Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Hmmm, didn't like this update.

It seems there's no way to reject Skylar once the path is set. Boooooo.
Was going to reject her after the fallout, but nope.

So I started a new game...and boy, oh boy, are the triggers NOT expecting player to reject her. Told her no on every single occasion, it didn't mater in the slightest. There's a choice to have her give MC a ride, said no. Next scene: "I can't believe how far I've gone with Skylar, but not regretting anything"...ehm...ok...
Next conversation with her: "risk relationship with sister for Skylar or not". Don't risk it. "I am sorry I am breaking up our relationship". What relationship?

Luckily everything after that is fine. Dinner still happens, but nothing after that.
At least re-playing everything not to have that relationship going helped remind me of everything up till new update, and it's a great journey so far :)
That shouldn't be happening. I'll check it the code and get back to you. If there is a mistake, I'll fix it. Thanks for the feedback.

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
Yeah, it's her nice catch. Thanks Lykans!

The only update that has changes to the sex scenes was the ep1 rework update. Yes, Skylar's original sex scene was removed but it replaced by a way better scene in this update. The build up is more natural and means a lot more now.
But for fans who hate blueballing, have to wonder upto how many episodes one has to wait for skylar sex scene. As his episodes are not that fast release. And we are already waiting for sex scene with mom from years.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
are people playing this with their eyes closed?, Skylar clearly didnt leave for "no reason" neither bc her mom told her to do it, mc clearly got an SOS message from her last chapter.
Are you reading comments properly?
Check chapter 2 or 3, when Skylar initially breaks contact. There's whole message conversation between Skylar and MC where she clearly says she wants to call off their date and starts ghosting MC because mom told her not to trust MC.

What happened in chapters after that is different story altogether.
And like I said, that initial break + coming back with secrets = not wanting relationship with her any longer.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
As the parent of a teen that lives at home the weight that can be assigned to -any- opinion varies dramatically.
100%. As the parent of same. But to just assume that it carries no weight and be floored that it might is... Really out of touch with reality, imo.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
It seems there's no way to reject Skylar once the path is set. Boooooo.
Was going to reject her after the fallout, but nope.
I didnt turn her down because I think she went to the past and that's a hard secret for her to tell us right away. but isnt not forgiving basically rejecting her or you mean after you find out about her new tattoo's since you didnt like them.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I didnt turn her down because I think she went to the past and that's a hard secret for her to tell us right away. but isnt not forgiving basically rejecting her or you mean after you find out about her new tattoo's since you didnt like them.
Once she comes back in this update, if you were on her route so far, you can't stop the route.
So it will go on. Even if you don't hug her when she comes back, dinner + sex will still happen, no options to break off.

It's not a big deal, just needed to whine about it a bit. Took me 5 minutes to fast forward through game until new update with non-Skylar save.

Reactions: RyogoTM

Benhawkwood

Apr 20, 2021
Nothing to do with the tattoos, no. There is a choice when she returns at the start of this episode (6) and is pleading with you to forgive her. You can comfort and hug her, or choose not to. That choice has no bearing that I can tell on the rest of the chapter. Even though I wasn't even willing to give her a hug, the next day we go on a date and have sex.

I feel like -that- option there should be an off-ramp for Skylar. I have a hard time justifying my MC dating and fucking her while simultaneously being clear he does not forgive her earlier rejection.

This is also in no way, shape or form a critique of the story. The writing is phenomenal. I've Patreon subb'ed for over $100 this year. But this lack of choice feels unsatisfying to me.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Once she comes back in this update, if you were on her route so far, you can't stop the route.
So it will go on. Even if you don't hug her when she comes back, dinner + sex will still happen, no options to break off.

It's not a big deal, just needed to whine about it a bit. Took me 5 minutes to fast forward through game until new update with non-Skylar save.
Nothing to do with the tattoos, no. There is a choice when she returns at the start of this episode (6) and is pleading with you to forgive her. You can comfort and hug her, or choose not to. That choice has no bearing that I can tell on the rest of the chapter. Even though I wasn't even willing to give her a hug, the next day we go on a date and have sex.

ah good to know I assumed when given the option to forgive her or not and picking not to forgiving her was basically stopping her path. Thanks as I do plan to make some solo paths at some point. Since this isnt the type of game I like to do a harem / manwhore playstyle after I decided who my favorite girls are. Just been lazy and havent done that yet lol.

Rhinochoc

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2023
View attachment 2029355

Overview:
Ripples is a sci-fi visual novel that centers around an 18-year-old in his last year of high school. He reunites with his good friend Darci and sets off to school like any other day, but as the day goes on, he learns new information about his deceased father that has him questioning the truth about his death.​

Thread Updated: 2023-11-08
Release Date: 2023-11-06
Developer: Jestur - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.6.0
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

A NEW GAME IS REQUIRED FOR EP1 REMASTER v0.4.5

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: MEGA - - - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: MEGA - -
Android**: MEGA - -
Android Compressed**: MEGA - - -

Patches:
Extras: WALKTHROUGH - MULTI MOD* - FAN SIGNATURES - GALLERY UNLOCKER*
Thanks Jack Raven for the links.
*This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer. Download at your own risk
**You must follow the instructions inside ZIP to install the Android version correctly.

View attachment 1067694 View attachment 2006598 View attachment 2006539 View attachment 2006592 View attachment 2006543 View attachment 2006550 View attachment 2007109 View attachment 2006571 View attachment 2006587 View attachment 884919 View attachment 2007152 View attachment 1032847 View attachment 1032844 View attachment 2006607 View attachment 2006610 View attachment 2007106 View attachment 1289803 View attachment 1289804 View attachment 1289805 View attachment 1289806 View attachment 1289808 View attachment 2007147 View attachment 2007149
I really loved Riley's helicopter version <3

• Thinking Face
Reactions: shitass1001

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
That shouldn't be happening. I'll check it the code and get back to you. If there is a mistake, I'll fix it. Thanks for the feedback.
No need to investigate, found the issue.
It seems that if you press "New game" immediately after "end credits", it keeps all affection levels. Strange as fuck, but there you have it.
So I played game with Skylar route, finished it, pressed new game immediately at ending and that loaded new game with high affection scores. Knew something was strange when I checked phone and saw character bios reference events that didn't happen yet in that playthrough.

For reference, no mods involved so it was just bizarre case :)
P.S. Love the game and thank you very much for making it!

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
No need to investigate, found the issue.
It seems that if you press "New game" immediately after "end credits", it keeps all affection levels. Strange as fuck, but there you have it.
So I played game with Skylar route, finished it, pressed new game immediately at ending and that loaded new game with high affection scores. Knew something was strange when I checked phone and saw character bios reference events that didn't happen yet in that playthrough.

For reference, no mods involved so it was just bizarre case :)
P.S. Love the game and thank you very much for making it!
That is really weird. I will look into it. I can't do much right now because I'm moving on Saturday and I packed up my PC today. I'm using my mobile right now.

Simpgor

Apr 18, 2020
The elden ring dream must have done permanent damage to MC's brain......I would understand him ignoring the idea that someone got 2 full sleeves, and 2 tats the full length of their sides and somehow had them fully heal in 4 days (even if they are all black) but for him to be just be like "huh tattoos" then let over a day pass took me straight out of it. I mean he is even friends with someone who has sleeves so tats shouldn't be a foreign concept to him

I understand her feeling like she needs to lie even though its pretty cunty to be "coming clean and apologizing" while lying directly and indirectly (she lies about the sos text and she isnt truthful about how/when she got the tats)

My souring on Skylar previously and only doing forced interactions/no trust with quirky qrazy Riley really colored my perception of this update vs the previous one :HideThePain:

Last edited:

misfolk

Jan 22, 2021
The elden ring dream must have done permanent damage to MC's brain......I would understand him ignoring the idea that someone got 2 full sleeves, a doulbe shoulder blade wide, and 2 tats the full legnth of their sides and somehow had them fully heal in 4 days (even if they are all black) but for him to be just be like "huh tattoos" then let over a day pass took me stright out of it. I mean he is even friends with someone who has sleeves so tats shouldnt be a foreign concept to him
So, which year did Skylar get them done in and how much time did she actually spend there?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Maviarab

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
The elden ring dream must have done permanent damage to MC's brain......I would understand him ignoring the idea that someone got 2 full sleeves, a doulbe shoulder blade wide, and 2 tats the full legnth of their sides and somehow had them fully heal in 4 days (even if they are all black) but for him to be just be like "huh tattoos" then let over a day pass took me stright out of it. I mean he is even friends with someone who has sleeves so tats shouldnt be a foreign concept to him

I understand her feeling like she needs to lie even though its pretty cunty to be "coming clean and apologizing" while lying directly and indirectly (she lies about the sos text and she isnt truthful about how/when she got the tats)

My souring on Skylar previously and only doing forced interactions/no trust with quirky qrazy Riley really colored my perception of this update vs the previous one :HideThePain:
While yeah the tattoo part kind of made the MC seem a bit dumb. I just chalked up to the MC guessing she had something to do with going back into the past. Since she sent those weird text as well as 2 full sleeves in 4-7 days that are healed.

4.80 star(s) 289 Votes