Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018
It appeals to a broad crowd.
I think your 1 star review would be quite welcome, since the developer can only grow if he gets constructive criticism.
IMO, a "1 star" should be reserved for games that are a buggy unplayable mess. Is the game a written masterpiece? Absolutely not. But it is by no means a 1 star game. Legit criticism is always welcome. But don't muddy it with an automatic 1 star when again IMO a 1 star should only be reserved for a buggy unplayable mess. Even with the terrible story the game is playable and enjoyable for what it delivers.

Reactions: haooni

Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
IMO, a "1 star" should be reserved for games that are a buggy unplayable mess. Is the game a written masterpiece? Absolutely not. But it is by no means a 1 star game. Legit criticism is always welcome. But don't muddy it with an automatic 1 star when again IMO a 1 star should only be reserved for a buggy unplayable mess. Even with the terrible story the game is playable and enjoyable for what it delivers.
Not necessarily. Maybe a game is hastly made with terrible lazy everything from the models to the concept, nonsensical, mispelled, extremely short, but everything works. I can think at least of one game like this.

Construct

Oct 31, 2018
I assumed that the poster has a very high standard. If that is true and Once in a lifetime is a 1 star game, in other words the bottom of the barrel, for them, then I also assume that they rarely give out 5 star reviews, since OiaLt is everything but the worst of the worst.
I myself think that this game deserves a 5 star review as it is absolutely to my tastes, such that I can see past the more obvious flaws and can still get lost in it.
In my opinion, they still made some good points that certainly can be improved upon.

dkabal

Feb 28, 2021
View attachment 1075367

Overview:
You live in Mistbury, an apparently normal town where you live an apparently normal life with your family. However, you'll soon discover that this place hides some deep dark secrets and things can heat up very fast...

From infiltrating into a prison, to exploring mysterious mansions and traveling to the other side of the world: embark on an adventure of conspiracies, meeting bizarre characters, living unique experiencies, seducing gorgeous girls and, if there's time, saving the world.

If Astaroth seizes power, it will be the end for all of us.
Only you can stop him.
Esse est deus.

Thread Updated: 2021-06-19
Release Date: 2021-06-19
Developer: Caribdis - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 1.0
Language: English
Other Games: Eternum
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - - -
Mac:
MEGA - - - -
Android:
- - -
Others:
COMPRESSED* - ANDROID*

Patches: *

Extras: Walkthrough Mod - Walkthrough - Gallery Unlocker Mod

assman1337 thanks for the link
*This unofficial port/version/patch was not made by the developer. Use at your own risk.

View attachment 1069020 View attachment 1069019 View attachment 632575 View attachment 411004 View attachment 632574 View attachment 632576 View attachment 632577 View attachment 708829 View attachment 756373 View attachment 632582 View attachment 632583 View attachment 960900 View attachment 960896 View attachment 960890 View attachment 960891 View attachment 960892 View attachment 1069044 View attachment 1069036
This easily one of the bests I've ever played. Very good Caribdis

Neoempiricist

Oct 23, 2020
I have replayed the entire story following its completion and have enjoyed it thoroughly. In the context in which it sits, i.e. an uncensored visual novel with adult content (?? OK, that is a somewhat anodyne descriptor of the genre), this is in my opinion one of the best. How am I qualified to venture such an opinion? Well, no more or less than any other contributor to this forum. I have downloaded in excess of 300 VNs from this site, Itchio, SubscribeStar and Patreon – together with all relevant mods, whether I have chosen to use them or not – so, if volume is any indicator and I do NOT subscribe to that opinion, I have relevant experience here. I am, amongst other things, a novelist, but am not comparing the script to a traditional novel as it does not aspire to be that. The relationship between the MC and the girls, especially siblings Lauren and Judy, was sweet, enchanting and a magnet for my interest. Like most players of this VN, I became emotionally invested in the girls – as always, the MC is a host for the player whose choices drive the plot. Hey, it is good to return to one’s long-forgotten primal adolescent urges before age levels us all!

So, this story is not deep, VNs never are, but this is more developed than most. There is considerable humour, much communicated through glances, the carnal intimacies are HOT, the moments of horror an homage to several classic horror themes, and it is FUN. I am not going to discover the great truths of the world – for that, I turn to mathematics, theoretical physics and philosophy, in all of which I have an academic background (yeah, renaissance man) – but for solitary sofa-relaxation which is a little less passive than watching any one of the myriad streaming services to which we are all subscribed, this is very enjoyable.

I recommend this. (Is that even a thing?)

Garen

May 6, 2017
Thanks for the great game. I had a great time playing it and it was a pleasant surprise to see a story land its ending pretty nicely.
The girls and the dialogue interwoven with comedic moments were my favourite parts of this journey.

Reactions: Caribdis

mibgd6

Oct 12, 2021
fantastic game! I've played 80%, wonderful character and good story.
btw, in the scene of man's public bath, when Yuqing Fei's Yijianmei comes out, I should say : bengbuzhule hhhh

• Haha
Reactions: Dunner and Caribdis
4.80 star(s) 925 Votes