3.40 star(s) 16 Votes

Torgov69

Aug 31, 2020
I am not sure why everybody was giving him such a hard time. I loved the game myself. I do think he did not spend enough time explaining the initial status of the friendships, but the way I saw it, they all liked him, they just saw him as a bit needy and pathetic, which may have been true to a degree. After his success, which was a milestone in his life, he became much more confident...part of him maturing and becoming who he is as an adult. So I can see the ladies liking him but not really wanting to be close friends at first. Sure the money makes him far more interesting, but also just the success which is human nature. He is now far more interesting even if he goes broke again immediately.

As for the dev abandoning the game. We have no idea what he is dealing with. This last year or so has been very tough on many. I have lost several family members, close friends, and coworkers. I have also seen many of my coworkers dealing with stress. Many companies are requiring more work with less pay and more hours. Add in the stress of less socialization at work by working from home. It is easy to throw stones, but I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am a patreon and he has not billed me for months. Maybe he has not posted cause he has no clue what to say. Sometimes you don't want to share your personal issues, and you hope things will bounce back sooner than they do. By the time they don't, enough blasting has been done here that you may figure "why bother now"

I still have hopes that promised release that was close will be posted at some point and I hope that the dev is personally doing ok. Maybe this younger generation needs to remember how to be respectful and not post shit that they wouldn't say right to someones face who is twice their size and able to stomp them for being disrespectful. Seems this has been lost in the online posting world.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
I am not sure why everybody was giving him such a hard time. I loved the game myself. I do think he did not spend enough time explaining the initial status of the friendships, but the way I saw it, they all liked him, they just saw him as a bit needy and pathetic, which may have been true to a degree. After his success, which was a milestone in his life, he became much more confident...part of him maturing and becoming who he is as an adult. So I can see the ladies liking him but not really wanting to be close friends at first. Sure the money makes him far more interesting, but also just the success which is human nature. He is now far more interesting even if he goes broke again immediately.

As for the dev abandoning the game. We have no idea what he is dealing with. This last year or so has been very tough on many. I have lost several family members, close friends, and coworkers. I have also seen many of my coworkers dealing with stress. Many companies are requiring more work with less pay and more hours. Add in the stress of less socialization at work by working from home. It is easy to throw stones, but I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am a patreon and he has not billed me for months. Maybe he has not posted cause he has no clue what to say. Sometimes you don't want to share your personal issues, and you hope things will bounce back sooner than they do. By the time they don't, enough blasting has been done here that you may figure "why bother now"

I still have hopes that promised release that was close will be posted at some point and I hope that the dev is personally doing ok. Maybe this younger generation needs to remember how to be respectful and not post shit that they wouldn't say right to someones face who is twice their size and able to stomp them for being disrespectful. Seems this has been lost in the online posting world.
Nope, too many keyboard warriors out there flinging poo at a world that they don't have to look in the eye. As I have grown older, I have noticed how passive so many people are face to face, especially when it is two men that might have a disagreement. I am not a big dude by any stretch, but many times I have gotten my way by being the slightest bit dominant. That is not my nature, but I can get worked up when needed. Not bullying, just forceful. Many of these people talking trash wouldn't do so face to face.

As for the dev, I was disappointed that he stopped all comms with me. I have no idea why, and I am sure he has a very good and valid reason, I guess I would have liked a quick "shit happens, not coming back (or will come back after a needed break)." But one thing I have noticed in this life, it's that the world doesn't give a rat's ass about what I want. He seems like a good guy who had to deal with a lot of abuse that was needless, and maybe just got fed up.

I for one really hope he comes back refreshed and ready to carry on, having gotten through whatever caused him to stop in the first place. I know he had ideas for a new game, maybe that will bring him back.

ZagorTeNay

Jun 28, 2018

Eh? Most people had positive impressions of the game, and consensus ( among honorable perverts here) was it got better and better with each update. What was commonly criticized is that the game had a bit rough opening that could have been handled differently. Besides that, no one was really out of line here.
He probably lost motivation or it didn't pan out, financially, as he hoped. It is kind of weird: judging from previews Chapter V was almost complete, and the guy seems a regular on this forum.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
So is this game ever getting an update or did the Dev/ Author File13 this story.
The dev vanished, I don't think he'll come back. His last post on Patreon is saying "Releasing chapter 5 in a week", dated November 30 2020 :KEK:

I don't know if the billing is active, but if so he's getting about $100 a month (less with payment process and patreon's cut) for nothing

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Last we heard it billing was paused at the Devs request until after he got the next version out, I didn't quite get the other comments after that from some people.

Medak

Oct 11, 2019
Last spotted Doing NTR fan art for Culture Shock. Which might explain some things about the MC from his game,and why he let his 'friends' treat him like that.
The game had potential, but sadly he tried to please both sides, making the mc a super stud playboy all of a sudden in some scenes while in others he was still a wimp pushover and they were not mutually exclusive so it made for a train wreck storywise.
So the part of the audience that didn't like femdom complained about it on every update while the part that did like it also complained for the opposite reason.
But like I said, the game had potential, if he just separated the two paths a little better and made the transition to an alpha mc a little smoother and more believable, not a sudden thing while introducing some new female love interests for people that hate his "friends" and maybe adding a maledom part where he gets his revenge.
While keeping the femdom path open like this, were he stays a wimp, being exploited by his friends for various gains, money and stuff, it could have been a great game.
But sadly he didn't stick with it long enough to get through the first rough patch and improve.
Money comes with time and dedication.

pablo25

May 17, 2018
guys, wtf.... i really want the F95 to remove those games if the devs gonna run. and dont post after atleast 5 chapters XD.... this is so fcking annyoing that A GREAT game... again is abandoned :/

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
guys, wtf.... i really want the F95 to remove those games if the devs gonna run. and dont post after atleast 5 chapters XD.... this is so fcking annyoing that A GREAT game... again is abandoned :/
It's the risk involved with the nature of the development sadly. After a few releases they might take stock and judge interest to see whether it's worth continuing. It's not helped the game started bit shit crazy so it was always off to a wobbly start

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's the risk involved with the nature of the development sadly. After a few releases they might take stock and judge interest to see whether it's worth continuing. It's not helped the game started bit shit crazy so it was always off to a wobbly start
It was the near constant nonsense that toppled this one.

The vocal crowd wanted a revenge story, the dev wanted a romance story. They didn't mesh.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I didn't play from the start of the thread (came later) but I like the game, femdom romance is pretty rare. Too bad the dev disappear before releasing the last chapter 5 :cry:

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
I was encouraging another dev to see if they couldn't take up the mantle for this game, but have no way of contacting the current dev.

xXwankerXx

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2017
Another interesting game git abandoned. I hate this shit
The dev bit off way more than they could chew just like the dev of Never Back Down, and that's the result. Don't know why ppl are so surprised to see this game abandoned. This is a classic example of a dev who doesn't know how to progress their story after receiving some harsh criticism, coz let's be honest, the start was just pathetic, and none of the LIs were worth giving a shit about, since all of them were gold diggers and two-faced cunts. The MC's wimpy attitude followed by a sudden ascension to cocky playa in just a couple of secs/lines of dialogue was also illogical and just fan service to attract more supporters.

I'm sure that if the dev had made this a pure NTR or pure non NTR game with a believable, not complete wimpy, pathetic MC who took every rejection as a stepping stone to becoming an 'alpha' dude like the MC from WVM, for example, he wouldn't have abandoned the project and he'd also make some good money. But when you combine NTR with non NTR, or try to go from zero to hero and turn a wimp into a harem king, the result is always the same, as in this case.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
The dev bit off way more than they could chew just like the dev of Never Back Down, and that's the result. Don't know why ppl are so surprised to see this game abandoned. This is a classic example of a dev who doesn't know how to progress their story after receiving some harsh criticism, coz let's be honest, the start was just pathetic, and none of the LIs were worth giving a shit about, since all of them were gold diggers and two-faced cunts. The MC's wimpy attitude followed by a sudden ascension to cocky playa in just a couple of secs/lines of dialogue was also illogical and just fan service to attract more supporters.

I'm sure that if the dev had made this a pure NTR or pure non NTR game with a believable, not complete wimpy, pathetic MC who took every rejection as a stepping stone to becoming an 'alpha' dude like the MC from WVM, for example, he wouldn't have abandoned the project and he'd also make some good money. But when you combine NTR with non NTR, or try to go from zero to hero and turn a wimp into a harem king, the result is always the same, as in this case.
Kinda thinking your assessment of the game was overly harsh. Yes, he did make the girls overly unlikable at the beginning, but that could be easily remedied. He did set about trying to make them a bit more likable, and he set up the beginnings of a revenge "burn the bitch" arc. Otherwise, the MC was a bit of a cypher, so I did not detect a radical shift in his persona that would so upend the game world.

People were mostly mad that NTR was present and offered as a choice. Couple that with an MC that was less than studly, and the lumpy start with the love interests, and you get severe backlash (probably from a group largely consisting of leeches who never support anyone and just throw stones at devs. But I don't know that for certain, just my opinion).

The dev could have let people know he was stepping away, taking a break, dropping the game, but whatever. It is still a slightly free country.

3.40 star(s) 16 Votes