kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Never understood why sleeve suddenly means trailer trash. Must be a cultural thing. Almost every doctor or medical worker I know have tattoos. Either way looks good to me.
I'm assuming the issue is the quantity, as opposed to the existence at all

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
I'm assuming the issue is the quantity, as opposed to the existence at all
I mean if this was truly an issue in the US then basically every nurse and like 75% of the practitioners I ever worked with would be unemployed. Most of them have sleeves or a half sleeve. Some have tattoos you could see sticking out onto their chests too. It's just not really an issue I hear people talk about anymore and haven't heard since I was a teenager in the 2000s, but I'm sure it's different in some parts of the US too.

I understand some cultures look down on it quite a bit. I thought it was funny when I went to an onsen in Japan and they had a sign out front saying "no marks of crime allowed" and understand where that association comes from. That's why I assume it's probably a cultural thing for a lot of other countries too.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I mean if this was truly an issue in the US then basically every nurse and like 75% of the practitioners I ever worked with would be unemployed. Most of them have sleeves or a half sleeve. Some have tattoos you could see sticking out onto their chests too. It's just not really an issue I hear people talk about anymore and haven't heard since I was a teenager in the 2000s, but I'm sure it's different in some parts of the US too.

I understand some cultures look down on it quite a bit. I thought it was funny when I went to an onsen in Japan and they had a sign out front saying "no marks of crime allowed" and understand where that association comes from. That's why I assume it's probably a cultural thing for a lot of other countries too.
Oh totally, I think it's a throwback. It's very much an older/younger generation thing. Good old Levy throwing in his two cents as always, You shall not make any gashes in your flesh for the dead or tattoo any marks upon you.

As an aside, I wouldn't think people with a sleeve are trailer trash, mainly cause I've seen the price of a good proper sleeve and they're meaty. No one living in a tin box is affording one of those

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
On tattoos - as an art form - they can be beautiful and illustrate some of the stories within the life of the person bearing those tattoos.

For others, they represent poor choices (like the people who can't put food on the table for their kids, but they can find the $ to add yet more tats to the increasingly rare areas of 'blank' skin on their bodies).

I personally liked original Skylar, with the large back tat and little more than that.

screenshot0001.png

I view her current tats, by themselves, as too much.

screenshot0003.png

But!!

I also think that this is part of the story (how did she get so much tat work done and fully healed in so short a time) that we need to give Jestur a pass and allow him to continue telling us more of this story.

I'm looking forward to solving the mystery presented by the Skylar who showed up at the MC's door (and the secrets she is still carrying around with her).

Can tattoos work - Yes!

I like lizzie's tattoos - they fit her character.

screenshot0002.png

For me, the added tattoos on Skylar did not fit my view of her character, and the arm tattoos were jarring, breaking up the symmetrical view of her body in a way that her back tattoo did not.

We all have our own views of beauty and where tattoos fit within them - IMO, less (tattoo) is generally better on a woman.

The tattoos did not 'ruin' Skylar for me (though they did make her less physically attractive to me), but I also don't see them as just a random thing.

They are part of her story now and one of the secrets that I'm looking forward to learning in the next few chapters.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
The very first time I played this game and saw Skylar I had the though that "I am astonished to see a rocker chick with that few tats."
So basically I see her body after the sleeve tattoos as "corrected that issue" and not a drawback of any kind.

For the record I'm not a fan of tattoos, but I can appreciate them when they are good and/or tell a story.
In Skylars case they don't "ruin" her looks, they "only" bring it up to the standard I have in mind for a rocker chick.

Keep in mind I am kind of late to the party.
I played Ripples when Skylars change already was implemented i.e. I had not overly much time to lust over her body and wait for an update.
How I see it the main issue with Skylars tattoos is nostalgia.
They mourn what they have "lost" and this issue is more or less a scapegoat discussion.

I more or less expect the Skylar MC took on a date and fucked to be from the future and the "real Skylar" is returning by chance at the end of the next chapter. Possibly surprising MC how he fucked "future Skylar" again. Just imagine her face when she goes into her room to see MC balls deep in what looks to be her twin ...

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
On tattoos - as an art form - they can be beautiful and illustrate some of the stories within the life of the person bearing those tattoos.

For others, they represent poor choices (like the people who can't put food on the table for their kids, but they can find the $ to add yet more tats to the increasingly rare areas of 'blank' skin on their bodies).

I personally liked original Skylar, with the large back tat and little more than that.

View attachment 3268016

View attachment 3268018

But!!

I also think that this is part of the story (how did she get so much tat work done and fully healed in so short a time) that we need to give Jestur a pass and allow him to continue telling us more of this story.

I'm looking forward to solving the mystery presented by the Skylar who showed up at the MC's door (and the secrets she is still carrying around with her).

Can tattoos work - Yes!

View attachment 3268020

For me, the added tattoos on Skylar did not fit my view of her character, and the arm tattoos were jarring, breaking up the symmetrical view of her body in a way that her back tattoo did not.

We all have our own views of beauty and where tattoos fit within them - IMO, less (tattoo) is generally better on a woman.

The tattoos did not 'ruin' Skylar for me (though they did make her less physically attractive to me), but I also don't see them as just a random thing.

They are part of her story now and one of the secrets that I'm looking forward to learning in the next few chapters.

A much more positive and level headed response even though I disagree on the sentiment on tattoos on women being attractive. Though I may be biased given I have several of my own and was a teenager when suicide girls was what everyone thought was peak hot girl.

Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021

Cheers man, a respectful opinion in the changes is always welcome. In my personal life i prefer girls without any tattoos, same for the piercings, but sometimes exists this type of girls where this changes in their bodies do them more likeable and attractives, is the type of girl as Skylar, all of us can have own tastes but the tattoos in this girl fit with her rock personalitie as you said.

• Hey there
Reactions: PaxHadrian17

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019

View attachment 3268016

View attachment 3268018

But!!

Can tattoos work - Yes!

View attachment 3268020

Dude i was going to write a long post about this but you just said almost everything i wanted to say. I'm not against tattoos hell i like Athena (BW), Riona and Zoey(BaDIK), Lizzie here and Kimberly(YC).

I never saw Skylar as a punk/rock girl she was a Adventrous(Mischievous)/Kinky that's why her sleeves made no sense to me i like her new lunar cycle tattoo and that suits her but full on GOTH tattoos on sleeves ?
I never saw her like that while i take Lizzie as a Goth but with Episode 6 either this is some different Skylar we're seeing or we never understood the character completely, her room and everything seems more Gothic than punk/rock girl right now.
If her story is not told in 1-2 maybe 3 chapters she would stay in trash bin(for me she is in trash bin right now with all the secrecy and don't tell me MC keeping secrets it was not my choice in the game he just spewed lies)

Cheers to you too! :coffee:

• Hey there
Reactions: PaxHadrian17

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Dude i was going to write a long post about this but you just said almost everything i wanted to say. I'm not against tattoos hell i like Athena (BW), Riona and Zoey(BaDIK), Lizzie here and Kimberly(YC).

I never saw Skylar as a punk/rock girl she was a Adventrous(Mischievous)/Kinky that's why her sleeves made no sense to me i like her new lunar cycle tattoo and that suits her but full on GOTH tattoos on sleeves ?
I never saw her like that while i take Lizzie as a Goth but with Episode 6 either this is some different Skylar we're seeing or we never understood the character completely, her room and everything seems more Gothic than punk/rock girl right now.
If her story is not told in 1-2 maybe 3 chapters she would stay in trash bin(for me she is in trash bin right now with all the secrecy and don't tell me MC keeping secrets it was not my choice in the game he just spewed lies)

Cheers to you too! :coffee:
She was gone for a "week", but the tats (and some of the conversation she had with MC) suggest it wasn't an actual "week". I think she ended up on the other side for much longer and the tats tell a story that will be part of the progression of the VN. IRL, it would take longer than a week to get all that work done unless she was going for ultra-long sessions, and her skin would still be raw. There's more to this and everyone being a little bitch about "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! TATS ON MY PERFECT SKYLAR!!!!" is way overreacting and way too divorced from reality if a character in a VN causes them to have such a virulent reaction.

IRL, people get tats and make changes to their hair and clothing style, etc. Why, when a character in a VN does the same thing, do people get all wadded up? Would you react the same way if a long time friend of yours came back into your life after an absence and wasn't precisely the same as the last time you saw them? Would you be the same or would you have changed some as well? And don't give that "fantasy versus reality" BS response because the reaction is reality.

Get over it: it's pixels on a screen and someone else is in control of them and has a vision and reason for doing them as he does. If it ain't your cuppa, well, the unwatch button is at the top right of the page.

Last edited:

daxil94

Aug 27, 2019
She was gone for a "week", but the tats (and some of the conversation she had with MC) suggest it wasn't an actual "week". I think she ended up on the other side for much longer and the tats tell a story that will be part of the progression of the VN. IRL, it would take longer than a week to get all that work done unless she was going for ultra-long sessions, and her skin would still be raw.
I saw those posts, my take is this Skylar is from the future where "Skylar" is probably past or she's kidnapped and she's saying he's inside him Again ? That's not "Skylar" not past, or 1 week after one probably only conclusion comes to my mind is this one is from future and tries to prevent something and that's why secrecy(butterfly effect y'know).

IRL, people get tats and make changes to their hair and clothing style, etc. Why, when a character in a VN does the same thing, do people get all wadded up? Would you react the same way if a long time friend of yours came back into your life after an absence and wasn't precisely the same as the last time you saw them? Would you be the same or would you have changed some as well? And don't give that "fantasy versus reality" BS response because the reaction is reality.

Get over it: it's pixels on a screen and someone else is in control of them and has a vision and reason for doing them as he does. If it ain't your cuppa, well, the unwatch button is at the top right of the page.
It's not about getting over it my man i'm already over it if i don't like a redesign she goes to the bin that's it, one thing that's a bitter taste is she was the almost only one worth romancing or solo route. And you should mind that this is not real life people usually plays this games to escape from reality and you saying get over it does not invalidates other's opinion about the matter. I don't like when dev's just redesigns/changes a character w/o some input(Patreon, forum, discord etc.) even hairstyles if redesign happens it should happen in earlier episodes while we don't know the character or via real character development. Hairstyle changes for some scenes and all are cool but changing fully just no.

This is not real life and you should not compare it to real life and don't just try to invalidate someone's opinion you might like or not but for some tattoos are a big no-no IRL, VR etc. for me as long as they're not just stupid skulls/goth just for the sake of getting a tattoo i love them but don't have any(bc. needles :KEK:)

• Angry
Reactions: buttsman69 and EJW

TsubameYui

Nov 2, 2022
Decided to give Oppai Odyssey a go after learning that's where Lym was cameo'd from. Now I can't help but think that Scarlett's necklace crystal(which also appears around Darcy's mom's neck in the cliffhanger photo) may be one of the crystals from Oppai Odyssey. Same color, and Riley's statement of how important it is, combined with Lym's cameo, makes me think it may be a bit of a crossover connection with OO. Maybe that's what Dad was researching at the plant, a dangerous, massive new energy source. Not to mention that it was given to Scar by the enigmatic April, who is very involved in the time shenanigans. Purely conjecture, but would be pretty neat to see an actual plot connection in addition to the cameos.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Decided to give Oppai Odyssey a go after learning that's where Lym was cameo'd from. Now I can't help but think that Scarlett's necklace crystal(which also appears around Darcy's mom's neck in the cliffhanger photo) may be one of the crystals from Oppai Odyssey. Same color, and Riley's statement of how important it is, combined with Lym's cameo, makes me think it may be a bit of a crossover connection with OO. Maybe that's what Dad was researching at the plant, a dangerous, massive new energy source. Not to mention that it was given to Scar by the enigmatic April, who is very involved in the time shenanigans. Purely conjecture, but would be pretty neat to see an actual plot connection in addition to the cameos.
Interesting theory, I do think its just a normal gem and not connected, but it would be kinda cool to see an actual AVN cinematic universe with actual reasons and connections for cameos instead of just for the fun of it.
Though would be incredibly difficult to coordinate with multiple devs, and probably too convoluted and ruin each individual brand.
Like I'd genuinely love to see a story connection with something like Eternum and Ripples, or a shared plot point in both the dev's next games.
But just like adult games, its just a fantasy :BootyTime:

hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
The lengths people will go to on F95 to defend their fictional fantasy girlfriends never ceases to amaze me lol.

It's been a bit since I played this so maybe I am mixing up some details but here is my recollection: This chick picked up rancid fucking trash and hurled it at a girl she had a conflict with. She disappeared abruptly (after screwing around with the MC) over some trivial bullshit (her lunatic mom who thinks she is psychic doesn't like her hanging around with the MC.) Then she just suddenly pops back up after some time (a week although clearly not a week for her because large sections of her fucking body are suddenly inked yet there is no redness, swelling, pain, nada - also for those who don't know, that is not a one-session job, that kind of work takes multiple visits spread out over time.) And she just expects MC to be cool with it, gives no explanation, then fucks his brains out.

How would you describe a girl like that? Maybe... low class...?

*Edit: I just remembered another detail, isn't this the girl that was friends with the MC's sister and randomly jerked him off at a party at some point in the past, and showed the sister a picture of the MC's cock? Oh yeah very high class. Clearly. Not trailer trash behavior at all.

And the guy that keeps saying most medical professionals have sleeve tats is the funniest one, holy shit where do you work, the medical unit at Riker's Island? Dude you are smoking crack if you think it's common for medical professionals to have huge visible tattoos in the U.S. - it absolutely is not. Most hospitals have very specific and strict policies on this stuff, they commonly limit piercings and require tattoos to be covered. So if they do have arm tats, they likely are covered under long sleeve shirts, which begs the question how are you seeing their tattoos so often that you can make this claim? Oh right it was just bullshit obviously.

4.80 star(s) 293 Votes