Weewe

Jun 12, 2021
Greatly appreciate the review and constructive criticism, mate! Making the game was a huge learning experience and I still have a long way to go, but I hope to make an even better experience next game! And it will have some corruption variability, exact details to be released in a bit~

I haven't seen the Records of anime, but it's possible the original creator Tjord had seen it! I just built off of what he had made and continued in the same style.
His actual list of inspiration as you already know and some other ,i still post it

https://f95zone.to/threads/record-of-asturion-war-v0-23-tjord.65478/post-4687875

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: harold

BillWillian234

Feb 20, 2020
That's a bug, what chapter are you on? Was an update patch applied to an older save file? The flag for Velka and Lissie was added in 1.06, but can only be activated during their chapter, so saves from 1.05 and earlier may have issues.
I don't think I ever had the option to select them in the Duty Roster, the version im playing is 1.06 and the only patch I applied was one that removed the Health Bar during first half chapter 17.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I don't think I ever had the option to select them in the Duty Roster, the version im playing is 1.06 and the only patch I applied was one that removed the Health Bar during first half chapter 17.
I just added 1.062 to the hotpatch album, you only need to replace mainbase.rpy from the list. Though make a backup first, I've had some trouble with saves not working correctly after updating. I'm still trying to track down the source of that problem.

kgirlffx

Nov 9, 2019
Greatly appreciate the review and constructive criticism, mate! Making the game was a huge learning experience and I still have a long way to go, but I hope to make an even better experience next game! And it will have some corruption variability, exact details to be released in a bit~

I haven't seen the Records of anime, but it's possible the original creator Tjord had seen it! I just built off of what he had made and continued in the same style.

You did a great job revamping the game. Top notch.

• Red Heart

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Is the 1.062 hotfix cumulative, or do I need to apply the 1.061 hotfix first?
It's cumulative, no need to install earlier patches, I only left the old patches in because saves from earlier versions might not work with 1.062

Reactions: Vilbrig

JackassJeff

Jul 20, 2023
So I finished this game a couple of hours ago and I have to admit it was an enjoyable read,I played both parts to get the full story,Part 1 was decent I like the story and characters,Marek is a good protagonist so I liked reading him rise from the ashes to the top.
Now the only issues I had with the game are:part 1
1.The pacing:the fights mainly,it would start off saying this fight would be hard or long and literally the next 2 lines the huge battle is over enemy defeated and every once in a while we would fight a major boss which would either be fodder or a bit of a challenge causing me to reset the fight once or twice.
2.Marek's Base:everytime we got back to his base, I would have to read the pointless greetings(tho some where interesting) and some paralogues where just a time waste like a whole dialogue about eating potatoes....
(Part 1 and 2 Main Issue)
Now to the thing I dislike the most about this game that I would have deleted it,But I spent so much time reading the game I decided to see it to the end,just so I know I didn't waste my time and that is Bosun(The Main character for part 2 who appears a few times in part 1 and is mentioned quite a bit in the first part as well),He is considered the main main character since he is the one who has the h-scenes with all the girls and corrupts them,but that is besides the point,The main issue revolving around him is his character,He is basically the laughingstock of the imperial family,He is Fat,Retarded(By his siblings and people who know him standards but he is smarter than he looks obviously otherwise he wouldn't be the mc) and worse yet is his personality,Reading his dialogue just makes me want to off myself,Out of all the characters the dev could have made for us to play as it had to be him,It felt like Bosun was the self insert of some overweight loner who has fantasies about corrupting everyone,Like why couldn't the dev just make Bosun a normal character,Hell he could have just been the underdog of the imperial siblings but with his *powers* he rises through the ranks and takes over the empire,Still its not all bad I did enjoy Part 2 more than part 1 but everytime Bosun appeared i wanted to delete the game,cuz I honestly couldn't handle how he would stutter every fucking sentence and how he acts just made him one of the worse protagonists on this site,Still I do like how he progresses in the story as more plots become revealed,I still wonder want went on in the original devs head when they where making him as the guy to do the corruption.After my rant here id say this game is interesting at least,It's a kinetic novel really and you only make one or 2 choices in the game while most of the choices that decide the ending is by winning or losing battles.Still it did keep me till the end and after reading all of it,I would give it A solid 5.5/10,this is just my personal opinion but if The dude we played as was at least a better character,The game would be more enjoyable for me.

Chuck411

Sep 8, 2019
Hey Guys I was wondering what the secret condition for the fight between Lissie and Volodar? It says on the display that you have to win without using Masochist Miracle but when it triggers it doesn't turn the circle red. So far I've really enjoyed the beginning of Part 2 but I hadn't played part 1 yet and I gotta admit I was surprised by how involved the story was. It was a decent fire emblem type story for a game of this nature.

Edit: As a further question a couple of the debuff icons have become stuck on screen after the battle is over. Is their a fix to that or do I just have to grin a bear it (which I get, I imagine making a game by yourself can be tricky).

Last edited:

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Now to the thing I dislike the most about this game that I would have deleted it,But I spent so much time reading the game I decided to see it to the end,just so I know I didn't waste my time and that is Bosun (...)
I'll allow myself to answer that point, since I was the one who concieved the this character, and if anything, harold has downplayed his creepiness. I'll be blunt here: all the "problems" you've described with Bosun are the exact point of his character. It is my firm belief that in corruption genre, the deeper heroine falls and betrays her original beliefs, the better. That goes on both ideological AND personal level. If a character betrays her ideals for a hot guy, that's still corruption, but not as radical/deep as if she betrayed them for a failure of a human being like Bosun. The fact that powerful and beautiful heroines fall for an evil AND unattractive guy reinforces the act itself and makes their story more tragic - which is the point, since most corruption games like RoAW are, at their core, tragedies. This isn't a heroic fantasy, it's a descent into darkness.

For my own impressions, I'll post them when I reach the finish (I'm taking it slow), but I'm glad you've not only took over, harold, but also released the game in a finished state. Kudos for that.

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes