VN Ren'Py Paracosmic Reality [Prologue v1.7.0p] [Jiggly Stone Studios]

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes

What The Quit Button Do?

• Total voters

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Alright. Update is officially finished, however, It's going on noon for me and I've been awake all night, slamming renders for the past 16 hours straight to get this fucker out. I've got a sneaking suspicion that I've likely missed something, so I'm going to get some sleep and have a couple people test it for me while I'm snoozin. Once I'm awake, baring any major adjustments, I'll push the update out. Expect to see the update within the next 12 hours.

Last edited:

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Update has been sent off to the uploader team! Hope you all enjoy. It's only a half day this update, but that's because there's still quite a bit planned for the second half of the day leading into MC/Jade getting moved into the new place. Once they are moved in, that'll conclude the prologue, at which point, things will start to kick off a bit more regularly I hope :p

Aiming for the next release to be mid-late feb and with any luck, I'm hoping to start pushing an update out once every month from then on out. We'll see how well that goes for me lol.

Jul 12, 2020
if the story is written like non incest, then it's fine to me. I mostly install the incest mod's because it makes no sense without it.
Why should roommates, tenants and childhood friends be forbidden to romance/fuck ? The one thing that I can understand are .... friends who are afraid if it goes bad their friendship will end.

Then about pregnancy, first of all i'm an avid fan ;) but quickly satisfied, just speak about it and don't rule it out.
And if your story goes over multiple years, then i'm expecting it as this should be the result of love.
If your story covers only a couple of months then she could be pregnant and not showing.

zumio

Jul 16, 2019
I like the Game and its Concept....... but i have a true Question, why is there a Auto-Forward Time in the Pref. but no Auto-Forward Funktion ?

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
if the story is written like non incest, then it's fine to me. I mostly install the incest mod's because it makes no sense without it.
Why should roommates, tenants and childhood friends be forbidden to romance/fuck ? The one thing that I can understand are .... friends who are afraid if it goes bad their friendship will end.

Then about pregnancy, first of all i'm an avid fan ;) but quickly satisfied, just speak about it and don't rule it out.
And if your story goes over multiple years, then i'm expecting it as this should be the result of love.
If your story covers only a couple of months then she could be pregnant and not showing.
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the first bit lol. MC and Jade, while similar-looking, are legitimately not related in the game. There isn't an incest mod for them, nor will there ever be. They are however going to have a blossoming relationship in the very near future. As for Lily/Lotus, it's not currently coded in right now, but there will be an option to type in what they are to each other. As far as I'm aware, this is the only way to go about it and not lose my hopeful livelihood lol.

As for pregnancy, that one is still up in the air. I definitely want to do it, but there's the whole prospect of having a child in an AVN. I really don't want to have [x] character pop out a child only for it to get shoveled off to some void.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I like the Game and its Concept....... but i have a true Question, why is there a Auto-Forward Time in the Pref. but no Auto-Forward Funktion ?
I'm not sure exactly. The auto-forward system is a default part of Ren'Py that was already in the code. I never messed with it, so it should still function normally. If it's not, I'm not sure why. If anyone else can report back whether their auto-forward function works or not, it'd be appreciated.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Melmoth99

zumio

Jul 16, 2019
I didnt found a button to start or stop the Auto-Forward and it didnt work alone by exit the Pref.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
I didnt found a button to start or stop the Auto-Forward and it didnt work alone by exit the Pref.

Alright, this was a mistake or oversight on my end. I didn't realize that the "Auto" button usually found on the ingame quick menu was the only method to toggle that on/off.

I've fixed it and it'll be there in all future builds. Sorry about the confusion and hassle!

To fix it for yourself right now, unpack the winrar attached to this post, directly into your ParacosmicReality/Game folder. It should ask to overwrite screens.rpy and screens.rpyc. That should restore the "Auto" button to the top left corner quick menu. View attachment screens.rar

Last edited:

zumio

Jul 16, 2019
Alright, this was a mistake or oversight on my end. I didn't realize that the "Auto" button usually found on the ingame quick menu was the only method to toggle that on/off.

I've fixed it and it'll be there in all future builds. Sorry about the confusion and hassle!

To fix it for yourself right now, unpack the winrar attached to this post, directly into your ParacosmicReality/Game folder. It should ask to overwrite screens.rpy and screens.rpyc. That should restore the "Auto" button to the top left corner quick menu. View attachment 3197983
Thx for the fast help but the attchment doesnt work.

" The requested page could not be found. "

and dont worry mistakes can happen=)

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
Thx for the fast help but the attchment doesnt work.

" The requested page could not be found. "

and dont worry mistakes can happen=)
Try it once more please, I think I did a dumb xD. Sorry about that.

I was trying to see if I could get it to present like a thumbnail view, similar to how I've seen other patches posted here. In the process, I attempted to delete/reupload it, which deleted it completely off F95, so the attachment link broke.

I've reuploaded it, so the attachment link in the original post should work properly now.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
JigglyStone - Ferro Steele, you might want to do your homework. 5' 6" is not even close to the average height for males. The average height of a male in the US is 5' 9" which is about the middle (or average) worldwide. The average height for females is 5' 3". In other words a difference of about 6" on average. If you are going to make a point in your developer FAQ, you should at least get it right.

JigglyStone - Fero Seele

Paracosmic Reality Dev
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2018
JigglyStone - Ferro Steele, you might want to do your homework. 5' 6" is not even close to the average height for males. The average height of a male in the US is 5' 9" which is about the middle (or average) worldwide. The average height for females is 5' 3". In other words a difference of about 6" on average. If you are going to make a point in your developer FAQ, you should at least get it right.
Hey, look! Someone came along to beat on the dead horse again!

The FAQ states:
MC is 5ft 6in (about 168cm) tall. This is close to the world's average height.
Obviously, different locations and factors change that. This is no different.
In MC's case, they are a Neko. Nekos are known through various settings the be lithe and smaller than most.
It says specifically that it's "close" to the "world" average, not the UnitedStates average. It further states that different locations and factors change that average. You're not the world authority on what is/isn't "close".

If you're going to make a pointless argument, next time just don't. This topic has resurfaced too many times and I'm done indulging it. MCs is a Neko. He's just fuckin short. Deal with it.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Hey, look! Someone came along to beat on the dead horse again!

The FAQ states:

It says specifically that it's "close" to the "world" average, not the UnitedStates average. It further states that different locations and factors change that average. You're not the world authority on what is/isn't "close".

If you're going to make a pointless argument, next time just don't. This topic has resurfaced too many times and I'm done indulging it. MCs is a Neko. He's just fuckin short. Deal with it.
5'6" is not "close" to 5'9".

"...it's "close" to the "world" average, not the UnitedStates average." If you read what I said without bias you would have noticed that I actually said 5'9" IS the "world" average since the US average is in the middle of national averages. Get it? Middle... average. Same thing.

"You're not the world authority...". You're right. I'm not. That's why I always look it up and get my facts straight before I state something as a fact. You should try it.

"He's just fuckin short." "MC is 5ft 6in (about 168cm) tall. This is close to the world's average height." So, which is it? Is he "close to average height"? Or is he "just fuckin short"?

I started out to say your FAQ makes an erroneous statement. Now I'll say you are just wrong and the fact you try to argue the point makes your ignorance obvious to all. Deal with THAT.

Jul 12, 2020
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the first bit lol. MC and Jade, while similar-looking, are legitimately not related in the game. There isn't an incest mod for them, nor will there ever be. They are however going to have a blossoming relationship in the very near future. As for Lily/Lotus, it's not currently coded in right now, but there will be an option to type in what they are to each other. As far as I'm aware, this is the only way to go about it and not lose my hopeful livelihood lol.
The first bit was more to justify your writing option vs the "general incest writing" and then censoring for patreon and other hypocritical moral knights (and money).
But just write it like real non incest, or dump patreon. That's my opinion.

4.30 star(s) 16 Votes