4.10 star(s) 193 Votes

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
DA22 I would love to see your stuff. My fingers are typed out with bug reports and all my rambles earlier!

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Actually one thing I will preface and leave off with.

Almost all the gods and goddesses from each successive culture was founded or derived from the Sumer and or Indus Valley deities. They assumed many names and particular aspects. One might think they are the same in "real world" mythology, but they could be successive generations of vampires, or legends of the ancients cropping up in new cultures. Many are recycled.
Inanna is truly the source for more than 20 other cultural deities. Sometimes more than one deity in the same pantheon. (greek word for the familial collection of gods lol Greek Gods have Vast influence over Middle East, Europe and the Americas.)
Not to offend the religious, but even "God" of the christian faith and jewish faith/islam is derived from a Babylonian =>Sumerian God. Historically of course, again not wanting any jyhads or crusades or whatever.
Peace

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
I really loved this game, so much VtM vibes. Not the typical kind of graphic novel you see here. Glad to see an update.

Reactions: Arigon

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
True though it would be better likely to say that Aphrodite inherited aspects of those two through other later pantheons and also got some from other inspirations like what later in Roman times became Alma Mater religion. A more direct descendant that took a lot of Inanna would be Isis I would say, they are pretty similar overall and share a lot of myths. In Greek mythology aspects of her can be found in a few Goddesses more as one per se is my guess, but I just dabble in Mythologies and are not an expert as such, so take it with a grain of salt or two. :p

For Arigon well let's spoiler this but what if that start of episode 4 with cave is also a take on the old tale of the Greek poet that entered the underworld looking for his death love, his name was somewhat like Virgil and I believe Virgil did that story as well besides his role in Inferno and we have of course also that Inanna and Isis legend, what if episode 4 will be partly about MC's descent in the underworld and if so what role will Virgil and others play and whom is he intending to bring back, Laurie or Sharon or even C with him possibly running into Inanna and/or Eski and then with the twist MC is a vamp? Or is it Virgil that will be looking for someone and he will take the role of the old Greek poet instead of guide? :p
Dante wrote the Inferno and was the protagonist. Virgil was his guide!

Reactions: imzahai

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
but they could be successive generations of vampires,
Got one for you : Sehkmet ; Warrior goddess and goddess of healing (Life and death) Her name means “powerful,” and Sekhmet was also the goddess of war, who fought and destroyed many enemies of the sun god Ra. In battle she entered a fierce rage that could only be calmed by drinking blood.

She had no problems with sunlight though ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: DA22 and Arigon

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
Actually one thing I will preface and leave off with.

Almost all the gods and goddesses from each successive culture was founded or derived from the Sumer and or Indus Valley deities. They assumed many names and particular aspects. One might think they are the same in "real world" mythology, but they could be successive generations of vampires, or legends of the ancients cropping up in new cultures. Many are recycled.
Inanna is truly the source for more than 20 other cultural deities. Sometimes more than one deity in the same pantheon. (greek word for the familial collection of gods lol Greek Gods have Vast influence over Middle East, Europe and the Americas.)
Not to offend the religious, but even "God" of the christian faith and jewish faith/islam is derived from a Babylonian =>Sumerian God. Historically of course, again not wanting any jyhads or crusades or whatever.
Peace
herm you mean that passage in the old testament that uses the Jewish term for plural indicating that originally there would have been other gods for other people but Jehovah was the one who was "entrusted" with the lands of cana?
or the dead sea scrolls where there are reference to other 34 gods for other 34 people and with the jew and his god the world they had had a total of 35 different people and gods?
meaning that the one god was cultural and not religious canon and people with more then 1 god where mixes of different people that had come together... while the ones that kept their 1 god where "pure"!

there is also the case that the passage to monotheism is related to the need to keep one´s identity... not like a country might be invaded and their population dislodged and moved around and their only connecting point would be to double down on who that people´s god is so the one true god for the one true people.... imagine going on vacation over to Babylon for 400 years and returning exactly just the same...

its also the reason why the children of Jewish women are automatically Jews but the sons of Jewish men must convert...

so yes Jehovah was just another god originally probably also connected to Inna and eriskh and all the ones that fallowed Enke in the war against Apsu (you know Tiamat´s husband...) the original big bad ass daddy figure, Tiamat was actually the destroyer/chaos until Marduk the son of Enke (the sun god...) killed her and assigned all the different gods to diferent tasks and people bringing order into the world where before there was just Tiamat and Chaos!

so Apsu and Tiamat make Enke who fathers Marduk...

Also Marduk assigned jobs to his brothers and sisters and not had children himself ...

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
DA22 I would love to see your stuff. My fingers are typed out with bug reports and all my rambles earlier!
Ok I will put down one theory of how it might be different as prowess of MC deciding it in the end tomorrow if I have the time, remember it is quite fanciful and lots of assumptions but could fit, no guarantee devs will take it there though or close or ever wanted to. :p Real tinfoiling, where I am oppositely quite sure there will be some form of a descent for some reason in underworld by MC and yeah way too long ago I read Inferno, over 30 years now. :p

Just when I thought about Inferno I remembered that one reason Virgil was the guide is that he worked on a version of that older Greek myth about someone entering the underworld to bring back his wife but failed cause he looked back at her.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
herm you mean that passage in the old testament that uses the Jewish term for plural indicating that originally there would have been other gods for other people but Jehovah was the one who was "entrusted" with the lands of cana?
Jehovah or Yahweh apparently is an equivalent to Enki (who happens to be Innanna's father) and yeah this text suggest Yahweh was the first god that promoted monotheism (or atleast his followers did) :

In antiquity, south-eastern Canaan was a very important centre for copper smelting. While it is likely that there existed a patron deity of metallurgy, the identity of the Canaanite god of smelting remains unknown. Although some biblical writings suggest a south Canaanite origin of Yahweh, no details are provided concerning his worship prior to him becoming the god of Israel. This study explores whether Yahweh was formerly the Canaanite god of metallurgy. The following observations corroborate this hypothesis: (1) Yahweh was worshiped by the Edomites, and especially by the Kenites, a small tribe regarded as the Canaanite smelters; (2) the Israelite cult of Yahweh was associated with copper and with a bronze serpent, a typical symbol of metallurgy; (3) the melting of copper is considered in Exodus 4 as the specific sign of Yahweh; (4) a parallel exists between Yahweh and the god of metallurgy worshiped in Egypt (Ptah), Mesopotamia (Ea/Enki) and Elam (Napir), all of them being a mysterious lonely deity; (5) fighting the (other) gods is common to Yahwism and to ancient metallurgical traditions. These data suggest that, before becoming publicly worshipped in Israel, Yahweh was formerly the god of the Canaanite guild of metallurgists.

Mar 28, 2018
The choice of 'Offer Astrid' suggests to me that the dagger received as a result is for those who did not obtain claws, so that it would probably be better for those with claws to ignore the 'Offer Astrid' choice as you already have enoough 'firepower' and will have less trouble than if you give Astrid.
1645653287365.png

1645653303355.png

• Red Heart
Reactions: FatGiant

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
The choice of 'Offer Astrid' suggests to me that the dagger received as a result is for those who did not obtain claws, so that it would probably be better for those with claws to ignore the 'Offer Astrid' choice as you already have enoough 'firepower' and will have less trouble than if you give Astrid.
That's weird.... Calisto says "HIS blood".... Could've sworn she says HER blood last time i played...
We know it's a female in the cave or atleast we told Calista it is, so if she says "HIS" she knows something we don't....

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
That's weird.... Calisto says "HIS blood".... Could've sworn she says HER blood last time i played...
We know it's a female in the cave or atleast we told Calista it is, so if she says "HIS" she knows something we don't....
Do we really know the elder is female? We know that something down there seems to be a female, but what if thats NOT the elder? What if the creature that messed up the Nos was something serving the true elder?
Wheels within wheels.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Can you link the updated version again when done. As far as I remember the one in OP links to the one for episode 2 and your post about episode 3 I forgot which page it was. :p Thanks in advance. :)
I reported it to be linked in the OP, but I guess they didn't want to link it there.
No, the mods did link it in the OP, the confusion is because both the Ep2 and Ep3 save transfer hot-fix are in the OP:
DOWNLOAD
Episode 3
Win/Linux
: MEGA - - -
Mac: - MEGA - -
Others: COMPRESSED - ANDROID - TORRENT -
Save Hotfix <== (Ep3)
Extras: FAN SIGS: 1 | 2 | 3 - WALKTHROUGH - WALKTHROUGH MOD* - AUDIO/CHEATS/Walkthrough MOD - SAVE TRANSFER FIX* <== (Ep2)
Well I simply took it as an error, which is why it's one of the things changed in the other hotfix. The MC is talking about the female elder under the cemetery throughout after all.

Reactions: wurg and vogelbeest

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I think my favorite part of the update was Calisto's face turning monstrous during her sleep.

It's a nice touch and reminder; it's sometimes easy to forget these beautiful people are blood sucking fiends capable of tremendous evil lol.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
View attachment 1670828

View attachment 1670830
Actually we as players know that C is wrong and we most likely do not have enough firepower, unless what we meet first will not be one of the twins, but just a guardian and even that is likely as old as the twins or one of them have been there and powerful enough for Frank to be no trouble at all. So we might still need the dagger. :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: andrew david irving

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Do we really know the elder is female?
The Nos (Merrick and Frank) refer to it as "Her" or "She", i checked that part and even Calisto says "bring her body" before she says "HIS blood".... so i guess it's just a form fault in the text.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Actually we as players know that C is wrong and we most likely do not have enough firepower,
We don't know that, what we do know is that she can't hunt herself yet, so my guess is she's not yet on full strength, Frank and Merrick got mind controlled, so that's the most clear threat right now. There is however another factor, the other archon sent a group of vampires into your fiefdom, if they end up as food for the cave lady before you find her it might get nasty.

Reactions: Warscared

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
We don't know that, what we do know is that she can't hunt herself yet, so my guess is she's not yet on full strength, Frank and Merrick got mind controlled, so that's the most clear threat right now. There is however another factor, the other archon sent a group of vampires into your fiefdom, if they end up as food for the cave lady before you find her it might get nasty.
That last as well, but a vamp of the level of the twins would even be fully asleep be a bit more as just a challenge for C likely, let alone our poor MC that is still a 3-5 yo in comparison to an adult when he fully would come into his powers likely. Though yeah devs have kept the true power level of the twins a bit vague beyond that they are as much stronger and mythical compared to C as C is for the modern day vampires. So there is quite a bit of wiggle room for them considering we are not fully aware of the power C wields yet either beyond she is out of league of most we have met or even all of them beyond the twins, basically we have no idea yet what the twins truly can do in this setting or reversed how limited they might be. If I can get my ideas coherent enough on my other option as MC as the straw that breaks the camel back, I may enter a bit into that a little later on. :)

Also this is not VTM and though many rules might be same and based on same ideas and older/other material VTM used to come to their setting, it may not have led to same outcome for the devs of Rebirth or all be the same in the end as VTM rules. Just the fact VTM used the Judeo/Christian tradition and Cain as the first meant everyone that came later had to be weaker for example, here some of those who came later may well be stronger depending on who created them.

Last edited:
Reactions: vogelbeest
4.10 star(s) 193 Votes