Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

mickaj001

Jan 20, 2020
Good evening
I am blocked at event 32 I must go to the next event to finish it which in sin define event 53 made that 52/53 suddenly we can not do the following how I must fire to have the 32 or the 53 .
thank you
cordially

May 13, 2018
Having a point reset problem - for the past few days can get to 79 points, but they reset to 70 the next morning.
Currently at day 22.

Feature or bug? And how does one get past this?

mickaj001

Jan 20, 2020
Good evening
I'm playing Room for rent and I'm stuck on the events already to finish the first one and do the 32/32 we have to take on the next one so we don't finish the next one we do that 52/53 and we are blocked for next I would like to know how we do to finish the event completely.
Thank you
Cordially.

May 13, 2018
Beyond frustrated.

Got one friend to visit twice, the other friend once. Then they disappeared entirely.
Can't ever get a swimming pool scene at 1600, despite clue instructing me to do so. I can get sunbathing in halter and Daisy Dukes at 1400 and/or sunbathing-to-swimming in regular suit only at 1500, and that's it.
At one point got pretty far copping feels in the living room at night, but then it went backwards and the process started over.
Likewise the titty grab at laundry.
Swimming at night - naked hug. Then swimming and exit.

Got a couple of mentions of some things not being available yet (or coming soon) because "this is version 3 5". But nothing ever changes.

I'm into (70? 80? 100? 1000?) days of counting, and even the number of days disappeared.

Anyone have some advice that doesn't involve me playing possible 100 days all over again?
Is this crap solved with the Patreon/Subscribestar version?

Last edited:

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
While in the game there doesn't seem to be a way to access the save/load menu or settings, worried about getting into it and not being able to save

kensodoi

Sep 11, 2018
Beyond frustrated.

Got one friend to visit twice, the other friend once. Then they disappeared entirely.
Can't ever get a swimming pool scene at 1600, despite clue instructing me to do so. I can get sunbathing in halter and Daisy Dukes at 1400 and/or sunbathing-to-swimming in regular suit only at 1500, and that's it.
At one point got pretty far copping feels in the living room at night, but then it went backwards and the process started over.

Got a couple of mentions of some things not being available yet (or coming soon) because "this is version 3 5". But nothing ever changes.

I'm into (70? 80? 100? 1000?) days of counting, and even the number of days disappeared.

Anyone have some advice that doesn't involve me playing possible 100 days all over again?
try official WT yet???
u may find it from my works for newcomer

AbrahamFroman

Jun 8, 2018
Beyond frustrated.

She doesn't like the MC enough. She needs about 20 more points before she likes the MC enough to move game forward.

Do the dishes in the morning, hug her in the pool in the afternoon, help her cleanup the kitchen after dinner, help her with "homework" and hug her in the bathroom before bed.

Also take a shower before you start smelling bad.

Good luck.

Reactions: BoobiesSugoi

FloridaNed

Apr 21, 2018
You can send me your save file and I'll guide you. If you previously have been using mod - it can be the reason. It's also important that days are in sync
I've used mods in the past, but that was like version 9 or so. This latest version (16) I've used no mods for. I've been using the walkthrough thoroughly and precisely. Making sure I've been linked-up with the days and specific times.

Unfortunately I've already erased all the save files and uninstalled the game, to see if that was what was interfering with the events. I'm going to reinstall it if I know that the walkthrough works.

Which, I got to say, using that walkthrough on mobile is very frustrating, because I have to click each individual time-block, then click 'view notes', just to see what I need to do next. And I have to do that for each and every time-block, for each and everyday. Where there are like, hundreds. And for me, that takes away from the gameplay itself. And sometimes the walkthrough isn't very clear on what I need to do.

kenjisenju

Jun 25, 2019
Honestly, any game that you HAVE to use a walkthrough to complete it, is inherently broken. This was understandable in the fledgling days of video games back in the NES era but it is inexcusable in today's setting.

Yes there are a few people on here saying they did it without a walkthrough, but there are, and I'm lowballing pretty hard here, 3 times as many people saying the game is busted and that they cant progress.

And the cherry on top? The only feedback we are getting on our issues from the developer is "Stop using mods" or "Gimmie your save file so I can fix it". It shouldn't need fixed and we shouldn't need a walkthrough to beat it.

To clarify, I am not saying the game needs to be easy. I am saying the game need to be more intuitive. As it stands now, the actual content of the game is great. It's getting to any of that content that is the problem. Even a better Hint system would do wonders for the game.

I'm not asking for perfection, I understand that bugs and the like can happen in games that are still in development. That's not what I'm talking about here. What I am asking for is more work to be put into the user experience so that more people can enjoy the game. I dont think that's too much to ask.

BoobiesSugoi

Pixel Connaisseur
Donor
Mar 18, 2020
Honestly, any game that you HAVE to use a walkthrough to complete it, is inherently broken. This was understandable in the fledgling days of video games back in the NES era but it is inexcusable in today's setting.

Yes there are a few people on here saying they did it without a walkthrough, but there are, and I'm lowballing pretty hard here, 3 times as many people saying the game is busted and that they cant progress.

And the cherry on top? The only feedback we are getting on our issues from the developer is "Stop using mods" or "Gimmie your save file so I can fix it". It shouldn't need fixed and we shouldn't need a walkthrough to beat it.

To clarify, I am not saying the game needs to be easy. I am saying the game need to be more intuitive. As it stands now, the actual content of the game is great. It's getting to any of that content that is the problem. Even a better Hint system would do wonders for the game.

I'm not asking for perfection, I understand that bugs and the like can happen in games that are still in development. That's not what I'm talking about here. What I am asking for is more work to be put into the user experience so that more people can enjoy the game. I dont think that's too much to ask.
I never thought so, but ya this Game seams to be one of the more challenging games on this board...

Sure you hear people yelling that this is a bad thing, but that`s in the nature of communication.
Angry people are more loud then happy people, so it is easy to get the wrong picture.
And there is even the fact that such "angry post" leave a deeper inpact than people who are happy with the game
that is in the human nature as well.

So what is my Point?
Well, short saying you can`t and should not try to please am all.
RfR started really kinda hardcore, there was the intention that players hit a wall sooner or later.
And i love that! there is nothing more boring to me then those "clicker games" where i just have to press "strg" and skip trough the game from one x-scene to another. RfR is nothing like that.
This game is for me like a puzzle. And puzzles are meant to be a challenge.

Anyways i said that here before, the game became after Version 6-7 a lot more easy. So easy that people like me actually have complains about it^^
So the Dev`s listened to the "Angry People" like you if you can get to patch/version 6 or let`s say 7 you will notice that pretty fast.

The sequel Game: "My best Friends Daughter" learned from all this discussion and feedback. It is meant to please both sides, the let`s call em casual gamer and the more hardcore ones. Not like there is anything wrong with any of those parties.

So my simple suggestion for you is, if you can`t enjoy it don`t blame other for it, it was meant to be a challenge, if you are looking for a more relaxing game try the Sequel.

Dunno what there is more to say, that have not been said here already.

Largo

Jul 29, 2017

I agree on this one.
The game is very un-intuitive, it’s very hard to see what need to be done, and what action achieved what result.

Also this game is overly grindy.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Celaviegroup for all that is holy, please restore the right click menu!

I tried this ages ago and didn't get far. Decided to revisit and load up a save, can't remember jack about what was happening or where I am and didn't like my character name so wanted a restart... right click, nothing, esc noth. Alt+F4 just to restart makes me want to walk away for good.

Edit. Had to come here search the thread to find out how to access the menu. Please restore right click I honestly don't see what bonus you get out of it by disabling it beyond frustrating viewers.

CareBearII

Nov 12, 2020
Celaviegroup for all that is holy, please restore the right click menu!

I tried this ages ago and didn't get far. Decided to revisit and load up a save, can't remember jack about what was happening or where I am and didn't like my character name so wanted a restart... right click, nothing, esc noth. Alt+F4 just to restart makes me want to walk away for good.

Edit. Had to come here search the thread to find out how to access the menu. Please restore right click I honestly don't see what bonus you get out of it by disabling it beyond frustrating viewers.
the F1 key brings up the main menu

• Angry
Reactions: Naxos

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
the F1 key brings up the main menu
Sorry had to facepalm that because I literately said I know it works in my post. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was frustrated because all I wanted to do was restart, but didn't know about the f1 key at the time and had to come search for it.

I'm over that frustration but stand by the comment it should be restored, no reason not to have it. The F1 defeats the whole can only save once per day anyway.

Nice game, enjoying it a lot more now that the first go. Enjoying the slow progression, and the girls are just way too cute.

CareBearII

Nov 12, 2020
Sorry had to facepalm that because I literately said I know it works in my post. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was frustrated because all I wanted to do was restart, but didn't know about the f1 key at the time and had to come search for it.

I'm over that frustration but stand by the comment it should be restored, no reason not to have it. The F1 defeats the whole can only save once per day anyway.

Nice game, enjoying it a lot more now that the first go. Enjoying the slow progression, and the girls are just way too cute.
Ya after I wrote my response I re read it and I was like fuckit I will take the heat for not reading it a second time before posting it because I am to lazy to delete the post :)

• Haha
Reactions: Naxos
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes