kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for how to unlock all the extra scenes?
I started playing today but want to prepare for that in advance.

I must say reading harold and Tjord talk about the part 2 protagonist makes me really excited to reach that part. You guys get corruption. I really don't like how so many games make the rapist, often demonic or mind controller protagonist a funny guy or somehow secretly heroic. I hate when corruption games backtrack by stating how the heroines actually are better this way and so on. Corruption is about perverting something that was once pure. What people often suggest as "fixes" to corruption stories just make it.... Not corruption (or very light corruption), and more a revenge story about someone who was unjustly downtrodden and used morally gray methods to get his due. Glad to know that will not be the case.
But for now, I'm still doing Part 1, so I'll share my thoughts on Part 2 once I actually get there.

EDIT: just to be extra sure, having downloaded from the "1.063 Win/Mac/Linux Full Quality" version I don't need to download the patches, right? Since they all go up to 1.062. Asking because both the file and the About section in the game proper still say Version 1.0

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: harold
Nov 28, 2019
Jesus fucking christ this is the best damn corruption game I've ever played. I'm as equally interested in the story and writing as I am turned on. Also the idea of slowly invading countries Hoi4 style and corrupting the generals is genius, would love to see more games in this style.

• Red Heart

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Okay.... I thought for long if I should just give me quick opinion on Redux, or go onto more detail and end up as a harsh critic. In the end, since you're going to make another game harold, I think you'll benefit more if I am (very) nitpicky. I'll also use my very vague plans as to provide a counterperspective, but those are of course matter of taste, and since I dropped the game, your vision takes prioroty.

Just to preface the critique: I enjoyed the game very much and would give it easy 5/5 review if I wasn't an author of the first part. Okay, so let's go. This will be long.

Technicals:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Characters and Erotica:

Story:

This ended way more harsh than I intended, but I hope you won't take this critique wrong way; hopefully, this will only help you to improve your craft. As I wrote before, this is still a great corruption game. To paraphrase certain famous corruptor, I will be watching your career with great interest :)

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Okay.... I thought for long if I should just give me quick opinion on Redux, or go onto more detail and end up as a harsh critic. In the end, since you're going to make another game harold, I think you'll benefit more if I am (very) nitpicky. I'll also use my very vague plans as to provide a counterperspective, but those are of course matter of taste, and since I dropped the game, your vision takes prioroty.

Just to preface the critique: I enjoyed the game very much and would give it easy 5/5 review if I wasn't an author of the first part. Okay, so let's go. This will be long.

Technicals:

Characters and Erotica:

Story:

This ended way more harsh than I intended, but I hope you won't take this critique wrong way; hopefully, this will only help you to improve your craft. As I wrote before, this is still a great corruption game. To paraphrase certain famous corruptor, I will be watching your career with great interest :)
I appreciate the critique, and I agree, especially about the story parts. In particular the Faerion section, I heavily second-guessed myself and rewrote it several times.
And looking back, it is clear that Faerion should have been the finale or near the end..
I do love that design for the elves, looks bloody good!

And as for the Jehan/Bourrion mix-up? I had a bit of trouble keeping them straight in my head, so I accidentally attributed more to Bourrion than Jehan!

Again, thanks for the original, and thanks for the constructive criticism! I'll make careful note of those points. At least I can say I won't be using nearly as many main heroines in the next game!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Is there a walkthrough for how to unlock all the extra scenes?
I started playing today but want to prepare for that in advance.

I must say reading harold and Tjord talk about the part 2 protagonist makes me really excited to reach that part. You guys get corruption. I really don't like how so many games make the rapist, often demonic or mind controller protagonist a funny guy or somehow secretly heroic. I hate when corruption games backtrack by stating how the heroines actually are better this way and so on. Corruption is about perverting something that was once pure. What people often suggest as "fixes" to corruption stories just make it.... Not corruption (or very light corruption), and more a revenge story about someone who was unjustly downtrodden and used morally gray methods to get his due. Glad to know that will not be the case.
But for now, I'm still doing Part 1, so I'll share my thoughts on Part 2 once I actually get there.

EDIT: just to be extra sure, having downloaded from the "1.063 Win/Mac/Linux Full Quality" version I don't need to download the patches, right? Since they all go up to 1.062. Asking because both the file and the About section in the game proper still say Version 1.0
Yup, you don't need the patches if you download the full quality version, so you're all set! I'm hoping you enjoy the game!

And hard agree. Games like Yamizome Revenger are fun, but the corruption parts feel like they're holding back. Sometimes people just want to play a villain, plain and simple. The small number of downright evil MCs versus anti-hero or misunderstood villain MCs is just heartbreaking sometimes!

As for the walkthrough, most extra scenes are behind battles with clear conditions. But

Reactions: kzk0987

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Jesus fucking christ this is the best damn corruption game I've ever played. I'm as equally interested in the story and writing as I am turned on. Also the idea of slowly invading countries Hoi4 style and corrupting the generals is genius, would love to see more games in this style.
I appreciate the love! Tjord is the main brain behind the invasion story, I just tried following up with an ending!

it.baeck

Feb 4, 2018
I did not expect Part 1 to be so long, quite a lot of effort for "just" the lore.
So far im enjoying it tho, didnt finish part 1 on my first day playing tho lol.

• Haha

throwawayane1

Mar 9, 2022
Very cool chance to see an original dev critique a spiritual successor. Respect to both of you for this great experience! I just played and, while the transformations were fairly underbaked and repetitive for my liking, it's still a new favorite corruption game on here. Not sure if you've said this elsewhere, but any future plans Harold?

• Red Heart

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
Bug report: If Velka is defeated out in the 11 turn battle Elissandra/Helena/Velka vs Marek/Turhausen, the game crashes. Sometimes it's right after she takes the blow, sometimes the game does proceed but her health bar doesn't disappear and the game crashes when it gets to her next turn.

Darksavior

Dec 2, 2018
Playing part 1 enhances the 2nd part a lot though, because you are more well versed on who you are turning. Just got to Mercia, and think I have to see B paths because I went for all slave hunts xD.

• Red Heart

kzk0987

Sep 6, 2017
Characters and Erotica:

Story:
Might be a bit tactless to butt into the conversation between the two creators of the game, but there are two things you mentioned that as a fully new player I want to offer my perspective on.

I'm still not finished with the game, probably by the weekend I'll be able to put out my own full opinions of it, but I felt I had a different perspective on the specifics you mentioned that warranted a reply.

it.baeck

Feb 4, 2018
Ok i got a lot further into the game now..
Kind of an informal review i guess.

I think the writing is pretty nice, but the Ero content wasnt that enjoyable for me, even though im a big fan of NTR and Edge.
Guessing its a mixture of disliking the models, Corruption feeling too much like Mind Control and how the sex scenes played out, that werent that hot either.
Probably not gonna play further. But it was still nice to look into.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Very cool chance to see an original dev critique a spiritual successor. Respect to both of you for this great experience! I just played and, while the transformations were fairly underbaked and repetitive for my liking, it's still a new favorite corruption game on here. Not sure if you've said this elsewhere, but any future plans Harold?
I'm glad you enjoyed it! I hope you enjoy the next game even more! There's another project in the works, but it's still very early. Once all the character designs are finalised I'll make a big post about it with more details!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Ok i got a lot further into the game now..
Kind of an informal review i guess.

I think the writing is pretty nice, but the Ero content wasnt that enjoyable for me, even though im a big fan of NTR and Edge.
Guessing its a mixture of disliking the models, Corruption feeling too much like Mind Control and how the sex scenes played out, that werent that hot either.
Probably not gonna play further. But it was still nice to look into.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm sorry this one didn't resonate with you, I hope you try the next game once it's (eventually) released!

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Might be a bit tactless to butt into the conversation between the two creators of the game, but there are two things you mentioned that as a fully new player I want to offer my perspective on.

I'm still not finished with the game, probably by the weekend I'll be able to put out my own full opinions of it, but I felt I had a different perspective on the specifics you mentioned that warranted a reply.
Thanks mate! I do share many of Tjord's sentiments overall, but I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I would love to hear more once you finish the game!

MakeMeTea

Aug 7, 2016

Technicals:

Characters and Erotica:

Story:

Oh, I also thought that elves will revive as the dark elven race, their queen even mentioned dark elves in the dialog with Marek. Actually I thought that Euphemia will became the only demonic creature through some unholy ritual associated with the elven mirror or some another ancient artifact in the end of the game. The elven plotline got the least love from my perpective, but the Harold's solution sped up the plot, I guess that was the plan.

Incest games fan

Jun 16, 2019
Version 1.063 has been uploaded! Only change between that and 1.062 is a correction to a win condition.

Oh, also uploaded a fully updated compressed version and a Mac option!

The Android version may not happen. I've tried 3 different versions of Renp'y and 8 versions of Java SDK and JDK to no avail. The damn thing just won't package and claims the game won't run; the game absolutely runs on Android emulation built into Renp'y.
Joiplay doesn't work. Android isn't happening.. How can i play this.. Man?

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Oh, I also thought that elves will revive as the dark elven race, their queen even mentioned dark elves in the dialog with Marek. Actually I thought that Euphemia will became the only demonic creature through some unholy ritual associated with the elven mirror or some another ancient artifact in the end of the game. The elven plotline got the least love from my perpective, but the Harold's solution sped up the plot, I guess that was the plan.
I really wish I had done it differently now, I second-guessed far too much with the elves...

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Joiplay doesn't work. Android isn't happening.. How can i play this.. Man?
I'm sorry about the lack of Android. Dunno much about Joiplay, but I heard there were some issues with different Android builds needing different versions, perhaps tweaking that would work?

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes