Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
...of the two "morning wood" scenes that are almost direct mirrors. Other aspects of both scenes were similar, such as both women giving the MC's dick a "boing" (for science!).

I noticed it when doing reruns of both VNs within a week of each other.
Issue with that:
Nearly every game that has a male MC living together with one or several female NPC has that or a very similar scene.
Most of them include the "boing for science".
Sometimes MC continues to sleep.
Sometimes MC pretends to continue to sleep.
Sometimes MC get's up and engages in ... conversation.

That scene and the "girl walks in on MC showering" are very common. At least one of them is almost always included.

Meaning that literally would be a reference to about a quarter of the games hosted on F95 ...

That is what I meant with "so generic and minor".

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
I'm pretty sure there's a line talking about the Eternum "game", or Stabby Mike? And maybe a music queue? Not sure about that.
I think so, too, but I couldn't remember what it was and didn't find a screen or direct mention of it in either VN thread.

Reactions: Elhemeer

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Issue with that:
Nearly every game that has a male MC living together with one or several female NPC has that or a very similar scene.

That scene and the "girl walks in on MC showering" are very common. At least one of them is almost always included.

Meaning that literally would be a reference to about a quarter of the games hosted on F95 ...

My sample is only about 60 VNs, but I've seen it in just these two. With mirror renders. With Devs that we know actively speak with one another. But, yeah, sure: absolutely no connection whatsoever. So glad you corrected us.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Issue with that:

I just know that when I watched the two scenes in question (I can't remember which one I watched first), I thought about how similar they were, and I have watched a LOT of scenes like those. I thought at the time that stealing was happening; I now believe it was an homage.

Have you actually watched both scenes? You might change your mind.

Whatever, I think the scenes were terrific and enjoyed them immensely.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
My sample is only about 60 VNs, but I've only seen it in these two. With mirror renders. With Devs that we know actively speak with one another. But, yeah, sure: absolutely no connection whatsoever. So glad you corrected us.
Not what I said but apparently what you read ...
I just know that when I watched the two scenes in question (I can't remember which one I watched first), I thought about how similar they were, and I have watched a LOT of scenes like those. I thought at the time that stealing was happening; I now believe it was an homage.

Have you actually watched both scenes? You might change your mind.

Whatever, I think the scenes were terrific and enjoyed them immensely.
Yes I watched the scene in both games.
And in quite a few others.
As said that scene and a few others exist in the majority of other games as well.
What likely spawns the "it is an homage!!!" sentiment is the perspective, not the actual action.
Never said it was not inspired by the other game, but it is unlikely that it was ONLY a homage to THAT game and no other.

Keko!

Jan 13, 2021
Riley asks him about playing Eternum when she offers to give him a VR set up.
Bro started an entire discussion about the wrong references lmao, I thought he was like joking about :KEK:

Last edited:

pitao

May 18, 2023
so last time I played this game was before the remake/remaster stuff, its is worth playing right now?
No idea what your taste of games are but for me is in my top 5 favorites along with BaDik, Eternum, Projekt Passion and The Seven Realms. So if you like those games then Ripples is on par with them in terms of story/graphic quality/humor and other minor items that make a good game.

rediix

Jun 22, 2023
Hints for the hidden renders after movie night with tiffany does not appears for me in the sceness.... Does anyone else have this problem؟ (sorry for my bad eng)

Anglex

Apr 20, 2021
Am I misremembering this too? I've gotten to the point where you ask her a few questions in someone else's room and it seems like the answers deconfirm that. Must have been some strong headcanon?
I guess we were misremembering it. I skimmed through the beginning and the one guy involved didn't count towards her being bisexual. It's possible she was just looking at MC at the time since they were a part of the conversation. Though maybe the MC could have been the guy in the short period of time and never really got to know much about her then?

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Here's the text for that update:

Dev Update #53

Hello Patrons!

I hope you are all doing well today. I wanted to give you guys a quick update on everything.
First, I'm happy to announce that I upgraded my PC and it's practically a new PC, besides the case and some HDDs. This was much needed. My hardware was pretty decent before, but I have been struggling in a lot of scenes lately while in Honey Select Neo. There are numerous reasons why my FPS has gone down a lot. My maps are generally bigger now with higher polygon counts, new updates to graphic plugins with new graphical features, and just more complex scenes overall. I have several scenes in which I was getting 10-15 FPS in HS, and it's hard to work at an optimal pace when you are restricted by frames and waiting for the program to catch up. So I've been thinking about upgrading lately and finally did it. So your support is going to good use and will make the development easier for me. People have been asking about the specs on the new PC build, and if you're not in Discord regularly, you wouldn't know. So, I'll list the new specs here.

-Ryzen 9 7950x CPU
-Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 GPU
-96GB (2x48GB) Trident Z5 DD5 6400 CL32 RAM
-990 Pro NVMe 4TB
-1200w PSU, AIO Cooler, New case fans, Strix x670E-E Mobo

It's all built now and running great. I had to take off almost two days from development to do everything. I had to prep my old PC, take it apart, put together my new PC, update drivers/bios, stress test, install all my software, and everything else. Everything is running well now, and I'm back to working on Ripples.

On the development side of things, I've been working on the new update every day besides the two days dealing with the new PC build. Everything is going good. I have pretty much all the writing and dialogue done, and I'll be able to mostly focus on the art now and try to make up some time. The scenes are going great so far, and they look beautiful. It's going to be a great update. I have about 705 renders and 37 animations done so far.

Have a great day, everyone!
-Jestur

kumenl0l

Mar 21, 2020
Here's the text for that update:

Dev Update #53

Hello Patrons!

I hope you are all doing well today. I wanted to give you guys a quick update on everything.
First, I'm happy to announce that I upgraded my PC and it's practically a new PC, besides the case and some HDDs. This was much needed. My hardware was pretty decent before, but I have been struggling in a lot of scenes lately while in Honey Select Neo. There are numerous reasons why my FPS has gone down a lot. My maps are generally bigger now with higher polygon counts, new updates to graphic plugins with new graphical features, and just more complex scenes overall. I have several scenes in which I was getting 10-15 FPS in HS, and it's hard to work at an optimal pace when you are restricted by frames and waiting for the program to catch up. So I've been thinking about upgrading lately and finally did it. So your support is going to good use and will make the development easier for me. People have been asking about the specs on the new PC build, and if you're not in Discord regularly, you wouldn't know. So, I'll list the new specs here.

-Ryzen 9 7950x CPU
-Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 GPU
-96GB (2x48GB) Trident Z5 DD5 6400 CL32 RAM
-990 Pro NVMe 4TB
-1200w PSU, AIO Cooler, New case fans, Strix x670E-E Mobo

It's all built now and running great. I had to take off almost two days from development to do everything. I had to prep my old PC, take it apart, put together my new PC, update drivers/bios, stress test, install all my software, and everything else. Everything is running well now, and I'm back to working on Ripples.

On the development side of things, I've been working on the new update every day besides the two days dealing with the new PC build. Everything is going good. I have pretty much all the writing and dialogue done, and I'll be able to mostly focus on the art now and try to make up some time. The scenes are going great so far, and they look beautiful. It's going to be a great update. I have about 705 renders and 37 animations done so far.

Have a great day, everyone!
-Jestur
that is a nice rig, damn

doctorx6969

Feb 19, 2023
all i have to say is WOW! the animations and story are S-tier! I wish all the other devs put as much love as is in their games as this game. SA_LUTE!

Reactions: Hobodouken
4.80 star(s) 286 Votes