4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I actually think it's the other way around. The reviews were sorted by time when posted. If you let the review stayed from demo to version 1.0, then you can clearly see the progression of the game development based on people's reviews.

Good to bad: you'll see 4-5-star reviews early on, and then going down to 3-2-1-star reviews
Bad to good: you'll see 1-2-star reviews early on, and then climbing up to 3-4-5-star reviews
Consistent quality: you'll see similar rating throughout the whole development

And if you only want the latest update reviews, you can simply see the first few reviews shown on the review page because it's sorted from the newest to oldest reviews. Simply put more weight to the newer reviews instead of the older reviews.

Constantly updating reviews is inefficient because let's say you played a game at version 0.5 (which is more than your threshold of 0.3) and you found it bad so you left a 2-star rating review. It wouldn't make sense for you update your review by 1.0 because you'd drop the game before then.

Reviewing a demo is not any different than an article reviewing a pilot of a new TV series. It doesn't reflect the whole overall production and it's never intended to be, it simply reviews the pilot on whether it's good enough to go on or not.

So essentially, my demo's review is simply saying "the demo is not good" and not "the game is not good"

Yup. This is the same person who posted his own game here (a pirate site) hoping for patronage (cha-ching $$), and then asked people to not post patreon updates here.

And looking at his posts here, he never really acknowledged the criticisms/mistakes on the demo either. We still have no answer why MC had no eyebrows, why Miracle has vampire fangs, why Miracle's name being the first character in the game is already written with a typo as Miralce, why a writer had so many misspelled words in the script, why all the girls have the same behavior though they were supposed to have different personalities, and so on. The closest thing we got was the part where Miracle was reading the novel intensely but the book wasn't even opened, and his reply was simply a "lol cut us some slack" as if it's too much to ask for the image to match the script. But like you said, all anyone ever get is lols.

After the few interaction in the last few days, my impression is he's simply one of those people who underestimated the difficulty of making adult video game. Coming from a writing background, he automatically assumed his writing is well above most of others (so far nothing to suggest this is true), and thought it'd be easy to make a good game. So when he realized there are a few people who didn't particularly enjoy his demo, he had to come up with something to turn things around and try to paint better picture.

Just look at what he had posted so far in defense, "Not to brag but ...", "There are many people who like this", "I already have many patrons", "Your review is premature", etc. Things that were irrelevant to the actual discussion (criticism of what went wrong with the demo).

Probably a little off-topic, but his posts really feel like they have extremely similar pattern to Donald Trump's speech/tweets. And that's not a good sign.
Lol dude, you're making so many assumptions and accusations like they're facts, and comparing me to Trump? Lmao. But you're entitled to your opinions. All I can say is thanks for trying out the demo, and I hope you check out future updates. This is my last comment to you. Have a fantastic day.

Last edited:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
and comparing me to Trump?
I'm not comparing you to Trump as a person. I'm comparing your speech patterns where both of you:
1. Ignore negative facts as if they didn't exist
2. Bring up irrelevant positive facts to paint a fake brighter picture

This is why my impression of you as the dev is not a good one. You over-promised and under-delivered, and you shied away from the criticisms. The first step to solve a problem is to acknowledge there is a problem. You ignoring negative facts (e.g.: MC having no eyebrow, plentiful of typo, etc) and staying quiet about them makes it sound like you aren't even willing to acknowledge the shortcomings of your demo.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I'm not comparing you to Trump as a person. I'm comparing your speech patterns where both of you:
1. Ignore negative facts as if they didn't exist
2. Bring up irrelevant positive facts to paint a fake brighter picture

This is why my impression of you as the dev is not a good one. You over-promised and under-delivered, and you shied away from the criticisms. The first step to solve a problem is to acknowledge there is a problem. You ignoring negative facts (e.g.: MC having no eyebrow, plentiful of typo, etc) and staying quiet about them makes it sound like you aren't even willing to acknowledge the shortcomings of your demo.
Do you intend to play the next release? If so, do you intend to give an honest appraisal of your play at that time?

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Do you intend to play the next release? If so, do you intend to give an honest appraisal of your play at that time?
Yes and yes. If I remember to, I'd even do another "play-by-play" impression like what I did for the demo.

I'll at least give another chance to see whether a fix is done to the easily fixable things such as typo and user experience (i.e.: matching the image with the text). I'm more than happy to start from scratch as well to see whether there's any meaningful improvement between the demo and the next update.

Reactions: Walter Victor

arms99

May 11, 2018
Plus side, MC finally got that much needed eyebrow transplant. Also, I'm liking the new girl (Sabrina), I think she has a lot of potential :love:

Down side, not a fan of the new Paris, I prefer the old model much much more. Although, that's just my personal opinion and I'm sure others will disagree.

Reactions: repuindy

arms99

May 11, 2018
Demo v2 is the same as v0.1 but with some correction in just some of the pics.
There is no new content.
You're confusing this v0.1 (only on android for the moment) with with the original demo. This has new content, a new Paris model as well as extra content which includes the intro to new girl Sabrina. Surprisingly, only the unofficial android version has leaked and not the PC (first time I've seen that happen)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
You're confusing this v0.1 (only on android for the moment) with with the original demo. This has new content, a new Paris model as well as extra content which includes the intro to new girl Sabrina. Surprisingly, only the unofficial android version has leaked and not the PC (first time I've seen that happen)
It may have new models but there is no new content because I can hold down the ctrl key and skip all the way to the end which was the same ending I got last time.
Demo 1 was the same as Demo 2 that someone said came out today but its the same with no new content other than some pics were changed out and look better.

And Sasha face still has not been fixed. PP 2019-09-11 19-56-49-18.jpg

arms99

May 11, 2018
It may have new models but there is no new content because I can hold down the ctrl key and skip all the way to the end which was the same ending I got last time.
Demo 1 was the same as Demo 2 that someone said came out today but its the same with no new content other than some pics were changed out and look better.
There's definitely new content. I have demo 2 on my pc, the new girl Sabrina wasn't in it

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
There's definitely new content. I have demo 2 on my pc, the new girl Sabrina wasn't in it
When I first played this about a month ago all 3 girls were there and there here today.

Maybe I am missing something here, the demo 2 is the old pc version and the v.1 is the new one only for android only and that is the one that has new content.

arms99

May 11, 2018
When I first played this about a month ago all 3 girls were there and there here today.
Yeah, but Sabrina is not one of the 3 girls. The girls are Paris, Sasha and Miracle.

Did you try the android port that was posted today?

arms99

May 11, 2018
Maybe I am missing something here, the demo 2 is the old pc version and the v.1 is the new one only for android only and that is the one that has new content.
Yeah, only the android port that was released today has new content.

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Ptolemy game means it is going to be filled with absolute pretentious writing, little to no choice and extreme linearity, very few sex scenes and and erupt ending. Since this is a Ptolemy game it is factual to assume that 70% of the future releases will feature no scenes, but people talking at dinner tables, inside cars etc. ... thanks but no thanks.
Actually Ptolemy is not involved in this games writing at all we do is the posing and rendering. SuperWriter does everything else so the missing eyebrows were our bad we have fixed it. Also Ceesko we like games with a story, not just meaningless sex. I'm sure you can find a ton of shitty Russian made games with bad renders sex for no reason and atrocious use of the English language. We are and always will be more story focused which is why we teamed up with an actual writer like SuperWriter Is he new to writing VN's yep but I'm sure he can work out the difference in writing styles between a Noval and a VN script. Also, a Demo is a Demo there made to iron out the kinks and everything is subject to change.

Last edited:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Actually Ptolemy is not involved in this games writing at all we do is the posing and rendering. SuperWriter does everything else so the missing eyebrows were our bad we have fixed it. Also Ceesko we like games with a story, not just meaningless sex. I'm sure you can find a ton of shitty Russian made games with bad renders sex for no reason and atrocious use of the English language. We are and always will be more story focused which is why we teamed up with an actual writer like SuperWriter Is he new to writing VN's yep but I'm sure he can work out the difference in writing styles between a Noval and a VN script. Also, a Demo is a Demo there made to iron out the kinks and everything is subject to change.
Can you please add some Engrish and Spanglish to this game. It makes it SO real for me! /end sarcasm ;)

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
so the missing eyebrows were our bad we have fixed it.
Just out of curiosity, how was the missing eyebrows completely gone through to the demo version that was released? Did nobody in the team (both Ptolemy's and SW's) notice it at all? I can generally understand if devs missed some of this and that in the game, but I thought the missing eyebrows of the MC should be something that is really obvious.

Thanks for fixing it. (y)

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes