Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Is this game good despite the mid-low tier graphics?
Pardon me, but are you joking? These are not low tier graphics, quite the contrary! What do you consider high tier then, but beside that, PC has one of the best stories to tell on the whole site! Dark at times, with several fetishes displayed, but great world building done. And with choices which mean something over the run of the game. There are several reason Pale Carnations is among the top tiered games on site!

McGreed

Apr 17, 2019
Mid-low tier graphics?We're talking about different games, right?
This will be just my opinion, but I can confidently state that Pale Carnations has one of the most beautiful and detailed graphics and renders among all HoneySelect games I've played.
If you aren't sure if this game is good, just check its reviews.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Well some of us aren't d-bags ike that either, sooo.. Just saying.. :LOL:
Head pats after the pee pee? :D That way you don't have to wash your shirt, unless you like the smell of piss. :unsure: Anyways, Kathleen was getting downright nasty (emotionally) with Rosalind, if anyone also deserves a hug it's her.

Last edited:

Micsammi

Sep 2, 2022
Pardon me, but are you joking? These are not low tier graphics, quite the contrary! What do you consider high tier then, but beside that, PC has one of the best stories to tell on the whole site! Dark at times, with several fetishes displayed, but great world building done. And with choices which mean something over the run of the game. There are several reason Pale Carnations is among the top tiered games on site!
only can agree to that. best H(?) game i played so far

Sep 26, 2021
Tangentially related to the graphics discussion:

I think Pale Carnations does a really good job of /not/ looking like an asset flip. I've seen a lot of Honeyselect VNs that use the same character model settings or the same environments as each other. I don't own either of the Honeyselect games, but I assume these are all prefab characters and environments that several VN devs are using. Trouble is a lot of devs don't seem to bother changing much of anything about the prefabs. It breaks the immersion really badly when I know I've seen this room five times already, or that I've seen that exact girl with a different hair color somewhere before. Even some of the better looking Honeyselect VNs like Eternum suffer from this a little, but I almost never feel like I've seen part of Pale Carnations somewhere else before.

The only thing is that I've seen several variations on Dr. Chuck in other VNs that all look very similar, although Pale Carnations' Dr. Chuck is by far the coldest, meanest looking one out of all of them.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
There are better looking single CGIs out there, but that's only because of the limitations of a mediocre engine.
GIL3D is able to spin gold from straw, i haven't seen HoneySelect used in a better way yet. I don't know on which qualities you base your judgement of graphics in a game, but i believe comparing a single screenshot to another falls flat in a VN.
As soon as you incorporate factors like storyboarding, posing, framing, camera direction, facial expressions, background details and character designs, which are all absolutely essential in a Visual Novel, there are in fact very, very few games which can hold a candle to Pale Carnations. Perhaps your personal taste made you believe that any HoneySelect based CGI can never be above mid-low tier, graphics wise, but i bet you will be surprised what is possible to pull off with this engine, if used by capable hands. So your (premature, since you obviously haven't played it yet) question can come across a bit insulting.

And to finally answer your question, despite the far better than average (compared to the competition) graphics, this is a very good game, certainly one of the best.

Zarathos27

Apr 9, 2020
On the graphics comment. Animation also comes to mind. Can't think of any other out there that has
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
These examples and more in game, with the finesse of not having the very obvious looping pause that MANY MANY other games have.

bestofalltime123

May 16, 2019
You are either trolling or never played a game made with Honey Select before. Pale Carnations has the best animations among all HS games i played in this forum.
I played a few honey select games before and the graphics are nowhere near the level of daz 3d or blender animations.
Compare this games graphics to the genesis orders'

ramiurga

Feb 9, 2020
I played a few honey select games before and the graphics are nowhere near the level of daz 3d or blender animations.
Compare this games graphics to the genesis orders'
The genesis order's graphics are indeed technically very well executed, but to me the renders and animations are "plastic" (more like a 10-years old guy's wet dreams) and don't arouse any excitement at all as PC does. GO is fun though, but PC is outstanding!

Last edited:

browse_man

Jan 2, 2019
No one asked, but I just finished playing, and HOLY SHIT what a ride. Didn't expect anything to compete with Caribdis' games but here I am. Fantastic writing and renders, far and away the best HS1 game out there. Didn't make my skin crawl as much as Our Red String, but its definitely up there.

10/10, while I still (very marginally) prefer Eternum, PC definitely deserves the #1 spot rn.

Also, while Hana best girl, Felicia is the hottest :p

spitfire335

Jun 12, 2017
This *entirely small update, which is currently up to like 50 animations, constitutes the Sunday after the exhibition.

...so 1 day. :KEK:
I know people have their favorite waifus, but I just want the mc to grab Kathleen and make out with her. She’s sexy, evil, and rather cold with her intelligence standing out from among the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Indium

Jan 6, 2020
Sorry if this has been asked before. Is there any place where I can view specifically the game's transition images? Thanks.

4.90 star(s) 477 Votes