SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
She did sleeves, then? Some are good; some aren't. Very lovely young woman IRL that I know has a half sleeve on one arm (far as she can go while still serving) and it looks fine (as does she :D). Again, for me, placement is part and what they are can also impact whether I care for it or not. Personally, I'd rather not look up from my meal and see satan sticking his tongue out at me (or Homer Simpson, or a newborn protruding up from where I'm dining), or see a bunch of gang or prison ink on a girls face, throat and upper chest. Just not my thing - just as my facial hair and longer hair might not be what a woman wants (there's a reason I use Thorin as my avatar). Everyone is welcome to effect the appearance they prefer, just as everyone else is welcome to like it or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I'm also not a fan of face tats, or really weird placed tats, those can definitely be a turn off. I rarely ever see either though thankfully. Most tats are inoffensive to me, face tats, excluding like really smalls ones, are the only ones that I really don't fuck with.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
The only thing I'm not a fan of is gauges, they kind of gross me out, ear lobes aren't supposed to stretch like that. :HideThePain:
Again, for me, depends on the piercings - mouth can get in the way and, with my seasonal allergies, the concept of having a piercing in my nose just grosses me out. What is the etiquette if you see a stalactite hanging down from one while looking at the face of your lover?

As for gauges, well, if they're the right size, they might give you a place to park your cigar while using your mouth for other things. ;)

WedgedEmu

Dec 9, 2020
Here we go with the tattoo complainers again. I understand having preferences, but it's wild being that bent out of shape over some tattoos. :rolleyes:

I'll be honest, her being a skater punk girl and all, I saw the tattoos coming from a mile away. I can understand being upset if some like, preppy goodie two shoes type of LI suddenly gets tattoos, because it would be out of character. Skylar however, it fits her character perfectly well, and we don't even know the story behind them yet really. I don't always like tattoos on girls, but I always enjoy learning the stories behind them. I'm not so shallow that I completely write off a girl based on the sole fact that she has tattoos.
It's a massive thing for me. I hate tattoos. I have never seen any that make a person look better. They are hideous. It is the most unattractive thing someone can do to their body. It disgusts me when I see them and it killed my entire mood while playing. I just wanted Skylar's section to be over with, so I read it as fast as I could and skipped her sex scene. Just to find out the 2 scenes I was missing were of the character I now found visually repulsive. What a sour end to an otherwise enjoyable update.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's a massive thing for me. I hate tattoos. I have never seen any that make a person look better. They are hideous. It is the most unattractive thing someone can do to their body. It disgusts me when I see them and it killed my entire mood while playing. I just wanted Skylar's section to be over with, so I read it as fast as I could and skipped her sex scene. Just to find out the 2 scenes I was missing were of the character I now found visually repulsive. What a sour end to an otherwise enjoyable update.
It's a massive turn on for me. I love tattoos. I have seen many that make a woman look better. They are sexy. It is one of the most attractive thing someone can do to their body. It captivates me when I see them and it enhanced my entire mood while playing. I just wanted Skylar's section to continue more, so I read it as slow as I could and fapped during her sex scene. Just to find out the 2 scenes I wasn't missing were of the character I find even sexier now. What a great end to an otherwise enjoyable update.

Jul 31, 2021
I don't get what the big deal is over body tattoos, don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of them either but the words "disgusting" and "hideous" never once crossed my mind. It's not my thing sure but I appreciate the beauty behind them and I can totally see Skylar being that type of woman to have them, so like most I wasn't surprised she had any. If some bloke isn't into that fine, but this reaction is wild mate. You sound like you have unresolved trauma. :KEK:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
What I dont understand is why it's an issue now for you because she has always had tattoo's just has some new ones now.

It's a massive turn on for me. I love tattoos. I have seen many that make a woman look better. They are sexy. It is one of the most attractive thing someone can do to their body.
i'm with you on this to a degree for whatever reason I find tramp stamps and spine tattoo's more attractive than most other ones despite them probably being considered trashy by many people.

I find tattoos repulsive and ugly. I always have and always will. I didn't realize opinions/preferences = unresolved trauma.
While I wouldn't go that far like he did but it does come across as something deeper than a dislike for tattoo's as the wording you use makes you seem overly harsh on your opinion instead of saying you just don't like it.

Last edited:

WedgedEmu

Dec 9, 2020
I don't get what the big deal is over body tattoos, don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of them either but the words "disgusting" and "hideous" never once crossed my mind. It's not my thing sure but I appreciate the beauty behind them and I can totally see Skylar being that type of woman to have them, so like most I wasn't surprised she had any. If some bloke isn't into that fine, but this reaction is wild mate. You sound like you have unresolved trauma. :KEK:
I find tattoos repulsive and ugly. I always have and always will. I didn't realize opinions/preferences = unresolved trauma.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
i'm with you on this to a degree for whatever reason I find tramp stamps and spine tattoo's more attractive than most other ones despite them probably being considered trashy by many people.
I'm not a fan of tramp stamps, myself, though I have dated women who had them. I like tattoos on women, but I was exaggerating in that post just to show people can have very different views and that doesn't make either of them any more or less correct. What I don't like is when someone comes into threads like these and think every character in the game has to cater exactly to their own interests or perception of what beauty is. Fuck what anyone else wants. They are always, "me me me me me me".

WedgedEmu

Dec 9, 2020
What I dont understand is why it's an issue now for you because she has always had tattoo's just has some new ones now.
If I remember correctly it was just the butterfly on her back, which was hardly ever in the shot. It was always a negative, but it wasn't so invasive. Now in every scene with Skylar the tattoos are on full display. There is no avoiding it and it kills the energy every time I see them.

Reactions: Majindevil

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
I mean, Skylar is clearly the #1 LI the game seems to expect MC to pursue. However, she's really not the best. I agree the new tattoos are obnoxious. It pushes her more into the "white trash" bin and maybe tips the scales a little too much. She's already a skater punk and doesn't exactly seem to be going anywhere in life. And she just abruptly breaks things off with the MC, vanishes, then suddenly comes back and it's completely fine...? No dude I'm out at that point. To me this is even more of an issue than the tattoos, it just makes her seem even more sketchy and not trustworthy.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I mean, Skylar is clearly the #1 LI the game seems to expect MC to pursue. However, she's really not the best. I agree the new tattoos are obnoxious. It pushes her more into the "white trash" bin and maybe tips the scales a little too much. She's already a skater punk and doesn't exactly seem to be going anywhere in life. And she just abruptly breaks things off with the MC, vanishes, then suddenly comes back and it's completely fine...? No dude I'm out at that point. To me this is even more of an issue than the tattoos, it just makes her seem even more sketchy and not trustworthy.
fair to have that opinion but for me it seems too quick to judge her when time travel is involved in the story. While it's not confirmed she did it's heavy implied. I also feel if skylar isn't trustworthy then so is the MC as he basically did the same thing to all this friends. At least to me I dont see a difference between what Skylar has done compared to the MC the first time he went back in time.

But I do think once we get to know Alyssa better she will be the #1 LI for me. Tho truth be told the only LI i'm even interested in is Skylar and the redhead twins. Rest are pretty much friend zone for me.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
While tattoos are not my thing - I also believe that what we are seeing on Skylar is part Skylar, part story.

She is not recording ala 'The Illustrated Man' but there could be messaging within her tattoos.

Tatoos can be a way to hide something in plain sight if what is being hidden is obscure enough (in particular if it is usually hidden anyway).

So - what do the tattoos reveal - not fully known at this time.

Let's let Jestur tell his story and see what happens down the road.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
While tattoos are not my thing - I also believe that what we are seeing on Skylar is part Skylar, part story.

She is not recording ala 'The Illustrated Man' but there could be messaging within her tattoos.

Tatoos can be a way to hide something in plain sight if what is being hidden is obscure enough (in particular if it is usually hidden anyway).

So - what do the tattoos reveal - not fully known at this time.

Let's let Jestur tell his story and see what happens down the road.

Cheers!! :coffee:
One theory is that this is not our Skylar, but a future Skylar who came back, because making those big tattoos in the time she was missing is pretty tight. And a sentence she says of having the MC inside again.

Reactions: Bill Temple

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
"Repulsive". "White Trash". Some people need to seriously re-examine their opinions. While it's allowed to have any opinion you want, some are unpleasant and unjustified, and opinions on appearance that use these terms are worrying. I'd find it difficult at best to be friends with anyone who expressed their opinions this way.

I suggest reflecting on why the need to use these terms and others like them to express an aesthetic preference.

I don't like Skylar's new tattoos. I like her old ones. Those showed personality. The new ones are generic. That bores me. Cover her arms, why not? But with something more personal. Skylar's still super hot and a cool girl and I'd date her in a second and not give much thought to the tattoos.

As for her lying to the MC. If you're going to dislike her for that then you have to also dislike the MC, who has actively lied to multiple people. Any other opinion is hypocritical. One set of rules for her, another for him.

quorkboy

Sep 26, 2020
One theory is that this is not our Skylar, but a future Skylar who came back, because making those big tattoos in the time she was missing is pretty tight. And a sentence she says of having the MC inside again.
Maybe she met present day MC in the past on one of his future visits.

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
Is there a way to remove the tattoos from Skylar or end the relationship with her (without having to essentially restart)? Seeing the new tattoos ruined any desire to see her further. Absolutely hideous.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Dis u?

There is definitely "something" going on with additional time travels over shorter amounts of times, maybe a month or so instead of 20 years. We also had a scene where someone was reacting to the MC as if he had met that person not so long ago, but the MC hadn't yet.

Edit: One would also think that a change like that on an important LI will end up having an important meaning in the story at some point. I would think that a developer wouldn't do that just for the heck of it, but because it will serve as some hook for a plot point in whatever way.

Last edited:

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
As for her lying to the MC. If you're going to dislike her for that then you have to also dislike the MC, who has actively lied to multiple people. Any other opinion is hypocritical. One set of rules for her, another for him.
Unfortunately that's just how some people think, not just here either, but in life in general.
Rules for thee not for me - do as I say, not as I do - the pot calling the kettle black. These all come to mind when I think about a lot of people, so many hypocrites now-a-days.

I see lots of hypocrisy on here especially when it comes to cheating or body count. I see people who hate the dreaded three letter tag (I'm also one who can't stand it btw), but who love games where the MC cheats left and right. I personally don't like a cheating MC, I much prefer romance/harem games that involve no cheating at all from either side. Then when it comes to body count, I see people complaining when the LI's aren't virgins, or at the very least they don't want them to have a history of casual sex. Meanwhile the MC in the game they're playing is a slut who is fucking dozens of women.

I've seen this quite a few times, and at this point I'm used to it, I just accept the fact that some people are self centered and want everything catered to themselves. I'm saying this all generally, I don't even care about the tattoos or Skylar leaving out of nowhere discussion anymore, it's not worth my time to keep discussing that one.

4.80 star(s) 293 Votes