Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
true, but more of a hassle to go through menus if you just want to try out different options really : > - tis called quicksave for a reason :D
The reason for doing it in this way is quite simple. I want the players to think about what they must do - not just click and try. I try to keep the gaming effect and avoid player to change it to a simple novel by just click around. I'm aware that many players in this forum are against it - but if you spend money playing a game - you will definitely play it in another way - that's my own experience :)

Sep 11, 2019
The reason for doing it in this way is quite simple. I want the players to think about what they must do - not just click and try. I try to keep the gaming effect and avoid player to change it to a simple novel by just click around. I'm aware that many players in this forum are against it - but if you spend money playing a game - you will definitely play it in another way - that's my own experience :)
Celaviegroup yep

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
true, but more of a hassle to go through menus if you just want to try out different options really : > - tis called quicksave for a reason :D
To hit F5 quick save or F7 quick load, means your option are "faster to open or knock a door". A teaser game with one route to lose her shyness is the best way as post before below.

"Timing" 4 saves the day 8.00 and 10.00 am and 14.00 22.00 pm it´s enough. To go everywhere in this house and get all events even you go to far with her, you are only 2 or 3 clicks away with these saves to try all options, except to rape her.:giggle:

Reactions: John Woodbridge

DeePee

Jul 1, 2018
quite true that - and definitely something one should aim for when playing the full release - however, Quick-S/L is great for testing purposes, especially considering all the variables that you have in play in the game :)

P.S. god damn this game is good, i love it :) - bit grindy for the point scaling, but hey - what relationship isnt, right? (i.e dont change ;) )
Keep up the great work <3

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
But if we need to think for play, it's very hard when the same girl can be in multiple room at the same time. This is the hardest thing for me.

Reactions: hotspott

Tabu9000

May 4, 2018
But if we need to think for play, it's very hard when the same girl can be in multiple room at the same time. This is the hardest thing for me.
To go at 23.00 kitchen/bathroom or 22.00 office/living room like this isn´t hard to to get images or events.;)

To visit rooms without her, that´s the key to avoid loops. Like 24.00 bathroom trap or twice washroom 17.00 and 18.00 pm, not to mention the office and the studio to trigger events. With the "location patch" all cards of loops in your hand, that´s hard. With the WT from drhotrod all loops are history.:D

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
You'll only see her in one place at a time - you can't go to a room at 08:00 and see the girl and go to next room at same time and see her there too.
Ideal all girls should be in all room at any time so the game will depend on which room you'll meet them. This is unrealistic but just to tell you about my idea about the game. More girls will stay in the house - so the game will depend on which girl you'll meet

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Cacaman say "same girl can be in multiple room at the same time" that´s true, as tabu9000 said. At 23.00 go either kitchen or bathroom she is in both rooms present for one hour. I think cacaman point these moments with "same time".
Yes and no. If you go to bathroom at 23:00 and decide to leave - yes - she can be find in the kitchen, however if you decide to enter - time will run and she'll not be in the kitchen.
I guess you also - at a certain time in your life - have been in your kitchen and your bathroom within the same hour :cool: :cool:

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
"she is in both rooms present for one hour I wrote" and not argue option´s.

In real life, when I walk to the kitchen and don´t see my wife but 1 min later in the bathroom, yes it happen. But in your game I can´t leave the kitchen for one hour if I go first. I just point on Cacaman, there is nothing wrong in your game. If Cacaman leave the bathroom before he enter !! The ? remain on his way to the kitchen, " she be or been not":illuminati: that´s all.
Haha
Good point :)

Reactions: Tabu9000

Blackvoodoo

Feb 17, 2018
Hat wer ein Savegame vom Ende 4.0 also mit 53 von 53 Events?

So who has a savegame from the end of 4.0 with 53 of 53 events?

aks1985

May 24, 2017
You could create a cheaper patreon group, for me I live in Brazil, it costs more than 20 coins and the salary is 998! Impossible to contribute, but if it were $ 1 or $ 2 it would definitely have a lot more patreons!

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
You could create a cheaper patreon group, for me I live in Brazil, it costs more than 20 coins and the salary is 998! Impossible to contribute, but if it were $ 1 or $ 2 it would definitely have a lot more patreons!
I fully understand your points. Numbers of Patreon is not the most important issue for me. It’s much more important that I can give my supporters the best support. If I have ex 500 Patreon’s I’ll not be able to support them all.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
@Celaviegroup :

tried your game again after i stopped because of the mess at last versions, and i have to admit that the game changed a lot to positive. I was forced to redo my review from 2 stars up to 4:

here the new (chenged review):

Review edited for version 4.0

NEW CHANGED REVIEW:

After i tried the game again, i recognized the dev took comments serious and changed a LOT to positive!
You can see my origin 2 star rating below, but now this game is up to 4 stars for me!

REASON:
- the gind is getting much less because of the implemented hint system now - already not perfect, but a huge step forward
- Events still need exact time, but it's more clear what to do (also there is a walkthrough now)
- sexual content slightly grew up
- the boredom is less based on slightly changed scenes which make you curious what's comming next
- renders are nice
- you can now save the game outside the daily point by pressing F1 and save manually

=> so now i give also the stars for gameplay and story arc, which will raise my origin 2 stars up to 4

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes