4.00 star(s) 107 Votes

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Even more are confused by "software-style" version numbering. You'll get plenty of people saying "0.9 that means it's one step from being finished right?"

It's a sad day when a "visual novel" can't use chapter numbering because people don't understand how chapter numbering works...
We have had the version numbering conversation a shocking number of times on the Harem Hotel thread. Some people have a really hard time understanding that v0.10 ≠ v0.1.
Lol Seems there's no perfect solution... Maybe I'll just call them updates? Picture Perfect (update 10 of 14)

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
Öhm, now i already know the first questions: "Are all Updates included or are this standalone updates" :ROFLMAO:

doesn´t really matter how the updates are called or used, there will alway be peops who ask bout it ... That are the Adult RuleZ "Ask before look & read something myself" :ROFLMAO:
That's easy enough to fix (update 1 to 10 of 14).

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
Lol Seems there's no perfect solution... Maybe I'll just call them updates? Picture Perfect (update 10 of 14)
Internally use your preferred versioning scheme, externally use chapters? If I ever were to release a game I'd be very tempted to screw up the versioning just to fuck with the F95 forum users. Start with a 1.0 release with no content, and following up with 1.pi , e.17, 4^0.92 etcetera. And watch the ensuing wailing and gnashing of teeth. Might not be the smartest business decision though.

thehexcomplex

Feb 1, 2019
I have to be totally honest in that I'm a little disappointed in the announcement on Friday. From what I've seen of the comparison renders, it seems like a lot of time/investment for something that isn't going to make a huge difference. Obviously SW is entitled to do whatever he thinks is right for the game, I will probably be proven wrong in the impact it makes, and will continue to support SW and the game regardless.

• Angry
Reactions: Balu83

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
I have to be totally honest in that I'm a little disappointed in the announcement on Friday. From what I've seen of the comparison renders, it seems like a lot of time/investment for something that isn't going to make a huge difference. Obviously SW is entitled to do whatever he thinks is right for the game, I will probably be proven wrong in the impact it makes, and will continue to support SW and the game regardless.
SOHRIG.png -------------> SBAB.png

593-2.png ------------------> Np.png

You honestly don't find these as improvements? Sabrina with higher quality textures, and much better lighting on Paris? The before pics were about 9 months ago around the time i started doing renders, and I know wayyy more after studying and learning.

Trust me, the new renders will look twice as better with my new skills. Just give it a chance =]

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
It definately makes a difference, Sabrina's face looks more... realistic, she looks less generated.
And Paris looks less like she has a spotlight on her.
Both of which come from you continuing to learn, a year from now that before versus to new current at that time will probably look like day vs night
All in all keep the versioning how you feel it works, it could be Chapter 9 ver 394.63.1, and most of us would know what it meant.
I say this to a lot of Devs, just do what you want to do, its your story, those who have liked it so far will continue doing so, the improved graphics hopefully bringing more people who have money, and that will help you do more of what you want to do, If we give you grief for no reason, Please ignore us.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
View attachment 793122 -------------> View attachment 793123

View attachment 793124 ------------------> View attachment 793125

You honestly don't find these as improvements? Sabrina with higher quality textures, and much better lighting on Paris? The before pics were about 9 months ago around the time i started doing renders, and I know wayyy more after studying and learning.

Trust me, the new renders will look twice as better with my new skills. Just give it a chance =]
Just saw the new renders on Patreon (except Paris, I must have missed that). As already mentioned there, the most improvement is with Sabrina. Damn, she's suddenly the prettiest of the girls (immediately duck in front of the Sasha fans here...). With Paris the render quality is of course much better, too - but she suddenly looks (at least to me) much older, almost like the age of the MC. But maybe it's the light in the night with the shadows in her face. Well, let's see later in the game in daylight.

But as said here before, do your thing, and I have no doubt that something great will come out of it.

Last edited:

BigDaddyDom

Mar 4, 2020
View attachment 793122 -------------> View attachment 793123

View attachment 793124 ------------------> View attachment 793125

Definitely an improvement in the new renders. Sabrina indeed looks much better and more realistic

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
It definately makes a difference, Sabrina's face looks more... realistic, she looks less generated.
And Paris looks less like she has a spotlight on her.
Both of which come from you continuing to learn, a year from now that before versus to new current at that time will probably look like day vs night
All in all keep the versioning how you feel it works, it could be Chapter 9 ver 394.63.1, and most of us would know what it meant.
I say this to a lot of Devs, just do what you want to do, its your story, those who have liked it so far will continue doing so, the improved graphics hopefully bringing more people who have money, and that will help you do more of what you want to do, If we give you grief for no reason, Please ignore us.
Hahah, thanks a lot for saying all that and I seriously appreciate the support because all I want is to give you guys the best games possible! That is my absolute goal

Just saw the new renders on Patreon (except Paris, I must have missed that). As already mentioned there, the most improvement is with Sabrina. Damn, she's suddenly the prettiest of the girls (immediately duck in front of the Sasha fans here...). With Paris the render quality is of course much better, too - but she suddenly looks (at least to me) much older, almost like the age of the MC. But maybe it's the light in the night with the shadows in her face. Well, let's see later in the game in daylight.

But as said here before, do your thing, and I have no doubt that something great will come out of it.
LOL You really do have a death with challenging the Sasha lovers, but yeah, I agree that Sabrina now is way better than the old version. I'll have to see what you mean about Paris but she looks fine to me. Thanks, kog!

Nice cross over with Secret Summer, love your work :love:

I'm hoping it crosses both ways.
Yup, I definitely plan to do the same! Glad you enjoyed it

Definitely an improvement in the new renders. Sabrina indeed looks much better and more realistic
Thanks as always, Dom! Really happy you are satisfied with the new look. I really think it's going to make the game so much better

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
PORIG.png ----------------------> PNEW3.png

Yes, I am changing Paris' model 2 the one you see for two very important reasons.

1) The original was created by someone else and I was never happy with her, but I did not want to complain when we were working together, as I was a new developer.

2. I found out recently that she is actually a stock model that has been in other games and I absolutely do not want my girls in other games. Beatrix is the model name.

So I know, guysss. some of you will like the old model and some of you will like the new, just give it a chance when you play the new story.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
View attachment 793938 ----------------------> View attachment 793939

Yes, I am changing Paris' model 2 the one you see for two very important reasons.

1) The original was created by someone else and I was never happy with her, but I did not want to complain when we were working together, as I was a new developer.

2. I found out recently that she is actually a stock model that has been in other games and I absolutely do not want my girls in other games. Beatrix is the model name.

So I know, guysss. some of you will like the old model and some of you will like the new, just give it a chance when you play the new story.
Honestly this is the first change I really don’t like. And only because the new Paris doesn’t really resemble the old one (I understand why). My main objection though is because the old model looked older in age and more “sassy” or “bossy”. The new model is softer and more vulnerable, less believable as someone who could be motherly to Sasha and Miracle and act as a wife to the MC.
Obviously your game and your decision, just wanted to share my thoughts.

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018
Oh shit, hopefully I'm not to blame for the changes (because I said she looks a bit too old in the remaster version before)... well, the new model is really cute, but looks even younger than Miracle...well, definitely younger than the new miracle...

Reactions: MrFriendly

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Oh shit, hopefully I'm not to blame for the changes (because I said she looks a bit too old in the remaster version before)... well, the new model is really cute, but looks even younger than Miracle...well, definitely younger than the new miracle...
Lol I get dozens of comments a week asking me to change this or include that. If I listened to everybody who didn't like something, my stories would be unrecognizable.

I do whatever is right for the story. Period

But she definitely does not look younger than the new Miracle. To me anyway lol

Deleted member 1322027

Born of the void, powered by cringe.
Mar 24, 2019
Lol I get dozens of comments a week asking me to change this or include that. If I listened to everybody who didn't like something, my stories would be unrecognizable.

congrats on getting your game on steam :D

KoGa3

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Aug 14, 2018

No problem, was just my first thought about the new Paris. And as I said, she looks very pretty indeed. I just have to get the "old" (Ha ha) Paris out of my head, and I' ll manage somehow. Well, and actually Sabrina 2.0 is my new favorite girl when it comes to cute faces anyway...

4.00 star(s) 107 Votes