harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Hey Guys I was wondering what the secret condition for the fight between Lissie and Volodar? It says on the display that you have to win without using Masochist Miracle but when it triggers it doesn't turn the circle red. So far I've really enjoyed the beginning of Part 2 but I hadn't played part 1 yet and I gotta admit I was surprised by how involved the story was. It was a decent fire emblem type story for a game of this nature.

Edit: As a further question a couple of the debuff icons have become stuck on screen after the battle is over. Is their a fix to that or do I just have to grin a bear it (which I get, I imagine making a game by yourself can be tricky).
Thanks for the kind words! I'll look into that miracle skill, activating it should trigger the condition failure, it might be that the icon is stuck. The latest hotfix is 1.06/1.062, if the game's already patched with those then another hotfix is in order! Do you remember which chapter or story section the icons started sticking around?

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I'll allow myself to answer that point, since I was the one who concieved the this character, and if anything, harold has downplayed his creepiness. I'll be blunt here: all the "problems" you've described with Bosun are the exact point of his character. It is my firm belief that in corruption genre, the deeper heroine falls and betrays her original beliefs, the better. That goes on both ideological AND personal level. If a character betrays her ideals for a hot guy, that's still corruption, but not as radical/deep as if she betrayed them for a failure of a human being like Bosun. The fact that powerful and beautiful heroines fall for an evil AND unattractive guy reinforces the act itself and makes their story more tragic - which is the point, since most corruption games like RoAW are, at their core, tragedies. This isn't a heroic fantasy, it's a descent into darkness.

For my own impressions, I'll post them when I reach the finish (I'm taking it slow), but I'm glad you've not only took over, harold, but also released the game in a finished state. Kudos for that.
Great explanation, and that's part of what attracted me to it! Usually playing as a protagonist you're pigeonholed into the good role or comedic sex addict; playing as a completely irredeemable monster is a fun change, but it's important to keep a sombre outlook on how awful they are. I know I dropped the ball on Bosun in some parts, it's tough writing a character like that, but I hope it still comes across that he's not to be celebrated.

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the rest of the game!

Chuck411

Sep 8, 2019
Thanks for the kind words! I'll look into that miracle skill, activating it should trigger the condition failure, it might be that the icon is stuck. The latest hotfix is 1.06/1.062, if the game's already patched with those then another hotfix is in order! Do you remember which chapter or story section the icons started sticking around?
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I think I figured out what was confusing me. In chapter 2 it says that the special win condition is winning without activating masochist miracle but after messing around for a quick minute I realized that what seems to turn the circle red is using Masochistic Charge. I don't know if it's a typo or the trigger is wrong.

Reactions: harold

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Sorry it took me so long to respond. I think I figured out what was confusing me. In chapter 2 it says that the special win condition is winning without activating masochist miracle but after messing around for a quick minute I realized that what seems to turn the circle red is using Masochistic Charge. I don't know if it's a typo or the trigger is wrong.
That's a typo, sorry bout that, I'll get that fixed up, thanks for bringing it up!

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
holy.... playing part one was so "wholesome" I forgot that prince wasn't even my main character lmao. This only makes the MC story going to Tyrant levels make more sense.... oh god time to see it

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Version 1.063 has been uploaded! Only change between that and 1.062 is a correction to a win condition.

Oh, also uploaded a fully updated compressed version and a Mac option!

The Android version may not happen. I've tried 3 different versions of Renp'y and 8 versions of Java SDK and JDK to no avail. The damn thing just won't package and claims the game won't run; the game absolutely runs on Android emulation built into Renp'y.

Jul 31, 2021
Did I miss something? As far as I know, I never got a battle condition after Lieri. Could this perhaps have something to do with me downloading the game then installing the gallery patch (that didn't even work for some reason :(, I even replaced the files it wanted me to replace.) Unless, that spot eventually gets filled later in the game? But It's just so weird that there's a random empty spot there, and I don't really wanna progress too much in the game then possibly having to backtrack.

1692718505867.png

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Did I miss something? As far as I know, I never got a battle condition after Lieri. Could this perhaps have something to do with me downloading the game then installing the gallery patch (that didn't even work for some reason :(, I even replaced the files it wanted me to replace.) Unless, that spot eventually gets filled later in the game? But It's just so weird that there's a random empty spot there, and I don't really wanna progress too much in the game then possibly having to backtrack.

View attachment 2870060
That's an oversight on my end, but don't worry, you didn't miss anyone so far! It's just in the wrong order.

Ivim

May 14, 2019
Screenshot_2023-08-24-17-33-06-926_cyou.joiplay.renpy.jpg happened when using joiplay during the first fight against scypius when using julia's skill. Help please

• Sad
Sep 21, 2017
Any plans to update this even further? I always thought it could use some more content, also could expand into the unknown east too, after all we only know about east as horse nomads, might as well include some more tribes/khanates to conquer.

Jul 31, 2021
Just finished the game and that was pretty amazing. I didn't play part 1 but even then I still felt a tad bad for the first protagonist. Though, if by any chance, does someone have an mp4 or a link to Ending B? One of the requirements is to not get Lieri and I don't really want to backtrack that far just to see what it is.

And as for the creator, are you by any chance, planning to create more games similar to this?

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
View attachment 2875030 happened when using joiplay during the first fight against scypius when using julia's skill. Help please
I think I've identified the issue, drop into the game folder and replace the old script.rpy. You may need to load an earlier save

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Any plans to update this even further? I always thought it could use some more content, also could expand into the unknown east too, after all we only know about east as horse nomads, might as well include some more tribes/khanates to conquer.
No plans as of yet, just fixing bugs here and there while planning the next project. Still very early days, though. If I get the urge to revisit RoAW and add post-game content it would be a side project, but I'm very open to the possibility!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Just finished the game and that was pretty amazing. I didn't play part 1 but even then I still felt a tad bad for the first protagonist. Though, if by any chance, does someone have an mp4 or a link to Ending B? One of the requirements is to not get Lieri and I don't really want to backtrack that far just to see what it is.

And as for the creator, are you by any chance, planning to create more games similar to this?
I'm glad you enjoyed it! This might help, . You could load any saves from right before chapter 17 starts if you have them and see those missing bits and go onto ending B proper. Make sure to make a backup of the original mainbase.rpy file in the game folder, then drop this file in. The gallery unlock cheat also unlocks the alternate fall scenes.

Currently in the planning part for the next game with another writer. We have a general roadmap of the plot, but still need to finalise the character designs before official announcement. What I can say now is that you will can choose how moral to be, either playing as a corrupter or defender, or maybe something more nuanced~
I'm not sure the exact timeframe for the game as a whole, but I'd love to release a meaty demo by December or January. More details will come when we announce the game officially!

oliverq

Dec 27, 2021
sorry may be a stupid question but the pixeldrain link for the 1.063 Win/Mac/Linux Full Quality downloaded a file that was still just titled 1.0, is this correct or did I mess up and download an unupdated version? Also the pixeldrain site was for some unnervingreason different, url looked normal but it had none of the usual stuff mentioning the download limit for free users.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
sorry may be a stupid question but the pixeldrain link for the 1.063 Win/Mac/Linux Full Quality downloaded a file that was still just titled 1.0, is this correct or did I mess up and download an unupdated version? Also the pixeldrain site was for some unnervingreason different, url looked normal but it had none of the usual stuff mentioning the download limit for free users.
You're good! That's the latest version, Renp'y automatically renamed my 1.063 overwrite to 1.0, but it's still updated.
As for the site, it might be because I purchased a sharing plan? I'm not entirely sure why it would be different otherwise.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes