Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
guys, what are you complaining about?
This version (0.6 ALPHA) was never intended to be released somewhere. No clue where it came from.
This version is not finished. Once it will be finished there will be a BETA to test, then get rid of the bugs and FINALLY somedays the release version of 0.6 will be out!
It is JUST A SHAME to complain about an Alpha version.
Also you all grab the game for free without any shame, and mostly those who don't support the dev(s) at all are also those who got the loudest shout and the most insulting posts. You really should be ashamed.
And i totaly understand the dev to start putting hints behind Patreon - maybe some day you will start thinking over your ungrateful behavior and stop just being scroungers

God damned ...... sorry, but i had to get rid of this

EDIT:
Going farther than that, imho the biggest ASHOLE is the one, who leaked that version at all, he did no one a favor - quiet the opposite. And if he is a patreon (i guess so, because he must have gotten the version somewhere), will make the whole thing even worse
The problem is not the leaking of an alpha (or beta) version of a game to this site. People who are interested in the game can check out these work in progress versions. But most players will probably just wait for the next release version. So only a small number of players would really play the alpha.

The problem is that people do not differentiate enough between the alpha, beta and release versions, use them like equals and for example simply replace a working release version with an experimental alpha.

I would suggest to have different categories in OP for games in general :
- latest (stable) release version
- (optional) (experimental) alpha version for next release
- (optional) beta (test) version for next release

An alpha (or beta) version should not be treated like a release version and should not replace the download links of the latest release version. Alphas and betas should not really qualify for (Latest) Game Updates at all. If they do then the Alpha/Beta status should be highlighted so that people know it is probably not a stable version.
Once a new release version is available, the old alpha and beta download links could be removed and the release version could be announced in (Latest) Game Updates.

Hyperserver

often the biggest step forward is to "step back"
Donor
Jun 30, 2018
The more the dev and his crew of cronies try to shame people for sharing the game, the more satisfaction I feel when downloading it. If they would just stop trying to prevent the inevitable, this whole discussion would have died down long ago.
it's not the dev complaining over here, nor his "cronies". The only ones who starting over and over shitstorms over here are some creeps who still think that they have rights to complain about something which they should be happy to have grabbed for free. If all those just would download it (sure, it's inevitable) and shut up rather than complaining over and over again, this thread would also be much smoother

Last edited:

zackiman

Apr 14, 2018
It is curious that developers like the Gates Motel game, or others, do not stop sharing images in the pirate forum and keep updated the information of their game, it is more some have any written that would like that in Pantreon you only pay for what you support that the game is developed, not to have it before, if we are fair, a game that has development one year, being a member of $ 10 per month, is $ 120 and usually have a total duration of a real hour of content and sometimes much less, removing puzzles and other time-consuming techniques, who pays $ 120 for a one-hour game and sometimes still incomplete ?, in the end that the developer misunderstands the reason for the Pantreon loses members, because he pays to support not for having the game, if it is for having the game, a sponsor is better sought and when he finishes it he puts it on steam and people pay € 20-60 for a complete and free game of mistakes, because showing bad attitude, in the end people take it badly and they will not sign up and others will leave, what happens that they wait for a pirate to come out, as I said, it is only to take as an example other games of this forum that never They affected him to copy his game and are of much more quality.

Kaphar36

Jul 9, 2017
hi! first of all, sorry for my english ^^
i'm stuck, the hint say: i should talk to her at breakfast 08:00 about her friend...
2 weeks to try and nothing happend T_T
someone can help me? Tanks ^^

Bobber Tail

Nov 28, 2017
A few continuity errors, clothing out of sequence and dead spots after 2nd week. The whole thing about tanning and lotion vanished and swimming goes like it never happened, kitchen splash vanished after thinking it. Some progress.

Hjort

Aug 15, 2016
Anyone willing to drop some hints, I'm stuck at 46/71 in 6.0 version, Amy is "sick" and requires care every 3 hours.

Reactions: TheGunShow

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
First the good part, I have rolled back the OP, while don't have the habit of withholding versions, we skip beta/alpha/test or whatever kinds of unfinished versions get leaked. This thread is messy enough with the game working.

Now the best part, I have purged a good chunk of the last pages, this is not the place for discussing piracy, how the bad pirate hurt your feelings, the review matter is way above your level and other petty fighting is also not welcome, so chill the fuck down and keep the discussion to game.

Failure to comply will result in warnings and thread ban.

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes