turgsh01

Apr 13, 2020
7 months since last update... on a HS game... and it's the only game the dev is working on...

Based on past experiences... this isn't looking good long term IMO, though I do hope I'm wrong, obviously.

But at least, if rumors are true, we have an update expected to release very soon, right?

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
7 months since last update... on a HS game... and it's the only game the dev is working on...

Based on past experiences... this isn't looking good long term IMO, though I do hope I'm wrong, obviously.

But at least, if rumors are true, we have an update expected to release very soon, right?
I am a $ supporter via SS and I have never been disappointed in one of Jestur's releases.

This is the change log for the last release, EP 6:

Changelog:
  • 1405 New Images
  • 177 New Animations
  • 10,000+ New Lines of Code
  • 38 New Music Tracks
  • 106 New Sound Effects
  • 7 New Gallery Scenes
  • Music Player Added To Phone (Thanks Thor's Hamster)
  • New Gallery for Hidden Renders (Thanks Thor's Hamster)
  • Several Code and Render Fixes
  • Renpy Updated from 8.0.1 to 8.1.3
  • CPU usage down 50%, GPU down by 20% during video playback.
  • Many other small things.
  • 5 new hidden renders
IMO - Jestur does Magic in HS - and the content is worth the wait.

Plus, of course, nothing is stopping any of us from enjoying other AVN content while we wait for favorite creators to complete the next rev in their stories.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Reminds me of Dark, fixed time loop, weird characters, everybody fucking eachother. I wonder if Dev thinks about introducing a 20 years leap in the other direction.
Jestur has been quoted (I've not seen it myself) as having taken some inspiration from Dark, although apparently it's less than some people have speculated.

Reactions: Bill Temple

housewithcats

Apr 6, 2022
Jestur has been quoted (I've not seen it myself) as having taken some inspiration from Dark, although apparently it's less than some people have speculated.
True. The inspiration taken from Dark is felt throughout the game. Now that you mention Jestur has been quoted about that, it puts the pieces together.

Bill Temple

May 20, 2021
You're funny.

Multiple devs have admitted that HS takes very little time and effort to make large updates.

It's sad how blind fanboys can be.
Well, I know it's a long shot, but in case you actually haven't noticed the difference between great, good, and poor Honey Select games, I'll chime in earnestly.

Sure, it's easily possible for someone can crank out a HS game quite quickly. There's no doubt about that.
Just using stock and easily available assets making use of no or few mods with premade poses and animations, followed by only basic post-processing, some nearly decent screenshots can be captured without taking much time. I bet that an industrious dev doing so could average about 10 HS CGs per man-hour. Doing that for three weeks, he'll have 1300-1500 low-effort images. Over the next week, that dev could write a quick story and dialogue with the ideas he's been "storyboarding" in his head during the CG phase, then pop it into whatever translation freeware he prefers, code it, test it, publish it. It's possible to churn out a playable, potentially fappable, and maybe even enjoyable, decent-length HS game update in a month.

What I described above, however, is not what Jestur is doing here. He's not using default assets. He's porting and modding his own maps and objects for scenes. He's not using default textures and shaders. The screenshots in Ripples are high resolution rendered screenshots, not simple print screens. You can tell by noticing the absence of artifacts in the images, like dithering you often see in hair in HS games. The characters are all unique, no stock characters. There are quite a few wardrobe changes too. A lot of games, you see the characters wearing the same clothes day in and day out. Ripples' animations are not the default premade animations from a single fixed camera angle. Hell, look at the hair of the girls during the h-animations in Ripples. I'm pretty sure even that has been modded and tweaked because I don't normally notice that level of hair physics in HS animations. I could go on, but I'd begin to be speaking from authority that I don't actually have.

The plot isn't just a fuck 'em all. There's a fresh and interesting sci-fi story being spun in between scenes of MC getting his dick wet. The romantic interests are well developed with distinct personalities. And the writing is pretty damn good. There's good sound effects and appropriate soundtracks to scenes.

All of these extra steps and differences take time. Could Jestur make a great game with less effort, and therefore faster? Yea, but it wouldn't be as great. He could streamline his process to churn out updates faster, but, without speaking for him, I think his goal is to make something great, not merely good. So if you're as thirsty to play the new update as everyone else and want it to be done faster, the best thing we can do is subscribe. Other than that, let him cook. This is 3 Michelin star cuisine, not McDonalds.

I know the odds are you're trolling, and won't bother replying because everyone in the thread has deftly demonstrated how obtuse your complaints are, but I hope someone who isn't aware of the differences will read this and come to recognize the effort and skill that goes into making a great VN.

dazedwell

Jul 8, 2019
You're funny.

Multiple devs have admitted that HS takes very little time and effort to make large updates.

That's kinda crazy to say when you try to compare them. Just because it's easier to use HS compared to hand drawn or blender doesn't mean the end result will be the same just because people use the same software. Some of these games release with horrible backgrounds barely passable characters with weird ass proportions (half a boob takes like 40% of the character lmao). It's really disingenuous to try and pass that opinion around as facts since most people who don't know what HS is will probably not give a shit and just take your statement as fact.
What you're saying could be twisted in any other situation and it would sound stupid asf like ''every animator or digital artist who use the same equipment will not only produce the same results but also within the same time'' ????

DickMcFuck

Aug 13, 2019
You're funny.

So why arent you making HS avn since apparently its very quick and easy and earns a lot of money?
why complain when you could just finish the development of ripples yourself quickly?
i see a lot of talk and very little action, go ahead.

4.80 star(s) 293 Votes