3.20 star(s) 6 Votes

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
That said, more than the gold that players accumulate throughout the game. I'm concerned more on the BP. It feels kind of heartbreaking that evolving EVERY "basic job" character you get is impossible given the lack of "order of valor" and BP points (even w/ the Master Hammer and Martial Instructions, I ignore them both for the Order of Valor, even as appealing of their respective uses, weapon repair and user weapon level increase)
By the way, yes, I went through 1 chapter 2 times and spent all the bonus points on the Order of Glory (since this is the most effective way to spend points), so there are not enough points to spend them on something else, but you still have the opportunity to buy experience for them, which seems completely useless.

Reactions: God Of Conquest

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
By the way, yes, I went through 1 chapter 2 times and spent all the bonus points on the Order of Glory (since this is the most effective way to spend points), so there are not enough points to spend them on something else, but you still have the opportunity to buy experience for them, which seems completely useless.
I use the option to buy XP mainly to manipulate the stats gains during level ups when the units are really close to 100, it's easier to control the growths in a menu than during battles after all. But yeah, the class changing items are kinda scarce to get and expensive to buy.

D3xter_

Aug 4, 2017
I use the option to buy XP mainly to manipulate the stats gains during level ups when the units are really close to 100, it's easier to control the growths in a menu than during battles after all. But yeah, the class changing items are kinda scarce to get and expensive to buy.
The fact is that in battle it is possible to control what specific level up will be, it is not so difficult to get a level with an increase in 4 characteristics. When buying experience, you can get lucky and get 4 or more characteristics per level, but this is rather an exception. If during the purchase it was possible to obtain at least 4 characteristics with a guarantee, then yes, you can still think about using bonus points for this, in the current conditions it is extremely unprofitable to spend bonus points on this (you may not get any characteristics at all).

legacywarrior62

May 31, 2018
Yes, some. For example, there's one new addition to Marek's side roster, Isolde got a new background, Grado storyline begins way earlier. Up until chapter 26 game's mostly the same though.
Alright sounds like good changes. Hopefully Isolde gets added in the team sooner, felt like her and some characters were added last minute. While Grado showing up sooner would help with their set up in the world, as near the end of part 1 I had to reread the prologue to remember what Grado was.

I guess replaying the whole game is not out of the question now (for plot purposes). hehe. and on the topic on Liselotte, she's great really, decent dmg dealer w/ decent defense, and a nifty weapon too. and if you change her class. she becomes really scary (in a good way). maybe changing the name of her "Job change"? ("Foot Knight" sounds a bit wrong for a princess)

That said, more than the gold that players accumulate throughout the game. I'm concerned more on the BP. It feels kind of heartbreaking that evolving EVERY "basic job" character you get is impossible given the lack of "order of valor" and BP points (even w/ the Master Hammer and Martial Instructions, I ignore them both for the Order of Valor, even as appealing of their respective uses, weapon repair and user weapon level increase)
Okay I think my Liselotte just had terrible level up luck then. Cause compared to Marek when using an arming sword she struggled to even get 8+ damage, while marek can easily hit 14+ or even 20+ depending on the target. Only when I let her use her unique weapon did she reach 10+ damage. Guess my Eugeo took up all her luck. As for her job name maybe princess knight, sounds generic but would fit her position more then foot knight.

True the game does limit you on choosing whether to promote units or use unique weapons. Although the game does give you enough strong units like Repanse and Junia(the Padan general in case i got her name wrong) to even out the cost of using unique weapons a fair bit. Maybe tone down the cost of BP items for easy and 20% extra exp mode. Cause part of the fun in end game of part 1 in my opinion was being the unstoppable monster the empire feared you to be.

delitacl

Jan 1, 2020
Hello, thanks for the game, I'm really enjoying it

i have some questions

-How many units can you miss?, im at ch21 and there's an empty blue box so i guess i missed someone :(
the elven archer can join you? maybe it's her, I didn't try to talk to her

-Is there a way to change the resolution of the screen?

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
-How many units can you miss?, im at ch21 and there's an empty blue box so i guess i missed someone :(
the elven archer can join you? maybe it's her, I didn't try to talk to her
It's very hard to miss a recruitable character, but may happen if such character dies as an ally.

Since you're in ch21, I'm gonna assume you missed Licinius one chapter earlier, but don't worry - you're already at stage where you'll have way more units available than there are map slots to fill. Licinius will still appear in various scenes.

-Is there a way to change the resolution of the screen?
No, it's hard-coded within engine.

delitacl

Jan 1, 2020
It's very hard to miss a recruitable character, but may happen if such character dies as an ally.

Since you're in ch21, I'm gonna assume you missed Licinius one chapter earlier, but don't worry - you're already at stage where you'll have way more units available than there are map slots to fill. Licinius will still appear in various scenes.
i didn't know who Licinius was, so i load an old save and played again ch20
And i think i found a bug

Screenshot_1.png

if there are enemies where is supposed to spawn Licinius , he didnt spawn at all
so that's why i skipped it

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Hey Tjord, first of all i gotta say i really liked your previous games especially TDLR and im glad to see you develop yet another game that is shaping up splendidly. I gotta say that really the game can be hard sometimes, and i mean hard as balls, some missions took me few replay attempts despite me being no stranger to turn based strategy.

Story is quite enjoyable and i like the characters, at first i was kind of hesitant about Bosun (since his stutter seemed quite stupid and in general i dont like the "pathetic protag" trope) but after chapter 35 and some notes i have to say there is a nice backstory for his character and why he is like this. I havent gotten far (only chapter 36 so far) but i really hope in the future he will be able to get over his "condition" and become a true Chad.
Also i have to say im a huge fan of corruption and so far you do it splendidly, i like the method you used etc... Also nice plot twists with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cant wait to uncover more mysteries in the lore like the backstory of the Jetho.

Any way now to some constructive feedback:
-There is a bug that makes each scene after chapter 34 repeat itself twice after end of battle
-Game is quite challenging but i gotta complain about pacing for a little bit, it took me over 1 irl hour to get to chapter 7. I think you could have shortened the "first" part of the game a little bit honestly but its your call in the end, i trust your judgment as i really liked your previous games.
-Weapons breaking, whats the reason for this? I know they have durability stat but repairing a weapon is 500 bonus points and by the end of chapter 6 my protag sword was already broken because it ran out of durability. Could it be possible to tone down a little bit the weapons breaking?
-Just a random though, why Gredo soldiers helmets look like snailheads lol?

All in all i have to say carry on with your vision, good game, great corruption, fun story and lore. Dont listen to some mouthbreathers that expected another 3d DAZ vanilla borefest and keep on trucking, best of luck.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019
Hey Tjord, first of all i gotta say i really liked your previous games especially TDLR and im glad to see you develop yet another game that is shaping up splendidly. I gotta say that really the game can be hard sometimes, and i mean hard as balls, some missions took me few replay attempts despite me being no stranger to turn based strategy.

Story is quite enjoyable and i like the characters, at first i was kind of hesitant about Bosun (since his stutter seemed quite stupid and in general i dont like the "pathetic protag" trope) but after chapter 35 and some notes i have to say there is a nice backstory for his character and why he is like this. I havent gotten far (only chapter 36 so far) but i really hope in the future he will be able to get over his "condition" and become a true Chad.
Also i have to say im a huge fan of corruption and so far you do it splendidly, i like the method you used etc... Also nice plot twists with
Cant wait to uncover more mysteries in the lore like the backstory of the Jetho.

Any way now to some constructive feedback:
-There is a bug that makes each scene after chapter 34 repeat itself twice after end of battle
-Game is quite challenging but i gotta complain about pacing for a little bit, it took me over 1 irl hour to get to chapter 7. I think you could have shortened the "first" part of the game a little bit honestly but its your call in the end, i trust your judgment as i really liked your previous games.
-Weapons breaking, whats the reason for this? I know they have durability stat but repairing a weapon is 500 bonus points and by the end of chapter 6 my protag sword was already broken because it ran out of durability. Could it be possible to tone down a little bit the weapons breaking?
-Just a random though, why Gredo soldiers helmets look like snailheads lol?

All in all i have to say carry on with your vision, good game, great corruption, fun story and lore. Dont listen to some mouthbreathers that expected another 3d DAZ vanilla borefest and keep on trucking, best of luck.
Exactly took the words out of my mouth friend. Finally, somebody who can see reason (PS: It's "Grado" not "Gredo", just sayin). Anyways Dev Tjord. See, I told yah. Not everybody hates part 2. Some of us have fate in the whole game (not just the parts that people like or not) and the work that you WANT to do with it. and thinking it logically, regardless if your gonna go or not with the "Revamp Plan". it is highly ethical that at the very least, you should FINISH this version of ROAW. I meant in this way, You get to improve thy skills on using Studio SRPG (means less bugs, headaches and hiccups on the revamp), get the story that YOU choose be done with and make everybody happy in the end (finish this game while preparing for "Revamp ROAW" plot, everybody wins, and since you just gonna change some or half of ROAW whole plot, It will be more easier for you to make it with a complete game than an incomplete one). And not too mention the game itself is on Ch 48 already, just 22 more chapters and your free to do whatever youwant (Start on that ROAW Revamp, TDLR 3 or some other game all together. Your call and yours alone). And of course, more supporters, patrons and fans while you do it.

Reactions: test011

Tjord

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2017
Thanks. I understand your misgivings, God Of Conquest and test011, but there's more to my decision to take different approach to the game than mere dissatisfaction coming from some players. For one, it allows me to rework some systems without worrying about save compatibility. Second, I myself grew a bit dissatisfied with certain parts of the game (like corruption scenes, which over time became a real chore to write, and entire corruption process left much to be desired).

I'm a fickle creator by nature, and like to shake things a bit too much (this is one of the reasons for bizarre turns in TDLR & Divinion, also a reason I don't want to bind myself with Patreon). There's a strong possiblity I would've grew bored with the project before reaching chapter 70.

Anyway, I've finished reworking part 1 today. It has now 35 chapters instead of 33, including two chapters from new villain's perspective. Other major changes you might expect:

-Reworked balance. Game should be now a bit more forgiving - there are less enemies, more unique weapons to be found, more gold & bonus spread around. Growth rates were slightly increased and partially bound to unit's class. They are also accessible to review in-game.
-Old weapon level is gone, replaced by Fire Emblem-esque weapon ranks (one for each weapon type). More advanced classes are now proficient with two or even three weapons. Also, some units (f.e. Lisolette, Mia) have their own unique classes.
-As of now, four characters are completely out: Bosun, Jetho, Urias and Tanya.
In terms of story, serious divergence starts after liberation of Ostashia (~ch. 25). Most chapters after that mark are new.

Metelis.png
Small teaser for a new character (functionally, she replaces Jetho).

test011

Jan 10, 2018
You do you dev-man, i just hope you dont get bogged down in endless cycle of reworks. You know what they say "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush".
Since you are doing a rework can i suggest a few things?
-More in story explanation how evil protag got his troops loyalty so quickly? I mean its fine if they follow their generals/leaders but some dialogue indicates that they are mind controlled in some way? Maybe i missed something.
-Second suggestion is also a recommendation, there is a similar game with mind control/corruption theme being developed in SRPG by some asian dev and it has a interesting feature of "character guide". A description of post and pre corruption characters, could be an interesting feature that also could help players who miss characters lore, here is a link to the game and screenshot of the thing.
-Its a shame that Bosun and Jetho are getting cut, i really hoped for some Bosun changing into Loki-like character (from Venus Blood: Frontier, pretty good corruption game), that is a scheming tactical genius going "all according to keikaku" but also being a able, likable protagonist etc... And i kinda hoped for Jetho-tf sequence if you catch my drift.
-After playing more i understand the combat better but winning requires some underhanded tricks, like kitting enemies to you. Wish the leveling up was less RNG dependent and was less obtuse. Weapon endurance is still meh feature in my eyes but i understand why its here (limiting chapter specific weapons). Maybe lower the cost of repair item?
-Since you said that you "grew a bit dissatisfied with certain parts of the game like corruption scenes", maybe you could separate those corruption scenes into "tier 1" and "tier 2" characters where tier 1 gets full event like it is now and tier 2 gets only a few slides to avoid forcing yourself to write a lot of dialogue? There is a lot of characters already and i understand that writing full dialogue for them can be tiring.
-About balance, im not sure if less enemies are necessary, i would prefer seeing less enemies that can one shot your heroes instead.

Ok and last thing since this is getting unnecessarily long now.
I really appreciate your gameplay design, SRPG might be simplistic as a turn based strategy game but even with that some missions shine as a tactical puzzles, like in mission "Defense in Depth" i literally barely made it, dealing a killing blow to the boss on turn 18 as the map was getting swarmed with enemy reinforcements. Really good and memorable moment achieved trough good design.

Feb 8, 2019
You do you dev-man, i just hope you dont get bogged down in endless cycle of reworks. You know what they say "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush".
Since you are doing a rework can i suggest a few things?
-More in story explanation how evil protag got his troops loyalty so quickly? I mean its fine if they follow their generals/leaders but some dialogue indicates that they are mind controlled in some way? Maybe i missed something.
-Second suggestion is also a recommendation, there is a similar game with mind control/corruption theme being developed in SRPG by some asian dev and it has a interesting feature of "character guide". A description of post and pre corruption characters, could be an interesting feature that also could help players who miss characters lore, here is a link to the game and screenshot of the thing.
-Its a shame that Bosun and Jetho are getting cut, i really hoped for some Bosun changing into Loki-like character (from Venus Blood: Frontier, pretty good corruption game), that is a scheming tactical genius going "all according to keikaku" but also being a able, likable protagonist etc... And i kinda hoped for Jetho-tf sequence if you catch my drift.
-After playing more i understand the combat better but winning requires some underhanded tricks, like kitting enemies to you. Wish the leveling up was less RNG dependent and was less obtuse. Weapon endurance is still meh feature in my eyes but i understand why its here (limiting chapter specific weapons). Maybe lower the cost of repair item?
-Since you said that you "grew a bit dissatisfied with certain parts of the game like corruption scenes", maybe you could separate those corruption scenes into "tier 1" and "tier 2" characters where tier 1 gets full event like it is now and tier 2 gets only a few slides to avoid forcing yourself to write a lot of dialogue? There is a lot of characters already and i understand that writing full dialogue for them can be tiring.
-About balance, im not sure if less enemies are necessary, i would prefer seeing less enemies that can one shot your heroes instead.

Ok and last thing since this is getting unnecessarily long now.
I really appreciate your gameplay design, SRPG might be simplistic as a turn based strategy game but even with that some missions shine as a tactical puzzles, like in mission "Defense in Depth" i literally barely made it, dealing a killing blow to the boss on turn 18 as the map was getting swarmed with enemy reinforcements. Really good and memorable moment achieved trough good design.
Hahaha! you played "Slaver's Quest" too? damn, Great game. (And his name is Dev "Kisenon", this is his English name) And It's quite nice too know someone who plays that game and knows English. can't whole heartedly commute with the fans there (for obvious reasons).

And the new character is quite nice. It's gonna be hell once again to replay but satisfying in it's own way I guess. Dev Tjord. When is the release? Btw.

Last edited:
Reactions: test011

test011

Jan 10, 2018
Wow i didnt think that somebody from here might have also played Slaver's Quest, yeah its pretty good game so far although quite short. Frankly i found it by accident when lurking pixiv. Im pretty happy that somebody shares my taste, kinda wish there were more ero games (especially ones with mind control/corruption) with gameplay instead of VN style.
Thats one of the main reasons why i was really captivated by ROAW in recent few days. Good and plentiful gameplay, rich setting and lore, elaborate characters with their own motivations etc... It all makes the lewd parts so much better.
I have few minor gripes with ROAW but really so far it has earned a spot in my heart as the best western corruption game of 2020.

Last edited:

test011

Jan 10, 2018
If you liked SQ, try
I've been meaning to play Aldo Senki for the longest time now but translator cant seem to work properly with it. I used Textractor but it was such a chore to play trough the game, navigate each window in textractor each translating separate part of the UI etc... If only there was a way to extract all the text from the game, translate it and insert it back into game like with RPGmaker games. Maybe im using wrong translating tool? What do you recommend?

Oh and btw about ROAW, you are remaking all corruption scenes and correcting all dialogues? Seems like a lot of work, but a small suggestion when it comes to corruption scenes, maybe make them more "im subverting your morality and changing character" than "im making you cock addict". Something like in Venus Blood: Frontier, there corrupted heroines still retained their character but at the same time their morality changed together with the corruption progress.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019
If you liked SQ, try (albeit you'd need to play with translator). It doesn't have H-content, but lots, lots of good corruption.

Hard to tell. This time I might push release until story is completed.
Hard to find a translator for SRPG Studios. (Do you have any known sites for that Dev.? sorry for bothering...) but I must say, I'm Interested if anything else.

And by "story". did you mean the script for the plot or the game itself...

Feb 8, 2019
I've been meaning to play Aldo Senki for the longest time now but translator cant seem to work properly with it. I used Textractor but it was such a chore to play trough the game, navigate each window in textractor each translating separate part of the UI etc... If only there was a way to extract all the text from the game, translate it and insert it back into game like with RPGmaker games. Maybe im using wrong translating tool? What do you recommend?

Oh and btw about ROAW, you are remaking all corruption scenes and correcting all dialogues? Seems like a lot of work, but a small suggestion when it comes to corruption scenes, maybe make them more "im subverting your morality and changing character" than "im making you cock addict". Something like in Venus Blood: Frontier, there corrupted heroines still retained their character but at the same time their morality changed together with the corruption progress.
Yeh, need that proper translator,

And in the corruption scenes, why not both? I mean why not "I'm subverting your morality and changing your character" and "I'm making you a cock addict" as well?

Reactions: DancingGet

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Yeh, need that proper translator,

And in the corruption scenes, why not both? I mean why not "I'm subverting your morality and changing your character" and "I'm making you a cock addict" as well?
I can agree broadly with the sentiment that corruption can represent both of those ideals at the same time, but the problem with the 'make them a cock addict' route as it is in the game right now is that the characters essentially have being devoted cock sleeves as there only personality trait, this tends to make them very samey and destroys the character that the first part of the game was trying to develop. So I would say it would be fine for the characters to become cock addicts once corrupted as long as they still maintain some kind of interesting personality outside it.

3.20 star(s) 6 Votes