Chuggn

Jun 20, 2019
I'm an active member of F95 for about 2 years now and have read over 100 novels. 'On Distant Shores' is the first one i solely read because of the writing, the story-telling, the characters, the love for detail and everything else it has to offer.
This is also the first comment I ever posted, as I never felt the need to write one in the first place.
To put it in a nutshell, this novel gives me goosebumps in every way possible. Especially v0.9 and the conversation with Order was brilliant. Even little details like the poem from Audrey still bring tears to my eyes. Everything feels so real, as if the author knows more about humanity than I or most of the readers could fathom.
Thank you for openly providing access to this masterpiece and I beg you to never stop creating art like this. Yes, it is art.

MJB

Jan 10, 2020
I'm an active member of F95 for about 2 years now and have read over 100 novels. 'On Distant Shores' is the first one i solely read because of the writing, the story-telling, the characters, the love for detail and everything else it has to offer.
This is also the first comment I ever posted, as I never felt the need to write one in the first place.
To put it in a nutshell, this novel gives me goosebumps in every way possible. Especially v0.9 and the conversation with Order was brilliant. Even little details like the poem from Audrey still bring tears to my eyes. Everything feels so real, as if the author knows more about humanity than I or most of the readers could fathom.
Thank you for openly providing access to this masterpiece and I beg you to never stop creating art like this. Yes, it is art.
Ya, it really is that good. The writing, art and coding are among the best I've seen here.

Blades4119

Jul 9, 2021
Getting an error when I try to leave the apartment:

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'day31_select_door'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "door.rpyc", line 12, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1757, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'day31_select_door'.
I've just received the same error and the only options for it are to roll back or quit.... Hopefully, this gets corrected with a patch or hotfix and is eliminated in the next version of the game.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I've just received the same error and the only options for it are to roll back or quit.... Hopefully, this gets corrected with a patch or hotfix and is eliminated in the next version of the game.
Just up this same page, the dev already commented that you don't need to click on the door because there are no events for it. (I assume its interactivity will be removed for next release.) You should be able to continue by clicking on the laptop and then exiting. In my own playthrough, I used the laptop first and then the phone. I thought I might have messed up the ability to move on, but I tried the laptop again and then clicked on every option there — doing a web meeting, using Snapgram, etc. When I finished and then exiting the laptop screen, text resumed, saying the MC would continue (instead of staying in the apartment). Maybe that will work for you; just avoid clicking the door.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
There are duties suddenly dawned on MC to keep him busy and on his toes, away from the abyss.
This is the one advantage that took him countless deaths to master:
keeping himself busy and letting go of his terminal fate he has no control over.

greggus

Jul 18, 2017
Well.
Excellent animation - rarely creators care for animating whole bodies both.
Caring for details - also rarely seen.
And story...
A'm no a fan for incest, bsdm, or daddy issue. But bloody hell - the story.
I almost quit few time on the beggining but now i want more and become addicted.
Very good story, and good, logical cosmology.
I place this among best titles here. Congrats to Dev.

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I am posting 0.9a to F95 here in just a moment. It fixes two bugs. The door issue on Day 31 and more importantly a relationship variable that needs to be set. You may not need this update. Read the changelog at your convenience to determine if it affects you.

baconsmoke

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
There have been some very kind words said in the forum. I never know how to react to them. I really want to reply but I am always confused as to what I should say. I want to let you know I appreciate your praise. Honestly I don't deserve it, but it does help me feel that all the work I put into this is worth it. I don't mean to be so awkward. Taking compliments is something I'm working on. But I want to thank you.

greggus

Jul 18, 2017
It is worth it and you deserve it :)
This work is one of rare diamonds among multiple fuckfest, fapping contests with almost no story and no logic.
You, sir, are a storyteller. I put you game next to love of magic, intoxicating flavor, reluctant archon and few others, where author making smt more than just couple of images with naked women for profit.

p.s. Yes, im biased. I love stories with powerfull mc, like in erickson malaz - let's kill a god in tome 1, and start escalate from here.

faradhii

Sep 8, 2019
I agree with Greggus above. I'm much more into story driven games than fappers, this one deserves it's plave with Love of Magic, Leap of Faith, Once in a lifetime and Eternum, etc. Hell, this game is one of the very few I've actually reviewed.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Taking compliments is something I'm working on.
Something I understand far too well but I agree with the others; the praise is well deserved.

Even when when some of us :whistle: derail the thread by....debating....the nuances of tag definitions or the suitability of an LI, it is because we are invested in the story and looking forward to more.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
Wow. It's well written. I'm here for the story more than the action. There is only a handful well written VN here
Since its 0.9 are nearing the end or there is still way more chapters?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
do-1.jpg

MC: MAn up and go for the right thing to do.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
MC. Luckily for me tho, I am already paying in countless painful deaths and putting up with the beast in me.

Last edited:

stahalle

Engaged Member
Jul 11, 2018
so if i don´t go to the pool the sarah route closed? what a shame. im a selfish guy so no sharing my goods. you could have given her 2 routes. i mean if you watch her first scene she says she would go monogamous for mc why not give her a not sharing route in the first place? but i guess that would be to much work for 1 character.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
MC cannot be picky about his babes and that particular babe is not looking for commitment.
She even talks about a future, should her mind ever get straight. Right now she just shags a lot.

TM REDUX

Dec 14, 2021
Man Lilly is my favorite character model, but I can't square her decisions with a relationship so I was forced to reject her, and then I get some evil thing possessing her, which is going to try to screw me over... So its either fall in love with a slut who treated me like shit, while knowing that I liked her, or get fucked over by some mystical evil entity. WTF.

Reactions: TheSmoothCriminal
4.30 star(s) 76 Votes