Back

Aug 3, 2017
Holy fuck 3.72 GBs, I guess I'll wait for someone to compress that down to a lower number, also does anyone know if this works fine with JoiPlay? I tried using this game on JoiPlay about a year ago and the first hub area was horribly lagging to the point of unplayable, so I'm wondering if that is still an issue or no more.
It'll probably still be an issue for you. My RL friend tried that several months back with the 5.2 version and he said pretty much the same as you. Since that version wasn't that long ago, I suspect that you and my friend will run into the same problems if you try this version. Maybe it's hardware related, idk. Wanted to give you a heads-up since it was asked and since the game size is quite large for an RPGM. Not sure if that helps though. ^^" Good luck though!

#Tiger12

Feb 23, 2018
It'll probably still be an issue for you. My RL friend tried that several months back with the 5.2 version and he said pretty much the same as you. Since that version wasn't that long ago, I suspect that you and my friend will run into the same problems if you try this version. Maybe it's hardware related, idk. Wanted to give you a heads-up since it was asked and since the game size is quite large for an RPGM. Not sure if that helps though. ^^" Good luck though!
I was hoping that it got fixed because the games seem good and I wanted to try it on my phone. But oh well.

Miacis

Oct 17, 2019
okay but who tf is Valerie, which apparently is also fans' favourite?
played the game so long ago, can't remember all characters - there's a lot of them

Lasced

Oct 26, 2018
One of my favorite RPGMV games on this forum. I played it on Android using Joi Player until about the end of 2020. Looking forward to seeing an Android port again. The class system, the different weapons, the story, the party building, as someone old enough to play Final Fantasy the orig on Nintendo, RPGMVs are a nostalgia morphine drip. This game is an adult work of of art with huge inclusions of genres, just a great 5 star game. Keep up the good work, I wouldn't get a chance to play it on my PC, as I've little ones running around, whereas my phone, I could pop in the Raycons, and play, a bit when not doing the daily mundane household stuff, or while waiting on the dryer to kick off.
Thanks for making a great game much appreciated. Seriously. I love the mix of game and adult themes you can't have on public platforms without censoring half the content the creator wants in the game. Top 2 are this game and Lona, which sadly Joi Player stopped working on both the last few updates. So maybe at the end of development, I'll get em back. Fingers crossed. The game worked on Joi up until a certain point, and just errored to home screen. Would post savs but they're rpgsav files so forum said NO lol. Maybe I'll compress em to rar or zip files, if someone wanted to see how far you could go without error. Although Joi keeps kicking tons of different game updates back now sadly. Not supported is the dreaded Joi or No Joy (Ha!) response for a lot of the cool RPGMVs, HTMLs, etc.
Again you rock! Thanks,
I got enough fun that I wanted to share the words of appreciation and encouragement for your work.

Reactions: LittleDemon

#Tiger12

Feb 23, 2018
One of my favorite RPGMV games on this forum. I played it on Android using Joi Player until about the end of 2020. Looking forward to seeing an Android port again. The class system, the different weapons, the story, the party building, as someone old enough to play Final Fantasy the orig on Nintendo, RPGMVs are a nostalgia morphine drip. This game is an adult work of of art with huge inclusions of genres, just a great 5 star game. Keep up the good work, I wouldn't get a chance to play it on my PC, as I've little ones running around, whereas my phone, I could pop in the Raycons, and play, a bit when not doing the daily mundane household stuff, or while waiting on the dryer to kick off.
Thanks for making a great game much appreciated. Seriously. I love the mix of game and adult themes you can't have on public platforms without censoring half the content the creator wants in the game. Top 2 are this game and Lona, which sadly Joi Player stopped working on both the last few updates. So maybe at the end of development, I'll get em back. Fingers crossed. The game worked on Joi up until a certain point, and just errored to home screen. Would post savs but they're rpgsav files so forum said NO lol. Maybe I'll compress em to rar or zip files, if someone wanted to see how far you could go without error. Although Joi keeps kicking tons of different game updates back now sadly. Not supported is the dreaded Joi or No Joy (Ha!) response for a lot of the cool RPGMVs, HTMLs, etc.
Again you rock! Thanks,
I got enough fun that I wanted to share the words of appreciation and encouragement for your work.
Did the hubs worlds lagged out horribly for you when you used JoiPlay, if not then which version of JoiPlay did it not lagged out?

onyxmoose

Donor
May 16, 2019
Funny how this got labeled “complete” ages ago but the devs still keep adding content. Normally that wouldnt be a problem but the game is already enormous as is and new bugs are introduced too. Its honestly getting too bloated imo.

Instead of adding more stuff, they should focus on polishing the existing content, like updating some of the hideous CG from the old scenes with better art. Perhaps make it more coherent so the same characters are not drawn by 10 different artists and in 10 different styles. It totally ruins the immersion for me.

When will the game actually be “complete” ?
The topic has been discussed before on here. The reason for the "complete" tag is because the main quest of the game is finished. So, since one can play the game from start to finish, and do all of the main quest/epilogue it's considered complete. It's semantics mainly, works for some, for others like you, it can get confusing. Completely understandable where that confusion or annoyance arises from.

As for game development, initially there was intervals of small updates and larger DLC made. Such as Emek's Rest, Vesper's Booty, and Tilan. Those DLC are all done. So for now it's little updates and community voted content that gets added. There is going to be one final "Gold" update that will conclude development of Roundscape. Where the developers will put whatever final content or polish that they want to end on. So whenever there's talk about a Gold update on the horizon, you'll know when RA is coming to final close. If you want to wait until the Gold update go for it. It can be a bit of a pain to redownload RA often after each new release.

Regarding the artwork. I think it comes down to them already having paid different artists for their work. And not wanting to offend said artists if their work gets removed from the game. Not to mention it can make more economical sense to pay for new artwork/scenes, rather than updating already existing ones. I do know that the developers list of potential artists has gotten smaller, so the artwork has been more streamlined. Rather than all over the place in the initial releases. Like at one point I think there was even a art contest on Hentai Foundry. So there's a lot of non-canon artwork of RA floating around as well. In any event your criticism is valid, and I do wish some of the artwork was updated to a different style/artist. I just wanted to let you know that: I don't think Kaliyo and company have any intention of redoing artwork for any part of the game. If that's a big enough issue for you, then it's completely fine to step away from the game.

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
There is only one scene with Xyless?
Nice with an update, this game is fun. I have yet to finish it though..

Arklm

Oct 8, 2020
In the part: recruit new characters, the update: it only concerns the three characters cited that can occupy vital functions (healer, innkeeper and owner of the magic shop), where there are other characters recruited ?

gragos

Jan 23, 2019
Download the gallery mod, it works fine despite it being for a different version
for what? this mod work, cuz it's already implement in late versions of game... lol
problem is that when u use mode, or not, you anyways don't get new scenes, and still have some bugs

jerf muse

Aug 24, 2018
I haven’t played this game in a long time. Can someone provide a save before this update? I don’t think my old saves work anymore.

Lasced

Oct 26, 2018
Did the hubs worlds lagged out horribly for you when you used JoiPlay, if not then which version of JoiPlay did it not lagged out?
I assume an older version, as the last time I played this game on JoiPlay was 2020, I think. Although my save file folder was 5.3, but I think that version was the last to be playable

Reactions: LittleDemon
3.60 star(s) 134 Votes