Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes

ps123

May 4, 2017
Got one bug in 0.5.3 - when reach 200cp, after 11am, msg sister which is at achool, the picture got hang. It will not return to the previous screen.

Boom's Attic Games

Donor
Game Developer
May 27, 2017
Got one bug in 0.5.3 - when reach 200cp, after 11am, msg sister which is at achool, the picture got hang. It will not return to the previous screen.
I didn't even notice this bug, thank you for reporting this. I'll be sure to fix it for the next build.

Does it just happen at 11am or everytime she is at school?

ps123

May 4, 2017
I didn't even notice this bug, thank you for reporting this. I'll be sure to fix it for the next build.

Does it just happen at 11am or everytime she is at school?
Everytime at school, from 11am to 4pm.

Found two more
1- Sister - At 9am, after 250cp, msg sister while changing clothes at room, pic hangs.
2- Mother - After 11am to 3pm, after 250cp, msg mother at office, pic hangs.

Last edited:

Tottoro

May 24, 2017
always the chloe event, where i touch her legs, not matter what corroption, made a restart but still...

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Just a couple of suggestions for Boomatica r.e. the next builds.

A LOOOOONG time ago you used to be able to spend sexy time with your Aunt (in the previous incarnation of this game), which was pretty fun actually. I'd love to see you focus on that in the next builds, and you have some of the art assets for this already, so it might not be all that hard to sneak this back in, even if only partially implemented.

Personally, I'm good with more still images and less animations, and still images don't take nearly as much time to make as animated sequences- just a thought.

IMHO, I'd rather see the stories for the Aunt and the Twins focused on in the next couple of updates, and as for animations, those can be incorporated once these other characters are more fully implemented into the story.

Plus still images increase the download size by only small amounts, whereas animated sequences tend to take up a lot more space, and the download size is getting pretty big already.

Pepe Le Pew (F-95 staff member) has done some download size compression for other games, by optimizing .jpgs and such a bit better. And there's always or similar software for .pngs. It looks like there may be the opportunity for savings here. I just ran one of the .png images in the RiC 0.5.3 pictures folder through PNGoo, and it dropped the image size from 1584K to 455K, a significant amount.
pngoo_RiC.jpg
PNGoo does batch conversion too, so you can point it at a folder and let it work it's magic, outputting to a separate folder for later use (preserving the originals for posterity or something), or you can just overwrite them...

For those of us that like smaller downloads (i.e. on metered connections, or just like smaller downloads 'cuz they take less time to download), this can be very helpful.

Just sharing some thoughts! Keep up the good work! ;)

3.90 star(s) 13 Votes