4.20 star(s) 24 Votes

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
0.07.7 sort of test build

No new NSFW content

- Added new puzzle room (This one is especially confusing because I hate players)

- In Ability Menu added option to view dialogue logs

- Corrected hair shading

- Some FX work

- Some work on locomotion animations

There's one thing in this build, I'd like to get feedback on. In part selection menu if you click on 'test' button, game starts in the white room with canvas and rune beside it. Using geometric guidelines on canvas, you should be able to draw the rune. You'll get the message if rune is drawn correctly. This mechanic I want to implement for some stuff in the future, so I want to be sure this is doable for players.

Win:

Wisher

Jul 4, 2017
- Added new puzzle room (This one is especially confusing because I hate players)

I like your thinking! :)

It wasn't too bad although i did get stuck for a bit
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I always liked the idea of drawing magic symbols and this seems to work well although it took me a while to figure out i was supposed to trace along the guidelines (had to refer back to what you wrote and you did say that) so i was trying to draw freeform, unsuccessfully.

Would a freeform implementation be something you would consider?

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Would a freeform implementation be something you would consider?
That would be quite challenging task for me, and it seems almost impossible to get this functionality right (i've heard about couple experiments of that sort in games)
Besides, player's objective is not just draw the symbol, but find it in geometric mess and precisely reproduce it (micro puzzle if you like)

BeachKiwi

May 16, 2023
Great update and lovely puzzles
The rune drawing is fairly easy with a mouse if I draw slow.
As for the planet puzzle, pretty much clear as cristal, although there's something I find annoying: once you click on an orbit and engage the telekinesis, the camera view gets locked. If you were leaning forward to grab that orbit (which happens sometimes due to the orbits not being perfectly level), not only can you not see the constellation you're supposed to reproduce, you can't even see the planet you're moving! So it would be great if the camera was not locked and you could still look around while moving the planet.

Reactions: Ste Rix
Mar 17, 2019
Amazing, I didn't expect you'd follow my suggestion about the hair!

I think the "fiber" orientation looks more correct and natural, although the neck part looks a bit different to what I expected. One might even assume it's a regular glossy shader (not anisotropic). I think it may be due in part to the anisotropy amount or roughness of the specular highlights and possibly also to the shape or topology of the mesh.

This was v0.07.6 with the approximated prediction I made:
v0.07.6.jpg

and this is the new version in various angles:
v0.07.7.jpg

While it looks better than my prediction, the part that seems a bit strange to me is the middle highlight that joins the top and bottom highlights, which might be reduced by increasing the anisotropy amount (not the angle) and/or decreasing the roughness.
At this point it's up to your taste and it's getting pretty picky anyway, not to mention that now we even have to look up from a lower view to see those highlights (though I assume people will often do so for other reasons ;))

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2019
I know, I was being silly, digging any deeper would be ridiculous haha *closes 50 tabs of photo references, cgi research papers and physics phd theses.

...jk obviously, though I looked for photo refs but didn't find anything helpful.
What's MC?

Mar 17, 2019
Ooooh. I was looking for some university acronym.
Btw this whole time I said neck instead of nape. I must've confused the hell out of you.

Last edited:

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Not bad at all. Added to my watch list. It was a bit frustrating dealing with the puzzles (some of them at least), but fortunately it didn't take too long for me to figure things out. I got to the room with a force-field enclosing a trio of pedestals, one having a figure resting upon it with a u-shaped hallway that circled around the room. Is that the end of existing content? I ask because I could not for the life of me find anything that was intractable, so I suspect it is for now it beyond the gallery. In any case, great job so far and I'm anxious to see more.

mydudes67

Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
Is that the end of existing content? I ask because I could not for the life of me find anything that was intractable
In the build I posted couple of messages above interactable thing is more obvious. After this room there's one more puzzle.

killer905

Nov 13, 2017
I have to admit that the new puzzles are interesting (I don't quite understand the hand-drawn ones) so I'm waiting for the next updates.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
PersonalStudy-0.07.7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes