YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
Did anyone else notice this?
(check the arrows I made)

View attachment 2978940

If I were MC, I'd mind my own business and keep my head down (the less you know...) :whistle:
Based on current MC placement in the Club, I don't think we really have much to fear, as MC is given an incredible amount of autonomy and influence, even more than Ian has. Clearly, TD is telling us that there is a danger, but I feel that this won't manifest until an endgame decision (a la "join the Dark Side or fight and probably die by the Sith"), which will likely involve betraying or fully embracing the Club. Learning what happened to the predecessor will properly demonstrate the cruel fate the Club enacts on traitors, thus making the choice a difficult one (risk death doing what's right, or become part of the evil that will kill someone) thereby building up the tension. ... Which is really good writing.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mythrs and GokutheG

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017

View attachment 2978940

If I were MC, I'd mind my own business and keep my head down (the less you know...) :whistle:
Naaa! My Edwin (thinks he) is too smart to don't be able to handle this situation. Well he be able to b successful, or will he face an horrible failure? I don't know and I don't care to know until the end, but I'm enjoying the journey.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

View attachment 2978940

The girl looks more like Nicolette to me. Still an interesting find.

As for the MC, if he wanted to keep his head safely down he should never have joined the Club. Now that he's in, ignorance is at best a two-edged sword. He definitely shouldn't make a show of sticking his nose in everywhere, but her needs to investigate enough to guess where cover will be if things actually start to explode. The unwary can get caught up in the crossfire even faster than the busybodies.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
The girl looks more like Nicolette to me. Still an interesting find.

As for the MC, if he wanted to keep his head safely down he should never have joined the Club. Now that he's in, ignorance is at best a two-edged sword. He definitely shouldn't make a show of sticking his nose in everywhere, but her needs to investigate enough to guess where cover will be if things actually start to explode. The unwary can get caught up in the crossfire even faster than the busybodies.
The scene where August tells MC that Nicolette is "a special interest" gave me the creeps: I have the feeling that they're talking about her in the second preview scene (a couple of posts above).

I bet a tenner that Ian is going to tell MC that his former co-worker's parents haven't heard from him since he quit the job.

YuNobi1

Aug 9, 2021
The scene where August tells MC that Nicolette is "a special interest" gave me the creeps: I have the feeling that they're talking about her in the second preview scene (a couple of posts above).

I bet a tenner that Ian is going to tell MC that his former co-worker's parents haven't heard from him since he quit the job.
They probably received a letter/email "from him" saying that he "moved to Florida" thus abating their concerns for a while.

Jun 22, 2022
I wonder Hana, Mina and MC have the chances to be "menage à trois" as Mina said. I feel bad about cheat on Hana with Mina. If Hana, Mina and MC get a threesome it will be great.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
I wonder Hana, Mina and MC have the chances to be "menage à trois" as Mina said. I feel bad about cheat on Hana with Mina. If Hana, Mina and MC get a threesome it will be great.
The birthday party pretty much sealed the deal on that happening and it seems the next update might take the next step toward it: https://f95zone.to/threads/pale-carnations-ch-4-update-3-mutt-jeff.50281/post-11771707

Of course the GF route would make things a lot more complicated, that's why I'm not taking that path for now.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

View attachment 2978940

I would say the more he knows the better in this case, since Edwin was pretty much "blind" to the whole situation until the old doc and his nazi assistent came to warn him about it.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I would say the more he knows the better in this case, since Edwin was pretty much "blind" to the whole situation until the old doc and his nazi assistent came to warn him about it.
I had a friend who jokingly used to say: "chi si fa li cazzi sua, torna sano a casa sua" (mind your own business, and you'll get back home safe and sound).

Jun 22, 2022

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
That's good. A little complicate grinding GF is worth it. Nothing bad happens between them is the best case.
Right now it isn't...at least not if you want to stay faithful since that means skipping a lot of content. I hope that path will get some great additional content before the game is finished and maybe then it will actually be my preferred path.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Right now it isn't...at least not if you want to stay faithful since that means skipping a lot of content. I hope that path will get some great additional content before the game is finished and maybe then it will actually be my preferred path.
The gameplay is tricky. Best solution: save at crucial points & play different gameplays.

Just an example: whether you're playing the Hana fuck buddy route or the girlfriend route, you are going to skip an interesting telephone conversation with Hana where she tells you that she has to attend at Jim's birthday and you tell her that Rose is staying at your apartment if you stay home instead of inviting Veronica for a drink. And if you go out for a drink you miss a scene with Rose.

CGNefarious

May 17, 2020

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Interesting. I never noticed that. But I think that's the new tattooed girl, not the one he ran away with. Not entirely sure it's all related, as it'd be too obvious and Ian isn't that dumb.

Reactions: r0ckh0und

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Interesting. I never noticed that. But I think that's the new tattooed girl, not the one he ran away with. Not entirely sure it's all related, as it'd be too obvious and Ian isn't that dumb.
I bet a million that Ian never took a look at that notice board.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
The gameplay is tricky. Best solution: save at crucial points & play different gameplays.

Just an example: whether you're playing the Hana fuck buddy route or the girlfriend route, you are going to skip an interesting telephone conversation with Hana where she tells you that she has to attend at Jim's birthday and you tell her that Rose is staying at your apartment if you stay home instead of inviting Veronica for a drink. And if you go out for a drink you miss a scene with Rose.
Right now there is little point in different saves (and in doing the Girl friend route for that matter). Yes, there is a little bit of fluff here and there depending on who you're calling, but that's about it.

For the GF path to work there needs to be special content down the line that you only see if you took that path. Right now it only "locks" you out of content (at least if you take it seriously).

Reactions: YuNobi1

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Right now there is little point in different saves (and in doing the Girl friend route for that matter). Yes, there is a little bit of fluff here and there depending on who you're calling, but that's about it.

For the GF path to work there needs to be special content down the line that you only see if you took that path. Right now it only "locks" you out of content (at least if you take it seriously).
The key words are: "right now", as you write. Everybody should keep saves at those key choices.

What you call "fluff" I call it "what makes the game worthwhile following its sub-branches".

Reactions: ename144
4.90 star(s) 477 Votes