kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
Anyone know the mechanics behind the aspect 'Slave Driver'?
According to the wiki it says:

May be assigned a personal slave with Advanced Obedience Training or Obedient. Gains a morale bonus, a number of bonus traits, and assignment buffs depending on the slave's traits and training. Assigned slave is effectively removed from the encampment and you are no longer able to enslave this slaver. (Required Trait(s): Dominant) (Other: This will add a new option under Talk to for you to be able to assign them a slave. If taken by you instead of an assigned slave you will be able to use your Bedwarmers with any form of Submissive on assignments.)

From what I can tell, you assign a slaver a slave and whenever he goes out on missions, he gets not only his traits, but also his assigned slave's traits too, regardless of whether or not those traits are desirable. Is there anything I'm missing here? And what does it even mean by "depending on the slave's training"? Is there any good use to his aspect or is it bad?

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
It's a good aspect, but it's very costly.

You have to train a slave with at least Adv. Obedience training, then assign them to the slaver (or put them as bedwarmers if you have the aspect yourself), and you'll lose use of the slave, but the slaver will "be accompanied by" which kinda performs as if you had sent another slaver with the traits the accompanying slave has.

The easiest way to use it, is to amplify what a slaver already has.
if you have an aggressive slaver good for marauding missions, giving them a slave that would be good for marauding missions makes the slaver "more gooder" at those missions. Conversely since some traits will be negative it's possible to have a slave "round off" the slaver, and bolster areas they are not good in. However, since critical successes are worth so much more than regular successes, you're better off specializing.

Submissive also has "Strict Supervision" which does pretty much the same thing, but requires the slaver to be submissive, and the slave to have Adv. Dom training.
Both are of course also very good on the encampment leader, due to the fact you can have two bedwarmers, and you can switch them out. A couple of slaves used in this fashion will also boost Biomancy or Corruption results.

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
From what I can tell, you assign a slaver a slave and whenever he goes out on missions, he gets not only his traits, but also his assigned slave's traits too, regardless of whether or not those traits are desirable. Is there anything I'm missing here? And what does it even mean by "depending on the slave's training"? Is there any good use to his aspect or is it bad?
It's a good aspect, but it's very costly.
you guys played with slave driver/strict supervisions yet? curious how effective it is compared to the standard Faith builds.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Uh... what is the standard Faith build?
I have played a SD/SS build. I don't think it's worth the effort, even if it is wildly effective for your encampment leader. But in order to get the most events to fire each night, I usually keep the encampment leader in the camp, which limits the amount of usecases for SD/SS.

Reactions: a3on

kinkyshin

Jun 8, 2020
you guys played with slave driver/strict supervisions yet? curious how effective it is compared to the standard Faith builds.
What do you mean by standard Faith build?

As for Slave Driver, I only tested it out a tiny bit, but so far it appears that your slaver gets everything from their assigned slave during assignments. It's not just their traits either, like the description says, but it's also their aspects, their clothes. Even if you gave them the sensitive throat enhancement, which is neither a trait or an aspect, they get that as well.

With that in mind, it seems to be a potentially overpowered aspect from a min/max standpoint, since it would allow a slaver to have 9 different aspects (10 including Slave Driver) and would make it easier to have multiple rare traits. Like if you took a slaver with 2~3 magic traits and an elemental trait, and combined them with a slave with another 2 magic traits and 2 elemental traits, you would suddenly have a slaver with like 4~5 magic traits and 2~4 elemental traits. You would be able to combine armor which gives bonuses on marauding/defending missions, and armor that gives bonuses on seduction/infiltration missions. I'm assuming you can combine a slaver with flying and a slaver with fleet as well, which is what I was originally planning to do when I thought it was just the traits that were used.

From a roleplaying standpoint though, the aspect makes little sense. I really don't understand the developers thought process on this one. I mean, I have a trainer with the 'Dominant' trait (As is required for Slave Driver) and I gave him a slave with the 'Submissive' trait, which makes sense from a realistic/roleplaying point of view right? But the 'Submissive' trait is a disaster on certain slave training assignments, so now that slaver is actually worse off than before lol. To actually make the most of this aspect, I'll have to assign a dominant slaver a slave that isn't submissive, and has mostly the same traits but different aspects. It's just weird. Weird and a lot of work.

I have played a SD/SS build. I don't think it's worth the effort, even if it is wildly effective for your encampment leader. But in order to get the most events to fire each night, I usually keep the encampment leader in the camp, which limits the amount of usecases for SD/SS.
Are there any good events besides your slavers offering to teach another a trait? I usually just fob my slavers off when they approach me since all they ever seem to want is gold or time off lol.

Reactions: a3on

inkyhorn

Dec 20, 2020
Is it possible for a demi-angel to get the corruption magic? Also, is there a guide at all? I´m having fun but I´m overwhelmed too

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
What do you mean by standard Faith build?
oh, i guess i'm being a little bit too vague. most of my highly spec slaver almost always have Dancer aspect accompanied by appropriate faith :
Frostbound Raiders (with ballet of brutality and frozen queen aspect) and the leader of the party usually have unbridled fury for extra bananas. they do well on defending too.
but my personal favorite is my Shallyan/Unseen Loner for diplomacy or individual infiltration assignments. good for exploration too. (Private Dancer + Seven Veils + Shallya or Blinded Lady aspect)

Like if you took a slaver with 2~3 magic traits and an elemental trait, and combined them with a slave with another 2 magic traits and 2 elemental traits, you would suddenly have a slaver with like 4~5 magic traits and 2~4 elemental traits
would this stack with summoner aspect? or things like bisected armor?

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
Is it possible for a demi-angel to get the corruption magic? Also, is there a guide at all? I´m having fun but I´m overwhelmed too
you can get corruption from share the wealth assignment in the city (can be unlocked after selling your first slave princess)
refer to this post : https://f95zone.to/threads/no-haven-v0-945-tf-edition-bedlam-games.9229/post-5318249
Could you reupload it?
better get the regalia version from LD thread. they've fixed most of the UI issues.

Reactions: inkyhorn

inkyhorn

Dec 20, 2020
you can get corruption from share the wealth assignment in the city (can be unlocked after selling your first slave princess)
refer to this post : https://f95zone.to/threads/no-haven-v0-945-tf-edition-bedlam-games.9229/post-5318249

better get the regalia version from LD thread. they've fixed most of the UI issues.
What´s the LD thread?

Also, I don´t think I have ever encountered that assignment... nor I have ever enslaved a princess. Is there a guide or something? Do I have to choose a specific start (scenario ones)?

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
It is technically possible but not practical to have a demi-angel get corruption.
There is a wiki, but no good guides.

And kinkyshin pretty much hits the nail on the head. You can combine everything and get someone with awesome traits/aspects, but that requires having someone with awesome traits/aspects, both for the slaver position and the slave position.
Even with the penalties for having someone submissive assigned. (Although they don't actually need to be submissive to have Adv. Obed it just usually happens.)

Isn't giving a flying slaver fleet through that Ever Forest assignment easier than trying to train a new slave and give them that?

As for events: The letter from Ensnared Rose only seems to pop up if I'm in the encampment at the right time, that or I just have a habit of missing it (while doing things) if there is no such requirement. And Hypnotic triggers don't progress/regress if you're not in the encampment, including the ones assigned by a hyp/dom crit on a slave training assignment.
Most of the "Slaver contacts you" events are annoying, and there are a few other "talk to" events which don't seem to do much. But combined with having to do less mental arithmetic to keep the slavers assigned (Can't assign when you're not home and there's no plans), alongside the inability to assign slavers to things they don't really want to do if you're not there to persuade them (like Pillow Talk, and other similar assignments). I find that just staying home and managing things is easier then trying to take advantage of the encampment leaders traits/aspects.

Last edited:

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Very low chance of them having it inherently, ways to acquire it requires a high amount of RNG fiddling or turns them into not-demiangels.
Off the top of my head the only two ways I can recall for sure gives (M:Co) is a corruption event, or the event in the mountains to turn a slave into a succubus.

inkyhorn

Dec 20, 2020
Very low chance of them having it inherently, ways to acquire it requires a high amount of RNG fiddling or turns them into not-demiangels.
Off the top of my head the only two ways I can recall for sure gives (M:Co) is a corruption event, or the event in the mountains to turn a slave into a succubus.
How do I turn into not a demi, thus a fallen?

Aug 10, 2019
oh, i guess i'm being a little bit too vague. most of my highly spec slaver almost always have Dancer aspect accompanied by appropriate faith :
But why use it? Isn't it much more useful to have a slave-breaker who can break anyone + do biomancy to fix defects?
If you stack all the traits/aspects useful for obedience training, you're going to stop wasting so much time.

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
But why use it? Isn't it much more useful to have a slave-breaker who can break anyone + do biomancy to fix defects?
If you stack all the traits/aspects useful for obedience training, you're going to stop wasting so much time.
private dancer is totally useful for that. very versatile despite being a loner

3.90 star(s) 20 Votes