• Hikari

• Kanehana

• Hime

• Iroha

• Chitose

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
eolostudios There's a small bug in chapter 13.

Code:
if mp.hikari_points >= 2:
    i "{i}(I want her to be mine and mine alone.)"
This variable isn't instantiated, if you don't earn any points with Hikari, the following screen appears:
1700719587615.png

This bug triggers again in Chapter 15, in the bathroom stall with Hikari.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit:
I ran into a second bug, this time with Sayumi.
My MC didn't tell her about the vision in Chapter 14, yet ends up in her bed at the start of Chapter 15. According to the walkthrough, this shouldn't happen.

Looking through the code, the issue seems to be:
Code:
# Chapter 14
if mp.ch14TellYumiflag == 2:
    scene c14s687 with dissolve
    s "Thank you again, I’m going to take a shower and hit the hay. "
    i "No problem, goodnight."

# Chapter 15
if mp.chap14flag10 == 2:
    jump ch15GMYumi
if mp.chap14flag == 1:
    jump ch15GMDice2

label ch15GMYumi:
The mp.variable defaults to null, so none of the if statements trigger, and 'label ch15GMYumi' is called. Easiest fix is to add $ mp.chap14flag = 1, after the if statement in Chapter 14, or check for ch14TellYumiflag as well in Chapter 15.

Last edited:

loewe

Aug 14, 2017
Some notes and thoughts on Book 1, to invite discussion. I write these down as I'm playing through the game, so events can be mentioned that are resolved later.

Spoiler, I'm less happy with book 2 so far, because of my own expectations. (I'm in chapter 13 atm)
When the MC asks himself a rhetorical question, usually this is a telegraph for an upcoming player choice. So when the MC wonders if the harem is for him, I expected to have more input, for answering that question to be part of the MC's character arc. It also doesn't help that the game itself doesn't convey a "win condition". For instance, despite its flaws, Matrix Hearts does this well; "Sleep with everyone you can, so your knee heals better.". This game leaves everything up in the air, while not giving the player the opportunity to impact what happens.

With everything the MC knows right now, it's still possible that Sayumi is manipulating him for her own gain. Everything else she says might (and likely) is true, but so far I'm not noticing her having much concern for his actual (current) well-being.

Still, I'm aware that this is mostly on me, but expect some kind of rant about this in my Book 2 thoughts :ROFLMAO:

With everything the MC knows right now, it's still possible that Sayumi is manipulating him for her own gain. Everything else she says might (and likely) is true, but so far I'm not noticing her having much concern for his actual (current) well-being.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
It is pretty much within MC's character, it's one of the approach I like in this VN, not everything needs to be said out loud. The VN uses the visual medium to do its storytelling.
If it's in character largely depends on players' choices. In my playthrough, I kept as much distance from FMC as possible.
In that case, how can it be in character when he's only just lost his virginity, and never showed interest in another woman? Yet suddenly he turns into a horndog who can't keep it in his pants. Until then, he's portrayed as someone who's too hung up on Yukine, never even considering other girls/women. (Except Hikari, as you mention)

What happened with Hikari wasn't unfaithful, it happened before Yukine returned. When Yukine returns, MC is thinking a relationship with Hikari is wrong, so he's not cheating on Hikari either. I do get the argument you're making though, that falling for Hikari is a sign of the MC opening up to women and relationships. My counterargument is that Hikari wore him down, and took a lot of initiative to get to that point. She also has the benefit that the MC loved her since she was born.

I don't think the harem was on MC's mind on that sofa. Even when confronting FMC in the bathroom later, he claims he felt lonely. It wasn't an experiment, just a moment of vulnerability that FMC exploited. She starts by humming a lullaby that's special to the MC. She also claims multiple times that she knows him through and through. So either she didn't know him well enough to realize a lullaby that his mother used to sing, wouldn't cheer him up, or she chose that lullaby on purpose to make the MC even more emotional.

What you said "about needing to be close to someone", can be easily observed. We can say MC feels lonely and vulnerable, with Akemi creating distance, Hikari running away and Yukine not communicating like she's supposed to which got MC worried and think that a Harem is viable option. And also what we see is MC using FMC to fill that hole that they left, arguably unhealthy but well within reason and his character.
Why would the MC think the harem is a viable option, when Yukine (at that moment, still his one true love, depending on the player's choices) is ignoring him? If anything, that should discourage him from risking the relationship even more. More so because in chapter 6, Yukine doesn't know anything yet. Yet it is MC who initiates intimacy by asking "does your offer still stand" (harking back to the shower scene, where I rejected FMC's advances).
In a playthrough where the MC is immediately pursuing FMC, I'd agree entirely with you.

Being unable to reject FMC in the sofa scene makes a lot of sense in the story if you start rejecting FMC after that, I believe it's a much needed scenario. Plus the sexual tension between FMC and MC has been really high at that point.
Yes, I think we more or less agree on that. I wrote "the story has to go on", with that in mind. And I really appreciate that they did have that talk in the bathroom. But what I wrote about the sofa, were my thoughts at the time the scene played. MC's behavior was jarring to me, since up till then, I was under the impression that my choices were actually building up to something. Instead, he grabs the boobs of someone he hasn't really shown interest in, and cheats on the love of his life. (I realize I'm repeating myself a lot. I'm sorry.)

Right now I'm pausing the game, since I ran into a bug. I didn't tell FMC about the vision, yet at the start of Chapter 15 I'm in her bed getting a BJ. I'll have to dig through the code to see how to correct that (according to the walkthrough this scene shouldn't play).

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Almost every variable in this game gets set persistently. So if you load an old save and try different options then that will affect future saves you've already made. So if you reject FMC, play through, make a save and then go load an old save and not reject FMC to see the scene you missed, then your later save will retcon your rejection of FMC as if you never rejected her.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I checked the walkthrough, it really shouldn't play at all. Like there's a series of choices at least to get to that scene. It might be a rollback issue during choices. Try just loading your save during choices.
The issue is with how the dev uses persistent variables. While you don't need to instantiate these, they don't contain any information either. Some branches don't change these persistent variables at all, so when they're checked later, the conditions don't work.

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
Yes, the new update brought all kinds of pandemonium to everyone's saves. We've narrowed down the problem and trying to make sure it doesn't happen again but for now, kindly use the solutions provided.

Your current ch23 saves will work on ch24 when it's out publicly.
Try to save on the end screen and not the Miho screen.

I was lazy to make 2 different versions of the walkthrough. The paid version is the same as the public version after all, only release date difference and in hindsight, the public version has it better because of all the edits. It's the user's responsibility if they scroll down beyond the version they have and spoil themselves.

I read your "long ass ramblings" and I gotta say, I've seen longer :ROFLMAO:

Most of it I can't comment on but I read all of it.

Here's what I can:
So if we don't want to restart the whole game we can wait for V24 and our saves will work, just confirming? All of my saves are broken, even the ones before 20. Even when saving on the end screen on every one

Last edited:

loewe

Aug 14, 2017
Reactions: gojira667

eolostudios

Developer of "My Time with You"
Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
eolostudios There's a small bug in chapter 13.

Code:
if mp.hikari_points >= 2:
    i "{i}(I want her to be mine and mine alone.)"
This variable isn't instantiated, if you don't earn any points with Hikari, the following screen appears:
View attachment 3110409

This bug triggers again in Chapter 15, in the bathroom stall with Hikari.

Edit:
I ran into a second bug, this time with Sayumi.
My MC didn't tell her about the vision in Chapter 14, yet ends up in her bed at the start of Chapter 15. According to the walkthrough, this shouldn't happen.

Looking through the code, the issue seems to be:
Code:
# Chapter 14
if mp.ch14TellYumiflag == 2:
    scene c14s687 with dissolve
    s "Thank you again, I’m going to take a shower and hit the hay. "
    i "No problem, goodnight."

# Chapter 15
if mp.chap14flag10 == 2:
    jump ch15GMYumi
if mp.chap14flag == 1:
    jump ch15GMDice2

label ch15GMYumi:
The mp.variable defaults to null, so none of the if statements trigger, and 'label ch15GMYumi' is called. Easiest fix is to add $ mp.chap14flag = 1, after the if statement in Chapter 14, or check for ch14TellYumiflag as well in Chapter 15.

I'll look into this, thank you.

The recent posts are quite an interesting read; hopefully, by the time you're done, you'll be hating that you love it rather than hate and love it.

A little word, though, regarding choices:

My method is more of a long game. Which makes more sense: IMO, a single choice in a random moment can't be meaningful at all. And it's never about one choice; it's a series of them culminating in something that results into an 'actual meaningful choice.'

'Meaningful'??? choice in Chapter 15, MC squeezes Hikari's bum? It affects the story, sure, but I don't even see how that could be meaningful, and I never claimed that it was. But, if we then add that to how MC has been approaching Hikari throughout the entire story and keep adding it as we go along, then we got something.

You want it to be 'meaningful' yet expect instant gratification/huge effects/changes to the story, forgive me, but this seems a bit conflicting.

So if we don't want to restart the whole game we can wait for V24 and our saves will work, just confirming? All of my saves are broken, even the ones before 20. Even when saving on the end screen on every one
No, I meant that the broken save issue shouldn't be an issue anymore after this one time. So yes, you wil have to start over or use the save provided a few pages back; no other way around it. I think the UI really went nuclear on all our saves, we're trying to figure it out more but so far, ren'py has also been a pain regarding this issue.

Almost every variable in this game gets set persistently. So if you load an old save and try different options then that will affect future saves you've already made. So if you reject FMC, play through, make a save and then go load an old save and not reject FMC to see the scene you missed, then your later save will retcon your rejection of FMC as if you never rejected her.
Sir Buttslut, what is the AVN you're referring to in your signature? The one with the hot twin sister.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
The recent posts are quite an interesting read; hopefully, by the time you're done, you'll be hating that you love it rather than hate and love it.
Yeah, I just can't get over myself. And I really don't blame you or the game, because there are many parts I do love. The visual gags and humor, the low-key intimacy, the concept itself, the scenes are hot (even if I'd love to be able to avoid them), and the story if I look at it objectively... I just went into it with the wrong expectations.

My method is more of a long game. Which makes more sense: IMO, a single choice in a random moment can't be meaningful at all. And it's never about one choice; it's a series of them culminating in something that results into an 'actual meaningful choice.'
Am I right in thinking that this culmination will be in a future book? I did hope for that much.

'Meaningful'??? choice in Chapter 15, MC squeezes Hikari's bum? It affects the story, sure, but I don't even see how that could be meaningful, and I never claimed that it was. But, if we then add that to how MC has been approaching Hikari throughout the entire story and keep adding it as we go along, then we got something.

You want it to be 'meaningful' yet expect instant gratification/huge effects/changes to the story, forgive me, but this seems a bit conflicting.
This is fair. At the same time, it's great for players to get some kind of feedback about the choices they made. Hime's reaction to the Chitose video decision is a great example of this. It really underlines that this decision plays a larger part. And you're right, squeezing someone's bum or not, shouldn't make that much of a difference (Though the only difference being a "please" is maybe too subtle.).
The sofa scene in Chapter 6 is a different matter, I think. No matter what the MC did or didn't do with FMC, or answered to Akemi about loving FMC... It all plays out the same. Specially the "It's your turn to release tension.", which (in my opinion) should be greyed out or not even shown, if MC rejected FMC in the shower. Greying out that option would give the player more sense of agency, that choices do have consequences. There could even be a scenario where MC doesn't take the initiative and stays faithful to Yukine, and has the bathroom talk with FMC later after she oversteps a boundary again.

Please don't interpret this as me wanting to put more work on your plate, or telling you what to do. It's just my opinion.

Reactions: eolostudios

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I'll look into this, thank you.
You're welcome!

I've noticed an inconsistency between the game & walkthrough (from this site), concerning Hikari and looking at other women.
The code adds 1 anger point for every look, except for the 2nd woman (jailbait), where it adds 2. According to the walkthrough, the 5th woman should add 3 anger points.

1700778913793.png

A possible bug in chapter 17.
I didn't tell FMC, which means mp.Ch17YumiEGflag never gets assigned a value (line 1186).
When MC is cleaning Akemi's apartment, this variable is checked multiple times. However, if MC didn't tell FMC, then no check matches (though it seems like it should, since the MC did stay at Akemi's apartment for a while)

Code:
if mp.Ch17YumiEGflag == 1:
    scene c17s610 with pixellate
    i "{i}(Damn....)"
    # -------8<-------
    i "I was cleaning."
elif mp.Ch17YumiEGflag == 2:
    scene c17s614  with pixellate
    i "Well, that took a while alone."
    i "It's my mess from staying here for a while, anyway."
    # -------8<-------
    n "Oh, you're here."
    i "Yeah, I just finished cleaning up."
Another possible bug, and I'm honestly not sure what the first line means to convey.
Code:
# If MC hugged Akemi in Ch17 : 1, otherwise 2
if mp.ch17hugakemi == 1:
    n "You tend to hug me when I’m only on a towel, not a big deal."
else:
    n "You tend to hug me when I'm only wearing a towel, not a big deal."
scene c19v119 with dissolve

# I think it's fine to do the following, it would still fit nicely in the conversation:
if mp.ch17hugakemi == 1:

Last edited:

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
Here's a better example of why I feel that some choices are meaningless, or to put it more nuanced, lack impact; Iroha

Last edited:

eolostudios

Developer of "My Time with You"
Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
Am I right in thinking that this culmination will be in a future book? I did hope for that much.
Yes.
Greying out that option would give the player more sense of agency, that choices do have consequences.
This is a good idea.

Please don't interpret this as me wanting to put more work on your plate, or telling you what to do. It's just my opinion.
This is what the forum is for, and I'm grateful for the feedback; it's helpful and always welcome.

The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning after rinsing my face + breakfast is actually look into MTWY's traffic. I always look forward to it.

You're welcome!

I've noticed an inconsistency between the game & walkthrough (from this site), concerning Hikari and looking at other women.
The code adds 1 anger point for every look, except for the 2nd woman (jailbait), where it adds 2. According to the walkthrough, the 5th woman should add 3 anger points.

View attachment 3113017

A possible bug in chapter 17.
I didn't tell FMC, which means mp.Ch17YumiEGflag never gets assigned a value (line 1186).
When MC is cleaning Akemi's apartment, this variable is checked multiple times. However, if MC didn't tell FMC, then no check matches (though it seems like it should, since the MC did stay at Akemi's apartment for a while)

Code:
if mp.Ch17YumiEGflag == 1:
    scene c17s610 with pixellate
    i "{i}(Damn....)"
    # -------8<-------
    i "I was cleaning."
elif mp.Ch17YumiEGflag == 2:
    scene c17s614  with pixellate
    i "Well, that took a while alone."
    i "It's my mess from staying here for a while, anyway."
    # -------8<-------
    n "Oh, you're here."
    i "Yeah, I just finished cleaning up."
Another possible bug, and I'm honestly not sure what the first line means to convey.
Code:
# If MC hugged Akemi in Ch17 : 1, otherwise 2
if mp.ch17hugakemi == 1:
    n "You tend to hug me when I’m only on a towel, not a big deal."
else:

# I think it's fine to do the following, it would still fit nicely in the conversation:
if mp.ch17hugakemi == 1:
1. Thanks for pointing out the Hikari anger mismatch. It is supposed to be 3, and I remember it's three when I made the chapter, it's odd.

2. Right, that endgame flag not having a value is indeed an oversight on the reject-FMC route, I'll have that fixed. Good thing you spotted these before we moved to Book 3. *Phew*

3. You're right about the hugakemi and that was the intention; I can't recall how it got construed into the monstrosity that it is. :D

Here's a better example of why I feel that some choices are meaningless, or to put it more nuanced, lack impact; Iroha
I won't comment on this, I try to avoid influencing how a user views or interprets my story. My reply earlier was just me explaining how I approach the choices. However, I did read all that you said and took everything into consideration.

But i do want to point out since this is not up for interpretation, that Iroha did not flip off MC in chapter 9. It's an "I'm watching you" gesture. Giving someone the bird is not even within her character.

Unexpected, aka possibly the biggest waste of a twins tag in AVN history. Twins tag with no incest, sorry but that still bugs me to this day.
Thanks, I asked because I remember seeing a Koi game with twin protags and I wanted to check it out some time ago but it was only 1-2 releases then; I'm still unsure if this is the one I was looking for. Then again, how many Koi games with twin protags are there?

jammyhammyhands

Nov 26, 2021
Both the front page link here in f95 and in our itch page works for me.

View attachment 3071563
It's in the rules and info, we use it to filter bots. EO will change it to be more efficient soon since it often gets missed.

Also, in case anyone asks, I'm on the final edit. Should release soon.
hmmm this is what I see and it looks like it should work when I press accept but I can't see the server in discord when I do Screenshot 2023-11-24 at 7.43.57 AM.png

4.60 star(s) 64 Votes