Sneak Monkey

Apr 2, 2018
Not sure what's going on, but this wont extract. Never had an issue with anything else. Except Virtues... that fails to open around 50% of the updates. But yeah this wont even extract.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I will say I do love that we are going with the "Fixed Timeline" or possibly Dynamic theory though.
I hate the alternate timelines BS. Kinda takes the consequences of time travel out of it. Plus you can never really fix your present, just create a new alternate timeline.

That said, I really hope we start to see more Dynamic actions from the ripples instead of a true fixed timeline.

Reactions: arbiter221

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I will say I do love that we are going with the "Fixed Timeline" or possibly Dynamic theory though.
I hate the alternate timelines BS. Kinda takes the consequences of time travel out of it. Plus you can never really fix your present, just create a new alternate timeline.

That said, I really hope we start to see more Dynamic actions from the ripples instead of a true fixed timeline.
How do you figure it's a fixed timeline ?
This seems to be directly pulling from Steins;Gate amongst other time travel narratives, though it's clear the writer has watched and enjoyed the former enough to be inspired by it and Steins;Gate did not used a "Fixed Timeline".

Blaq Mask

Jun 25, 2019
How do you figure it's a fixed timeline ?
This seems to be directly pulling from Steins;Gate amongst other time travel narratives, though it's clear the writer has watched and enjoyed the former enough to be inspired by it and Steins;Gate did not used a "Fixed Timeline".
To be fair, we have yet to see our jaunts to the past actually affect the present in any way. It's entirely possible the past is unalterable. A big question left to answer is whether the MC is actually a bunch of people's father, and if so, how. I'm hoping for a bunch of time displaced doppelgangers, that's always fun.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
To be fair, we have yet to see our jaunts to the past actually affect the present in any way. It's entirely possible the past is unalterable. A big question left to answer is whether the MC is actually a bunch of people's father, and if so, how. I'm hoping for a bunch of time displaced doppelgangers, that's always fun.
I wouldn't go that far.
It's pretty clear that a few characters have a very real suspicion of us existing in the past.

There's even the hint from gadget boy that we "did what was required". This could have implications that the future we currently know was already shapped by us (or someone else) manipulating the past before.

I'm not eliminating the possibility of it being "Fixed" but i'm not buying with the current story telling that it is. I'm leaning more toward the Steins;Gate hybrid theory of seperate world lines each with unique divergence points.

hofuldig

Jul 5, 2017
yo, quite frankly this is amazing. the story and character development are fantastic. however the time between updates is so long its probably gonna be like 3 years before this is finished.

Reactions: notBatman747

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018
To be fair, we have yet to see our jaunts to the past actually affect the present in any way. It's entirely possible the past is unalterable.
Our... ally? said that he's already started to see very small changes to the timeline without last adventure. Right now the question doesn't seem to be whether or not the past can be changed, but how significant those changes can be.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Not sure what's going on, but this wont extract. Never had an issue with anything else. Except Virtues... that fails to open around 50% of the updates. But yeah this wont even extract.
Don't know if you figured it out yet, but I ran into the same problem using 7zip. Instead of using the "Extract All" option, go into the "7zip" options choice, and extract it that way.... "R-Click->7zip->Extract to"
It was the weirdest thing, and I have never had it happen before, but it worked.

Reactions: Sneak Monkey
4.80 star(s) 296 Votes