TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
Hello, NightMirror, I've noticed one of the alterations from Day 28: Meet The Parents scenes with Tricia taking it vaginal instead of anally is missing from the main changelog for r3.8 / r3.9 when it was first announced. The new changes from previous versions of r3.9 don't include it and checking the day selector and switching updates doesn't seem to prompt the interaction at all. Matter of fact, the flag for it doesn't appear anywhere! Not updated tagged neither.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Hello, NightMirror, I've noticed one of the alterations from Day 28: Meet The Parents scenes with Tricia taking it vaginal instead of anally is missing from the main changelog for r3.8 / r3.9 when it was first announced. The new changes from previous versions of r3.9 don't include it and checking the day selector and switching updates doesn't seem to prompt the interaction at all. Matter of fact, the flag for it doesn't appear anywhere! Not updated tagged neither.
This is a bit of a mess (I had to look at my own spotty notes (and re-read some discussions)), but here is the gist: the alternate option was removed before release of r3.8P2.

Before Ferdafs vanished, this alternate option was on track to be part of the main game (planned for the original r3.9, which didn't arrive). After a lot (seriously, a crazy amount of back and forth over it), we decided (for a number of reasons) the option for an early vag sex with Tricia just didn't fit (that's what she said).

I didn't want to toss it (and lose the time/effort I'd already sunk into it, as it was done and ready to go, minus editing) so for a time it sat in the game. Then it got shuffled to a replay only option, before sadly being dropped from the update entirely. So, the reason it isn't in the change log, is because it isn't in the game... sort of.

The scene did get an implementation in a future update (r3.8P3), with some changes, morphing into Tricia's segment during the conclusion.

TheRedWiseman

Sep 10, 2022
This is a bit of a mess (I had to look at my own spotty notes (and re-read some discussions)), but here is the gist: the alternate option was removed before release of r3.8P2.

Before Ferdafs vanished, this alternate option was on track to be part of the main game (planned for the original r3.9, which didn't arrive). After a lot (seriously, a crazy amount of back and forth over it), we decided (for a number of reasons) the option for an early vag sex with Tricia just didn't fit (that's what she said).

I didn't want to toss it (and lose the time/effort I'd already sunk into it, as it was done and ready to go, minus editing) so for a time it sat in the game. Then it got shuffled to a replay only option, before sadly being dropped from the update entirely. So, the reason it isn't in the change log, is because it isn't in the game... sort of.

The scene did get an implementation in a future update (r3.8P3), with some changes, morphing into Tricia's segment during the conclusion.
I see, i did read it was a replay option but i couldn't replicate the results in anything so i was scratching my head what the conditions were. Check the logs: nothing. I knew i wasn't crazy because i remembered that being a scene then suddenly it didn't occur after subsequent updates. Appreciate the update and response.

kenta16807

Oct 1, 2020
What was the previous time between updates? like what sort of intervals are we lookin at here roughly
When the goin' was good...F had 2 months between updates and a lot more communication.

He got problems with the game beeing to large and started to fix that, that got us 3 months between updates
and almost no communication.(lot of work...)

Then he fell ill and things have been a bit unpredictable with total radiosilence between updates.

That's my take, my memory is not the best...all his post are over on that kimono thingy.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Is he ok? found this in mind blowers
Nah, I'm sure he's (probably) fine! Only minor brain damage.

This issue is fixed by the updated images. You can grab the r3.9.1 bug fix patch in post #1 if you'd like to fix it (and the blurry images/video) now. Or wait for the next update (whenever that arrives), as it will also be included with that.

Blank8571

Aug 23, 2019
Any one have a prepatched apk with the uncompressed pics? cant find the apk folder for the game on my pc
I'm late to this Update or just patch not really update I guess. But doesn't seem there will be Android with patch until next 'true' update?? I think?

There's a lot to catch up on for me, since only noticed op update today. Some kind of TL/DR statement including Android version standing in op may help?

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Any one have a prepatched apk with the uncompressed pics? cant find the apk folder for the game on my pc
I don't make an APK with uncompressed images, it is simply too big (more than 3GB and growing). Most mobile users won't have a big enough screen to see the difference to make adding in ~2GB (tripping the game size) worth it.

Some kind of TL/DR statement including Android version standing in op may help?
Unless the bug is game breaking, I don't update the main game release files with bug fixes (just a patch file). This is mostly due to time. Rebuilding, testing, and uploading is an all day process for me. The majority of users can download the patch, which takes far less time to build, test, and upload.

Sadly, this means that APKs don't get bug fixes (sorry android users :(), as there is no (easy) way I know for users to patch a renpy android application directly. They unfortunately have to wait for the next game update.

Reactions: Blank8571

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Is the game coming to an end.... i hope not its the best rick and morty one yet?!
Maybe not? For a long while Ferdafs vanished without a word, leaving me to either abandon the game or conclude it (I chose conclude). At the end of Jan, Ferdafs re-emerged, with new content, but that is a single update after months of silence. So, whether or not things have return to a normal-ish schedule, and new content will continue, remains to be seen. At the moment, I'm assuming new content is on it's way (either the end of this month, or start of the next is about right for the previous schedule, but, who knows, not like Ferdafs is saying).

Are you not going to add content now until ferdafs releases it? Or will you continue your storyline in parallel?
I am no longer putting out standalone updates with only my content in them. The game will only get new updates when Ferdafs puts out new content. This is mainly down to two reasons: first is version numbering, I want to continue to match the Unity game (so as to cause less confusion (too late)). And second, to not let this game take over my life, working full time to make content for it.

I do still intend to finish the conclusion, and when new installments do release they will (most likely) be in addition to the content Ferdafs puts out. I am still chipping away at the next part (part 6), but at a much slower pace.

Of course, this is all assuming Ferdafs does continue to put out content, if he falls off the face of the earth again, I'll re-evaluate.

Mar 24, 2020
I am very glad and I appreciate the great work you have been doing.
But let me just selfishly say? I demand more anal.
The new content for quite a while is lacking in it and
my degenerate fetish brain is demanding more of it.
That is all,otherwise great work thumbs up.

Reactions: parakep

mare222

Jan 24, 2018
Maybe not? For a long while Ferdafs vanished without a word, leaving me to either abandon the game or conclude it (I chose conclude). At the end of Jan, Ferdafs re-emerged, with new content, but that is a single update after months of silence. So, whether or not things have return to a normal-ish schedule, and new content will continue, remains to be seen. At the moment, I'm assuming new content is on it's way (either the end of this month, or start of the next is about right for the previous schedule, but, who knows, not like Ferdafs is saying).

I am no longer putting out standalone updates with only my content in them. The game will only get new updates when Ferdafs puts out new content. This is mainly down to two reasons: first is version numbering, I want to continue to match the Unity game (so as to cause less confusion (too late)). And second, to not let this game take over my life, working full time to make content for it.

I do still intend to finish the conclusion, and when new installments do release they will (most likely) be in addition to the content Ferdafs puts out. I am still chipping away at the next part (part 6), but at a much slower pace.

Of course, this is all assuming Ferdafs does continue to put out content, if he falls off the face of the earth again, I'll re-evaluate.
lets hope he doesnt dissappear again

Reactions: Night Mirror

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I am very glad and I appreciate the great work you have been doing.
But let me just selfishly say? I demand more anal.
The new content for quite a while is lacking in it and
my degenerate fetish brain is demanding more of it.
That is all,otherwise great work thumbs up.
I do try to slip it in where possible (that's what she said), but also have limitations for both art and story.

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Project Status Report for r4.0:

It has been a while since I put out a project status report. The last one was back at the end of Feb (in this post). While I've been active and answering questions as they come up, those are spread over several pages, so I thought I'd make one condensed post about all the stuff.

When:
First up, when is the next update? As always, this is a guess because it depend on when (if) Ferdafs put out new content. That guess is always the same (three months from the last release, not including the month it released in). Ferdafs put out the update at the end of Jan, so: Feb, Mar, Apr -> May? So, my guess is either then end of this month (Apr) or the end of next month (May). Again, it is just a guess. Once it is out, we'll turn it around as quick as possible, and I'll do status reports as I progress.

Bug Fix:
If you missed it, I put out a bug fix r3.9.1 (available from a link in post number #1), to fix the issue with the blurry images from the last update. You don't have to download them now, they will be part of the next update (in the main download, the patch only, and the uncompressed images), but it's there if you want it.

I'm still not entirely sure why they came out messed up. I was working in a different production environment than I usually do, but it's just screen captures. I've tried everything I can to fix it, but to no avail. Luckily it doesn't happen in my main work space. Still, I'll keep trying to find a solution for it.

I've also done some art corrections (at the suggestion of this post by SilentType), while I'm not able to fix all of it, a few of the images have been (I hope) improved.

Content:
The question I get asked the most is what new stuff am "I" doing. What new scenes am I adding and extra content is going into the game (and can you put in more of [insert fetish]!). For now, the answer for the next update is: no new things from me. The next update will have the new scenes from Ferdafs, but I won't have anything new ready.

I am chipping away at the next installment of the ending, and it is coming at some point, but now (if) the game is back to the way it was before (i.e. regular content drops from Ferdafs) the conclusion will still release (and be worked on), but at a much, much slower pace (or possible held back until needed, I honestly haven't decided yet).

I know this is disappointing for some who expected the game to be almost done by now, or are excited to see where the (our) story is headed, but it is the nature of the project. On the plus side of this push back does mean more time, and some things that were very much in question (such as the epilogue) now have a much higher chance of being worked on (no promises though, that is too far in the future for me).

Changes:
The biggest change coming in the next update is to the ending, primarily it's placement. It has been on day 39 (right after Space Xmas morning), making it... challenging to add new Ferdafs scenes to the game (because I expected there wouldn't be any new scenes, and they clearly can't go "after" the ending). The ending is now on "day 40" but can be floated to new days as needed (hopefully) without impacting saves or modifying dialgoue.

This move necessitates some changes to some of the scenes, but they are minor~ish. Here they are in a spoiler tag:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Features:
A minor new feature is being added in the next update. On the Do Over menu, Morty now has a button for "Incest All" that will toggle all family member settings incest on/off, instead of going to each character page and toggling it one at a time. This menu is mostly intended to be used to quickly restore game states, so this should make that slightly less tedious.

Anyhow, thanks for being awesome!

Val4nce

Aug 2, 2022
Project Status Report for r4.0:

It has been a while since I put out a project status report. The last one was back at the end of Feb (in this post). While I've been active and answering questions as they come up, those are spread over several pages, so I thought I'd make one condensed post about all the stuff.

When:
First up, when is the next update? As always, this is a guess because it depend on when (if) Ferdafs put out new content. That guess is always the same (three months from the last release, not including the month it released in). Ferdafs put out the update at the end of Jan, so: Feb, Mar, Apr -> May? So, my guess is either then end of this month (Apr) or the end of next month (May). Again, it is just a guess. Once it is out, we'll turn it around as quick as possible, and I'll do status reports as I progress.

Bug Fix:
If you missed it, I put out a bug fix r3.9.1 (available from a link in post number #1), to fix the issue with the blurry images from the last update. You don't have to download them now, they will be part of the next update (in the main download, the patch only, and the uncompressed images), but it's there if you want it.

I'm still not entirely sure why they came out messed up. I was working in a different production environment than I usually do, but it's just screen captures. I've tried everything I can to fix it, but to no avail. Luckily it doesn't happen in my main work space. Still, I'll keep trying to find a solution for it.

I've also done some art corrections (at the suggestion of this post by SilentType), while I'm not able to fix all of it, a few of the images have been (I hope) improved.

Content:
The question I get asked the most is what new stuff am "I" doing. What new scenes am I adding and extra content is going into the game (and can you put in more of [insert fetish]!). For now, the answer for the next update is: no new things from me. The next update will have the new scenes from Ferdafs, but I won't have anything new ready.

I am chipping away at the next installment of the ending, and it is coming at some point, but now (if) the game is back to the way it was before (i.e. regular content drops from Ferdafs) the conclusion will still release (and be worked on), but at a much, much slower pace (or possible held back until needed, I honestly haven't decided yet).

I know this is disappointing for some who expected the game to be almost done by now, or are excited to see where the (our) story is headed, but it is the nature of the project. On the plus side of this push back does mean more time, and some things that were very much in question (such as the epilogue) now have a much higher chance of being worked on (no promises though, that is too far in the future for me).

Changes:
The biggest change coming in the next update is to the ending, primarily it's placement. It has been on day 39 (right after Space Xmas morning), making it... challenging to add new Ferdafs scenes to the game (because I expected there wouldn't be any new scenes, and they clearly can't go "after" the ending). The ending is now on "day 40" but can be floated to new days as needed (hopefully) without impacting saves or modifying dialgoue.

This move necessitates some changes to some of the scenes, but they are minor~ish. Here they are in a spoiler tag:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Features:
A minor new feature is being added in the next update. On the Do Over menu, Morty now has a button for "Incest All" that will toggle all family member settings incest on/off, instead of going to each character page and toggling it one at a time. This menu is mostly intended to be used to quickly restore game states, so this should make that slightly less tedious.

Anyhow, thanks for being awesome!
thx, for the update
so u always say u chipp away at the conclussion what would ur estimate be how much % is done for the next part of it ? i am just curious what "chipping away" at it means i dont wanna pressure u

Night Mirror

Modder
Jun 2, 2018
thx, for the update
so u always say u chipp away at the conclussion what would ur estimate be how much % is done for the next part of it ? i am just curious what "chipping away" at it means i dont wanna pressure u
A good question, one I don't have an exact answer for. My approximation right now (based on my notes) is that I have 4 out of the 12 art elements I think I need for the next part (not counting backgrounds, which, I know I also have to make). However, there is almost always 1~3 images I haven't accounted for and don't know are missing until I play the (mostly) finished scene.

Chipping away means anything from writing edits, doing character pose work, or making art elements (finding images, doing outlines, making touch ups, all the stuff). Sometimes I put in a few minutes, or even a few hours (hasn't been hours for a while now), when I'm feeling motivated to work on it. Art... has been not really fun for me, so it's been very hard to want to spend my free time on it.

So~ maybe 25% there art wise? But as I don't have a schedule for it, the actually % completed doesn't really translate into time remaining. In theory, if I was motivated enough, I could knock the whole thing out in a day or two. Currently not the case.

That's why I said don't expect the next part soon (certainly not in the next update).

4.90 star(s) 96 Votes