VN Ren'Py Abandoned My Model Daughter Remastered [v0.05] [WickedGames]

3.80 star(s) 19 Votes

SoftheW

May 26, 2020
I only have one question for the dev or whoever can answer me. This question does not violate any rules. I have a little doubt in setting the age of the girl, and I just wanted to know if it is a prime number?

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets
Apr 22, 2017
My Model Daughter - Spicy Edition
I made over a thousand edits for spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc.

There are many more lines of dialog, both external and internal.

Removed the "dy" added to the MC's relationship with the daughter. The "dy" works if you're her Dad (Daddy), but does't work if you're her Daddy (Daddydy). Just start off with Daddy, it works better in the dialog I've added. ;)

Since this is going to be a taboo VN, might as well make it even more interesting when you enter your daughter's age. Her age also shows up in other characters' dialog.

Place the attached file in the Mymodeldaughter-0.01-pc folder and extract, overwriting when prompted.

DO NOT USE THIS WITH A WALKTHROUGH MOD. The choices are so easy, you don't really need a MOD for that.

Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!
Your mod looks interesting. Do you plan to update and maintain it for future releases?

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
Your mod looks interesting. Do you plan to update and maintain it for future releases?
I was going to. The DEV asked me if he could use my MOD as the basis for his game going forward. I said sure.

When I saw v.03 of his game, it still contained all the misspellings, bad grammar, and unnecessary sentences as the original v.01. That took the wind out of my sails to continue on.

I might drag it back out of the mothballs if people are interested.

Cheers!

White Lamp

Dec 18, 2020
Yeah, excessive grammar and spelling mistakes can hinder even the best rendered games.

If you need help, I’ll volunteer some of my time to help out with grammar and spelling checks! I’m not an English major but I am confident that I can keep the mistakes to a minimal. (I am not a modded though)

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
So another Dev that expected to make money with a game from the start. Dude, there are devs out there that do this for over a year and don't make much money.
The first release you made reduced your chance of success because there are probably a lot of people who put your game on ignore because of the terrible sims graphic.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021
So another Dev that expected to make money with a game from the start. Dude, there are devs out there that do this for over a year and don't make much money.
The first release you made reduced your chance of success because there are probably a lot of people who put your game on ignore because of the terrible sims graphic.
I am working on this re release from September, so this is month five. Why is it so strange that I don't have incentive to continue when there is a game much worse in both visual and story and it earns more than 500 dollars just on pateon. If I don't have luck with this line of work I will try something different. Also like I said I am not done yet I have one more update to release, if people come to support me good if not, I will try something different. Time doesn't wait for nobody.

• Angry

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Why is it so strange that I don't have incentive to continue when there is a game much worse in both visual and story and it earns more than 500 dollars just on pateon.
Don't compare yourself to others, maybe you just aren't able to see what actually matters? you might be calling X game worse than your when in reality you just can't see what people are actually enjoying there.

People are just smarter than you think they are, it's not that hard to smell when something is being motivated only by monetary incentive, it shows. There is a lot more to a game than just visuals and story.

Reactions: Skalli

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021
Don't compare yourself to others, maybe you just aren't able to see what actually matters? you might be calling X game worse than your when in reality you just can't see what people are actually enjoying there.

People are just smarter than you think they are, it's not that hard to smell when something is being motivated only by monetary incentive, it shows. There is a lot more to a game than just visuals and story.
I agree with you in some part, but we all have this much time on earth, I don't want to be motivated by money but it is certainly a factor. For god sake mate. I am moder on nexus last 8 years and all there is free :D. I don't know if you noticed something in my game that made you say all this because in all honesty, I am very passionate about the characters and story I aim to tell. Also with Dual family and games like that I am not certain how smart some people are.

WickedGames

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2021

Also, do tell what other things are needed for VN game other than good visuals and story? Maybe I can learn something new from you.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I don't know if you noticed something in my game that made you say all this because in all honesty, I am very passionate about the characters and story I aim to tell. Also with Dual family and games like that I am not certain how smart some people are.
Nothing about your game it's just about you comment and trying to compare it with other games that already have a fanbase, the number of devs that create new accounts only to milk some cash and abandon their projects is not insignificant.
It takes time to build not only a fanbase but also some trust and consistency in what you are creating.
Also, do tell what other things are needed for VN game other than good visuals and story? Maybe I can learn something new from you.
Every person has different tastes so I can't talk for anyone but me. But for me even if a game has bad visual and a silly story but the gameplay, fetishes or really any other innovative element that contrasts it from every other game I am more than willing to overlook the first two points and can throughly enjoy the game.
So if people have different things they consider important, you already can explain why certain games you deem "worse in both visual and story and it earns more than 500 dollars just on pateon" are making more, there are probably things you aren't accounting for but other people are.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
tl;dr there are many more elements that plays a role here, but my point is just that nothing is as simple as 1 or 2 things if you want to set yourself apart from what already exists.

Reactions: SoiCowboy

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I am working on this re release from September, so this is month five. Why is it so strange that I don't have incentive to continue when there is a game much worse in both visual and story and it earns more than 500 dollars just on pateon. If I don't have luck with this line of work I will try something different. Also like I said I am not done yet I have one more update to release, if people come to support me good if not, I will try something different. Time doesn't wait for nobody.
You're not doing yourself any favours by saying that, people aren't likely to want to support a game if they think it's going to get abandoned.
Nobody should be starting a game thinking they are going to make a living off of it, but because it's something you want to make, and if it takes off then you can start to think about doing it full time but not before.

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
Sorry guy's for bad news. I am wasting time here... I will finish this update this month and I am done if it continues like this.
I KNEW you were going to do this. I really wish you would have taken the various suggestions I gave you, but you have refused to take the time to market your game...yet still expect instant rewards.

I think your game has massive potential, and could appeal to a wide fan base. BUT as I've said before, you're not going to get new supporters if nobody knows about your game! You should be posting previews in the F95 daz/incest game threads, or on reddit and other adult game websites. If you created signatures, others can advertise for you. These are just a few of the easy strategies successful games have used to grow its popularity. You haven't even requested a "Game developer" tag yet, and don't even mention your game in your OWN signature line or profile :rolleyes:.

Even for people who have found your game, most won't support financially until the developer has demonstrated dedication to the game - who is going to throw money at a game if they know (just as you are about to do) that the dev is just going to bail out?? The truth is, like too many other game developers, you have unrealistic expectations of how this would work, especially since you aren't willing to put the time in to market.

You should create a Subscribestar, and change your Patreon fees - you are asking for way too much money for a game so early in development, and for a developer who hasn't earned a reputation yet. You also offer little rewards. You really should re-work your tiers - your $13 tier is basically the equivalent to other game's $2 tier.

Most popular games built a following after devs earned their reputation and allowed people to find their game. You're not going to get the financial rewards with your current approach to this. In fact, many people (including myself) won't even give your new projects a chance if you have a history of abandoning so early on. Honestly I'm pissed I wasted time writing a review and trying to hype your game when you're not even willing to do the same...

You're not doing yourself any favours by saying that, people aren't likely to want to support a game if they think it's going to get abandoned.
Nobody should be starting a game thinking they are going to make a living off of it, but because it's something you want to make, and if it takes off then you can start to think about doing it full time but not before.
Exactly this!

3.80 star(s) 19 Votes