applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
I can, actually. Here is news about oncoming Golden Edition:
https://f95zone.to/threads/roundscape-adorevia-v5-8b-arvus-games.466/post-9285502
Compare pictures there with pictures on page 1, in original post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/roundscape-adorevia-v5-8b-arvus-games.466/#lg=post-5355&slide=2
All new pictures are like that, as far as I know. Done by same artist, and not the best one.

I think original all-over-the-place variety of styles was much better than what we've got now. Sure, some artists weren't great, but there were always others.

About scenes - there are pure non-con scenes that doesn't turn into con. Small portion, but not a rarity. The only constant is that every scene is very vanilla when it comes to trauma, both physical and mental. No injury, no broken victims, no sadism.

But you have an option to make your character more and more corrupt - no matter how I love to rant about game lacking darker path, its kinda there. Underdeveloped, but there. I would suggest picking farm MalePC - he has by far the biggest corruption potential due to farm mom content (your protag literally coerces his own mother to become his personal sex-slave). Game even has an evil ending if you are into that, and you can corrupt three of your followers (Meredith, Ruksana, Clawyn). Devs also promise to expand Mayla content for more evil playthroughs - and Mayla is plenty evil. All in all, yes, you can go for slow corruption.

So I guess you could at least try it when the game would have a full release. Or some time after, when the game would have an inevitable bug fix.

Speaking of which - sadly, no, I haven't encountered much bugs and so struggle to give any meaningful specific advice. What you describe sounds extremely broken - its not suppose to work like that at all. Maybe its a specific character problem?
Oh yeah I can definitely see the difference in the art. Its better than some but its worse than others. Yeah I mostly find myself trying to make things work for me as well as making my character struggle. For example I chose Templar so initially I was very helpful and later on I still helped but was more exploitive, I still made sure to leave religious figures alone though. But yeah definitely feel the line there when it comes to noncon though. Some other games do it better some not as much but I like this game enough as it is even with all its flaws. I will definitely try this game when Golden Edition comes out, in fact I'm even planning on replaying this full goody two shoe and full evil (well as evil as they let) mode especially since I'm sure I missed things due to certain dialogue and event triggering by party member.

Oh no the bug wasn't character specific as some characters were able to deal damage initially. I first noticed it with demoness when I was trying to figure out if regular or normal damage had a higher result when I noticed her fear skill was no longer dealing damage after a while. I thought it was just her but then when I got Tishtyra her poison skill wasn't dealing damage either. The burn thing applied to all characters. Luckily the game is easy enough that it doesn't matter so its not too big a deal.

I think one of the worst "bug", likely a typo, was when my quest log told me to go to Xas to deliver slime only for there to be no one for me to deliver it too. Luckily after searching some more I read the quest description which had the right location.

fantasmic

Nov 3, 2021
the "compromise" skill from succubus seems to be bugged. lowers the magic damage of meredith instead of increasing.
Oh no the bug wasn't character specific as some characters were able to deal damage initially. I first noticed it with demoness when I was trying to figure out if regular or normal damage had a higher result when I noticed her fear skill was no longer dealing damage after a while. I thought it was just her but then when I got Tishtyra her poison skill wasn't dealing damage either. The burn thing applied to all characters. Luckily the game is easy enough that it doesn't matter so its not too big a deal.
The devs really phoned it in when adding the skills and states, so a lot of stuff which seems bugged is simply programmed that way. Compromise applies MAT*25% instead of MAT*125%, reducing the targets MAT to 25% instead of increasing it by 25%. Other skills might say they deal heavy damage, but only deal normal damage; you can use certain attack skills from the menu for no reason (or effect); a heal skill is arbitrarily resisted based on the targets MDEF; a certain class's skills all ignore enemy defenses despite giving no indication they do; some states last until the end of combat or persist after combat since no duration was set for them; some skills which claim to heal/damage simply have a blank formula field so they don't. None of this is based on plug-in interference, it's all drop-down menus and fields which are standard to RPGM. I'm hoping it'll all be fixed with the class overhaul in v6.0 but I'd be surprised if it was.

One thing which is actually bugged is the way certain skills (like Twisted Image) hit twice despite not saying they do. That's caused by the custom animations that are used.

Krowe

Mar 5, 2017
Any believable date when we can expect the Golden version? So I can dedicate to play right now or wait for a little (months or so)

Aug 27, 2017
Any believable date when we can expect the Golden version? So I can dedicate to play right now or wait for a little (months or so)
Optimistically i hope they realease on NY hollidays. Realstically they must realease Arenus b4 Roundscape, so half a year atleast

Reactions: Krowe

Eiznhorn

Jul 31, 2022
Find bug: then i go th the castle brothel female goblin recruitment event starts and after that activates mc's mom visit in that brothel, mc step in mom's model and i cant do anything. What do i need to do?

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Oh yeah I can definitely see the difference in the art. Its better than some but its worse than others. Yeah I mostly find myself trying to make things work for me as well as making my character struggle. For example I chose Templar so initially I was very helpful and later on I still helped but was more exploitive, I still made sure to leave religious figures alone though. But yeah definitely feel the line there when it comes to noncon though. Some other games do it better some not as much but I like this game enough as it is even with all its flaws. I will definitely try this game when Golden Edition comes out, in fact I'm even planning on replaying this full goody two shoe and full evil (well as evil as they let) mode especially since I'm sure I missed things due to certain dialogue and event triggering by party member.

I think one of the worst "bug", likely a typo, was when my quest log told me to go to Xas to deliver slime only for there to be no one for me to deliver it too. Luckily after searching some more I read the quest description which had the right location.
Oh, fellow fantasier! I too like to play like protagonist has a story of his own, but I would leave it to the end of this (increasingly verbose) message.

I very welcome you to replay this gem, for all its flaws there are tons of good stuff. As for the artstyles - weeell, personally I'm not sure that any of older styles were worse than this new one.

Its weird. Firstly, this style seems soulless to me and I'd prefer worse yet unique styles of old versions. But secondly, this style feels kinda different, I guess? Some scenes feels great, others mediocre at best - and its all one style! Maybe its writing that adds or takes from certain scenes, I am not sure, but generally it leaves me with a weird impression.

I also see that bug issue was explained by other guy (gal?), good. Surprisingly, VX Ace (or how was called, the previous engine this game ran on?) seemed to have far lesser bugs, at least when it comes to combat skills. It was also broken (Tish had blinding poison that along high DoT made any enemy almost harmless, for example) but I don't recall nearly so many bugs. Oh, well, I play "big club/magic missile go smash!", that's probably why I encounter less bugs.

As for quest log bugs - don't bother, mate. It was always utterly broken. Completed quests never checking as such, new quests not appearing, and in later versions I always encounter this irritating bug when at some point my quest log is just never refreshed - no new quests, nothing! Have to remember or google what I am doing! Not that I mind much, but it would be better if the damn thing worked!

I really hope they would fix it - this is by far the biggest bug of them all, and probably the most frequent.

Oh, yes, story time:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Athilora

Apr 13, 2018
After Golden comes out, it would be awesome to have a Ren'py version. It would be a hellish undertaking for someone but it would make replayability more apopealing if the grind isn't there for every single playthrough.

Reactions: kidderyao

Flutewind

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2021
Heya guys. I wanna ask about the farmer mom routes. I usually take the blackmail route. In my current playthrough, I kinda want to try the other route, but reading the lines it seems like it has far fewer scenes than the blackmail route, and no repeatable scenes either. Can someone tell me all the differences between the two routes? Thanks in advance.

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
Heya guys. I wanna ask about the farmer mom routes. I usually take the blackmail route. In my current playthrough, I kinda want to try the other route, but reading the lines it seems like it has far fewer scenes than the blackmail route, and no repeatable scenes either. Can someone tell me all the differences between the two routes? Thanks in advance.
Gentle route means following:
1) not picking rough route in ActI;
2) in ActII when farm mother would speak about being lonely convince her to do it with protag;
3) it would trigger 1 of 3 scenes, at random.
Next part is big "if I recall correctly" type of thing - I've played gentle route a long time ago.

So, it works just as the beginning of rough route, when you have to pause between visits (do a quest or two) to trigger a new scene. Only game (farm mom, more precisely) picks scenes for you, meaning roulette.
But I don't think it is one-time event. Visit her from time to time to get new scenes, just keep in mind that you could get three blowjobs in a row.

Bandung974

Sep 30, 2018
Hey guys i'm playing the 5.8b version but how the hell do we trigger the VALERIE RETURN in ACT3 ?

Oakshire is rebuild but nothing seems to happen.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
so i started a new game then tried to save and wouldnt let me i seen on OP save fix then says under it Only use this fix for save files made with or below version 4.3 im playing the latest version so is there not a fix or how to save?

GrandPaBrowning

Mar 7, 2021
The one I posted here seems to be the latest available Guide.
Its by far the fullest, but still incomplete. For example, there is no mention of second scene with Zent and Zeygga and no mention of corrupt noble mansion quest and scenes in Summeredge. I guess its not 5.8b, more like two versions down.

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
The problem is that, scene-wise, as far as I recall Corruption is completely useless. Having low Corruption doesn't lock out scenes, just as having high Corruption doesn't unlock additional ones. It only adds some additional lines. Meredith will still rail every animal and monster she comes across, even if you keep her the purest maiden in the realm.
Also, when I played the game there was literally ONE High Corruption/Low Affection scene in the entire game, and it was added years and years ago. It's obvious that, past a certain point, the developer silently abandoned the entire concept.
Take the bestiality scenes as the best examples. When they introduced the very first one, the dialogue made it obvious it's considered to be taboo. Now compare it with the present version of the game, where animal fucking is equal to an afternoon cup of tea.
I stopped playing this as updates basically forced me to start over and just did not feel like it and had+have far too much else.

But as far as I recall high corruption in couple areas did have a affect (least back then though never personally did it just guide and other people).

As far as the rest as I said I do wish a ton of it was optional and not the sole factor of you have to in order to progress and had more just character bits or even just again made those bits optional (ie still give + if avoid it), which would solve that and idk why it is not that way as its a common thing to do in adult games any ways (though have noticed a incrase sadly in creators forgoing it and forcing the scenes even not skipping the more extremes as often - ie scat/piss/gore).
But them being a massive thing is again likely just due to giving what payers wanted and then for whatever reason forcing the scenes, though ya it sucks they should have tried harder to keep corruption affecting though then it would be harder to do and program without it running into too pure for "fun" or too corrupt for "love" so least semi understand from that aspect.

FreakishlyKing

Sep 15, 2020
Find bug: then i go th the castle brothel female goblin recruitment event starts and after that activates mc's mom visit in that brothel, mc step in mom's model and i cant do anything. What do i need to do?

I had the same bug and it seems to be a positioning discrepancy between the two scenes, where the mc wants to be one step further forward to activate the rest of the dialogue for the mother scene. So, I used the RPG Maker MV Cheat Menu plugin to enable clipping and the mc walked into the countertop and continued the scene. Hopefully this helps.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 032027.png

3.60 star(s) 134 Votes