MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
Mods like that are based on Renpy, I'm not sure it would even be possible for a Unity game such as Mystwood Manor.
You know I'm Not Thea Lundgren! , why not give it a try, after all Mod can be added and see if it could be given to Unity. You can always try. Then with each update it would be easier to know what and how to do to get through the story.
I apologize if the text has been translated incorrectly.

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
"It's more complex than that - with Ren'Py games it's easy to get the sources. With Unity you'd have to use a decompiler, then change that code, then recompile it. And debugging is tougher - in Ren'Py you can drop into the console and poke at things. With a Unity game you have to use a real debugger, which is harder. As you said, not as many people can do that. "

Thermophob and goobdoob Hello. As you write, it could be done by some people or rather too complicated to do. Greetings.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
"It's more complex than that - with Ren'Py games it's easy to get the sources. With Unity you'd have to use a decompiler, then change that code, then recompile it. And debugging is tougher - in Ren'Py you can drop into the console and poke at things. With a Unity game you have to use a real debugger, which is harder. As you said, not as many people can do that. "

Thermophob and goobdoob Hello. As you write, it could be done by some people or rather too complicated to do. Greetings.
It COULD be done. It would be a ton of work. And need to be updated each release. I don't think it's going to happen.

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
You know I'm Not Thea Lundgren! , why not give it a try, after all Mod can be added and see if it could be given to Unity. You can always try. Then with each update it would be easier to know what and how to do to get through the story.
I apologize if the text has been translated incorrectly.
I'm not doing anything, I'm not a modder; I was just explaining that it's more difficult to do with Unity than with Renpy.

Reactions: TheDevian

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
It COULD be done. It would be a ton of work. And need to be updated each release. I don't think it's going to happen.
Well, but maybe at least to do something like that for some updates, it could always be available for download below other files as a walkthrough or game guide as a transition through each update. I know that there may be a lot of work, but if I did not manage to ask for a language, maybe I would be able to make such a thing appear to facilitate, in addition to translating every dialogue and understanding what is going on, if I do not know English well. I know that someone will say that every game has this language, but if the game is good in the thread and you have a problem with understanding sentences, it either stops playing or somehow combines after errors to somehow play.

If it is translated incorrectly, I am sorry.

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
I'm not doing anything, I'm not a modder; I was just explaining that it's more difficult to do with Unity than with Renpy.
Well, but as goobdoob wrote, it could be done but there is a lot of work. You know, I tried to ask for the language I use, but somehow it can't be added, so I thought and I hope that maybe such a guide or walkthrough would be created to make it easier to understand what to do and how to make the story associate it with what it is about and get everything right from your mistakes in the game.

I apologize if it has been translated incorrectly.

Reactions: Konvikt

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Look, I don't really know why we are still discussing this, but here is, I hope, my last take about possible mods. Making walkthrough mode of any game is a lot of job (be it RenPy or Unity). You need to make many extra things, in case of RenPy you would need some custom Python feature, not just RenPy, but I digress. What's bottom point, if there is interest by guys who are competent enough it will appear. (I think Big Brother is a game with most mods here...) If not... well, I am sorry. You have asked about it, which is perfectly fine, but it seems that nobody of guys visiting this topic regualrily have ressources to make such mod.

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Well, but as goobdoob wrote, it could be done but there is a lot of work. You know, I tried to ask for the language I use, but somehow it can't be added, so I thought and I hope that maybe such a guide or walkthrough would be created to make it easier to understand what to do and how to make the story associate it with what it is about and get everything right from your mistakes in the game.

I apologize if it has been translated incorrectly.
I don't see a mod being made and the game is too early in development for a walkthrough. You don't need to keep asking, if there is one you'll find it in the OP.

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
Look, I don't really know why we are still discussing this, but here is, I hope, my last take about possible mods. Making walkthrough mode of any game is a lot of job (be it RenPy or Unity). You need to make many extra things, in case of RenPy you would need some custom Python feature, not just RenPy, but I digress. What's bottom point, if there is interest by guys who are competent enough it will appear. (I think Big Brother is a game with most mods here...) If not... well, I am sorry. You have asked about it, which is perfectly fine, but it seems that nobody of guys visiting this topic regualrily have ressources to make such mod.
Okey, I understand your perception and opinions. So as you write, if there was such a possibility or desire, I would be grateful for such at least if I already wrote the request about the Polish language, about which I got information that it will not be added. So hence such a request for such a mod as in Big Brother or Milfy City. I am sorry that everyone who gave me the answer, despite such a blessing I took time. Sorry again. But the request can always come true. Greetings.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Okey, I understand your perception and opinions. So as you write, if there was such a possibility or desire, I would be grateful for such at least if I already wrote the request about the Polish language, about which I got information that it will not be added. So hence such a request for such a mod as in Big Brother or Milfy City. I am sorry that everyone who gave me the answer, despite such a blessing I took time. Sorry again. But the request can always come true. Greetings.
Big Brother was done with all of the scripts externally (not packaged up like most), and Milfy City is Ren'Py.

Reactions: MotH_like25

MotH_like25

Aug 18, 2018
I don't see a mod being made and the game is too early in development for a walkthrough. You don't need to keep asking, if there is one you'll find it in the OP.
You know what I'm Not Thea Lundgren! I don't know what to write and refer to afterwards. One thing I can probably write is that I'm sorry for proposing such a mod or guide in the form of an additional game program. Okey, I know that at the beginning, despite the development, it may not be so necessary, but for subsequent updates, you may already need some advanced passages, by displaying tips from a given character instead of pdf and reading. I know it's more work on translating and passing the story. Well, with the beginning it will be difficult (until it appears in development) it will get used to it. At least I tried to propose. Well, it's hard that it didn't work out. Once again, I'm sorry that you took the time to write back. I think I'm the only player from Poland who seems to play Mystwood Manor and (Man of the House)

If it has been translated incorrectly, I'm sorry. Greetings.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
You know what I'm Not Thea Lundgren! I don't know what to write and refer to afterwards. One thing I can probably write is that I'm sorry for proposing such a mod or guide in the form of an additional game program. Okey, I know that at the beginning, despite the development, it may not be so necessary, but for subsequent updates, you may already need some advanced passages, by displaying tips from a given character instead of pdf and reading. I know it's more work on translating and passing the story. Well, with the beginning it will be difficult (until it appears in development) it will get used to it. At least I tried to propose. Well, it's hard that it didn't work out. Once again, I'm sorry that you took the time to write back. I think I'm the only player from Poland who seems to play Mystwood Manor and (Man of the House)

If it has been translated incorrectly, I'm sorry. Greetings.
Proposing it isn't a problem. The problem comes when you keep asking. It's not going to happen, unless you convince a Unity programmer to crack open the game and make alterations.

If you want to do this, you should start a new thread or do it in PMs. This thread is not the appropriate place for that.

gotmy223

Jun 4, 2017
Is this game the same grind-fest that Man of the House was?

Where you're repeating the same thing 7 times (with the same renders and the same dialogue) in order to advance the story?

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Is this game the same grind-fest that Man of the House was?

Where you're repeating the same thing 7 times (with the same renders and the same dialogue) in order to advance the story?
There is more a Hotel Management theme in this, but if you didn't like MOTH you won't like this as yes actions here are repeatable

Reactions: gotmy223

cerebotio2

Nov 20, 2018
I've just tried as well, including repeating the other items you've already done and I'm running into the same problem. I'll pass your save on to Faerin and see if he can find out what's going on as I'm stumped on this one.

EDIT/additional info.

Faerin took a look at your save and it appears to be a pre-0.1.0 save. That scene was triggered, but it won't appear in your game. So unfortunately, you would need to start over.

My version is the latest, 0.1.1c. By the way, the game started again and the same error persists.

4.00 star(s) 243 Votes