VN Ren'Py Paracosmic Reality [Prologue v1.7.0p] [Jiggly Stone Studios]

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes

What The Quit Button Do?

• Total voters

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Prologue v1.0.1 dropping soon. This is only a patch fixing a bunch of requested things. An actual content update will be coming out in the next week or two. Long story short, life has absolutely rolled me this month, alongside some of the fixes taking longer than anticipated to sort out. So I need a bit more time to get the actual content patch fleshed out some more.

Changelog:
Dark Scenes Fixed:
This one is a whole deal. I hope they are fixed well enough for most of you. This was no simple feat to fix and really highlighted an issue on my end that should be remedied now. Though I will caveat and say this. There's only so much I can do on my end between DazStudio/Nvidia Iray and my lack of skill/knowledge. So for now, this is as good as I can possibly get without turning the sky into a fireball that wishes to fuck up middle earth.

Restoration of the Quit button: Relatively simple thing. I'll own up to this one as just a "My bad" lol. I honestly did not expect the number of people that this was important to. I figured most played VNs in windowed mode and would just hit the X to close the window or perhaps Alt+F4.

Android Port: Android port is officially here! However, currently untested. (I've been awake 37 hours at the time of this writing.) I followed all the instructions to the T with Ren'Py. So in theory, everything should work perfectly fine! However, knowing my luck, shit will end up playing upside down or something lol. Be sure to hit me up in the comments and lemme know if I botched anything.

Grammatical/Punctuation fixes: Pretty self-explanatory. Be sure to lemme know if you find any more!

battali0n

Oct 30, 2021
Just tried the updated version and it is still so dark in the indoor scenes that I can't see details in most of them. I tried to peak at Jade's ass but could just make out the outline of her. I've heard that learning how to do lighting can be a challenge.

I like the story and the characters, however all the women appear to be on the plus size. Jade appeared to be the smallest and she is rather big. I find that type of woman to be unattractive so I was wondering if there are actually any slim or petite Li's in this game, like the ladies working in the cafe. I understand if there aren't as that isn't your thing so I thought I should ask. I would like to follow up with future updates but if I'm not attracted to any of the ladies it would really be a moot point.

Other than those two things it looks really good for an initial offering. I like your approach to creating this and that you are clearly communicating what you are planning.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Just tried the updated version and it is still so dark in the indoor scenes that I can't see details in most of them. I tried to peak at Jade's ass but could just make out the outline of her. I've heard that learning how to do lighting can be a challenge.

I like the story and the characters, however all the women appear to be on the plus size. Jade appeared to be the smallest and she is rather big. I find that type of woman to be unattractive so I was wondering if there are actually any slim or petite Li's in this game, like the ladies working in the cafe. I understand if there aren't as that isn't your thing so I thought I should ask. I would like to follow up with future updates but if I'm not attracted to any of the ladies it would really be a moot point.

Other than those two things it looks really good for an initial offering. I like your approach to creating this and that you are clearly communicating what you are planning.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

P.S. Sorry for the walls of text. I struggle with translating brain to words. So I use more words to add detail, hoping to explain things better.

Last edited:
Reactions: battali0n
Dec 20, 2020
Well, I found a way to see those indoor night scenes. I had to move the game window from my $310 27" 1440p 165Hz Asus VG27A screen to the 24" 1080p 60Hz Samsung S24D300 screen that I got at Goodwill for $25, and only use for reading work email. All colors in the daylight scenes are washed out, but I can see Jade laying on the couch now. I'm not knocking my Samsung screen, it serves it's purpose well. It's just not meant for any kind of gaming.

While I do hope the lighting thing is figured out, I'll definitely be playing updates no matter what. I want to dive headfirst into this story, and see where it goes.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
You would be correct in this assessment. Orra Steinn is not a Futa nor is she ever planned to be. Currently, there are several characters planned for the "live-in" group. Jade, Orra, Syvlie, Lily & Lotus, Aria (TBD), and Stormy (a big titty goth gf). NONE of these characters are planned to be futas. There are going to be several side characters. Many of them are all going to be female, with some of them being futa. However, all futa content is planned to be optional. So before any sexual or romantic relations with them, you will be prompted/asked if you are interested in Futa/Trans.
Props to you for keeping things as modular as possible. I wish more devs did that in general. However after reading this, it seems all the futa will be in side content which means, by principle, they mostly likely wont have as much screen time as the rest, or maybe even feel a bit distanced from the main group. Which is kind of a bummer.
Especially after seeing that you have similar interests to mine. I hope I will be wrong tho but ye.
It'll likely be only male penning futa. Personally, I'm not much one for taking dick, so I find it hard to write about it effectively.
!00% agree. Dont need to be taking it up the rear to have fun with futa or similar characters.

Last edited:

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
On the topic of lighting, I know some changes were made but damn
1679595849683.png

Can anyone honestly see what is here? Legitimate question btw. I can live with it but I'm just saying that I play a ton of different games and I don't have to up my brightness for most of them. That just makes the colors look washed out anyways... I used to edit video for years and having a good balance in color and brightness is important so I very much doubt this is an issue on my end. Always the chance I am wrong and my monitor just sucks. And I do prefer dark modes over blinding white UI.

Last edited:
Reactions: User1230

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Props to you for keeping things as modular as possible. I wish more devs did that in general. However after reading this, it seems all the futa will be in side content which means, by principle, they mostly likely wont have as much screen time as the rest, or maybe even feel a bit distanced from the main group. Which is kind of a bummer.
Especially after seeing that you have similar interests to mine. I hope I will be wrong tho but ye.

!00% agree. Dont need to be taking it up the rear to have fun with futa or similar characters.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the content so far.

I'm still determining how I'm going to handle the futa/trans content exactly, however, I do know that I don't want to create a character that just gets used for a cheap fuck and then never again. Futa/Trans characters will have plenty of screen time and will flirt, mingle, and generally interact with the player character as a friend/interest for the most part. However, you won't be forced into NSFW scenes.

As for your post about the lighting issues. For what it's worth (not much considering I'm the dev and thus biased) it looks well-lit on my end. I can make out literally every detail in the image except for the further depths of Jade's nethers, which would be realistic due to not much light bouncing around in that confined of a space anyways.

I'm still exasperated about these. I genuinely don't know what else I can really do to those. Any further lighting of those scenes and it completely throws off the rest of the scenes leading up to and after it. Due to my using Nvidia Iray, I can't use artificial lighting as that casts shadows that don't make sense. I can crank the exposure, but then you have a scene that's supposed to be intentionally dark to give early morning vibes, looking like it's high noon with the sky outside going nuclear...

I'd love to sit down with someone who has experience in these areas and get their opinion/advice. However, you can understand my frustration with dozens of people shouting "Moar lighting" but without any direction as to how to go about doing that. I understand I'm the dev and it's my job to figure it out, but I've already thrown away a collective month's worth of time (literally) trying to figure this issue out.

For comparison's sake, here's the original compared to the new/fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fazed

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
How is development coming along? This game has much promise.
Hey there Joe. Development is coming along. I'm planning a release hopefully here in the next couple of days barring life getting in the way. The update that I was hoping to get released on the 21st has since been delayed due to my old man having to go in for surgery. (Nothing serious, just getting some hardware removed.) Nevertheless, given that I'm the only family in the area, it was up to me to take care of the old fart.

He's doing better now and popping pain meds like skittles (not really, he's being responsible lol).

So development has resumed and coming along wonderfully. As stated just above, I'm hoping to have the next update out here in a couple days or so. That being said, between life and the amount of work that's gone into developing the new player home area, the update will be a smaller one. It will have story, just not much. April's update should be substantially more fleshed out thanks to not needing to build up an area from scratch, so I'll be able to primarily focus on plot.

Reactions: joeblow00

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I'm still determining how I'm going to handle the futa/trans content exactly, however, I do know that I don't want to create a character that just gets used for a cheap fuck and then never again. Futa/Trans characters will have plenty of screen time and will flirt, mingle, and generally interact with the player character as a friend/interest for the most part. However, you won't be forced into NSFW scenes.
:unsure:

Yea I am very much a fan, just not really into futa on male. Much prefer the reverse. MC doesn't have the typical masculine frame though which does make something like that easier to digest for me but because I am controlling the MC well then there's more to it. its not my thing so I have a very specific criteria for it. Yea yea muh immersion. It is what it is.. It's your game though so w/e . If that is added as long as that action is optional without also opting out of the rest of the content then there wont be a reason to complain. Good to hear those characters wont be a one off.

As for the lighting idk. both of those pics look black as night to me if I don't bump my brightness way past what is visually appealing. Ill live with it though. 99% of the games I play on here lighting is fine but every once in a while a game will have this problem. It's only for less than a handful of frames anyway.

GL with the game and irl.

Last edited:

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
:unsure:

Yea I am very much a fan, just not really into futa on male. Much prefer the reverse. MC doesn't have the typical masculine frame though which does make something like that easier to digest for me but because I am controlling the MC well then there's more to it. its not my thing so I have a very specific criteria for it. Yea yea muh immersion. It is what it is.. It's your game though so w/e . If that is added as long as that action is optional without also opting out of the rest of the content then there wont be a reason to complain. Good to hear those characters wont be a one off.

As for the lighting idk. both of those pics look black as night to me if I don't bump my brightness way past what is visually appealing. Ill live with it though. 99% of the games I play on here lighting is fine but every once in a while a game will have this problem. It's only for less than a handful of frames anyway.

GL with the game and irl.
I understand completely. Per a post a little bit back, there isn't going to be any futa on male. Only the other way around (male on futa.) That being said, there might be the occasional teasing/flirting, but it won't go anywhere without there being an official choice the player makes. But yeah, the options will primarily only be for the actual NSFW scene itself, so if the player denies an NSFW scene with a trans/futa character, then you'll either skip over the scene in its entirety or go grab a movie with em or something lol. Keep it casual and friendly.

Gatta say though, that bewilders me that both of those images still look pitch black to you. But yeah. I'll try to limit the amount of super dark scenes like that. I'm a really big sucker for light-cast rays and shit like that, so I'll be wanting to do a lot of scenes like that rather than low light.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I understand completely. Per a post a little bit back, there isn't going to be any futa on male
the options will primarily only be for the actual NSFW scene itself, so if the player denies an NSFW scene with a trans/futa character, then you'll either skip over the scene in its entirety or go grab a movie with em or something lol. Keep it casual and friendly.
Ah ok, sounds good then. I am very much into these character so wouldnt want to skip an entire scene. What I was getting at is I've played a few games where you can go through a nsfw scene but each action appears as a choice to progress the scene and the player can either go ahead with it or pick something else if one particular sexy action isn't so appealing. The more kinky options usually set a flag for whether or not it was chosen as a means to determine if the characters mention it later or not in dialogue.

Generally If the scenes are structured this way, then everything/most is up to the player and devs can add a variety of actions and/or niche kinks to the scenes without forcing them or having the player skip an entire scene if they happen to dislike just one part of it.
Additional affirmation of player choice and agency. It's a great way to do it IMO but obviously its a bit more work to code it that way and considering all the expansion options to come I understand that doing the scenes this way might just be too much.
I look forward to the future releases none the less.

Last edited:

gotmy223

Jun 4, 2017
Pretty much all futa/trans content will be avoidable. You can still interact with the characters, but opting out when the options arise will prevent you from seeing their dick or interacting sexually/romantically with them.
Are the tranny character(s) avoidable altogether (no interaction at all)? Judging by one of the preview pics, I'm guessing the answer is no.

Regardless, the game looks very promising. Definitely going on my watchlist.

Last edited:

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Ah ok, sounds good then. I am very much into these character so wouldnt want to skip an entire scene. What I was getting at is I've played a few games where you can go through a nsfw scene but each action appears as a choice to progress the scene and the player can either go ahead with it or pick something else if one particular sexy action isn't so appealing. The more kinky options usually set a flag for whether or not it was chosen as a means to determine if the characters mention it later or not in dialogue.

Generally If the scenes are structured this way, then everything/most is up to the player and devs can add a variety of actions and/or niche kinks to the scenes without forcing them or having the player skip an entire scene if they happen to dislike just one part of it.
Additional affirmation of player choice and agency. It's a great way to do it IMO but obviously its a bit more work to code it that way and considering all the expansion options to come I understand that doing the scenes this way might just be too much.
I look forward to the future releases none the less.
Definitely agree with a lot of your points here. I would ideally like to do exactly this when it comes to doing the NSFW scenes, however, I've reframed from explicitly mentioning it as I don't want to over-promise on something I'm not sure exactly how I'll code it. The whole "Skip the thing entirely and go see a movie with them" thing was more for if you denied the entire NSFW scene outright.

I've an idea of how to do all this, but it's just an idea at the moment. You definitely have my word that I'll give it a shot to build out the NSFW scenes as modular as I can. Definitely agree that with interacting with futa/trans, I personally wouldn't be into pegging, but I don't have any problems sticking my dick between some titties lol.

Reactions: Fazed

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Are the tranny character(s) avoidable altogether (no interaction at all)? Judging by one of the preview pics, I'm guessing the answer is no.

Regardless, the game looks very promising. Definitely going on my watchlist.
Big fat negative on that one chief.

I will not be giving an option to outright avoid trans/futa characters altogether. Sex scenes with them will be avoidable sure, but as far as you or anyone else should be concerned, they are just a regular ordinary person until the pants come off. Especially considering there won't be any voice acting in this game. They will be good-looking and "passing" individuals regardless of whether they are futa/trans, and they will be an integral part of the game throughout the entire game. They are still going to be a minority of the characters the player can interact with because futa/trans are realistically a minority, but they will be present throughout the game and friends of the MC.

Doesn't matter if you've got a dick or a vagina.
End of the day we are all human and deserve to be treated as such and nothing less.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: holaje12

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
but I don't have any problems sticking my dick between some titties lol.
Oh, I got no problem when giving it haha. Lets just say, if going by appearance alone, if all your characters are as appealing as what I've seen so far going forward, MC can pretty much say target acquired and I'd blindly push the smash button regardless of whatever category they happen to fall under.

As a wise man(probably) once said:
"If there's a hole, there's a GOAL" :KEK:.

ok I'll stop now.

Last edited:

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
For whoever is wondering where the latest update is, it's still unreleased. Life has been getting in the way. As stated previously in a past comment, my dad recently went in for some surgery on his ankle. His mobility is lacking lately and I'm the only one who can really be around to help him out.

I'm still plugging away at it as fast as I can. Fear not, there will be an update soon enough! Just need a bit more time.
Thank you for your patience.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
An update is going live soon!

Please note that it's on the smaller side.

As explained in a previous post, most of my time for this update got munched by life, helping my dad post-surgery, and creating an entirely new area in the game. The new land where the MC, Jade, and Orra go to in this update was actually quite a bit of work to create. I hope it shows.

However, I'm happy to say, now that the new location has been made, it's out of the way. The next update should have significantly more dialogue to it now that I can just pump out dialogue rather than having to create a massive environment.

Despite the lack of girth of this update, I do hope you guys enjoy it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Havik79
4.30 star(s) 16 Votes