BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
The game wasn't meant to be played in one playthrough and no matter how many people say it, it isn't a good/bad kinetic novel. You can choose whatever you want and try to get many girls as you want. Some choices will be limit of course it is why I said there would be consequences. It was the point of my game, for the player to act like he is in charge to think of options to go with and try to get the most of what he wants to in the game.
From how I imagined it, players can have three different saves
1- Girlfriend path, where they stick to the noncheating and get a good ending for the game
2- The collect path, where they want to get the content and see what ending will go
3- The balanced path, Where they can go as they like while trying to keep a good relationship with the Gf
I not trying to force anything on anyone. It is how I imagine my game in the first place

If you are in a relationship, it is bad to go for anyone else. This will never change. If you peep on a family member it changes your character even more that doesn't mean that peeping itself isn't bad but here is the thing once you choose to go beyond someone who knows and trusts you have a more effect on you. At least this is how I imagined it.
As I say, I play only once: I don't see more than one ending. Of course I don't think it's common, but it's how I play.

I can use different saves to see if I like one choice better or the other, but in the end I delete all but the last one.

As you have designed the game, I could (for my way of play) only go for the first option (girlfriend path) and it's certainly not the one that attracts me the most. For me in a harem all the LIs must know about each other and agree with it, if not, I don't like it. Cheating on the girlfriend is totally out of the question, for me it doesn't even exist as a course, so, as the game is at now, the harem isn't at all a viable option. This only causes my interest in the game to be very small.

For me, if the MC's girlfriend doesn't want to be part of the harem, the only possible option would be to end the relationship and start another with the LIs who are going to be part of the harem (and that they are going to do so voluntarily and aware). If not, I won't like the harem.

On the other hand, I don't usually do peeping scenes; only if they are mandatory to advance the story and not with special interest.

Reactions: jxd and AdamJohn36

ESM13

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
A story should be a given considering the fact that you're making a visual novel, but even professional writers go for a specific group of people.

Anyway if you are just doing this as a hobby, and don't care too much about gaining supporters, i can respect that, keep doing what you're doing.
But if you are hoping to make a decent profit out of this, you will need to know who you are trying to sell your story to, and how to convince them to support you rather than the many creators who can write a good story, and still find a way to give the customers what they want
I think you have a point and I can see something out of it.
I can make the game choices more about how he approaches his new life and deal with choices in it and not about the girls themselves.
It will be hard to change this as it was the whole point of the game anyway but I will try to work on it

jxd

Jun 8, 2020
If the only option for the harem is to act behind the MC's girlfriend back and cheat on her, then I can say I don't like the idea. If the MC's girlfriend doesn't fit in the harem, then the only option I have is to leave her and focus on the harem. I don't like cheating on her, and I don't want to do it.

But if the harem option is "bad", I don't like it either. I can say that if the only "good" option is to be with the girlfriend, then the game doesn't arouse any interest in me.
I think in a similar way, but I will give the next update a chance, that cheating or being cheated is not my thing, maybe we get used to harems a lot and it is difficult for us to get out of the dynamics.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I think in a similar way, but I will give the next update a chance, that cheating or being cheated is not my thing, maybe we get used to harems a lot and it is difficult for us to get out of the dynamics.
It isn't very likely (if not impossible) that if I play I will cheat on the MC's girlfriend. That won't happen in my game. As the game appears to be designed (and since I'm not overly enthusiastic about going for bad karma or "bad" points), that makes the only option is to continue with the girlfriend. Unless there is the option to end the relationship without cheating on her and thus be able to start a harem without having bad karma, for me the harem is completely closed and unviable.

Reactions: jxd and AdamJohn36

gdog

Jun 3, 2017
My thoughts, after reading this thread, but not actually playing the game, because it's 0.1.... and I'm really tired of unfinished product....
Do not quit working on your passion project, just because a few pirates go ARRR, do it my way or walk the plank!
Fuck em. You will attract people to your game, if it's a good game. You can't please all the people, all of the time, but you can please some of the people, some of the time.
Make the game you want to make, and if it's a good game, it'll do well.
Take criticism on things you're willing to change, like say, those eyebrows someone commented on, and ignore criticism on things you're unwilling to change, like say, what constitutes a harem, or if peeping is inherently bad. (it is).
Tell your story, make it a good one, and try and make choices actually matter.

I do have one suggestion though....
If you have a choice that won't actually work due to prior choices.... write some code so the choice doesn't even show up.
So, for the example in this thread, when asked about having kids, if the choice to have them later is invalid, just don't show it, and just have it say no, being the only choice.
That'll do one of two things.... piss off people that already saw it as a choice, and are now seeing it removed... and second, not piss off people who see the choice and get this is an invalid choice.... they'll just assume it's not a choice you can make, at this point.

Reactions: AdamJohn36

ESM13

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
My thoughts, after reading this thread, but not actually playing the game, because it's 0.1.... and I'm really tired of unfinished product....
Do not quit working on your passion project, just because a few pirates go ARRR, do it my way or walk the plank!
Fuck em. You will attract people to your game, if it's a good game. You can't please all the people, all of the time, but you can please some of the people, some of the time.
Take criticism on things you're willing to change, like say, those eyebrows someone commented on, and ignore criticism on things you're unwilling to change, like say, what constitutes a harem, or if peeping is inherently bad. (it is).

If you have a choice that won't actually work due to prior choices.... write some code so the choice doesn't even show up.
So, for the example in this thread, when asked about having kids, if the choice to have them later is invalid, just don't show it, and just have it say no, being the only choice.
That'll do one of two things.... piss off people that already saw it as a choice, and are now seeing it removed... and second, not piss off people who see the choice and get this is an invalid choice.... they'll just assume it's not a choice you can make, at this point.
It's just so tiring, you want to start your game, the one you thought about so much and believed it could be a good thing to find everyone not liking it, and it is still v0.1 it isn't like I already have people that like what I do. I don't even know if I'm in the right or the wrong anymore

Nova1811

May 6, 2018

That's why i told the dev that if they do this as a hobby they should keep doing what they want.
But you seem to forget that Pirates are still potential customers, how often do we see stubborn Devs quit after they barely got anyone willing to pledge because they ignored what the players asked for.
There needs to be a balance between what the Dev wants and what the players want.
If someone wants to make profit of their game, they can't be unwilling to compromise and still expect more than a few players.
Even writers who pitch story for a book or a movie have to make changes according to what their targeted audience wants before a publisher is willing to take them.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
I stumbled upon this, and had to take a minute as I sat in disbelief that a person could think like this.

"I still don't get why you consider peeping a bad thing." This is a personal falling on your part. The majority of people would, in fact, not "agree with you." The majority of people here understand that most everything on this forum is fantasy. They may indulge in their fantasies in the privacy of their own home, but they understand the moral implications of acting upon it in real life. They understand that peeping is a bad thing.

"Where's the betrayal of trust? Of what trust do you speaking of anyway?" The trust that a person has that, using your example, someone that they love and trust will respect their wishes for privacy. That they wouldn't betray that expectation.

It seems to me that you don't consider peeping "bad" because you got away with it. So, for example, you peeped on your mother, and she caught you? Your response would probably be somewhere along the lines of "Well, you weren't supposed to catch me! It's your fault you feel that I betrayed your "nonexistent trust" because I did nothing bad, this is on you". I can absolutely imagine your reaction would be accusatory towards them.

If you actually consider peeping as "not bad" I want you to peep on someone, and then tell them what you did. Go on. If it isn't bad like you say, then they wouldn't react negatively to your honesty. Your mother, your father, your siblings, your children. Family, friends. Peep on all of them and let's see if the "majority" will agree with you that it is not a "bad thing".

And what would your reaction be if you find out that your parents, siblings, children, family and friends had been peeping on you? That while you were changing your clothes, reading, fapping, browsing the web, cooking, dancing, making funny faces at the mirror or at your dog they were watching you. That you never truly had a moment to yourself. Why limit it to peeping? Maybe they have gone through your phone? Ypur room? Your computer? Your browser history? Your thoughts? Imagine finding out, but their only response was that it wasn't bad, until that one time you caught them. Then obviously that time it was bad. But those other times. The ones you never noticed? Well, you can't be mad there, since they were never caught then.

Now you have to examine all those other times you thought you were alone, and ask yourself, were you really ever truly?

Maybe you don't think yourself a bad person, but thoughts like these lead somewhere dark.
That's quite a reply, you explained your position fully and I can only thank you for that.
I'm sorry but you spent your time in vain. If you look at my words attentively, you'll see why. I said I don't think that 18 years old virgin trying to peep on naked beautiful woman is a bad person. Everything else are questions to dev. Most of which he decided to ignore. But that is his business. You took one my phrase that tells nothing of my position on peeping and made whole post out of it.
"It seems to me that you don't consider peeping "bad" because you got away with it" You consider wrong. I never peeped so I can't got away with it or not. If someone'd peep on me and I don't notice that, it change nothing for me. If that someone told me he was peeping on me, I'd answer something like "Saw anything you like?" and then laughed. I care little for my own privacy. My actions at work are logged and recorded, my movements on the streets and recorded by street cameras and traced by some companies like Google through my smartphone. Even at my home my actions in the Internet are logged by my ISP. And if I plug in my webcam some evil hackers can record from it (the latter is a fantasy, of course). So I prefer to not care about my privacy. If someone would watch as I change my clothes, bath, shave, sit on my computer, cook, talk to my cat or just to myself I'll lose nothing from it and that someone will gain nothing from it. So why bother?
"And what would your reaction be if you find out that your parents, siblings, children, family and friends had been peeping on you?" The same as I described earlier. I really don't see a difference in peeping on family member or some stranger. Well, beside the obvious, like it's easier to peep on family member and consequences of getting caught are not so hard.
"Maybe you don't think yourself a bad person, but thoughts like these lead somewhere dark." I need to point on obvious thing: that thoughts are only in your head. Not mine. And I don't consider myself a bad person. Good person either. These things - good or bad - are too subjective to use as a measurement.

• Angry
Reactions: FloridaNed

gdog

Jun 3, 2017
It's just so tiring, you want to start your game, the one you thought about so much and believed it could be a good thing to find everyone not liking it, and it is still v0.1 it isn't like I already have people that like what I do. I don't even know if I'm in the right or the wrong anymore
Look, bud, I don't know you, you don't know me, but go through the thread, it's basically one or two guys saying the same shit over and over again. You can't care so much about public approval, you'll never get anything done if you're too busy trying to please everybody, let alone if you're spending it all trying to please that one guy who just isn't into what you're selling.
You've got a three star rating on this game thread, with 2 people liking it.
Are you here to illicit patreon subs, or are you here sharing your game? If you're after money, people will pay, if they like the content.
The general rule is.... people who like things just tend to shut up and enjoy it.
Some people complain just to complain.
And you'll go mad, or depressed if you read all the comments when you become a public figure.
Take the criticism, if it is given with genuine concern for making a better product.
Ignore the criticism, if it's just saying make this game instead.
Nobody actually matters. You'll find people who will enjoy the ideas your putting out, and most of the time, they'll just enjoy it, and look forward to the next release. I've played a lot of games from here, and you know how many I've commented on, and said hey, great game, thanks a lot?
maybe one, but I doubt it.
My position is in the majority of users. Pay more attention to the downloads, than to ONE guy saying this isn't a fucking harem, remove the harem tag, and the ONE guy saying if I can't have my harem without cheating, this isn't a game for me. (same guy by the way)
You have a bunch of positive comments in this thread saying they're enjoying what you're putting out there.
Finish your game, don't abandon it at a 0.1
you know what that says?
Don't try your next game, because you won't finish it either.
You want to make a game? Finish it.
If it sucks, well, you tried. Learn from it, and make your second game better.
You know what the best games all have in common? They didn't listen to the idiot commenters, and made the game they wanted to make.
If you want help, then take the help, and make a better version of the game you have in mind, but don't change it, just because some person said not for me. How is this helpful feedback?
I don't like your game, make it better, does nothing to improve your game.
You have a storyline in mind, stick to it, and do the things that people suggest, to make the game better, and fit your vision more. There are other games people can play that suit what they want, if they don't like your morality and karma system.
Fake choices are really irritating though.
Nobody can REALLY judge a game when it's only at a 0.1, other than if the art style and basic idea sounds appealing, so don't lose heart and become known as another dev that just abandons what they start. Become known as someone who follows through on what they say they're going to do, and learn from the process to make better and better games.

Again... not everyone will like anything.
Lets take the best selling company in the world.... Nintendo... they can't ship 7 billion units of anything.... why should you, a completely new developer expect to please every perv on this site? So many people won't even touch your game just because it lacks beastiality, or because it includes incest... So what? Lot of people will touch it, and maybe even enjoy it.
Help yourself, make the best game you can, and if it's any good, people will play it.

SasukeSakura2010

Dec 23, 2020
honestly if u guys dont like how the game is played thats your own opinions stop being so freakin uptight about not gettin wat you want in this game plain and simple: dont like it go play something else or stop bitching and moaning about it its a new game now stfu its annoying as hell. it you dont have anything positive to say to the dev take ur drama elsewhere hes goin thru enough shit so stop beatin up on the game everyone has different likes just be nice will ya?!

SasukeSakura2010

Dec 23, 2020
Look, bud, I don't know you, you don't know me, but go through the thread, it's basically one or two guys saying the same shit over and over again. You can't care so much about public approval, you'll never get anything done if you're too busy trying to please everybody, let alone if you're spending it all trying to please that one guy who just isn't into what you're selling.
Are you here to illicit patreon subs, or are you here sharing your game? If you're after money, people will pay, if they like the content.
The general rule is.... people who like things just tend to shut up and enjoy it.
And you'll go mad, or depressed if you read all the comments when you become a public figure.
Take the criticism, if it is given with genuine concern for making a better product.
Nobody actually matters. You'll find people who will enjoy the ideas your putting out, and most of the time, they'll just enjoy it, and look forward to the next release. I've played a lot of games from here, and you know how many I've commented on, and said hey, great game, thanks a lot?
My position is in the majority of users. Pay more attention to the downloads, than to ONE guy saying this isn't a fucking harem, remove the harem tag, and the ONE guy saying if I can't have my harem without cheating, this isn't a game for me. (same guy by the way)
You have a bunch of positive comments in this thread saying they're enjoying what you're putting out there.
you know what that says?
You know what the best games all have in common? They didn't listen to the idiot commenters, and made the game they wanted to make.
If you want help, then take the help, and make a better version of the game you have in mind, but don't change it, just because some person said not for me. How is this helpful feedback?
You have a storyline in mind, stick to it, and do the things that people suggest, to make the game better, and fit your vision more. There are other games people can play that suit what they want, if they don't like your morality and karma system.
Nobody can REALLY judge a game when it's only at a 0.1, other than if the art style and basic idea sounds appealing, so don't lose heart and become known as another dev that just abandons what they start. Become known as someone who follows through on what they say they're going to do, and learn from the process to make better and better games.

Lets take the best selling company in the world.... Nintendo... they can't ship 7 billion units of anything.... why should you, a completely new developer expect to please every perv on this site? So many people won't even touch your game just because it lacks beastiality, or because it includes incest... So what? Lot of people will touch it, and maybe even enjoy it.
Help yourself, make the best game you can, and if it's any good, people will play it.
spot on man everyone is different and has different opinions myself included and ya besides why bother on who doesnt like somethin they complain about things just to whine about it it irritates me anyway but wat can ya do? and i agree cant make everyone happy its the way this world works sadly and besides this game is new it takes time to grow every dev has been thru this a few i kno well too

Nova1811

May 6, 2018
The best games became big because they knew what worked for their audience.
For example, Harem game. Why you think the most popular ones all let you get the full harem in a single playthrough? Why is stuff like ntr and sharing or femdom (and if it's there it's made optional) so rare amongst them?
It's because those are the most common preferences of harem fans.
And saying they didn't make any changes based on feedback is a lie. If enough players don't like a scene or a fetish it often made optional. Some side characters that were supposed to be there for a single event were brought back due to their popularity among the players.
And their threads have people talking about their favorite characters, scenes they found funny or hot, or they make theories about background stories or where the story could go. So the whole people who like it shut up thing is also not true.

SasukeSakura2010

Dec 23, 2020
The best games became big because they knew what worked for their audience.
For example, Harem game. Why you think the most popular ones all let you get the full harem in a single playthrough? Why is stuff like ntr and sharing or femdom (and if it's there it's made optional) so rare amongst them?
It's because those are the most common preferences of harem fans.
And saying they didn't make any changes based on feedback is a lie. If enough players don't like a scene or a fetish it often made optional. Some side characters that were supposed to be there for a single event were brought back due to their popularity among the players.
And their threads have people talking about their favorite characters, scenes they found funny or hot, or they make theories about background stories or where the story could go. So the whole people who like it shut up thing is also not true.
well still u both r right though still idiots who whine and complain usually r ignored but positive feedback helps devs over negative BS or whiny bullcrap

Nova1811

May 6, 2018
well still u both r right though still idiots who whine and complain usually r ignored but positive feedback helps devs over negative BS or whiny bullcrap
I agree that comments like "This game sucks!" without telling the dev why are not useful.
But if a negative or rude comment explains what they didn't like, you can still filter it into usable feedback and turn it into something positive that allows you to grow as a developer. see it as gold nugget you find in a pile of dirt.
Now I'm not saying the dev has to use said feedback, but it's atleast something to consider or to keep in the back of their head incase the same complaint keep coming back by alot of different people

Reactions: AdamJohn36

SasukeSakura2010

Dec 23, 2020
I agree that comments like "This game sucks!" without telling the dev why are not useful.
But if a negative or rude comment explains what they didn't like, you can still filter it into usable feedback and turn it into something positive that allows you to grow as a developer. see it as gold nugget you find in a pile of dirt.
Now I'm not saying the dev has to use said feedback, but it's atleast something to consider or to keep in the back of their head incase the same complaint keep coming back by alot of different people
i see ur point on that man actually but u kno its hard depending on said devs state of mind or other factors.... but ya....... honestly i will say this i look after my friends but also devs too i used to dislike VNs and other certain games and had a bad image of devs due to some past games even mobile ones but after meeting quite a few the image was shattered theres good ones out there and thanx to alot of em it drew me into VNs and other genre i never originally liked but since ive been hooked and also been supportive too i have certain tolerances but its hard for me to dislike a game unless its truly bad and this game isnt one of them its unique kinda like how its similar to life itself thas the vibe i get from it its not all about sex and banging everyone its just wat choices u make and the consequences that come from seleted choices like in real life u kno? i mean theres a few games that have various endings depending on choices too

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
you know what that says?

First, I have simply suggested that, to avoid problems, Dev could have created the game by following an individual path for each LI. It is possible that, as English is not my native language, I have not expressed it clearly enough: The tag must be there (I don't know if now or in the future, only what already happens in the game should appear between the tags), but It would have been better to leave that tag out or include it later and with an explanation in the first post that warns that, even with that tag, you will not get all the LIs in a game.

On the other hand, that I indicate what I like or dislike isn't synonymous with it being something universal: there will be people who agree and people who don't, but it can helps the Dev to think about possible new routes for the game: The same Giving the option to cut with the girlfriend at the beginning helps to get new players interested in the game.

Also, a game with the harem tag usually calls out players who like that tag. Many (possibly most) don't like to choose between LIs (and I certainly suppose if they have to, the MC's girlfriend is going to lose this war). But otherwise I'm not sure how many will care about the part where the MC loses karma or cheat on the girlfriend. I'm going to assume that that will be less relevant to most and that it's rather something that they aren't going to worry as much as getting all the other LIs. But surely some (certainly I don't know exactly how many) the option of ending the relationship before starting the harem will interest them more than the other. Other, posibly will be happy to can corrupt the MC to have all the other girls (and more if the Dev adds some fetishes like maledom)

Finally, I suppose that following a route where the MC loses karma and becomes "corrupted" will imply that the MC acquires certain fetishes and a certain attitude commensurate with his diminishing morals (something that some players sure enjoy). Possibly not too close to romance. Obviously, I'm not sure how the Dev intends to develop this route, but not including romance in it would be another thing that would imply that, personally, that harem doesn't interest me (but, again it is something personal, I'm sure that much players can find a low morally MC enjoyable, and it isn't an irony).

I entered for the tags harem and romance, which I like (but together). So if the only possible romance is with the girlfriend and avoiding the possibility of harem, then I'm not too attracted.

As side note, I think the "idiot commenters" is an insult to those who give their opinion. It would be nice if you withdraw it.

In addition to being wrong, the best games tend to cater to what their audience wants: including things that will displease those who are going to play (pay or are potential payers) can end with a reduction in income, so they tend to focus on doing what pleases their audience (like anyone who wants to be successful). Sometimes you have to modify your intentions to please your audience and not realizing it can only lead to failure or having to rectify later. Of course, pleasing your audience doesn't mean pleasing all the people, but simply the majority of the players that the game is aimed at.

The important thing for ESM13 is that he thinks about what game he wants, who it's for and that he focuses on doing something that that audience can like. If he needs to modify his initial ideas to make the game more enjoyable for his audience, I recommend that he does so. If the game isn't intended for players like me (who like harem with romance) it's best to make it clear at the beginning and forget about my comments, since it will be clear that they will not serve his purposes. For the rest, if he wants (as is the case) a game that can be harem, it may be interesting to take into account what that audience wants, or at least the part of that audience it's aimed at (not all players will like the same kinds of harem). A harem game with romance isn't the same as one where the MC becomes corrupted and / or corrupts the LIs. There will be players who don't care, but others will prefer one or the other option. It's important to know what his audience likes and act accordingly (however, in any case, if there is a harem, whether with romance or corruption, surely all players will prefer to be able, in one way or another, to get all the LIs). Finally, if the game has harem, the best thing is that at least a good ending includes it.

ESM13

Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
Look, guys, I give it a long hard thought since last night and I can really see that y'all have a point. I decided to give players an option to break up with the girlfriend in v0.2 *If they want to* and if they choose that it will change the result of what was considered bad karma choices before. However, choices that include family members will still be counted as bad karma options and I can't change that no matter how hard I think about it I still see that seeing Incest as bad karma is totally justified. Thank you guys for understanding

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Look, guys, I give it a long hard thought since last night and I can really see that y'all have a point. I decided to give players an option to break up with the girlfriend in v0.2 *If they want to* and if they choose that it will change the result of what was considered bad karma choices before. However, choices that include family members will still be counted as bad karma options and I can't change that no matter how hard I think about it I still see that seeing Incest as bad karma is totally justified. Thank you guys for understanding
Personally, if, because of the way I play, I'm not going to be able to establish a romantic relationship with the MC's sisters or mother, I don't see any reason to use the incest patch. I'd rather say no to the landlady and roommates (who I certainly won't consider family at all), I'll feel better this way.

EDIT: I've changed my mind and I think I'll try using the incest patch anyway.

Last edited:

SasukeSakura2010

Dec 23, 2020
Personally, if, because of the way I play, I'm not going to be able to establish a romantic relationship with the MC's sisters or mother, I don't see any reason to use the incest patch. I'd rather say no to the landlady and roommates (who I certainly won't consider family at all), I'll feel better this way.
whatever you prefer but yea its only 0.1 its his first time im sure no game was great on the first release so wat? just gotta support and help the dev instead of bein negative and bein judgemental u kno? yea we all have different preferences and fetishes and likes and dislikes but think more on the devs point of views instead of ur own maybe things might have a different look and outcome doin that wat do u think?

Reactions: BlasKyau

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
whatever you prefer but yea its only 0.1 its his first time im sure no game was great on the first release so wat? just gotta support and help the dev instead of bein negative and bein judgemental u kno? yea we all have different preferences and fetishes and likes and dislikes but think more on the devs point of views instead of ur own maybe things might have a different look and outcome doin that wat do u think?
I've actually been talking to the developer for the last day.

And I sincerely believe that the game can be to my liking. I have even convinced myself (from my conversation with him) to use the incest patch, which is why that post is "out of date".

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes