Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I enjoyed reading the dialogue so much, the MC's comments seem to contain a queer sense of humour (e.g. At least one of us is trying to get me laid) and a calm and gentle sort of sharpeness (e.g. but you of all people should know showing affection doesn't come easy to some), these together puts my mind at ease somehow.
Can anyone point me to some key words if I wish to find writing of similar styles? Or even better recommend some novels? Many thanks.
My knowledge of adult visual novels and games isn't as extensive as some and I'm limited to English as that's the only language I'm proficient enough in to discern good writing from bad. That said, I've read a few dozen of these novels over the last few years, of which few have good writing and most range from not good to awful. None that I've found are in any way comparable to Pale Carnations. TD is a fluke, an aberration in the world of adult visual novel writers. Also, I've no experience with traditional erotic literature like might be found in a middle-aged woman's nightstand, but I suspect the writing of some of those might rival Pale Carnations. Though, the topics and sex in those are probably more vanilla and cater to a different audience.

My two favorite runners-up to Pale Carnations are Deviant Anomalies and Desert Stalker, but again these aren't in the same class as Pale Carnations. Neither of them have the same level of protagonist introspection, nor are they pure visual novels.

Last edited:

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
LOL, I just saw a user in another thread whose signature is just "Pale Carnations is garbage NTR". Kinda sad to focus like that on something you hate rather than something you like, but I guess not everyone's got a lot going on in their lives. Still, as a dev I'd be rather proud at being able to get under someone's skin to such an extent! :D

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
LOL, I just saw a user in another thread whose signature is just "Pale Carnations is garbage NTR". Kinda sad to focus like that on something you hate rather than something you like, but I guess not everyone's got a lot going on in their lives. Still, as a dev I'd be rather proud at being able to get under someone's skin to such an extent! :D
Maybe the person is an avid NTR fan and is dissatisfied by the lack of quality NTR. :unsure::):):)

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I enjoyed reading the dialogue so much, the MC's comments seem to contain a queer sense of humour (e.g. At least one of us is trying to get me laid) and a calm and gentle sort of sharpeness (e.g. but you of all people should know showing affection doesn't come easy to some), these together puts my mind at ease somehow.
Can anyone point me to some key words if I wish to find writing of similar styles? Or even better recommend some novels? Many thanks.
Bill Temples recommendation of Desert Stalker is a good one, very strong post-apocalyptic worldbuilding, can't say much about the other game, haven't played it to a great extend. I think one can safely recommened also Nothing Is Forever and Our Red String which both do a really good job in building the relationships between the NPCs in a realistic, believeable way with dialogues which are usually spot-on. But they are not so much on the humourous side.
If you like ('queer') humour i would like to point you also towards Spacecorps XXX, which i personally enjoy alot, despite being a heterosexual man. So if you are looking for authors, who are able to occasionally push you out of your comfort zone, you could look there.
However, enough cross-promoting, the truth is, you will have a relatively hard time to find authors on par with TD1900 (at least on the AVN front), because TD1900 is able not only to write witty dialogs, to build a compelling world, to create both hateable and loveable characters, but also to avoid nearly completely any filler content.
Is it called delusional if you see things that may not be there? Because after playing PC i do believe, there is almost no sentence, dia- or monolog or description which doesn't serve a purpose storywise. And this author made me believe.

Last edited:

yanjiejiu

Jul 14, 2019
My knowledge of adult visual novels and games isn't as extensive as some and I'm limited to English as that's the only language I'm proficient enough in to discern good writing from bad. That said, I've read a few dozen of these novels over the last few years, of which few have good writing and most range from not good to awful. None that I've found are in any way comparable to Pale Carnations. TD is a fluke, an aberration in the world of adult visual novel writers. Also, I've no experience with traditional erotic literature like might be found in a middle-aged woman's nightstand, but I suspect the writing of some of those might rival Pale Carnations. Though, the topics and sex in those are probably more vanilla and cater to a different audience.

My two favorite runners-up to Pale Carnations are Deviant Anomalies and Desert Stalker, but again these aren't in the same class as Pale Carnations. Neither of them have the same level of protagonist introspection, nor are they pure visual novels.
Thank you! Note to self - Deviant Anomalies, Desert Stalker and middle-aged woman's night stand.

If you like ('queer') humour i would like to point you also towards Spacecorps XXX, which i personally enjoy alot, despite being a heterosexual man. So if you are looking for authors, who are able to occasionally push you out of your comfort zone, you could look there.
I guess by 'queer' I really meant that I couldn't put finger on what sort of humor that is, being an ESL didn't help me and, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure how to describe it in my first language.

Is it called delusional if you see things that may not be there? Because after playing PC i do believe, there is almost no sentence, dia- or monolog or description which doesn't serve a purpose storywise
I get some similar sense when reading the dialogue - It reminds me of sometimes when therapists coax along their patients by simply echoing their last sentence, and how in sharp contrast that is to how the MC responds to and cares for his friends' confidence, without limiting himself to a 'neutral stand' and the conversation a tedious exchange of concerns. I find this enormously charming.
Thanks for the recommendation, will try.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
I guess by 'queer' I really meant that I couldn't put finger on what sort of humor that is, being an ESL didn't help me and, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure how to describe it in my first language.
The example you provided might be called "dry humor".
In modern American English, the connection between "queer" and the words "homosexual" or "non-heterosexual" has become so strong that many people assume those are the only uses of the word.

• Haha
Reactions: yanjiejiu

yanjiejiu

Jul 14, 2019
The example you provided might be called "dry humor".
In modern American English, the connection between "queer" and the words "homosexual" or "non-heterosexual" has become so strong that many people assume those are the only uses of the word.
Ah ok, thanks for pointing out and saving me from misusing the word elsewhere:ROFLMAO:

blackangel199

Dec 11, 2019
Pale Carnations [CH3UP4- Public] WT Mod (LunarMist & seigram )

Updated seigram's Pale Carnations Mod to CH3UP4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here Linked is a Walkthrough By MrBubu for getting various paths and scenes
WalkThroughByMrBubu

For all those people whose game are crashing in the gallery, just delete "extras.rpy" which used to be an gallery unlocker from seigram that I forgot to delete.

If anyone has any Problems with the Mod feel free to Message Me
I have reduced the BB Code(color)usage for CircleJerker (Hope your eyes are not bleeding:p)

Download: - WorkUpload - PixelDrain -
anyone got the link for mod chapter 3 update 3 ? thanks a lot

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Yes, although i am old enough to still remember that 'queer' originally meant 'odd', 'weird' and 'quirky', those meanings are quickly becoming obsolete.
The reasons why i recommended Spacecorps were primarily because first it is a parody of Starship Troopers, which is an all-time favourite movie of me, secondly it really fits 'queer' both in the old and new sense, third it is really funny and most importantly it shares in my opinion the fate of Pale Carnation to be prematurely dismissed by people who assume they are not into this kind of stuff those two games offer.
And at least for PC we know that is a huge mistake.
The charm of Spacecorps is in my book that everything (AIs, robots, furrys, aliens, demons and humans) can fuck everyone in nearly everyway possible. You can play as a straight, a gay, a bisexual and bicurious guy. I found by playing a strictly straight guy i missed out on too many funny encounters, so i decided for a bicurious and trans-/futa on female route, despite not overly being into that.
Much like Pale Carnation, this game was able to pull me out of my comfort zone and i don't regret it.
Since i consider my fellow PC thread pervs to be people of taste and culture it is always my pleasure to share new mind-tingling delicacies with them (although you often don't seem to be as excited about them as i am, which is fair).
;)

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
Yes, although i am old enough to still remember that 'queer' originally meant 'odd', 'weird' and 'quirky', those meanings are quickly becoming obsolete.
The reasons why i recommended Spacecorps were primarily because first it is a parody of Starship Troopers, which is an all-time favourite movie of me, secondly it really fits 'queer' both in the old and new sense, third it is really funny and most importantly it shares in my opinion the fate of Pale Carnation to be prematurely dismissed by people who assume they are not into this kind of stuff those two games offer.
And at least for PC we know that is a huge mistake.
The charm of Spacecorps is in my book that everything (AIs, robots, furrys, aliens, demons and humans) can fuck everyone in nearly everyway possible. You can play as a straight, a gay, a bisexual and bicurious guy. I found by playing a strictly straight guy i missed out on too many funny encounters, so i decided for a bicurious and trans-/futa on female route, despite not overly being into that.
Much like Pale Carnation, this game was able to pull me out of my comfort zone and i don't regret it.
Since i consider my fellow PC thread pervs to be people of taste and culture it is always my pleasure to share new mind-tingling delicacies with them (although you often don't seem to be as excited about them as i am, which is fair).
;)
Well said! Spacecorps is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me. It's completely over the top most of the time, both in story and sex scenes, but it is very well made, indeed funny, and still has some smoking hot scenes.

• Red Heart
Reactions: selberdreher

frotag

Aug 16, 2017
Tell me please: is there working gallery unlocker? I was searching, but can't find it :cry:
- Open game/extras.rpy in a text editor.
- Write down all the keys in sceneGalleryList (eg persistent.minaFeliciaKissGallery -> minaFeliciaKissGallery)
I used regexr.com with the pattern \[persistent\.(.*?), and the output pattern '$1',
- Enable the REPL console using UnRen.
- Type in something like this:
keys = ['minaFeliciaKissGallery', ...]
for k in keys: setattr(persistent, k, True)
renpy.save_persistent()

There's probably an easier way but idk how renpy works.

Last edited:
Reactions: slobb
Oct 8, 2018
Maybe the person is an avid NTR fan and is dissatisfied by the lack of quality NTR. :unsure::):):)
It's almost as if there is an entire section of tags for every game that specifies what kind of content is in said game. And to be so fervently upset over a game that has no ntr tag is strange, right? :unsure::unsure::)

OnlyMeme

Mar 31, 2018
Are there any other games that has a tall amazon girl like Veronica as part of the main cast? I really like Veronica's character design.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
Are there any other games that has a tall amazon girl like Veronica as part of the main cast? I really like Veronica's character design.
A House in the Rift has a large, boisterous pirate captain who is brought to the house early, and later a mild-mannered orc woman.
Oppai Odyssey has a giant dragonkin Queen, Zara. While she isn't exactly part of the main cast, there are a few scenes with her. As a rule, I'm not into large girls (real or fictional) nor into non-humans (real or fictional), but somehow Zara is the exception to my rule.

Reactions: OnlyMeme

OnlyMeme

Mar 31, 2018
A House in the Rift has a large, boisterous pirate captain who is brought to the house early, and later a mild-mannered orc woman.
Oppai Odyssey has a giant dragonkin Queen, Zara. While she isn't exactly part of the main cast, there are a few scenes with her. As a rule, I'm not into large girls (real or fictional) nor into non-humans (real or fictional), but somehow Zara is the exception to my rule.
I played house in the rift for a fair time and the pirate is alright but not as good as Veronica here. I don't like orcs lol. I haven't played Oppai Odyssey yet but will try in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion.

Aug 15, 2021
This is the one perfect game for me really. Only wish its on steam for me to pay for it.
I believe honey select games cannot be on steam because of copyright issues. Its a shame because I personally would have preferred to get this (and a couple of other HS games I really like) on steam as well. Do consider supporting on patreon if you can - I think the game is worth supporting. The devs have a strong vision for the game and I feel like they put in a lot of work.

yngve

Oct 28, 2018
Man, it feels kinda good to use abuse the characters but as the story progresses and you get to know them they kinda grow on you and suddenly you feel a bit of guilt about further doing it as the game demands.
you kind of can do the job whitout being an asshole with women (didn't finished to play last update tho)

anyway my 2 paths to follow so far are fucking/not fucking the ''ex'' of my bro (...''cannonically'' I didn't ofc... is just that that blondie's ass...:ROFLMAO:), and go only after hannah and felicia cause the other 2 girls led to shit that's not for me at all (veronica's path -altough I like her- seems to lead to either to trying to take something from a girl that is mainly lesbian or something that seems trans fantasy/humilliation to the mc, and the other girl -which I definitelly got to help economically- leads to some ''fuck my own mother'' weird shit, so fuck no)

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes