PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
OK, so why is PL delayed for 4 months, if not because he didn't want to release 0.7 by itself? What's the non-excuse reason for him not releasing it on its own?
All this has been discussed further up the thread bud - no one really knows ( only Luxee ) you can choose to take him at his word - or not .. everything else is just ‘words’ ...

Reactions: Munkey

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
All this has been discussed further up the thread bud - no one really knows ( only Luxee ) you can choose to take him at his word - or not .. everything else is just ‘words’ ...
Well, it seems to me that you don't take Luxee at his word, since you're complaining about people using the excuse that he wants to release something else along with the "bad" (Luxee's word) 0.7 update.

So, what do you believe?

gendruil

Jun 4, 2017
it is not even an excuse... he charges per major update, so what would he have to excuse for? do what he wants with his game? or for not milking his patreons like most of the "big" creators do? he wants to release the update alonside or at least close to the first release of a69, and maybe he thinks that people who wouldn't enjoy an update about emily as much as any other. as far as it goes with me he is absolutely right, i'll just skip 0.7 and play it with 0.8. in the meantime i will try a69.
and even if you can't wrap your mind about his explaination doesn't make it an excuse.

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Well, it seems to me that you don't take Luxee at his word, since you're complaining about people using the excuse that he wants to release something else along with the "bad" (Luxee's word) 0.7 update.

So, what do you believe?
I’m not complaining about anything bud ( maybe you have me mixed up with mt pew pew ?) I don’t mind playing the Emily route or waiting for the rest of the game to be finished - it’s not costing me anything ( I can play lots of other games in the meantime ) as I mentioned to mt pew pew - if you have a gripe with Luxee - take it out with him ( chatting on here isn’t going to change anything )

Reactions: Munkey and volto

Corambis

Jul 2, 2017
it is not even an excuse... he charges per major update, so what would he have to excuse for? do what he wants with his game? or for not milking his patreons like most of the "big" creators do? he wants to release the update alonside or at least close to the first release of a69, and maybe he thinks that people who wouldn't enjoy an update about emily as much as any other. as far as it goes with me he is absolutely right, i'll just skip 0.7 and play it with 0.8. in the meantime i will try a69.
and even if you can't wrap your mind about his explaination doesn't make it an excuse.
Few if any people are disputing that .7 will underwhelm, least of all apparently Luxee who is the only person to have seen it so far. What doesn't make sense to a lot of people is the offsetting of .7's shortcomings by a release of a completely different game, and holding up .7 while this happens. Maybe it's because Luxee doesn't think that .7 counts as a major update. If so, I don't really see how adding A69 to that changes it. I in no way dispute that Luxee should finish off the Emily storyline if that's what they want to do as an artist. But the most obvious fix to what will likely be a boring update for most would have been to add more content to .7, or release .7 and .8 at the same time as others have pointed out.

I don't honestly believe that Luxee won't keep working on A69. It's just a question of what percentage of their time they focus on it, and what if any time is spent to PL. Maybe Luxee fully intends to make PL their primary focus, but if they can switch to focusing to A69, I can't imagine that they wouldn't. It's the game they want to make.

As for Patreon, I don't particularly trust what it's going to do in the future. PL is already on their radar from being blocked before for incest and underage characters. Maybe Luxee has been told that he was one more strike before the game is permanently banned. A69, which still sounding like it has some forbidden content, at least is a fresh start, and also less obviously focused on incest as PL.

Reactions: wrx21 and PHANTOM44

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Well said bud . The Emily character doesn’t interact as much if at all sexually with the rest of the characters except for the MC - maybe it was easier for Luxee to finish this update rather than finish another far more complicated route ( the harem route for instance) we’ll never know ; all that is down to him ( i’m certainly not qualified to second guess him ) are the people complaining about his so called “excuses” even his patrons?

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Few if any people are disputing that .7 will underwhelm, least of all apparently Luxee who is the only person to have seen it so far. What doesn't make sense to a lot of people is the offsetting of .7's shortcomings by a release of a completely different game, and holding up .7 while this happens. Maybe it's because Luxee doesn't think that .7 counts as a major update. If so, I don't really see how adding A69 to that changes it. I in no way dispute that Luxee should finish off the Emily storyline if that's what they want to do as an artist. But the most obvious fix to what will likely be a boring update for most would have been to add more content to .7, or release .7 and .8 at the same time as others have pointed out.

I don't honestly believe that Luxee won't keep working on A69. It's just a question of what percentage of their time they focus on it, and what if any time is spent to PL. Maybe Luxee fully intends to make PL their primary focus, but if they can switch to focusing to A69, I can't imagine that they wouldn't. It's the game they want to make.

As for Patreon, I don't particularly trust what it's going to do in the future. PL is already on their radar from being blocked before for incest and underage characters. Maybe Luxee has been told that he was one more strike before the game is permanently banned. A69, which still sounding like it has some forbidden content, at least is a fresh start, and also less obviously focused on incest as PL.
If you say that Luxee is a development studio then it only makes sense that they will eventually supplant PL with a69 - I would imagine that a lot will depend on how well a69 is received - at the moment most if not all his patrons support him because of PL and so most likely he’ll look after them first . That might change in the future - he’s probably timing it to coincide with PL coming to it’s inevitable end . You made some very good and interesting points regarding patreon - no one knows exactly what lies ahead for AVN developers on that site - some developers are already shifting their work offsite - maybe that’s the future..

wrx21

Donor
Jun 15, 2017
i'd like to know what other patrons think of this. i already said that in my opinon the obvious thing to do if 0.7 is such bad update is to release it alongside 0.8 and honestly don't see what was the problem of doing just that. creating new game and devoting so much time to it just to put it on hold immediately after release makes no sense,same as excuse he used for it,0.7 is so bad so here is completely new game no one asked for as an apology for bad update?it kinda tells me that a69 is the game he wants to work on,not PL

SoulStealer

Jun 7, 2017
Imho, if he had started working on A69 after finishing PL, he would probably have lost patrons/audiences during the 3/4 months without "nothing" : this way, they can try A69 "for free", and maybe some will stay for his second game if they like it.

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
I was reading back over some of his posts on patreon - he was talking about getting a new better computer so he could use three computers to get work done faster etc... so basically it seems to me this is a guy in a room or a basement producing games .. so if he takes I don’t know 3 months off to do whatever.. go on holiday, paint the house, do the kitchen - I’m not paying him so why would I care - there’s no point in getting annoyed over it or start looking for excuses - he’s making the game in his own time - i’ll just play something else - it’s not like there’s a shortage...

Parnso

Aug 7, 2016
i'd like to know what other patrons think of this. i already said that in my opinon the obvious thing to do if 0.7 is such bad update is to release it alongside 0.8 and honestly don't see what was the problem of doing just that. creating new game and devoting so much time to it just to put it on hold immediately after release makes no sense,same as excuse he used for it,0.7 is so bad so here is completely new game no one asked for as an apology for bad update?it kinda tells me that a69 is the game he wants to work on,not PL
Well from me he will lose a pledge if he does something like he does now a second time and at the moment I thing I will stop pledging when he finishes with PL.

gendruil

Jun 4, 2017
Well from me he will lose a pledge if he does something like he does now a second time and at the moment I thing I will stop pledging when he finishes with PL.
and if you like a69 just a little less than PL (let's be honest no sane person would like any game more) maybe you won't stop pledging, so if he can see now if a69 bombs with his pledgers might actually be smart.
on the other hand, should it really suck the end of PL will also be the end my pledge.

volto

Aug 22, 2017
I was reading back over some of his posts on patreon - he was talking about getting a new better computer so he could use three computers to get work done faster etc... so basically it seems to me this is a guy in a room or a basement producing games .. so if he takes I don’t know 3 months off to do whatever.. go on holiday, paint the house, do the kitchen - I’m not paying him so why would I care - there’s no point in getting annoyed over it or start looking for excuses - he’s making the game in his own time - i’ll just play something else - it’s not like there’s a shortage...
That's the way everyone should be looking at the situation in my opinion. He doesn't charge monthly, he's been upfront with what he has planned and what he's doing, there's been only gold updates so far, and he's given us this masterpiece of a digital waifu.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It took me three tries to understand what you're trying to say. It can be safe to assume that Luxee won't be pausing development again to begin an entirely new game a third time so I think we're safe in that regard.

Reactions: Otyi

Munkey

Donor
May 30, 2017
I'm a patron, and i agree with your thinking, I think that releasing 0.7 alongside 0.8 is the choice I would have preferred. That said, He made an executive decision and all we can really do at this point is just accept that. Even though i may have disagreed with his decision, he has been mostly upfront about his intentions. Personally, I'll continue to support his games, until he stops making content i enjoy.

I also think you are partially right, in that "a69 is the game he wants to work on". Luxee obviously had the idea in his head for quite some time, and I think that he saw the "weak 0.7 update" as his chance to get that idea out of his head and out into the world. If that's the case, i can understand that reasoning.

That said, I don't think that he has lost any passion for making PL. I know he wasn't thrilled with the Emily update, but i'm certain he still cares about the story and the other characters. I don't see him abandoning it in favor of this new game.

Yes, it's important to remember that Luxee is not a development studio. He has no dev team. Just a proofreader and maybe a few beta-testers.
He's just one guy, that makes these games in his spare time. He still has a day job.

Reactions: volto

PHANTOM44

Sep 6, 2018
Apparently you didn't because your responses (concerning what I was saying) had nothing to do with what I was saying.
There’s nothing to add - you’ve stated that you don’t like his excuses; as to why it’s taken him so long to create an update to the game - you haven’t stated if you are a patron of his .. I have learned from this thread that Luxee isn’t a big game development studio , apparently this is something he does in his spare time ... so in my book if you’re not a patron - or even if you are ; he doesn’t owe anyone anything, least of all a so called “excuse” - he volunteered an explanation - everyone on his patreon seems happy enough with it - the Raven-Symone footage suggests you’re here for something else .. it’s ok bud I’ll give you a like , and we’ll leave it at that...

Reactions: Jeancul and volto

Luxee

Deluded weirdo
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 28, 2017
Luxee obviously had the idea in his head for quite some time, and I think that he saw the "weak 0.7 update" as his chance to get that idea out of his head and out into the world. If that's the case, i can understand that reasoning.
I think this is a great way to put it tbh.
"Why not release 0.8 alongside 0.7 instead?" is kind of answered in that as well.
The original plan I had for 0.7 back when I was still developing 0.6 was to release 0.8 alongside it, but as time went on, these ideas just get popping in to my head about this new game, to the point where I've actually finished writing Nea's entire storyboard already. I was talking about this new game idea with a patron of mine and I was just really excited to develop the game. When 0.7 was about halfway done, I talked this over with that same guy once more and we came to the conclusion that making this first update to a69 would be the best option as it gets out this pent up excitement I had for developing a69 while also accomplishing the goal of compensating 0.7's lackluster content.

Thinking back, maybe it actually doesn't accomplish it that well considering most people are there for PL and not a69. Getting a subpar PL update and a game they didn't ask for isn't exactly going to be worth it for most people's pledges. That being said, that was my actual intention with this decision. It wasn't to set up the next game after PL, I could've done that after PL's final release just as well. It wasn't to have a safe game to fall back on if PL gets blasted off patreon (trust me on this, if any of my games are getting blasted off patreon, it's a69).

I think we can all agree that this wasn't the best decision I've made during this past year or so I've been doing this.
Forgetting about the hair colour scandal, this might even be the worst one.

Lastly I wanna just say that I have NOT lost motivation on developing PL as a whole. It's true that I was really demotivated during 0.7's development. But I really do believe that's just because it was the emily route. It's like I said on twitter. I should've never even made that a route in the game. Emily is an obstacle. A villain even, if you wanna go that far. There was no reason to make a route dedicated to her only, the game is about fucking your kids, everyone knows that. Pretending it's not for an entire route just killed my motivation to work. Luckily, I have no doubt that 0.8 will be a great update, I'm actually hyped to get back to rendering my good old Elly. She hasn't seen the light of Iray for a long time (I actually use octane now but whatever).

Release real soonish

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I'm terrible to remember at remembering names. Which one is Emily?

4.20 star(s) 219 Votes