Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

T-o-m

Sep 5, 2017
send me your save file
You mean the one where I am stuck with 33/63? I can't, because I have overwritten it after I fixed the issue. Didn't want to accidentily use it again, because it let to so much frustration.
However, I did dig a bit deeper into the code than the stuff I posted here. The issue is this:

if hour == 8 and release13 == 1 and a13_5 == 1 and emily_bath_present == 0 and a13_10 == 0:
scene first_floor
$ emily_bath_present = 1
t "%(ey)s is in the bath - what should I do?"
menu:
"Open door":
pictures
$ advance_minutes (15)
if a13_9 == 0:
$ events += 1
$ a13_9 = 1
jump main

This is the event that sets a13_9 to 1. There is no reference to a13_58, so if you run into this one before you try to go to the bathroom at 23:00, then you're buggered. Because the condition for that event, which will set a13_58 to 1 is this:

if hour == 23 and release13 == 1 and a13_5 == 1 and a13_9 == 0:

So if you did whatever triggered a13_5, and go to the bathroom in the morning first, there is no way you can trigger the event in the night.
I'm not complaining, mind you. You clearly state that this is still a beta. But that looks like one of those beta oversights to me.

szabon

Jun 16, 2019
Important notice to all pirates and people legally playing the public versions

The event counter is simply a counter – nothing else. Event counter is implemented so you can be sure you have seen all events in the game when you reach the end of a certain release.

Ex - event 56 can be many various events. This is not a sequentially counting system. Whether you go to bathroom, pool or somewhere else- all can be counted as event 56.

If you ask for help and say that you’re stuck at 56/100 it can be many different events you’re missing.

In order to find a specific event you’ll sometimes need to find several others events before it can be triggered.

Ex - if you have to hide her pants you'll need to see all events where she’s wearing pants before you can do it.

I hope that this is clarifying the way I have built the game.

Happy playing
It seems that many players have the same issue, so it's not a user problem but a game problem.
What you should have in the game is probably a checklist of events, so any player can understand what is missing.
Add the checklist and have as hints, instead, what must be done for each specific event to be deployed.

Reactions: keer

PatrykP

Sep 3, 2017
It seems that many players have the same issue, so it's not a user problem but a game problem.
What you should have in the game is probably a checklist of events, so any player can understand what is missing.
Add the checklist and have as hints, instead, what must be done for each specific event to be deployed.
I don't know what it is about I tried a lot of times of passages 57/72 from v 11 following behind her at 00.00 after photographs and nothing works what put kensodoi is out of order I don't think so it will be possible to pass it

Dervish666

Apr 15, 2020
for me the episode not triggering is #52, doesnt looklike it tracks when you follow J to her room after photoshot with swimsuit at pool

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
chapter 13 is too short(except chapter10)
i use a day and half to clear it
it is too straight forward(like chapter10)
It’s tough to be me :) Some players find it too difficult - some players find it too easy.
In release 13 I expand the time span for modt of the events - simply to make it easier to play.
The same for 14.

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Patreon's get a WT so they always can find a way through. I'll guide you here, but can't do it if any mod have been enabled in the game.

Reactions: Lukumoide

Hg0

Feb 11, 2018
V7 69/70 is just bad game design. Thank goodness for the event table.

Last edited:

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
I don't understand why people bitch. They get free game they can enjoy. They should all be grateful to Bob for giving everyone the game for free. If they have problems they go to the patrons and if you don't like the game they don't play. What I noticed is that only the people who get it for free are not satisfied. All the patrons but enthusiastic. With Event 58 is no mistake. Personally, I would have had all events triggered only in a certain order (not only Event 58). Personally I love this and for me it means additional fun, because it is a bit more difficult to unlock everything and you can enjoy the game a bit longer. Every dead end means extra fun.

Last edited:

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
I don't understand why people bitch. They get free game they can enjoy. They should all be grateful to Bob for giving everyone the game for free. If they have problems they go to the patrons and if you don't like the game they don't play. What I noticed is that only the people who get it for free are not satisfied. All the patrons but enthusiastic. With Event 58 is no mistake. Personally, I would have had all events triggered only in a certain order (not only Event 58). Personally I love this and for me it means additional fun, because it is a bit more difficult to unlock everything and you can enjoy the game a bit longer. Every dead end means extra fun.
Hi - if there are dead ends please let me know - that's not my intentions

Reactions: Lukumoide

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
v13 i enjoyed a lot. My favorite part is when, once shy girls help corrupt new girls. The Story is interesting as well, in the past we had this huge decision with the Beard to sacrifice something to gain more from the girls back, maybe we can repeat that in some way? maybe the MC has to learn some dance moves or beat boxing? i mean the contrast to his age would be kinda hilarious. Oh and ya would the coming episodes be even more easy, that would be a shame, cuz. to think a bit and puzzle about the next step is a quality in its own. Anyways great work!

Reactions: karlosos

Lukumoide

Jan 25, 2018
Hi - if there are dead ends please let me know - that's not my intentions
There is with event a13_58 because there is the condition:
and a13_9 == 0:
Therefore if you trigger a13_9 first you cannot trigger a13_58 afterwards.
To fix it you had to write to the preconditions of event a13_9: and a13_58 == 1
I thought you did it on purpose, so I didn't report it.

Reactions: undefiniert
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes