Ren'Py Completed Room for Rent [v16 beta] [CeLaVie Group]

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Is there a reason why I can't open the menu after I start a game? Why does the game instantly close whenever I get a game over? Also, how can I save on a Mac playing the windows version (since it's the updated version)? F1 just makes my light increase.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Is there a reason why I can't open the menu after I start a game? Why does the game instantly close whenever I get a game over? Also, how can I save on a Mac playing the windows version (since it's the updated version)? F1 just makes my light increase.
Are you on a laptop or have some special keyboard where your F1 is bound to brightness instead of being the F1.

On a laptop try press FN + F1 together because they often set the F keys to other stuff and you have to toggle it to be the function keys.

Reactions: Zontany

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
Celaviegroup for all that is holy, please restore the right click menu!

I tried this ages ago and didn't get far. Decided to revisit and load up a save, can't remember jack about what was happening or where I am and didn't like my character name so wanted a restart... right click, nothing, esc noth. Alt+F4 just to restart makes me want to walk away for good.

Edit. Had to come here search the thread to find out how to access the menu. Please restore right click I honestly don't see what bonus you get out of it by disabling it beyond frustrating viewers.
When I started to make the game almost 2 years ago - it was my clear impression that the game was way too easy to play and people would blame me for making such easy game..... I was wrong ...couldn't be more wrong.
During the 16 episodes the game became gradually significant easier and for the last episodes there were almost no complains about it any longer. That's why I didn't remove it and players got used to use F1 instead.
For 'My best friend's daughter' the right click option is enabled :)

Reactions: Naxos and Burg

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
I'm curious as to why this game doesn't have an incest tag because when the two sisters move in with you, they do sexual stuff each other. And later when it comes out that Amy is their sister, she's definitely done stuff with them.

Just curious.

Is there a girl guide for this by any chance? It's at a point where there are too many girls in the game to keep track of who is who when a name is mentioned and they haven't been seen in game for 3 or 4 updates or are living in the house. I've left all names default I think, except for the 2 sisters (Sandra and ? ) that move in near the start.

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019
I'm curious as to why this game doesn't have an incest tag because when the two sisters move in with you, they do sexual stuff each other. And later when it comes out that Amy is their sister, she's definitely done stuff with them.

Just curious.

Is there a girl guide for this by any chance? It's at a point where there are too many girls in the game to keep track of who is who when a name is mentioned and they haven't been seen in game for 3 or 4 updates or are living in the house. I've left all names default I think, except for the 2 sisters (Sandra and ? ) that move in near the start.

To the best of my knowledge the default names of the girls in the game are: Amy (Lilo Longsuck) / Liza (Longsuck) / Sandra (Longsuck) / Rhonda / Julia / Rebecca / Josie / Emma / Rachel / Gina / Maria / Joye / Linsay Clitspread / Nellie Clitspread / Anna / Jenny (Cop) / Emily

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
To the best of my knowledge the default names of the girls in the game are: Amy (Lilo Longsuck) / Liza (Longsuck) / Sandra (Longsuck) / Rhonda / Julia / Rebecca / Josie / Emma / Rachel / Gina / Maria / Joye / Linsay Clitspread / Nellie Clitspread / Anna / Jenny (Cop) / Emily
Cool thanks, though I was hoping for more like a picture with name.

Because I could not remember which was which out of some of them.

I'm not sure about the Rhonda being default, though it it was, I 100% renamed that. The only other one it looks like was Sandra.

I appreciate the list.

Kalendon

Dec 2, 2019

I'm not sure about the Rhonda being default, though it it was, I 100% renamed that. The only other one it looks like was Sandra.

I appreciate the list.
I'll look through my files and notes to see what I can put together: re Pictures & names for you

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018

I appreciate the list.
Go to office at 12:00 and you can replay photo sessions with the girl or change their names. Here you’ll have several images of each girl

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
Go to office at 12:00 and you can replay photo sessions with the girl or change their names. Here you’ll have several images of each girl
That doesn't work in the v 15 and 16 updates. or at least it was not an option for me.

I saw it before and used it, but I was in the v15 maybe even v14 update part (where so of those girls started disappearing).
Only had the options for rename, sound, and disable management. but the videos where gone.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Are you on a laptop or have some special keyboard where your F1 is bound to brightness instead of being the F1.

On a laptop try press FN + F1 together because they often set the F keys to other stuff and you have to toggle it to be the function keys.
Thank you, that helped. I was getting stuck with the mod.

Reactions: Naxos

Celaviegroup

Game Developer
Aug 27, 2018
That doesn't work in the v 15 and 16 updates. or at least it was not an option for me.

I saw it before and used it, but I was in the v15 maybe even v14 update part (where so of those girls started disappearing).
Only had the options for rename, sound, and disable management. but the videos where gone.
In version 16 - you can go there at 12:00

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
I feel like there is a decent game here despite the obvious language issues, but wow, so grindy...and that's with the walkthrough mod! I can't even imagine trying to progress the events without the mod. Torture Rack for Rent - The Game, 2021 Edition.

Burg

Jul 22, 2017
I feel like there is a decent game here despite the obvious language issues, but wow, so grindy...and that's with the walkthrough mod! I can't even imagine trying to progress the events without the mod. Torture Rack for Rent - The Game, 2021 Edition.
16 Releases / Episodes and each almost a short game on its own, so enough content though. As an ok-ish 2nd language English speaker, I've not found too many issues with the language myself. It's not quite Shakespeare though. ;) Definitely a LOT better than some of the similarly rated games here.

But, as for the grind: I think it depends on what you like. I really don't mind some grind if I can see some intermittent progress, which is not everyone's cup of tea. I think what might make the grind feel worse is that there is quite a bit of content to get through, so your "% completed / hour" tends to be low.

Small correction: it's 2020 part 2, not 2021. :D

Reactions: Alegor

Uzhirian

Jul 18, 2017
16 Releases / Episodes and each almost a short game on its own, so enough content though...snip
But, as for the grind: I think it depends on what you like. I really don't mind some grind if I can see some intermittent progress, which is not everyone's cup of tea.....snip
I don't mind progression either, but repeating things over makes progression more of a drag than it should be. Sure there is lots in each episode but when it's just seeing the same scenes again + one or two extra renders for each bit of progress, it becomes a bit tedious. I think I've just passed v9 content, and admittedly the later chapters are getting more interesting. The skinning dipping party onwards has been better in terms of both content/grind.

Reactions: Burg
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes