3.40 star(s) 16 Votes

Drako

Jul 6, 2017
It's about three months and the Dev has been active at this site recently, but has not responded to a DM meant to help confirm their game's status.

Given lack of communications on all channels about the game otherwise, marking this as Abandoned. That status can always be revisited if new information arrives.
As i was saying , It is too early for the abandoned tag after 3 months only most games stay more then that. dev could be depressed or have real life problems and dont want to communicate with anyone for now and we should respect that . Giving the game more time or make it ON HOLD would be more fair.

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
As i was saying , It is too early for the abandoned tag after 3 months only most games stay more then that. dev could be depressed or have real life problems and dont want to communicate with anyone for now and we should respect that . Giving the game more time or make it ON HOLD would be more fair.
Three months without communication is the site's policy for abandoned tag. On-hold tag must be requested by the developer. Those are the rules, and it's the Mod's job to enforce them. I'm disappointed to. It had kind of a rough start, but it seemed like it was starting to go somewhere.

Drako

Jul 6, 2017
Three months without communication is the site's policy for abandoned tag. On-hold tag must be requested by the developer. Those are the rules, and it's the Mod's job to enforce them. I'm disappointed to. It had kind of a rough start, but it seemed like it was starting to go somewhere.
Well if it is the rules that is fine, I believe he will be back, he just need some time alone with some life problems going on that will pass with time, a very promising game.

max102

May 31, 2020
I'm kind of sad that this is tagged abandoned... I'm sure that the dev lurks and reads these... Just letting you know that this is a great game. If you wish to continue, great. If not, that's fine too. I thoroughly enjoyed it already. Would love to see more of course - will always pledge in patreon.

Reactions: zse13245 and OrcDra

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Just so the most disappointing tag ever... Abandoned!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Damn it. Another good one bites the dust
#LudoSad

Reactions: Byczer

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Funny thing is that the Dev just visited.
Well, I do hope the Dev returns... I just was going through my list of VNs that happened to not have an update in a while and so the Abandoned tag here. So yeah... hope it returns and will keep an eye out.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder if the dev feels any kind of shame after abandoning the project the way he did, without saying anything at all and not even replying to the mods' inquiries. Abandoned games happen all the time, there's nothing embarrassing in it, but at least say something.
He's remained active on this site all the time (he was online last night), so there's a slim chance that one day he'll drop by and say "Yes, I'm ashamed" or "No, I give 0 fucks."
His patron seems to be up and running. The latest post was in November, saying an update would be published a week later :4Head:

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
Given the negative talk about how peculiar the initial premise of this game was when it was first released I'm not surprised it's been dropped like a hot tattie.

"We literally all hate you until you get money" isn't a great way of making likeable characters

Rocc46

Sep 1, 2020
Given the negative talk about how peculiar the initial premise of this game was when it was first released I'm not surprised it's been dropped like a hot tattie.

"We literally all hate you until you get money" isn't a great way of making likeable characters
He created almost unsolvable problem with the 4 LIs. I don't know how he thought that the setup for this game was a good idea. He obviously didn't expect the LIs to be hated this much so then he tried to somehow fix it and it resulted in a lot of inconsistencies in the story and he realized it would be too much of a hassle to continue, that's why he dropped it I think.

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
He created almost unsolvable problem with the 4 LIs. I don't know how he thought that the setup for this game was a good idea. He obviously didn't expect the LIs to be hated this much so then he tried to somehow fix it and it resulted in a lot of inconsistencies in the story and he realized it would be too much of a hassle to continue, that's why he dropped it I think.
Yeah totally. I don't get how he could have thought otherwise. I mean if the game was laid out as a financial domination game and you're just paying women to like you, fair enough. But from what little I played it certainly didn't seem that way.

I'm not wailing on the guy, I can only imagine how disheartening it can be to try and produce a game and you're getting grief for some of your choices. But they were definitely eyebrow raising choices. Games live and die around the characters even more than it does from the game mechanics or plot, and those characters weren't pleasant.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I wonder if the dev feels any kind of shame after abandoning the project the way he did, without saying anything at all and not even replying to the mods' inquiries. Abandoned games happen all the time, there's nothing embarrassing in it, but at least say something.
He's remained active on this site all the time (he was online last night), so there's a slim chance that one day he'll drop by and say "Yes, I'm ashamed" or "No, I give 0 fucks."
His patron seems to be up and running. The latest post was in November, saying an update would be published a week later :4Head:
Why would he feel any shame?

He tried to make a game, people gave him constant abuse, he gave up. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Why would he feel any shame?

He tried to make a game, people gave him constant abuse, he gave up. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did.
No abuse can be justified, but there's something called good manners. If you have patrons supporting you (37 as of today), if you even have some mods asking you about your current status, the least you can do is explain it to them.
"Sorry, but I'm quitting because people were abusing me". Full stop. Simple as that.
In November he said he would be uploading a new version a week later, he didn't and his patron is still running.
And I liked the game, I wrote good things about the story.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Yeah totally. I don't get how he could have thought otherwise. I mean if the game was laid out as a financial domination game and you're just paying women to like you, fair enough. But from what little I played it certainly didn't seem that way.

I'm not wailing on the guy, I can only imagine how disheartening it can be to try and produce a game and you're getting grief for some of your choices. But they were definitely eyebrow raising choices. Games live and die around the characters even more than it does from the game mechanics or plot, and those characters weren't pleasant.
It seems to me that many did not understand what he was trying to do. There is not 4 love interests; there is 1 LI (the girl he was always hot for), 2 'just there to bang' chicks, and the wild card who either helped corral the other ladies (and perhaps take over) or become another of the 'just there to bang' chicks. He was also developing paths that showed forgiveness or vindictiveness. It was actually starting to fall into place when he decided to leave. But I do agree, way too many people freaked the fuck out at the beginning, enough to perhaps be discouraging.

Ninjaman2

Dec 4, 2018
People need to stop caring what randoms on a piracy site say. Game had some amazing elements but... this is why I get so wary of supporting games early on in the development cycle. There are SO MANY good concept games that get abandoned. Highly frustrating.

Last edited:

kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
It seems to me that many did not understand what he was trying to do. There is not 4 love interests; there is 1 LI (the girl he was always hot for), 2 'just there to bang' chicks, and the wild card who either helped corral the other ladies (and perhaps take over) or become another of the 'just there to bang' chicks. He was also developing paths that showed forgiveness or vindictiveness. It was actually starting to fall into place when he decided to leave. But I do agree, way too many people freaked the fuck out at the beginning, enough to perhaps be discouraging.
But is that not a problem of the manner of development? I would say that from the initial reaction in the intro, all the women are irredeemable so any plot which involves them going forward will be coloured by that, but if the purpose of the game is to have the characters become something you're starting to understand 5 to 10 chapters down the line that will never work because ultimately to get to that point, it can be anything up to a year or more to release. Games with incremental releases will always be in danger of loosing customers simply because the vision in the authors head isn't apparent at such an early stage to the players.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
But is that not a problem of the manner of development? I would say that from the initial reaction in the intro, all the women are irredeemable so any plot which involves them going forward will be coloured by that, but if the purpose of the game is to have the characters become something you're starting to understand 5 to 10 chapters down the line that will never work because ultimately to get to that point, it can be anything up to a year or more to release. Games with incremental releases will always be in danger of loosing customers simply because the vision in the authors head isn't apparent at such an early stage to the players.
Yeah devs (not just this one) do underestimate the impact of how you portray a character early in game in a project where the changes or better sides to them take a year or longer to be shown. Characters do become too fixed as shown in a persons mind over such a long time, it is not a book or finished movie or even game where you see the other sides in an hour or so later and relatively quickly can reevaluate a character.

What works in a finished project can be very dangerous in a wip with by definition slowish updates, since rendering and all does take real time. You better show those better sides pretty fast or at least hint at them from introduction. Grey characters can work, black though without redeeming features is almost impossible to redeem. This goes both for character flaws in characters or showing them with sexual proclivities players do not like as for example one of my turns off: a woman that likes MMF. :p

3.40 star(s) 16 Votes