The render quality has noticeably improved, and the dialogue too. Loving the different path options you've laid out and look forward to trying all of them, including the Sick Sick Puppy route :devilish:

I still think you should post in other Daz 3d threads and create signatures so others who like your game can help advertise for you. For God's sake, at least request mods to give you a Game Developer tag, and add your game/Patreon links in your own signature line. You're developing a high quality game here, got to get the word out!

Btw I told you I would write a review after the next update if I liked it, and I'll keep my word. This game is underrated, and the low rating isn't helping
Thanks for review mate :)

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021
Master of Puppets
It's a nightmare with gtx 960 2gb. Before I worked with gtx 970 and that was challenge, but this is another level of difficulty.
I have to find balance in quality while being able to produce a large update like before.

The big challenge is memory management, scenes with low amount of light and interior scenes. Exterior scenes and scenes with a good amount of light should not be a big problem I hope. All in all I would wish to have a current generation card like 3060ti or something similar but who knows when that is going to happen in the current market.

Last edited:

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021
Also I am learning a lot, I am a novice with daz3d and rendering in general. But I have drive to learn and be better so my game, well games will get better and better with time.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Master of Puppets
It's a nightmare with gtx 960 2gb. Before I worked with gtx 970 and that was challenge, but this is another level of difficulty.
I have to find balance in quality while being able to produce a large update like before.

The big challenge is memory management, scenes with low amount of light and interior scenes. Exterior scenes and scenes with a good amount of light should not be a big problem I hope. All in all I would wish to have a current generation card like 3060ti or something similar but who knows when that is going to happen in the current market.
It shouldn't be a problem to do with hardware, increasing the light level doesn't make renders more expensive. I boosted the exposure and threw a colour grading over the top:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
IMO they look more like night despite being brighter.

Reactions: Phunfoteno

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021
It shouldn't be a problem to do with hardware, increasing the light level doesn't make renders more expensive. I boosted the exposure and threw a colour grading over the top:
IMO they look more like night despite being brighter.
But it is not night, it's sunrise. With story on the roof we looked at sunrise, it would be strange to get back in time. Even so your post processing looks better. Did you color corrected it in photoshop, add more blue and brightness ?

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
But it is not night, it's sunrise. With story on the roof we looked at sunrise, it would be strange to get back in time. Even so your post processing looks better. Did you color corrected it in photoshop, add more blue and brightness ?
Yes, though I used GIMP. There are lots of ways to alter the colours in an image, I used a LUT because it's very fast, though it gives less control than doing the colour grading manually does.
In the original you can see that the image is only using up part of the range of brightness. (Histogram at top right)
original.jpg
After the exposure filter it's using up the entire range, though expanding an 8-bit image like this introduces slight banding. This part would be best done during rendering before the data is reduced to 8-bit. I use Blender for rendering, not Daz, so I can't offer any advice there.
exposure.jpg
Then the colour grading. It being morning now I used 'Fall Colors' from the Creative Pack for a warmer look, the previous ones were 'Night From Day' from the same pack to get the night feel.
graded.jpg
It's a quick process, though there are hundreds of LUTs in the pack so finding ones you like takes a bit of time. Once you have a few that you like though it's very quick to apply them.

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021
Cool mate I can achieve something similar with photoshope, but I will post results later. Thanks for advice :)

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I think the most important thing to take away is that there should always be highlights, even in a night scene. There should always be something in the upper range.

3.80 star(s) 19 Votes