4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Hey, guys. I have a question for you all here on f95.

My new superhero game will be a harem kinetic novel, that means NO choices. The story is very complex and choices would mess up the story I want to tell.

Would you be willing to play it or would you not play it because it is a kinetic novel.

Please give me your honest feedback!
Players will always demand choice. Dev will give them choice. 50% of players will bitch about missing content and won't play your game. Dev give no choice. The other 50% won't play your game. If you are going to lose 50% of players either way, do yourself a favor and lose the 50% demanding choice. It's a lot less work.

And this is why we as players can't have nice things.

Jun 1, 2017
Ok guy's i ned to ask, with this revamped is no story progresion, right? and how many time ned to wait for some story progresion ? I apreciate the Dev tought to deliver to us some quality context , but ... i think is more enjoyable if this quality revamp is mixes with some story progress, just my tought, no harm.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Picture Perfect [0.9] Walkthrough Mod Update

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download: -

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017

My new superhero game will be a harem kinetic novel, that means NO choices. The story is very complex and choices would mess up the story I want to tell.

Would you be willing to play it or would you not play it because it is a kinetic novel.

from you? i'd give it a go for sure. no problem. in fact i'd prefer it. i hate having to save and reload to see other paths. thankfully renpy makes that relatively easy, so i'll do it IF the story or girls are worth the trouble. some of the monstrosities in unity or that tyrano builder stuff can be a goddamn nightmare tho and get a pass from me no matter how "good" they are.

the only thing i truly detest is badly done (most of them) "sandbox". i do NOT want to spend more time looking for scenes, or trying to figure how to trigger what on what days or at what times, than time spent watching the scenes. no thank you.

you can still have choices if you want to either alter the flavor of conversations (script adjusting or script checking) or to give an option to skip scenes or things you think might be controversial.

pds72

Sep 25, 2019

Yes ...

Not sure if it break the definition of a KN, but maybe have a JUMP button. This way people could skip past scene they don't want to see without having to use the fast forward.

Jul 20, 2020

I don't mind kinetic at all if the story and character development is good. I'm personally working on something myself and going the kinetic route (primarily because I want to tell a specific story, but also because I'm learning coding/renpy from scratch as well and don't want to overcomplicate things with branching choices/stories).

I think I'm in the minority on this site mainly because I look at the story before anything else, if the story is horrible it ruins everything else for me.

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017

No, I wouldn't play it, I like to always have a choice, I don't like to be forced to do or see anything I don't want, like I don't like people telling me what to do, but many others here would probably play your game, I'm just not one of these guy's, sorry SuperWriter.

fregonard

Mar 11, 2018

as long as I can name the mc it's okay

ontach

Apr 8, 2018

I'd play it. (y) So far you haven't given me any major turn-offs (grannies, futas, NTR, femdom, humiliation, scat, etc.), so I'll certainly go for it.

Default123x

May 18, 2018

Wouldn't be easier to make a poll?
Anyway i'm team choices. Kinetic novels are not bad but being able to choose what the MC do make it more immersive. Well, at least for me

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Wouldn't be easier to make a poll?
Anyway i'm team choices. Kinetic novels are not bad but being able to choose what the MC do make it more immersive. Well, at least for me
Already doing two choice-based games. These science fiction and fantasy games that have a lot deeper story like alien invasion or monster Hunter require me to tell the story I have and not deviate from that so that's why

Reactions: Default123x

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019

so your saying it will turn out more of a movie than a game ?? but but but argh shit i'll prolly run thru it just cause your the one that made it :)

Batman187

Bʅυҽ Iʂ Tԋҽ Cσʅσυɾ, FσσƚႦαʅʅ Iʂ Tԋҽ Gαɱҽ!
Donor
Jun 19, 2020
Holy sheep. Hey Naxos, Batman187 v0.9 has arrived.

When you get the chance, could you update your walkthrough. Thanks.
I wasn't expecting this, been playing AC Valhalla for hours, was getting ready to go bed thought I'd pop on here just to reply to a few things and saw your post, really wanted to get my sleep pattern back to normal aswell. Oh well guess that can wait till tomorrow, thx for the heads up AceOfNiagara :ROFLMAO: (y)

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019

It's a good idea to make it kinetic. Since you'll eventually re-something on it anyway, it might as well be the option of having choices :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note though, as long as it's engaging, people will play it most likely, with that said, kinetic isn't something the majority will give a chance.

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes