3.70 star(s) 20 Votes

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I feel that MC either didn't want to off him, MC knew he'd need the guy later, or out of concern for Jess, wasn't thinking things all the way through at that point and time since even though he's been in war, he hasn't had to worry about the one he loves being in danger, so his mind may not be thinking things through.
There were how many cells in that place? Lock him up. I get maybe he wasn't thinking things through but paranoia should also be on the high considering what Lamar had just tried to do.

Still it does offer a bit of reasoning. We'll go with the horror cliche. :p

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
It might have been short but it sure as hell was tense, but I'm in favour of throwing Diana into the zombies I wouldn't normally go for that move but she is not to be trusted one bit better her than one of the girls that we have along with us.

Reactions: E.l.l.0

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
Respectfully, to each their own. It's hard to appreciate the tension when you accidently blink, and the update is over.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still on board. Still enjoying the story. I just hope the next update has MUCH more meat on the bone.

K18

Apr 19, 2018
While short, the story is consistent. So, that escalated quickly with Diana. What ulterior motive does she have? Poor Jake, didn't expect that, well not like that, i had different idea for him which isn't better. Yes i envisioned Jake making a heroic sacrifice saving the MC and group and gets zombified and killed so i can have Zoe to myself i mean... so MC and Zoe might hook up later :whistle:. A scenario where MC and Zoe get separated from the rest of the girls for a period of time and they bond together while trying to survive.

The Reaper reminds me of movies with the "friend you thought was dead, but is alive and working for the villain and holds an unjustified grudge against the hero". Can't think of any specific movies.

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I assume reaper got tortured a lot. Broke his mind and in his broken state he latched onto something to stay sane-ish. He assumed his friend had abandoned him. Maybe he even knows deep down it didn't happen that way but he had to hold on to something to get him through hell, and hate and anger are easier to grab onto...especially for warriors...than hope and faith.

As for the Ex...I assume at this point she's just a flat out sociopath. That word is used as if it's synonymous with psychopath, but it's not. A sociopath...in simple terms...is a person who is incapable of empathizing with others. They don't even see other people as 'people'. To a sociopath everyone around them....even their own children...has about as much value as an NPC in a videogame. You may get more attached to some NPCs than others but at the end of the night you can still detlete them all without losing sleep over it.

To a sociopath your worth is determined by how you make them feel. If you please them, and they enjoy your company they can be very loyal and devoted and passionate....right up until you no longer amuse them. Or until someone new makes them feel even better. The only restraint on a sociopath's behavior is what calculation they reach when they perform a risk-reward analysis. High functioning sociopaths are the ones who are better at anticipating how others will react to their behavior and factoring that into their risk-reward analysis. That also makes them the most manipulative and cunning.

That lack of empathy certainly explains why she cheated....the same way we as H-Gamers often take cheating paths with every available NPC even if we genuinely like the romance path with one particular NPC. She didn't think she would get caught, so why not enjoy a thrill with some other guy and then go back to her "Romance Storyline" with the MC as if nothing happened?

That same lack of empathy explains why she would work for the kind of people who create zombie experiments. She's the kind of person they NEED. No moral conflicts. It also explains why she would not hesitate to sacrifice her own cousin if she thought it would get her the MC back. Sociopaths HATE losing. They can and will go to extreme lengths to win back a lover they lost...and then go right back to screwing around on them if they believe they can do so without getting caught again. Or if they enjoy the dance of losing their lover and then winning them back again and again. It just depends on what kind of thrill, excitement, or satisfaction the sociopath is getting from the experience. Because at the end of the day even the lover is just an NPC. Just because that lover is their favorite NPC doesn't mean they're not still an NPC.

If Diane places greater value in how the MC makes her feel than on how the cousin makes her feel well...sorry, not sorry Zoey. So I imagine Diane got recruited to work for the evil overlords at least in part because of her amorality, and perhaps she went off reservation a little bit when she got to figuring that she could kill two birds. Get her favorite NPC back, and give her bosses a bunch of healthy young test subjects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drafox

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
3 month for that? No choice nothing ... just some quite dumb horror stuff and a war flashback - AND A LOT black screens without renders and just text.

Sorry but that is nothing. The start were quite good, but then the game run all over the place. But maybe it is just me, because I dont like horror. This would be ok when this would be a 1/2 month update cycle ... (I dont know if there were any personal problems or stuff)

GM Studios

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2018
3 month for that? No choice nothing ... just some quite dumb horror stuff and a war flashback - AND A LOT black screens without renders and just text.

Sorry but that is nothing. The start were quite good, but then the game run all over the place. But maybe it is just me, because I dont like horror. This would be ok when this would be a 1/2 month update cycle ... (I dont know if there were any personal problems or stuff)
part 2 will have all that stuff if you look back I said I was going through some personal stuff and i wasnt gonna meet the due date so instead of delating it I broke it down to 2 parts

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
part 2 will have all that stuff if you look back I said I was going through some personal stuff and i wasnt gonna meet the due date so instead of delating it I broke it down to 2 parts
Ok - thats why I added that part because I didnt knew that.... but still - there are a lot of black screens in this ^^

Darth Sidious

The Senate & Emperor of the First Galactic Empire
Donor
Sep 24, 2017
Ok - thats why I added that part because I didnt knew that.... but still - there are a lot of black screens in this ^^
Life is full of black screens too, it's how memory skips all the boring parts that happen in life :D

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
I feel that MC either didn't want to off him, MC knew he'd need the guy later, or out of concern for Jess, wasn't thinking things all the way through at that point and time since even though he's been in war, he hasn't had to worry about the one he loves being in danger, so his mind may not be thinking things through.
No. Gotta be honest. The old "let's leave the bad guy unconscious and unattended" cliché would be jarring even if the MC was some useless panicky civilian, let alone efficient, badass MC.
And it didn't need to happen. It can be solved easily right now without any new renders, even. Instead of "We need to keep looking for Jess, leave him here." He can say something like "I'm going to zip his hands and feet tight. Help me drag him into one of the cells."
And then, when Reaper reappears, we the players can figure out by ourselves that Diana just freed him.

GM Studios

Game Developer
Nov 29, 2018
No. Gotta be honest. The old "let's leave the bad guy unconscious and unattended" cliché would be jarring even if the MC was some useless panicky civilian, let alone efficient, badass MC.
And it didn't need to happen. It can be solved easily right now without any new renders, even. Instead of "We need to keep looking for Jess, leave him here." He can say something like "I'm going to zip his hands and feet tight. Help me drag him into one of the cells."
And then, when Reaper reappears, we the players can figure out by ourselves that Diana just freed him.
the way i saw it as i was writing the script, Lamar was like his brother who he thought he was dead when he knocked him out and didnt do anything about it, it was the MC's way of giving him a warning to back off and leave as soon as he was up, if he didnt then the next outcome would be alot different.

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
the way i saw it as i was writing the script, Lamar was like his brother who he thought he was dead when he knocked him out and didnt do anything about it, it was the MC's way of giving him a warning to back off and leave as soon as he was up, if he didnt then the next outcome would be alot different.
But Reaper had been literally kidnapping and murdering people. Seconds ago, he had tried to literally kill the MC. He wasn't some drunk that needed to relax. Or some rando who would be easily scared away with one punch.
If the MC thought that the warning was anywhere near enough to get rid of him, then the MC is sort of a moron. And the two girls who didn't disagree with him aren't that bright either. Which is fine, you can have a protagonist who is dumb and has no concept of thinking ahead... it just needs to be established that he's like that before.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
But Reaper had been literally kidnapping and murdering people. Seconds ago, he had tried to literally kill the MC. He wasn't some drunk that needed to relax. Or some rando who would be easily scared away with one punch.
If the MC thought that the warning was anywhere near enough to get rid of him, then the MC is sort of a moron. And the two girls who didn't disagree with him aren't that bright either. Which is fine, you can have a protagonist who is dumb and has no concept of thinking ahead... it just needs to be established that he's like that before.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's thought about this.

Reminds me of the guy in days gone in the quest chain "how did he survive?" Taylor I think his name was. In this case, the MC has been in combat but managed to survive, even though we can see he's a moron with decisions.

3.70 star(s) 20 Votes